Forums/Armchair-GM

young mans game

Créé par: Eli
Équipe: 2019-20 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 17 sept. 2019
Publié: 17 sept. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I think these came from WPG and Buf fans in comments sections. I didn't like either one on their own very much, but if you put them together, they almost work?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
78 000 000 $
Transactions
WSH
  1. Laine, Patrik [Droits de RFA]
WSH
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (WSH)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de COL
Logo de WSH
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $71 279 295 $1 150 000 $82 500 $10 220 705 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
6 700 000 $6 700 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
G
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 345 000 $2 345 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
Is the team almost as good?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 sept. 2019 à 19 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
As good as Carlson is, he’s not bringing in Laine. Too much of an age gap. Oshie for risto could work but boy that oshie contract is gonna stink one day
Eli a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 19 h 32
Typical Caps Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 346
I have a feeling Laine wants more than 8 no matter the length of the contract. He may end up with a bridge deal in WPG.

And yeah I think the Caps would have to add a bit more since Carlson is several years older.

As much as I love Oshie, if the Caps can get out of the second half of that contract, I think they do it. That contact is going to suck the last few years of it.
Eli a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 19 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Quoting: mhockey91
Oshie for risto could work but boy that oshie contract is gonna stink one day

Quoting: Kylonetic8
As much as I love Oshie, if the Caps can get out of the second half of that contract, I think they do it. That contact is going to suck the last few years of it.

Payment drops each year. He gets a $2M signing bonus in summer '22. If a rebuilding team gets him after it's paid, at 35, they have him as a leader and on-ice coach for three years, at a 5.75 cap hit, but pay him only two thirds of that. He's an Olympic hero, a shootout genius, Cup winner, 30 goal scorer and he's gotten Selke votes. I feel like that and the almost six million dollars of cash-money savings below the salary floor are gonna make old man Oshie fairly easy to move, for whatever team has him, at the time. https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tj-oshie
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
As good as Carlson is, he’s not bringing in Laine. Too much of an age gap.

Quoting: Kylonetic8
I have a feeling Laine wants more than 8 no matter the length of the contract. He may end up with a bridge deal in WPG.

And yeah I think the Caps would have to add a bit more since Carlson is several years older.

How much more, each way? Laine only averages 3 points per year more than Carlson, and he plays forward.
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 10
Quoting: Eli
How much more, each way? Laine only averages 3 points per year more than Carlson, and he plays forward.

If they trade Laine I think they’d want a younger centrepiece of the deal
Eli et Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
If they trade Laine I think they’d want a younger centrepiece of the deal

One Jets fan asked for Orlov + Oshie. ????? I didn't see the Caps wrecking their defense to keep the same number of 30 goal scorers. Then another Jets fan casually added on Vrana, Alexeyev, and a 1st. Never read the comments. smile
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 13
One Jets fan asked for Orlov + Oshie. ????? I didn't see the Caps wrecking their defense to keep the same number of 30 goal scorers. Then another Jets fan casually added on Vrana, Alexeyev, and a 1st. Never read the comments. smile

Lmao wow those are low balls, surprised jets fans said that. Then again there’s some pens fans on here who defend jack Johnson and say he has a little trade value lol
Eli a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Lmao wow those are low balls, surprised jets fans said that. Then again there’s some pens fans on here who defend jack Johnson and say he has a little trade value lol

If not for the cap, he'd totally get you Stephenson!
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 20
Your Fav Dman is Bad
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 207
No matter how bad the back half of Oshie's contract ends up being, I'd rather play him 20 minutes a night for the remainder of his deal than let Ristolainen play a second in a Caps sweater. Risto is hands down one of the worst defensemen in the league who is consistently given top pairing minutes while never once justifying that billing in any one of his six (6!!!!) seasons of NHL hockey. Chandler Stephenson is actually a pretty good analogue for Risto at this point; both are guys who have never proven their worth at 5v5 despite being given every chance to do so, and both are only good at one area of special teams (Risto PP and Stevie PK).

Bottom line: Oshie might be bad in a few years, but Ristolainen has only ever been bad, and trading one for the other would be an unprecedented show of insanity on the part of GMBM.
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 20 h 31
Typical Caps Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 346

Honestly I might do this if I were the WPG GM. Vrana is going to hit 30 goals this year if he continues to develop and stay healthy, without the PP time. Laine only scored 30 goals with a lot of PP time. Vrana scored more even strength goals and points. Vrana is also a better two way player right now. He's a 2 way forward based on some advanced metrics and we obviously know about his superb sniping ability.

You can counter and say that WPG would be potentially giving up an elite goal scorer. That's true and that's a hard call to do, but he isn't that yet. Vrana is a good top 6 two way forward right now and is only a couple years older than Laine.

Not to mention you're also getting a top 4 D prospect and a first round draft pick. It makes your team potentially better all around in a couple years.

Honestly not worth it for the Caps to do.
rootferdukes et Eli a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 21 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Modifié 17 sept. 2019 à 23 h 21
Quoting: rootferdukes
No matter how bad the back half of Oshie's contract ends up being, I'd rather play him 20 minutes a night for the remainder of his deal than let Ristolainen play a second in a Caps sweater. Risto is hands down one of the worst defensemen in the league who is consistently given top pairing minutes while never once justifying that billing in any one of his six (6!!!!) seasons of NHL hockey. Chandler Stephenson is actually a pretty good analogue for Risto at this point; both are guys who have never proven their worth at 5v5 despite being given every chance to do so, and both are only good at one area of special teams (Risto PP and Stevie PK).

Bottom line: Oshie might be bad in a few years, but Ristolainen has only ever been bad, and trading one for the other would be an unprecedented show of insanity on the part of GMBM.

Lol.

edit: Of course you're mostly right. Risto's a career -143, and he would be a really big project. A change of scenes and a new coach who plays him in a bottom four role couldn't possibly make him any worse, though. Might even help out a bit. Karlsson went plus a couple, last year, so guys can change. Carlson is pretty unique in being an effective two way player at 26 minutes a night all year. Risto will never replace him. But as a 3RD behind Jensen and Gudas, he'd only be about $2.5M overpaid. And if he develops chemistry on the power play with Laine, and moves up to the top unit with him, after Ovechkin retires, then it allows the Caps to trade Orlov after two seasons as a #1 defenseman/PP1D, and get back another good player to build around.
17 sept. 2019 à 21 h 37
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Payment drops each year. He gets a $2M signing bonus in summer '22. If a rebuilding team gets him after it's paid, at 35, they have him as a leader and on-ice coach for three years, at a 5.75 cap hit, but pay him only two thirds of that. He's an Olympic hero, a shootout genius, Cup winner, 30 goal scorer and he's gotten Selke votes. I feel like that and the almost six million dollars of cash-money savings below the salary floor are gonna make old man Oshie fairly easy to move, for whatever team has him, at the time. https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tj-oshie

on ice coach? Dude has CTE, captain blink a lot. He'll be on LTIR before that contract ever goes bad most likely
17 sept. 2019 à 23 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535

The salary is irrelevant, the cap hit will suck more each year.
17 sept. 2019 à 23 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Quoting: Yojimbo
The salary is irrelevant, the cap hit will suck more each year.

Uh, Oshie just got 25 goals for the third time in four years. That's a bargain at almost any price.

And he makes less than Mats Zuccarello: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mats-zuccarello

Zuccarello got 25 goals once, but it was in the Norwegian league.
18 sept. 2019 à 0 h 14
Your Fav Dman is Bad
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 207
Of course you're mostly right. Risto's a career -143, and he would be a really big project. A change of scenes and a new coach who plays him in a bottom four role couldn't possibly make him any worse, though.

Say you desperately need to sell a house in the next week or two, and the backyard needs improvement. It'd be a sensible idea to simply mow and weed the lawn and make it look nice, but you'd be certifiably insane if you instead decided to suddenly start digging a hole for an inground pool with your own bare hands, right? Sure, it might be worth exploring if you had room to royally screw up (which is the most likely outcome), but there's simply no way to justify the risk involved in such a, uh, let's say bold undertaking when time is of the essence.

Remember, the big trades don't necessarily do the most for a team. Caps gave STL a bunch of stuff for Shattenkirk, and that ultimately failed. Caps gave CHI a 3rd round pick, and all they got was a previously unknown defenseman and a Stanley Cup.
Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2019 à 8 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Quoting: rootferdukes
Say you desperately need to sell a house in the next week or two, and the backyard needs improvement. It'd be a sensible idea to simply mow and weed the lawn and make it look nice, but you'd be certifiably insane if you instead decided to suddenly start digging a hole for an inground pool with your own bare hands, right? Sure, it might be worth exploring if you had room to royally screw up (which is the most likely outcome), but there's simply no way to justify the risk involved in such a, uh, let's say bold undertaking when time is of the essence.

Remember, the big trades don't necessarily do the most for a team. Caps gave STL a bunch of stuff for Shattenkirk, and that ultimately failed. Caps gave CHI a 3rd round pick, and all they got was a previously unknown defenseman and a Stanley Cup.

Yeah. MacLellan has some kind of a sixth sense to find Kempny on the Hawks' third pair, and see the possibilities for him as an immediate top four guy.

I can see where the risk/reward isn't nearly as great on a guy like Ristolainen who, if they do turn around to a plus player in more sheltered minutes, probably still doesn't live up to his current contract, and then still probably expects a raise when he hits UFA. Risto's big and he hits a lot, but for him to turn into Gudas would be Reirden's greatest coaching success since Matt Niskanen, and Risto already earns a bunch more than Gudas. Probably better to just keep the top power play that works, accept the inevitablity of a rebuild, and maybe still consider peripheral projects at lower price tags, like a Honka or a Puljujarvi. Same reward, just less chance of it happening; no risk. More like Connolly and Smith-Pelly, who also helped MacLellen put the Caps over the top.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage