SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Vancouver Canucks signed Brock Boeser (3 Years / $5,875,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 sept. 2019 à 1 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12
I think this is a reverse "prove it deal". The player wants to see that the club will put a quality team on the ice more than a club wanting to see what the player can do.
drewjenks a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 3 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Modifié 17 sept. 2019 à 3 h 13
Seems like PHI and VAN GMs havent heard about "New Era" thats going on in TML.......

Quoting: pharrow
So much for the "TML just screwed over every other team with Marner's contract" theory.

Dont worry, they will tell you now how we got Stars signed for best of the best possible 5y / 6y ( for double the money while the others are taking League comparbles bridge )
17 sept. 2019 à 5 h 27
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: HabsForEver
Another contract like McAvoy's last year is 7.5 Million so that's what the tendered offer will be to quality him.

I don't understand why Vancouver would do a bridge though, they aren't contending. Might as well lock him up early so it's a favorable contract when they are contending.

Exactly! This deal is NOT really team friendly. $5.875M AAV is about the most expensive bridge deal I can recall. I'm sure they tried, but 8 years would have been ideal. Even 8 x $8.5M probably would've been better and saved them cap space in the long run. Clearly he's a foundational piece and now they'll have to revisit this process again in 3 years. At least Eriksson's deal will be coming off the books then.
17 sept. 2019 à 7 h 3
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I voted yes because there is no way to argue that Boeser won't out perform this value, he will.

This deal is high for a bridge deal based on comparables, but we are seeing a massive change in the market place, so it's hard to argue it isn't fair.

My biggest criticism is that the Canucks aren't a great team, and gave up a 1st round pick to take on a salary that didn't allow them to go longer term. They would have been better served by keeping their first, saving salary space, and trying to get a 7 or 8 year deal rather than push this out for 3 years. They now need to re-sign Boeser a year after Petterson and the same year as Hughes. The deal is good, the strategy seems flawed.

The qualifying offer stuff is getting copied from the Meier deal, but players aren't gaining anything from it. Meier's QO is a number was 167% of his AAV, which is a big increase, and guarantees him a lot of leverage going into his next contract, so it was done so he would accept a lower AAV. These other deals, the bridge seems to be for about fair value, and the qualifying offers are less than 150% of the AAV, so I don't get the point? The players would be better off getting their money sooner in signing bonus, but instead they need to get underpaid in actual dollars for 2 years, and get all salary in year 3. The crappy part from the players point of view, is that it accomplishes nothing. All of these players would be arbitration eligible when their deals expire, and if they wanted to force a one year deal I don't see any way that these guys wouldn't get arbitration awards bigger than these qualifying offers they are building. Honestly, if any of them performs poorly enough that they wouldn't get that type of award, they many not even get qualified.
RawDeal et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
17 sept. 2019 à 7 h 8
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: Laudan
Seems like PHI and VAN GMs havent heard about "New Era" thats going on in TML.......

Dont worry, they will tell you now how we got Stars signed for best of the best possible 5y / 6y ( for double the money while the others are taking League comparbles bridge )

To be fair, this is higher than all of the comparables. It's a bigger cap hit percentage than Kucherov's bridge deal. So I don't think this deal is evidence that the Market isn't shifting.
17 sept. 2019 à 7 h 45
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,866
@ Brayden Point
17 sept. 2019 à 10 h 49
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 176
A good cap hit for a top line winger. Now he just has to prove he can stay healthy and he's in line for a good raise. Vancouver should be able to easily keep him as a lot of bad money (Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel) is off the books in three years.
17 sept. 2019 à 14 h 21
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Great deal for the Canucks.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2019 à 17 h 8
Greatest American
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Who is crying on this deal? It's great.

Nice deal at under 6. They will need to do a 8 year at 64m at least in 3 years though
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
18 sept. 2019 à 18 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Great deal for the Canucks! I figured he was worth about $8M per season term. He is an RFA at the end and will resign when all the bad contracts are gone. Saving $2M a season for 3 years and will get that back next contract.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage