Forums/Armchair-GM

He stay

Créé par: SammyT_51
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 sept. 2019
Publié: 13 sept. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
around 9.5-10.5x6 deal is gonna be done very soon. Matthews would be captain.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2881 500 000 $85 347 199 $0 $0 $-3 847 199 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 4
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 sept. 2019 à 20 h 36
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: LoganOllivier
So all the other RFA's were apparently waiting for Marner to set the market. And now they are all going to take substantially less money why? Why wait for the guy to set the mark, set the mark and then be like, "okay I'll take way less than that marker I was waiting for." They waited all this time for what then?

If that was the case they all would have signed by now.

I think in Rantanen's case, he is saying, "look, I've outscored Marner, for an 8 year deal which I am open too, its going to be 12 at least. It's a new world." That or he's going to get a monster back loaded 3 year deal that will come with a QO over 12 million. Same with Point, if he was going to take a much smaller deal, he would have already. He's much more important to Tampa than Marner is and he's better. For a longer term deal for him, its started ahead of Eichel. Its not being greedy, its understanding the market and these guys are going to be pulling weight on the ice and don't want to wait for big pay days when they are older and looking like they could decline.

Rantenen will get between 10-10.5 million on a 7-8 year term. Book it.
15 sept. 2019 à 20 h 50
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: Isles777
Rantenen will get between 10-10.5 million on a 7-8 year term. Book it.

Or he'll get over 11 on 7-8 year deal. Why would he take less? Listen to every interview about this and players always say they support these other young guys making sure they get theirs. Why would Rantanen take less than Marner? My guess is they had some sort of framework in place for a 7-8 year deal, Rantanen has said he prefers term, but now that Marner has just under 11, Rantanen is getting more for 1 or 2 more years. Its just the math now. Point as well, no tax whatever, 5 year deal is 10+ and its more per year after. TO didn't really overpay as much as it is the Market's evolution. TO just happened to be at the front wave of it. Do you think Pastrnak doesn't wish he waited to get term? He could be entering year 3 of a bridge and looking at 10+. All of them are going to see it and thats just the world we live in.

Even on a shorter term, these guys are going to want pretty high value. So for Point, maybe something like 8 million for 2-3 years with a higher last year. Rantanen something similar for a 2-3 year deal.
15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 6
Isles7
Or he'll get over 11 on 7-8 year deal. Why would he take less? Listen to every interview about this and players always say they support these other young guys making sure they get theirs. Why would Rantanen take less than Marner? My guess is they had some sort of framework in place for a 7-8 year deal, Rantanen has said he prefers term, but now that Marner has just under 11, Rantanen is getting more for 1 or 2 more years. Its just the math now. Point as well, no tax whatever, 5 year deal is 10+ and its more per year after. TO didn't really overpay as much as it is the Market's evolution. TO just happened to be at the front wave of it. Do you think Pastrnak doesn't wish he waited to get term? He could be entering year 3 of a bridge and looking at 10+. All of them are going to see it and thats just the world we live in.

Even on a shorter term, these guys are going to want pretty high value. So for Point, maybe something like 8 million for 2-3 years with a higher last year. Rantanen something similar for a 2-3 year deal.

Most fans/media believe marner contract is a pretty big overpay and is an outlier.

I think Sakic will be able to sell rantenen on taking slightly less money for the benefit of the team - I’m sure he’ll use Mackinnon making half of his market value as a selling point. I’m very confident he’ll make less than 11 mill on a 7-8 year term. We’ll find out soon enough.
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 9
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Most fans/media believe marner contract is a pretty big overpay and is an outlier.

I think Sakic will be able to sell rantenen on taking slightly less money for the benefit of the team - I’m sure he’ll use Mackinnon making half of his market value as a selling point. I’m very confident he’ll make less than 11 mill on a 7-8 year term. We’ll find out soon enough.

This is hilariously optimistic.
15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
Modifié 15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 20
So all the other RFA's were apparently waiting for Marner to set the market. And now they are all going to take substantially less money why? Why wait for the guy to set the mark, set the mark and then be like, "okay I'll take way less than that marker I was waiting for." They waited all this time for what then?

If that was the case they all would have signed by now.

I think in Rantanen's case, he is saying, "look, I've outscored Marner, for an 8 year deal which I am open too, its going to be 12 at least. It's a new world." That or he's going to get a monster back loaded 3 year deal that will come with a QO over 12 million. Same with Point, if he was going to take a much smaller deal, he would have already. He's much more important to Tampa than Marner is and he's better. For a longer term deal for him, its started ahead of Eichel. Its not being greedy, its understanding the market and these guys are going to be pulling weight on the ice and don't want to wait for big pay days when they are older and looking like they could decline.

Of course all the other rfas were waiting on Marner. But just because he got a crazy over pay and the others will want the same, doesn't mean they're going to get it. Something about getting blood from a stone... that kinda money just isn't there for those guys, or at least it isnt without the GMs either gutting their team to accomodate it or wrecking their cap structure.

I'm sticking with my take that Dubas over paid Mitch the way he did in order to end the madness. And I think he did that because it was the lesser of two evils.. i.e over pay him like crazy or deal with the ongoing insanity of Dreger, Ferris, all the Paul's and a fan base that was very quickly turning on Mitch in a way that was swinging Marner's manufactured narrative towards one that was painting him as an entitled problem player.

I actually think that what Dubas did was an attempt to manage the value of the asset (Mitch) while stabilizing the team dynamic I.e. the last thing the leafs need this year would be the distraction and media chaos that would have come from this thing dragging out any longer.

Marner got his crazy over pay because of the Toronto context and because of the ridiculous way his camp approached negotiations. I don't see the other rfas willing to adopt Marner's tactics and they don't play in the Toronto market.. meaning, that there won't be the 24/7 media knucklehead nonsense that we have and I doubt that the fan base in Colorado or Tampa is as rabid or obsessive as leaf nation.

The rfas can threaten to sit out until they get the Marner deal, but I doubt that they will. My take is that they all come in on reasonable deals under 10M aav with similar term to Marners deal. The only guy I could see sitting out to try to force a higher contract is Tkachuk . He comes from hockey royalty and doesn't need the money at all..

Anyways, that's my take, Logan. I could be wrong, it happens at the time. But I just can't see, say Sakic, giving his rfa Marner money, just because that's what Rantanen thinks is fair. I'd imagine that Sakic would let him sit before he signs him to a Marner deal, because he can. Hes not in Toronto...Dreger wont be stirring up drama nonstop and I doubt the Avs fanbase would go bananas about it either .
15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 14
Isles7
This is hilariously optimistic.

I did say marner will get 11 x 6 two days before he signed and I was just called a “leaf hater” ? . Marner was using his own teammates as a comparable - dubas also used the “we can and we will” statement last year which gave the RFAs leverage.
15 sept. 2019 à 21 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
I did say marner will get 11 x 6 two days before he signed and I was just called a “leaf hater” ? . Marner was using his own teammates as a comparable - dubas also used the “we can and we will” statement last year which gave the RFAs leverage.

I'm not sure if the "we can and we will" statement created any leverage for Mitch. Dubas did deliver on that and the fact that he has them all for at least 5 yrs is pretty impressive to me.

I think what really won the day for Marner was the way his camp viewed the kid, the tactics they used and how far they were willing to take things. I tend to think that their view is delusional and that whatever extra coin they got because of it really wasnt worth it given the hit that his rep took. But hey, to each their own.

Ultimately though what are you going to do? You can't argue, or negotiate, with crazy.
Isles777 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage