SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Michael Stone's Buyout and subsequent signing.

25 sept. 2019 à 0 h 27
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 20
Was there a change in the CBA? It was my understanding that if a team, Calgary in this case, buys out a player, Michael Stone (August 1, 2019) in this case, then they can not resign that player for a full calendar year, or until August 1, 2020 in this case.

How were they allowed resign him on September 11, 2019? The league did an investigation just last year into the Brooks Orpik trade to Colorado, buyout by Colorado, and then resigning with Washington. The Stone incident is way more obvious. Am I missing something here?
25 sept. 2019 à 9 h 54
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
I read somewhere that was only for the compliance buyouts following the lockout. But I also read that Calgary got permission from the league to re-sign Stone after buying him out because of Valimaki's injury, so I'm not 100% sure.
25 sept. 2019 à 13 h 9
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: Hockeyfan1972
Was there a change in the CBA? It was my understanding that if a team, Calgary in this case, buys out a player, Michael Stone (August 1, 2019) in this case, then they can not resign that player for a full calendar year, or until August 1, 2020 in this case.

How were they allowed resign him on September 11, 2019? The league did an investigation just last year into the Brooks Orpik trade to Colorado, buyout by Colorado, and then resigning with Washington. The Stone incident is way more obvious. Am I missing something here?

rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
25 sept. 2019 à 14 h 42
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
I read somewhere that was only for the compliance buyouts following the lockout. But I also read that Calgary got permission from the league to re-sign Stone after buying him out because of Valimaki's injury, so I'm not 100% sure.

What in the CBA would change anything because of the Valimaki injury? I think it's only the compliance buyouts after the lockout.
25 sept. 2019 à 15 h 4
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What in the CBA would change anything because of the Valimaki injury? I think it's only the compliance buyouts after the lockout.

Nothing would, hence why they would need to ask the league for permission to re-sign Stone after Valimaki got hurt. Again, that's just what I read somewhere so it may or may not be credible.
26 sept. 2019 à 13 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 20

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage