Forums/Armchair-GM

Thoughts On Mitch Marner Last Night

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 5 déc. 2019
Publié: 5 déc. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Even though he didn't get on the scoresheet, I felt Mitch Marner had a really good game yesterday. In fact, it may have been his best one so far this season. Something seemed different about him compared to his games before the injury. He just seemed to have more jump, more energy and was more noticeable throughout the ice. He was using his shiftiness and agility to walk around players and generate scoring opportunities. He was tenacious away from the puck and prevented a few scoring opportunities. Made some nice passes. Overall, I think it was a real positive sign from him to get back on the ice and under a new coach in a new system, I can really see him thriving. This is why people rate Marner as a top player in his position. What'd you guys think?
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $81 552 699 $0 $0 $-52 699 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
10 893 000 $10 893 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 déc. 2019 à 15 h 56
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
I agree. Frustrating loss last night, but I think the Leafs are going to start playing better with a healthy group
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
5 déc. 2019 à 15 h 59
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: MadLin27
I agree. Frustrating loss last night, but I think the Leafs are going to start playing better with a healthy group

I hope they go on a big run soon, for nothing more than to shut up a lot of idiots who are going way too overboard with the gloom and doom. For crying out loud, David Savard is being looked at as the savior of the season.
5 déc. 2019 à 16 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I hope they go on a big run soon, for nothing more than to shut up a lot of idiots who are going way too overboard with the gloom and doom. For crying out loud, David Savard is being looked at as the savior of the season.

I remember last season Leaf fans wanted Gudas. He's not too much better than him, is he?
5 déc. 2019 à 16 h 23
Banni
Quoting: MikeyThePensFan
I remember last season Leaf fans wanted Gudas. He's not too much better than him, is he?

Yeah thats a good comparison. Savard is one of those guys that are good paired with a puck mover but on his own isn't anything special. They never really move the needle much but are handy to have around. Without a doubt the Leafs need to upgrade their Right side of their defence. I think they need a replacement for Ceci, he's terrible.
5 déc. 2019 à 16 h 35
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Yeah thats a good comparison. Savard is one of those guys that are good paired with a puck mover but on his own isn't anything special. They never really move the needle much but are handy to have around. Without a doubt the Leafs need to upgrade their Right side of their defence. I think they need a replacement for Ceci, he's terrible.

I think the reason Leafs fans want Savard right now is exactly the description you gave of him. They have enough puck moving defenders and need a defenceman to pair with them who is responsible in his own end. I don't know enough about his game to want him to come to Toronto, but that is an area that needs addressing. Don't need him to move the needle, just need him to do his job.
5 déc. 2019 à 17 h 16
Banni
Quoting: Ritzy
I think the reason Leafs fans want Savard right now is exactly the description you gave of him. They have enough puck moving defenders and need a defenceman to pair with them who is responsible in his own end. I don't know enough about his game to want him to come to Toronto, but that is an area that needs addressing. Don't need him to move the needle, just need him to do his job.

Fair and I am not opposed to getting a guy like that but I'm also very much against a Hall for Larsson move. There are some out there that like to say, getting a guy like Larsson, or Gudas or Savard or whatever defensively sound but nothing special defenceman will cost as much as a 1st, Liljegren and Nylander. That is an insane price and its stupid and the more of it that I see the more I don't want to come on here.
5 déc. 2019 à 17 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Banni

I’m glad that you are starting to see that Ceci isn’t so good. That game against the Sabres was a real red flag. His positioning, reactions, speed and agility are horrible. I don’t think he was too bad yesterday as he prevented a few chances but he’s making too much to be a bottom pair.
5 déc. 2019 à 18 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
I think the guy looked like he was having fun again , and for a guy like Marner that's probably key. Did you see him play goalie during the final minute? Lol. That was pretty awesome.

The season could be on a razor's edge given the pace that they'll need to keep to secure a playoff spot. But considering a coaching change and new approaches I'm happy if what they need to do this year is to set the foundation so that their good moving forward. Worst case scenario unload all the ufas at the tdl and let's have some looks at some Marlies while refilling the cupboard at the draft.

I dunno, I liked the game last night minus the very leafy short handed goal against. And I see it as a real positive that we got a look at Marner/AM/Nylander, plus I'm liking what I see with both Dermott and Holl.
It might take a bit still for this team to realize what they can be but I think the leafs are set up pretty good for the next few years.
5 déc. 2019 à 18 h 39
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,464
I’m glad that you are starting to see that Ceci isn’t so good. That game against the Sabres was a real red flag. His positioning, reactions, speed and agility are horrible. I don’t think he was too bad yesterday as he prevented a few chances but he’s making too much to be a bottom pair.

???? I really get confused on these meaningless numerical pairings that folks put on players. OK, let's say Ceci isn't a # 1 Dman (what ever that means). The other two RHD, Barrie and Holl certainly quality NHLers. Ceci has probably been the best RHD the Leafs have had all season. Playing with the defensive irresponsible Reilly has hurt Ceci and Leafs more than anything.
Even if the Leafs acquired a RHD like Savard, who does he replace. Even if you say Ceci, the Leafs are stuck with Barrie and Holl about 40 minutes a night.
5 déc. 2019 à 19 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
I think the guy looked like he was having fun again , and for a guy like Marner that's probably key. Did you see him play goalie during the final minute? Lol. That was pretty awesome.

The season could be on a razor's edge given the pace that they'll need to keep to secure a playoff spot. But considering a coaching change and new approaches I'm happy if what they need to do this year is to set the foundation so that their good moving forward. Worst case scenario unload all the ufas at the tdl and let's have some looks at some Marlies while refilling the cupboard at the draft.

I dunno, I liked the game last night minus the very leafy short handed goal against. And I see it as a real positive that we got a look at Marner/AM/Nylander, plus I'm liking what I see with both Dermott and Holl.
It might take a bit still for this team to realize what they can be but I think the leafs are set up pretty good for the next few years.

Yeah I think all that contract talk and Babcock situation impacted Mitch negatively. Hopefully he plays like his old self moving forward. Him on a line with Auston and Willy would be lethal. Not too much forecheck but a lot of possession and creativity.
5 déc. 2019 à 19 h 59
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
Yeah I think all that contract talk and Babcock situation impacted Mitch negatively. Hopefully he plays like his old self moving forward. Him on a line with Auston and Willy would be lethal. Not too much forecheck but a lot of possession and creativity.

Yup. That's what that line would be - a high possession creative line. It'd also put the load on the shoulders of the three young stars to produce and carry the team.

Nothing wrong with two lines of AM/Nylander and JT/Marner either. I don't think we've actually seen that for any sustained period of time between injuries, hold outs and getting up to speed since JT showed up. Either way, as much as people talk about the leafs defense being a problem, their offense has been like a pop gun lately. They're having problems scoring goals lately despite all the skill.
6 déc. 2019 à 12 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: palhal
???? I really get confused on these meaningless numerical pairings that folks put on players. OK, let's say Ceci isn't a # 1 Dman (what ever that means). The other two RHD, Barrie and Holl certainly quality NHLers. Ceci has probably been the best RHD the Leafs have had all season. Playing with the defensive irresponsible Reilly has hurt Ceci and Leafs more than anything.
Even if the Leafs acquired a RHD like Savard, who does he replace. Even if you say Ceci, the Leafs are stuck with Barrie and Holl about 40 minutes a night.

I will admit that Ceci wasn’t as bad as advertised but he still hasn’t been very good. The main issue with him is he has slow reactions, can’t handle the puck and lacks agility. He’s always behind on his marking and surrenders so many quality scoring chances.
6 déc. 2019 à 12 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
Yup. That's what that line would be - a high possession creative line. It'd also put the load on the shoulders of the three young stars to produce and carry the team.

Nothing wrong with two lines of AM/Nylander and JT/Marner either. I don't think we've actually seen that for any sustained period of time between injuries, hold outs and getting up to speed since JT showed up. Either way, as much as people talk about the leafs defense being a problem, their offense has been like a pop gun lately. They're having problems scoring goals lately despite all the skill.

I think the Leafs have had many scoring chances but they’ve been pretty snake-bitten offensively.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage