SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Jake Gardiner (4 Years / $4,050,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 32
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: ON3M4N
upset? I'm legit laughing at my desk right now as I read your replies tears of joy

not mad, actually laughing. the whole office is laughing with me.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 35
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Oh sure a solid hockey team and probably a playoff team, but that's a different discussion. People are saying this d-core is "legendary" and the "best d-core in the league" and I just don't see it.

People put way, way too much emphasis on point totals! That's the problem. I still think NSH, SJS, and CGY are better and I think I can make a case for DAL, too.
ON3M4N a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Quoting: Brian2016
People put way, way too much emphasis on point totals! That's the problem. I still think NSH, SJS, and CGY are better and I think I can make a case for DAL, too.

I would agree with all of this, outside of the DAL part.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 45
Quoting: mondo
not mad, actually laughing. the whole office is laughing with me.

Who said you were mad? I know I didn't lol. All you've tried to do this whole time is insult me (which you've failed miserably at), instead of trying to discuss why I'm wrong. Meanwhile I've been able to have a nice civil conversation with @Brian2016 on the topic.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 1
Who said you were mad? I know I didn't lol. All you've tried to do this whole time is insult me (which you've failed miserably at), instead of trying to discuss why I'm wrong. Meanwhile I've been able to have a nice civil conversation with @Brian2016 on the topic.

"We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore"

-Independence Day
ON3M4N a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 2
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: I_Know_Nothing_About_Hockey_Or_Any_Sport2
Defense can’t save you in a shootout.

yes it can. https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/video/slavins-slick-shootout-tally/t-277437094/c-53276903
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 35
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
LOL you think Gardiner is going to stop people from scoring? As a Bruins fan I'm sad we can't exploit is piss poor defense more frequently.

Which one do you mean, Gardiner's or Canes' defense?
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,450
Quoting: SevenLeg
Best D-Core in the league. Unbelievable. This probably means that Faulk is gone tho

On paper. Let them play first.
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Where were you chevy. Where??
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 44
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Look at that defence lol ... Faulk is gone.
6 sept. 2019 à 16 h 45
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I'm surprised how uneven the votes are ... I voted yes but it is questionable.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 18 h 0
Nazaleaf
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
I'm really pissed.

And sad..
6 sept. 2019 à 21 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Good contract as long as Gardiner's body holds up. I term is risky, but great AAV
6 sept. 2019 à 21 h 55
torontos finest

my post was referring to you.

glad you're having a nice civil conversation though.

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm surprised how uneven the votes are ... I voted yes but it is questionable.

despite his ability to make nonsensical mistakes at the worst time, gardiner is a great player. he should be getting 2 million more on this deal.
thelastlongbow a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2019 à 3 h 11
my post was referring to you.

glad you're having a nice civil conversation though.

despite his ability to make nonsensical mistakes at the worst time, gardiner is a great player. he should be getting 2 million more on this deal.

When he wasn't signed by mid-July the number of teams that still had the available cap space was greatly reduced. He probably could've gotten at least $5 AAV if he'd signed on July 1st. The injury and poor clutch performances certainly didn't help, but the market simply dried up. Bad agent?
7 sept. 2019 à 3 h 27
Quoting: arafay
Where were you chevy. Where??

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Look at that defence lol ... Faulk is gone.

How about Faulk to Winnipeg for Perreault straight up? Would that be enough for Carolina? Maybe Faulk to EDM for Puljujarvi plus a pick and/or prospect and CAR retains salary to make the numbers work?
7 sept. 2019 à 7 h 31
bud my post was mocking you about how you're at your desk laughing. when someone says their "not mad, actually laughing" that someone on capfriendly dot com pointed out their not a member of their favorite hockey team, they're upset about it.

This keeps getting better and better lol. You really think your comment got me mad? Not even close lol. Here's the real story...

-Your a Toronto fans and think Gardiner is a great player

-I upset you because I pointed out his piss poor defense

-Because you cant denfed his defense you just try and take a shot using a weak, old and pathetic comeback

-from there you still cant defend him and instead keep trying to throw insults (again very poorly...almost like Gardiners defense)

At no point was I ever mad and I truly did laugh at my desk. You're more than welcome to think what you want, but I couldn't care less at this point. See it's people like you that ruin sites like CF and HF because you act like a child when someone says something you don't like.

With that I'm done. I'm going to do the same thing I do with all the other useless posters on here and add you to the ignore list (greatest feature of CF). cheers
7 sept. 2019 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8
I like this deal. 4.05 x 4 is a STEAL of a contract for Jake Gardiner. He can put up 40-50 points and is a Corsi God, although he does try things in his own zone that make you want to gouge your eyes out. The problem is he may need back surgery going into the season, which means a HUGE RISK.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2019 à 8 h 44
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8
This keeps getting better and better lol. You really think your comment got me mad? Not even close lol. Here's the real story...

-Your a Toronto fans and think Gardiner is a great player

-I upset you because I pointed out his piss poor defense

-Because you cant denfed his defense you just try and take a shot using a weak, old and pathetic comeback

-from there you still cant defend him and instead keep trying to throw insults (again very poorly...almost like Gardiners defense)

At no point was I ever mad and I truly did laugh at my desk. You're more than welcome to think what you want, but I couldn't care less at this point. See it's people like you that ruin sites like CF and HF because you act like a child when someone says something you don't like.

With that I'm done. I'm going to do the same thing I do with all the other useless posters on here and add you to the ignore list (greatest feature of CF). cheers

Gardiners Corsi is amazing what are you on?
7 sept. 2019 à 9 h 18
Quoting: LeafsHaveNoCapSpace
Gardiners Corsi is amazing what are you on?

Sorry, but I don't get excited about Corsi like others. What I do know is that when the games matter (the playoffs) Gardiner is a no show and Boston has exploited his poor defensive play the last two years.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2019 à 9 h 27
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
I thought he was looking for $6M+? What happened? Injury concerns? TOR could've kept him this whole time. Myers signed for $6M for 6 years, right? WTF...This seems too good to be true for Carolina.

Yep, he was looking for 6m. Might have been his one time injury last season that teams were leery of in July. But really teams have spent all their cap. Gardiner was left with very few options. Just the like the RFAs, might be just two teams that have the cap to make the offer sheet, so the RFAs have little leverage, except to without their services.
OldNYIfan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2019 à 11 h 55
torontos finest
When he wasn't signed by mid-July the number of teams that still had the available cap space was greatly reduced. He probably could've gotten at least $5 AAV if he'd signed on July 1st. The injury and poor clutch performances certainly didn't help, but the market simply dried up. Bad agent?

yeah he waited when he really shouldn't have.

This keeps getting better and better lol. You really think your comment got me mad? Not even close lol.

gonna show how not mad i am by going on a rant and blocking you.
7 sept. 2019 à 13 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
How about Faulk to Winnipeg for Perreault straight up? Would that be enough for Carolina? Maybe Faulk to EDM for Puljujarvi plus a pick and/or prospect and CAR retains salary to make the numbers work?

Edmonton doesnt have the cap space for Faulk. Such a trade would require Carolina, or a 3rd team, to take a contract like Russel and/or Benning. But then they are likely going to have to give up even more picks/prospects. All for Faulk? Someone Carolina doesnt think is good enough for them? Not worth it.
7 sept. 2019 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384

No way straight up for car. They say no. Perreault doesn’t hold too much value. Maybe perreault, a b+ prospect and a 2nd could do it?. Even then I would like to see what we have in our d-corps in WPG before upgrading.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2019 à 22 h 43
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
IDK if I'd say "defensively" lol. Again Gardiner isn't good in his own end. I don't think Hamilton is good in his own end and goes invisible during the playoffs (when it matters). Faulk (if he stays around) is another guy that isn't very good in his own end. So half the defense is suspect in their own end. Put it this way, if the playoffs started today and the team I cheer for (can't say "my team" or @mondo will ask me when I purchased it) was going up against CAR....I'm not wondering how were going to beat the defense and their goaltending sure as hell isn't going to bail them out.

Hey buddy, just chill out! grimace
Everyone, who watches a lot of hockey here knows, that Gardiner's have some leaks in the defensive part of his game nod
If somebody thinks the opposite, you can't ever convince him wink
The contract is still good though, no question about that. If they sign him for 6 million $, i would vote no. But for 4 million $, it's a good contract.

Anyways, i have a legit question to you:

What's your honest opinion on the Tampa Bay Lightning defense next year?
Come playoff time, will you be wondering a little bit about how you going to beat our D? I need an outsider opinion, cause im way too biased...(i already put my team in the cup finals, before season started... hahaha happy ...)
We play a lot vs your team over the years, so you must have an idea how it feels to play vs our defense cool

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage