Forums/Armchair-GM

Thoughts on new lines

Créé par: Isles777
Équipe: 2019-20 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 24 nov. 2019
Publié: 24 nov. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
These lines are made to get the most out of Jordan eberle and Anders Lee. Adding beau to the 1st line (they played extremely well 2 years ago) makes this line a combination of speed, forechecking, and playmaking abilities. I just don’t think Anders lee can keep up with barzal and he doesn’t fit his style of play.

When you put a true playmaker on Lee’s opposite wing (bailey) that’s when he scores a ton of goals. When bailey was put on the 1st line with lee and barzal, lee was a different player.

I don’t really want to break up that 2nd line, but brassard brings the most value on the powerplay anyways, and he’s the 2nd best playmaking wing on the team other than bailey, I think he can still be effective on the 3rd line as long as he’s on the wing.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 448 332 $0 $1 385 000 $7 051 668 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 5
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 5
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
786 666 $786 666 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 3
728 333 $728 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 nov. 2019 à 12 h 43
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,756
I don't hate the lines. I think that they would probably get Lee and Eberle going. But do you really want to tinker with anything while we're on the streak? Injuries forced our hand a few times, sure. But this is pretty significant juggling.
24 nov. 2019 à 12 h 46
LGI
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 439
If it ain't broke don't fix it. As long as we are hot we should keep what we have
24 nov. 2019 à 12 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: joshelkin
I don't hate the lines. I think that they would probably get Lee and Eberle going. But do you really want to tinker with anything while we're on the streak? Injuries forced our hand a few times, sure. But this is pretty significant juggling.

Trotz has been putting lines in a blender a lot during games - he had beau -barzal - eberle out for a bit last night. I trust trotz but this is what I would do , I know were on a point streak but we still lost so I would change up the lines. Just my opinion.
24 nov. 2019 à 12 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: niko
If it ain't broke don't fix it. As long as we are hot we should keep what we have

I agree to an extent - I trust trotz, he always gets the most out of his players. Eventually I would like to see these lines
niko a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2019 à 13 h 5
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
I like em, only thing is is I rly wanna see Dobson in the lineup soon again
24 nov. 2019 à 13 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: AndrewLadd

I’ve given up on adding him in here - once boychuk/mayfield get injured he’ll be a regular
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2019 à 13 h 20
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Isles777
I’ve given up on adding him in here - once boychuk/mayfield get injured he’ll be a regular

Yeah u right, I just think he’s better than Boychuk so I feel like we should j be playing him now
24 nov. 2019 à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Yeah u right, I just think he’s better than Boychuk so I feel like we should j be playing him now

I agree 100% - he brings something that the team doesn’t have. He’s just as good defensively as he is on offense.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2019 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 521

You could argue that, even though Dobson’s not getting the minutes he should, watching the winning streak gives him an opportunity to see how an NHL team establishes a consistent system and turns that into points. I’m sure he’s learning a lot from all this.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2019 à 9 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129

I have a feeling the Isles are going to do everything in their power to have Dobson only play 3 more games the entire season, barring injuries or a trade of course. If they keep him at 9 games played his ELC slides another season and with the CAP situation the Isles are gonna find themselves in, that extra year at ELC price could be beneficial.

As for the lines, these are the lines I've wanted since day one. Last year the Beau-Barzal-Eberle line and the Lee-Nelson-Bailey line really clicked down the stretch. With the way Beau has started out this season, I think it's time we see if he can carry that play to the top line.
25 nov. 2019 à 10 h 30
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
I have a feeling the Isles are going to do everything in their power to have Dobson only play 3 more games the entire season, barring injuries or a trade of course. If they keep him at 9 games played his ELC slides another season and with the CAP situation the Isles are gonna find themselves in, that extra year at ELC price could be beneficial.

As for the lines, these are the lines I've wanted since day one. Last year the Beau-Barzal-Eberle line and the Lee-Nelson-Bailey line really clicked down the stretch. With the way Beau has started out this season, I think it's time we see if he can carry that play to the top line.

Ew that would F up his development tho
25 nov. 2019 à 11 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Isles7

That would be absolutely brutal for his development. I guarantee this has nothing to do with his ELC slide. Sending him back to juniors is bad enough, having him sit in the press box for 73 of the 82 games would set him back. More likely he will play between 35-39 games (under 40 games goes towards service time so isles have an extra year of control)

Within the next 2-3 weeks, one of boychuk/mayfield will go down with an injury. It’s inevitable with their style of play and Dobson will get his shot.
25 nov. 2019 à 11 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Isles7

Yeah there’s a 0 %chance that’s happening.
25 nov. 2019 à 11 h 49

That would be absolutely brutal for his development. I guarantee this has nothing to do with his ELC slide. Sending him back to juniors is bad enough, having him sit in the press box for 73 of the 82 games would set him back. More likely he will play between 35-39 games (under 40 games goes towards service time so isles have an extra year of control)

Within the next 2-3 weeks, one of boychuk/mayfield will go down with an injury. It’s inevitable with their style of play and Dobson will get his shot.

I'm not saying it's a good idea or what I want to happen. But Dobson is playing once every couple of weeks at this point. He's played 6 games through the first 21 and two of those games were only because Leddy was out for two games. Sbisa played 9 games over the course of an entire season 2 years ago when the Isles D was healthy all year, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

They could chalk it up to him not being able to play in the AHL, so they want him to practice as much as possible with the team and sporadically get into game action. Also, think of it this way, 3 more years at ELC price would make Dobson an RFA right when Leddy, Boychuk, Hickey and Ladd's deals all expire (assuming any of them are still here) meaning they'd be able to lock him up long term at that point. Add in the fact that Barzal, Pulock and Toews are probably all going to make more than everyone thought last year, I could see it happen.

Again, not what I want or think is best for him, but to say there is a 0% chance it happens (barring injuries/trades) is a bit ridiculous.
25 nov. 2019 à 12 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Modifié 25 nov. 2019 à 13 h 31
I'm not saying it's a good idea or what I want to happen. But Dobson is playing once every couple of weeks at this point. He's played 6 games through the first 21 and two of those games were only because Leddy was out for two games. Sbisa played 9 games over the course of an entire season 2 years ago when the Isles D was healthy all year, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

They could chalk it up to him not being able to play in the AHL, so they want him to practice as much as possible with the team and sporadically get into game action. Also, think of it this way, 3 more years at ELC price would make Dobson an RFA right when Leddy, Boychuk, Hickey and Ladd's deals all expire (assuming any of them are still here) meaning they'd be able to lock him up long term at that point. Add in the fact that Barzal, Pulock and Toews are probably all going to make more than everyone thought last year, I could see it happen.

Again, not what I want or think is best for him, but to say there is a 0% chance it happens (barring injuries/trades) is a bit ridiculous.

You’re comparing a washed up 7th D to one of the best D prospects in the NHL? Lou lamoriello and Barry trotz are masters at their craft, and they are for sure not putting an ELC slide over the development of a top prospect. The best hockey executives put development first, making moves strictly on an ELC slide is reckless. If you do your research on development of players in their D+2, D+3 seasons, playing in games is crucial for their development. Basically, it would be better served if Dobson was being run into the ground by his junior team than sitting out 73 of 82 games.

Lou lamoriello did not keep Dobson around (for development purposes) only to have him play in 9 games. If he really cared about the ELC slide that much, he would have sent him back to juniors already, which he already says he has no plans to do so (on Sirius radio a few weeks ago). The only reason dobson isn’t playing is because of this insane streak they’re on and no ones playing bad enough to be taken out. This isn’t going to last forever, and Dobson will get more games

There is a 0% chance of it happening, it’s never happened to any top prospect in the last 10 years, and the islanders will not be the first. Isles are getting lucky with their D corps staying healthy/avoiding long term injuries for the most part. Unfortunately that doesn’t last forever and I’m sure one of boychuk/mayfield will suffer an injury that keeps them out 4-6 weeks
25 nov. 2019 à 13 h 48
You’re comparing a washed up 7th D to one of the best D prospects in the NHL? Lou lamoriello and Barry trotz are masters at their craft, and they are for sure not putting an ELC slide over the development of a top prospect. The best hockey executives put development first, making moves strictly on an ELC slide is reckless. If you do your research on development of players in their D+2, D+3 seasons, playing in games is crucial for their development. Basically, it would be better served if Dobson was being run into the ground by his junior team than sitting out 73 of 82 games.

Lou lamoriello did not keep Dobson around (for development purposes) only to have him play in 9 games. If he really cared about the ELC slide that much, he would have sent him back to juniors already, which he already says he has no plans to do so (on Sirius radio a few weeks ago). The only reason dobson isn’t playing is because of this insane streak they’re on and no ones playing bad enough to be taken out. This isn’t going to last forever, and Dobson will get more games

There is a 0% chance of it happening, it’s never happened to any top prospect in the last 10 years, and the islanders will not be the first. Isles are getting lucky with their D corps staying healthy/avoiding long term injuries for the most part. Unfortunately that doesn’t last forever and I’m sure one of boychuk/mayfield will suffer an injury that keeps them out 4-6 weeks

This is funny coming from you, someone who has been criticizing both Lou and Trotz for the roster management ALL SEASON LONG! The thing is this, IF Dobson was AHL eligible they would have sent him to the AHL because our D is stacked right now... the problem is they can't. The next best thing is to have him on the NHL roster learning from NHL players and All-Star coaches on a day to day basis, rather than creating bad habits playing in a league he dominated two years in a row.

It's pretty clear by their use of him they don't want him playing everyday, if you're not going to play him 60-80 games, there is no point in burning an ELC year if you don't need to. In fact, if it wasn't for Leddy being out a couple of games earlier, Dobson is probably only at 3-4 games played instead of 6. And if you don't think an All-Star coach and HOF GM aren't figuring out ways to work the CAP for the next 3 years until some of the big contracts are off the books, knowing they have to pay Barzal, Toews and Pulock next season... then you're an imbecile.

The Sbisa comparison was simply to state that it's something the Isles have done in recent years, have a 7th D play 9 games a season.. not a comparison between Sbisa/Dobson. And I never said they were putting an ELC slide OVER Dobson development. They may feel his development won't be impacted by being a 7th D who practices and trains with the NHL club and plays a handful of NHL games, as much as it would be by him playing a full season in Juniors again and developing bad habits.

Again, I am NOT saying this is what I want them to do or think they should do... simply stating that with the way they are using Dobson, barring injuries/trades I'd be VERY surprised to see him play more than the 9 game maximum to extend is ELC another year.
25 nov. 2019 à 14 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Modifié 25 nov. 2019 à 14 h 11
This is funny coming from you, someone who has been criticizing both Lou and Trotz for the roster management ALL SEASON LONG! The thing is this, IF Dobson was AHL eligible they would have sent him to the AHL because our D is stacked right now... the problem is they can't. The next best thing is to have him on the NHL roster learning from NHL players and All-Star coaches on a day to day basis, rather than creating bad habits playing in a league he dominated two years in a row.

It's pretty clear by their use of him they don't want him playing everyday, if you're not going to play him 60-80 games, there is no point in burning an ELC year if you don't need to. In fact, if it wasn't for Leddy being out a couple of games earlier, Dobson is probably only at 3-4 games played instead of 6. And if you don't think an All-Star coach and HOF GM aren't figuring out ways to work the CAP for the next 3 years until some of the big contracts are off the books, knowing they have to pay Barzal, Toews and Pulock next season... then you're an imbecile.

The Sbisa comparison was simply to state that it's something the Isles have done in recent years, have a 7th D play 9 games a season.. not a comparison between Sbisa/Dobson. And I never said they were putting an ELC slide OVER Dobson development. They may feel his development won't be impacted by being a 7th D who practices and trains with the NHL club and plays a handful of NHL games, as much as it would be by him playing a full season in Juniors again and developing bad habits.

Again, I am NOT saying this is what I want them to do or think they should do... simply stating that with the way they are using Dobson, barring injuries/trades I'd be VERY surprised to see him play more than the 9 game maximum to extend is ELC another year.

I kind of feel bad for you - it’s ok to criticize anyone or have your own opinion on anyone in the NHL (whether that be coaches, GM, players etc) while still acknowledging they are masters of their craft. Man you are soft.

The reason why dobson is being kept in the NHL is because of his own development curve! Yes he would be in the AHL due the amount of NHL caliber Dman on the roster. Yes Dobson is ready to be a regular in the NHL (see above why he isn’t playing). You’re trying to make an argument for an ELC slide at the expense of his development. I’m not for sending him back to juniors because again, it’s not great for his development, but it is 100% more beneficial sending him back to juniors than letting him practice with the team. He needs to play in actual games! Your argument shows you know absolutely nothing about the development of players and you’re showing your ignorance by doubling down on it. Wtf man lol

Service time (less than 40 games) + proper development > ELC slide. This is the most bizarre argument I’ve ever seen on this site.

There’s a reason why the islanders (and every other team) won’t have a skilled player as a 13 F because they’d rather him play in GAMES and know that by just practicing with the team, it doesn’t do much for his development. It’s the same thing with Dobson (with the exception that he can’t play in Bridgeport). Isles organization knows that they can’t sit Dobson for most of the season and Lou lamoriello acknowledged that Dobson will get more playing time as the season goes on (Sirius radio)

I would love to bet you on this , but you won’t do it.
25 nov. 2019 à 14 h 35
I kind of feel bad for you - it’s ok to criticize anyone or have your own opinion on anyone in the NHL (whether that be coaches, GM, players etc) while still acknowledging they are masters of their craft. Man you are soft.

The reason why dobson is being kept in the NHL is because of his own development curve! Yes he would be in the AHL due the amount of NHL caliber Dman on the roster. Yes Dobson is ready to be a regular in the NHL (see above why he isn’t playing). You’re trying to make an argument for an ELC slide at the expense of his development. I’m not for sending him back to juniors because again, it’s not great for his development, but it is 100% more beneficial sending him back to juniors than letting him practice with the team. He needs to play in actual games! Your argument shows you know absolutely nothing about the development of players and you’re showing your ignorance by doubling down on it. Wtf man lol

Service time (less than 40 games) + proper development > ELC slide. This is the most bizarre argument I’ve ever seen on this site.

There’s a reason why the islanders (and every other team) won’t have a skilled player as a 13 F because they’d rather him play in GAMES and know that by just practicing with the team, it doesn’t do much for his development. It’s the same thing with Dobson (with the exception that he can’t play in Bridgeport). Isles organization knows that they can’t sit Dobson for most of the season and Lou lamoriello acknowledged that Dobson will get more playing time as the season goes on (Sirius radio)

I would love to bet you on this , but you won’t do it.

Ok, first off, I'm not arguing that I think it's what the Isles SHOULD do, I'm not even arguing that I think it's something they ARE doing... I simply posited it as a possible idea given the fact that next season and going forward, the Isles are going to be in a CAP situation especially more so now with the way Barzal, Pulock and Toews are all playing this season. Not to mention the breakout season Beau is having and that he will need a new contract as well after next season.

As for you assertion of me doubling down, I simply gave rational reasons for why it's possible the team might do this, again, never said it was what I want them to do or think they should do (in fact I've said the opposite many times). You're the one who took it as gospel and attacked me for having an idea, so, really, who's the soft one here? Can't even fathom an idea that's different from yours, given that you think you know everything and are only on here seeking attention.

And you're right, I'm not going to bet you on this.. because AGAIN, IT'S NOT WHAT I WANT THEM TO DO BUT ONLY A THOUGHT I HAD BASED ON THEIR CURRENT USE OF DOBSON... just in case you had a hard time following simple logic and fundamental reading comprehension... smh.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage