Forums/Armchair-GM

Trying to replace what Kadri brought to the table

Créé par: BigAnderson
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 30 nov. 2019
Publié: 30 nov. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Toronto is missing the intangibles that Kadri brought to the team. Ideas to fill the void without touching the core.
Taking on Allen’s contract is doable if they’re taking Ceci’s and Allen may not be great but is big upgrade over Hutch. Barbashev and Reaves are physical guys willing to throw the body and Reaves obviously ready to drop the mitts too and stick up for his teammates. Anderson is big and physical too and shown in the past that he can score goals. With his early season injury and slow start I think he needs a change of scenery. I know not all these trades would be made and maybe need to be mixed and matched, but I don’t think I’m giving up any untouchables and any downgrade in skill we’re making up for in grit and toughness.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 272 143 $0 $70 000 $2 227 857 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
10 893 000 $10 893 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
1 475 000 $1 475 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
2 775 000 $2 775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
694 444 $694 444 $ (Bonis de performance70 000 $$70K)
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 nov. 2019 à 3 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Columbus asks for Johansson or Kerfoot for Anderson. We have no need for Kapanen or another middle 6 RW...
30 nov. 2019 à 3 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 64
Quoting: Ajp_18
Columbus asks for Johansson or Kerfoot for Anderson. We have no need for Kapanen or another middle 6 RW...

Kerfoot for Anderson instead of Kapanen. I’m good with that. Out of all the players I had Toronto trading away, felt Kap would be toughest to let go
30 nov. 2019 à 3 h 31
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,987
Thing about the STL trade is I don't think it really helps either side at all.

I've looked at the idea of a Ceci - Allen swap but backed out later.

I like the idea of acquiring Barbashev though. Probably part of a cap release trade.

(I am not a leafs fan)
30 nov. 2019 à 4 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 344
First trade is no. Cbj doesn’t need any RW

The blues trade, I like Burt and barbs but Allen is a buyout canidate so why?

Vegas takes that and runs away, that’s a overpayment. Atleast get a back up like subban
30 nov. 2019 à 7 h 57
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,310
Blues say no. Considering their salaries, Barby is more valuable than Johnsson. Trading Allen only has value if we gain cap, and we don't need another RD. And we have zero use for Petan.
30 nov. 2019 à 10 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
One of the biggest reasons we lost to Boston last year was because Kadri lost his cool and got suspended and that meant we didn't have a 3C so Nylander had to play there with 2 plugs. So toughness and the intangibles hurt the team and your response is to send Kerfoot who gives us more centre depth for a 4th line tough guy who can't play more than 10 minutes a game. This whole toughness debate is stupid. You need passion and determination not toughness. Grit is simply outworking people, not being afraid to lay a hit or take a hit. The team has grit, they just don't run around trying to hit everything that moves. They hit when it's there.
Steven_Dean a aimé ceci.
30 nov. 2019 à 13 h 47
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 45
The Allen deal could work if it's a TDL rental. Having that cap hit on the books for next year keeps the Leafs in cap hell. At least Ceci is a year-end UFA.
30 nov. 2019 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LoganOllivier
One of the biggest reasons we lost to Boston last year was because Kadri lost his cool and got suspended and that meant we didn't have a 3C so Nylander had to play there with 2 plugs. So toughness and the intangibles hurt the team and your response is to send Kerfoot who gives us more centre depth for a 4th line tough guy who can't play more than 10 minutes a game. This whole toughness debate is stupid. You need passion and determination not toughness. Grit is simply outworking people, not being afraid to lay a hit or take a hit. The team has grit, they just don't run around trying to hit everything that moves. They hit when it's there.

Kadri lost his cool and got stupid after the refs let the game get out of hand. Boston’s utter dominance on both sides of special teams play was a bigger reason we lost than Kadri’s suspension. Personally I think Nylander actually plays better when he’s given the added responsibility of playing centre but I like him on Matthews wing. One of Keefe’s first moves was taking Kerfoot off centre and onto the wing because he’s not that good yet up the middle and Spezza is clearly the better option. Once Marner is back, Kerfoot is likely headed to the 4th line anyway so he’s more valuable as a trade asset than anything else
30 nov. 2019 à 14 h 19
Banni
Quoting: BigAnderson
Kadri lost his cool and got stupid after the refs let the game get out of hand. Boston’s utter dominance on both sides of special teams play was a bigger reason we lost than Kadri’s suspension. Personally I think Nylander actually plays better when he’s given the added responsibility of playing centre but I like him on Matthews wing. One of Keefe’s first moves was taking Kerfoot off centre and onto the wing because he’s not that good yet up the middle and Spezza is clearly the better option. Once Marner is back, Kerfoot is likely headed to the 4th line anyway so he’s more valuable as a trade asset than anything else

Kerfoot is more valuable than either of Johnsson or Kap. He can play centre, likely as good as Spezza who will go to the 4th line.
30 nov. 2019 à 14 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Kerfoot is more valuable than either of Johnsson or Kap. He can play centre, likely as good as Spezza who will go to the 4th line.

All or more valuable as trade pieces to acquire what this team needs instead of more of what it already has in spades. And on you’re earlier comment about grit, I agree that this team grit. The problem is it’s their smaller players that show it the most. When the grit and determination are equal, size wins. Kerfoot and Reaves go into the same corner to retrieve a loose puck 9/10 Reaves is the one taking it out. Leafs have Moore, Timashov, Johnsson, Petan, Kerfoot. All 5’9” 5’10” between 180 and 195 lbs. They have varying degrees of skill levels and strengths and weaknesses but all have grit and determination. But there’s nothing really special about any of them, you can find guys just as gritty but bigger and then we could win more puck battles. We can’t just out skill every team in the league. Every good team has skilled players, in the playoffs it’s the grinders that make the difference. Well grinders and whoever’s goalie is playing the hottest
30 nov. 2019 à 14 h 52
Banni
All or more valuable as trade pieces to acquire what this team needs instead of more of what it already has in spades. And on you’re earlier comment about grit, I agree that this team grit. The problem is it’s their smaller players that show it the most. When the grit and determination are equal, size wins. Kerfoot and Reaves go into the same corner to retrieve a loose puck 9/10 Reaves is the one taking it out. Leafs have Moore, Timashov, Johnsson, Petan, Kerfoot. All 5’9” 5’10” between 180 and 195 lbs. They have varying degrees of skill levels and strengths and weaknesses but all have grit and determination. But there’s nothing really special about any of them, you can find guys just as gritty but bigger and then we could win more puck battles. We can’t just out skill every team in the league. Every good team has skilled players, in the playoffs it’s the grinders that make the difference. Well grinders and whoever’s goalie is playing the hottest

9 out of 10 Reeves hits someone and is now out of position or gets a penalty. I know some love the idea of physical players but what you need is players who drive play and out compete people. Kerfoot wins against Reeves 9 out of 10 times. Plus he can win faceoffs. Johnsson and Kap can't. Kerfoot's ability to play centre makes him too valuable. I think our RW depth takes a dive off a cliff after Kapanen but our LW is deeper with Mikheyev, Moore, Kerfoot, Korshkov, Engval and Marchmont even. So losing Johnsson doesn't really affect the team. I want to see Korshkov on Matthews wing, he is actually a net front presence that doesn't shy away from the rough stuff.
30 nov. 2019 à 15 h 12
Démarrer sujet
9 out of 10 Reeves hits someone and is now out of position or gets a penalty. I know some love the idea of physical players but what you need is players who drive play and out compete people. Kerfoot wins against Reeves 9 out of 10 times. Plus he can win faceoffs. Johnsson and Kap can't. Kerfoot's ability to play centre makes him too valuable. I think our RW depth takes a dive off a cliff after Kapanen but our LW is deeper with Mikheyev, Moore, Kerfoot, Korshkov, Engval and Marchmont even. So losing Johnsson doesn't really affect the team. I want to see Korshkov on Matthews wing, he is actually a net front presence that doesn't shy away from the rough stuff.

Korshkov plays RW, he’s one of those guys who prefers playing his off wing. I’m really high on that kid too and originally my plan was looking to ship some contracts out to find a spot for him in the top 9. Also you’re really focused on the Reaves kerfoot idea which was born out of kerfoot ended up be odd man out of the lineup but Reaves only has 2 more minutes in penalties than kerfoot this year and has played in 6 more games while having over double the hits more than Muzzin, who leads Leafs in hits. So tell me again who’s more likely to end up in the box
30 nov. 2019 à 16 h 17
Banni
Korshkov plays RW, he’s one of those guys who prefers playing his off wing. I’m really high on that kid too and originally my plan was looking to ship some contracts out to find a spot for him in the top 9. Also you’re really focused on the Reaves kerfoot idea which was born out of kerfoot ended up be odd man out of the lineup but Reaves only has 2 more minutes in penalties than kerfoot this year and has played in 6 more games while having over double the hits more than Muzzin, who leads Leafs in hits. So tell me again who’s more likely to end up in the box

Kerfoot will sort it out, he's just a better player. You don't need a goon anymore
30 nov. 2019 à 18 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Kerfoot will sort it out, he's just a better player. You don't need a goon anymore

Kerfoot’s definitely the better player but him in or out of the lineup doesn’t really make an impact. Reaves would make bigger impact. Reaves in an enforcer, not a goon. I know some players are both but he’s not. Literally every superstar in the history of hockey has said they were more comfortable and better players when they had an enforcer to protect them. Wonder who Matthews and Nylander would rather have watching their back?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage