SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Rangers signed Brendan Lemieux (1 Year / $925,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 sept. 2019 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
Quoting: Brian2016
No contract is even close to 20% of the cap. Try building a competitive team with 2-3 players eating up half the cap. That's where the league is headed. And that's the point of what I was trying to say.

If no contract is "close" to 20%, then how exactly is that where the league is headed? I don't get what you are trying to say. If GMs were handing out max contract deals, then I'd perhaps understand what you are trying to say.

The fact of the matter is, the rule you were hoping for does exist and only 1 GM has handed out a contract that large- and it was in 2006.
13 sept. 2019 à 13 h 17
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: worldwidesensei
If no contract is "close" to 20%, then how exactly is that where the league is headed? I don't get what you are trying to say. If GMs were handing out max contract deals, then I'd perhaps understand what you are trying to say.

The fact of the matter is, the rule you were hoping for does exist and only 1 GM has handed out a contract that large- and it was in 2006.

I said the league is trending in this direction. RFA's have never, at any point in history, been this highly compensated relative to the cap. TOR will have 4 players (3 RFA's) eating up half their cap. None of the teams that have won the Cup have done so with this formula. Look at the salary structures of WASH, PIT, CHI, LAK, BOS, STL, etc...The trend with current RFA's illustrates this problem. GM's know how difficult it'll be to win while marginalizing role players.

Teams need depth to win; You can't win w/ one or two lines in the playoffs. I think it would benefit the players overall to have additional structures in place to guard against runaway contracts. I realize this might sound a little contrary to the free market, but clearly balanced teams are better teams.

Maybe max contracts should be reduced to 10% of the cap and 6 year max for UFA's.
13 sept. 2019 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12
It's only 1 year, but it could be a steal for that year. He needs to clean up a bit, but he could be a 15-20 goal scorer, if he stays out of trouble, and stays disciplined.
13 sept. 2019 à 18 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Good contract for Lemieux to prove himself with.
13 sept. 2019 à 19 h 26
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Yes like when he yaps at other players and acts like they are beneath him and throws his "actual wallet" at people because he's bragging about having cash. He just needs to grow up and behave like a Professional whenever and wherever he his. He's a talented player who's young so lets not trash him too much but holding him accountable is another thing and he should welcome that.
ah. so, that is to say, this is your opinion that appears to be based on zero facts at all, given that you provided zero credible evidence to back up your claim.

casual libel is unbecoming of you.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage