SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Jake Gardiner (4 Years / $4,050,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 sept. 2019 à 13 h 51
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Modifié 6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 21
Fantastic contract. Gards is a textbook Corsi boy.
Under market value in AAV and for only 4 years (the end of his prime)?!?!

I've always had a soft spot for the Canes but this just reinforces it. Fantastic work.
Don't believe the haters on Gards. His offense is great and his defence (while he doesn't add much in particular) is not a liability. You are going to love him.

Also what idiot said this was a bad deal?
thelastlongbow et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 13 h 52
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,023
Quoting: hanson493
gards isnt necessarily a shutdown dman. but this fills a HUGE hole they had from PP aspect instead of dougie just letting loose clappers from the top of the circle.

It was Faulk letting clappers loose from the edge of the circle, Dougie is a better PP guy than Gardiner anyway
6 sept. 2019 à 13 h 53
Just Keep Swimming
Mentions "j'aime": 5,572
Quoting: mondo
can't lose if the other team can't score

I think Brodeur said that once...
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 26
I hate Marner for being a greedy f*** and Kyle Dubas for the Leafs not taking this contract immediately!!!! F***!!!!!!!!!
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Called it. Gardiner got 100k less than I expected but the contract length is the same.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Seattle will love it when it's their turn to pick from CAR
Khalenix, Brian2016 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 4
PhoneyAnteater
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
Looks like he wanted to go to a small market....... like, realllllyyyyy small.
SpaghettiPasta et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 10
LeafsFutures
Mentions "j'aime": 33
He probably would have signed with the leafs if marner had signed. Dubas choosing Ceci > Gardiner - 0.45 mil in cap space???
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
can't lose if the other team can't score

LOL you think Gardiner is going to stop people from scoring? As a Bruins fan I'm sad we can't exploit is piss poor defense more frequently.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 12
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,184
Quoting: ON3M4N
LOL you think Gardiner is going to stop people from scoring? As a Bruins fan I'm sad we can't exploit is piss poor defense more frequently.

"we"

didn't know you were a member of the bruins
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 18
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 22
You know, when the Poll asks "Was this a good signing?" is it from the perspective of the team or the player?

Absolute highway robbery for the team. Utter trash for the player. Fire your agent, Jake.
Brian2016 et ALitteral a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 29
"we"

didn't know you were a member of the bruins

BAHAHA that's really where you want to take it? Don't try and defend Gardiner and his defense, nope just go to the old and pathetic "didn't know you played for the team" comment.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 37
Suzukis bathwater
Mentions "j'aime": 213
Quoting: SevenLeg
Best D-Core in the league. Unbelievable. This probably means that Faulk is gone tho

Faulk in a package to WPG for Laine? Including Svechnikov?
vmark et F3ruS a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 44
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Pretty shocked that he signed for four years at that cap hit. Glad it wasn't Montreal.

I thought he was looking for $6M+? What happened? Injury concerns? TOR could've kept him this whole time. Myers signed for $6M for 6 years, right? WTF...This seems too good to be true for Carolina.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 47
Quoting: HawaiianPig
You know, when the Poll asks "Was this a good signing?" is it from the perspective of the team or the player?

Absolute highway robbery for the team. Utter trash for the player. Fire your agent, Jake.

Yeah, you really have to wonder why there was such a huge gap between what he was asking for and what teams were offering. Media was saying minimum of 6X6.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 50
Quoting: Khalenix
Faulk in a package to WPG for Laine? Including Svechnikov?

Very interesting! But I think CAR would need to throw in a conditional draft pick. Laine is a potential perennial Rocket Richard Trophy winner. Let's say, for the sake of the argument, CAR sends WPG a 1st rounder if Laine scores 40+ goals...or something along those lines.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 52
BAHAHA that's really where you want to take it? Don't try and defend Gardiner and his defense, nope just go to the old and pathetic "didn't know you played for the team" comment.

He's gonna see much more favorable defensive matchups w/ the Canes. He was often left unprotected w/ the Leafs. CAR is much, much better defensively than TOR.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 14 h 56
When was the last time Carolina spent to the cap ceiling? Highest payroll in team history! OTT take note: This is how you manage a small market hockey team in a cap league! Build through the draft and trades and add a couple of well timed UFA's when ready to compete. Well done.
thelastlongbow et JonJon a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 2
Quoting: Brian2016
He's gonna see much more favorable defensive matchups w/ the Canes. He was often left unprotected w/ the Leafs. CAR is much, much better defensively than TOR.

Honestly (and I'll get crucified for this because it goes against the popular opinion)...the CAR defense outside of Slavin & Pesce is vastly overrated.
Brian2016 et HonestHockeyNYI a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 12
Honestly (and I'll get crucified for this because it goes against the popular opinion)...the CAR defense outside of Slavin & Pesce is vastly overrated.

They need Haydn Fleury to start producing. He was a top 10 pick a few years back and he's been a big disappointment so far. They scored big w/ Slavin by signing him long term for at least $2M under fair market value. I don't disagree entirely, but they're a pretty solid defensive team top to bottom. Their forwards are mostly responsible defensive players.
ON3M4N a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 22
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,184

sorry i'm not getting all hot and bothered over a joke like you are
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 24
They need Haydn Fleury to start producing. He was a top 10 pick a few years back and he's been a big disappointment so far. They scored big w/ Slavin by signing him long term for at least $2M under fair market value. I don't disagree entirely, but they're a pretty solid defensive team top to bottom. Their forwards are mostly responsible defensive players.

IDK if I'd say "defensively" lol. Again Gardiner isn't good in his own end. I don't think Hamilton is good in his own end and goes invisible during the playoffs (when it matters). Faulk (if he stays around) is another guy that isn't very good in his own end. So half the defense is suspect in their own end. Put it this way, if the playoffs started today and the team I cheer for (can't say "my team" or @mondo will ask me when I purchased it) was going up against CAR....I'm not wondering how were going to beat the defense and their goaltending sure as hell isn't going to bail them out.
Brian2016 et rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 28
IDK if I'd say "defensively" lol. Again Gardiner isn't good in his own end. I don't think Hamilton is good in his own end and goes invisible during the playoffs (when it matters). Faulk (if he stays around) is another guy that isn't very good in his own end. So half the defense is suspect in their own end. Put it this way, if the playoffs started today and the team I cheer for (can't say "my team" or @mondo will ask me when I purchased it) was going up against CAR....I'm not wondering how were going to beat the defense and their goaltending sure as hell isn't going to bail them out.

I do believe they're a playoff team right now. They should be top 4 in the Metro with their current roster. I think their goaltending is a little suspect and I also don't trust the aforementioned D's you discussed. But they're a solid hockey team.
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 28
i think you need to log off, man. you're getting far too upset.

upset? I'm legit laughing at my desk right now as I read your replies tears of joy
6 sept. 2019 à 15 h 30
I do believe they're a playoff team right now. They should be top 4 in the Metro with their current roster. I think their goaltending is a little suspect and I also don't trust the aforementioned D's you discussed. But they're a solid hockey team.

Oh sure a solid hockey team and probably a playoff team, but that's a different discussion. People are saying this d-core is "legendary" and the "best d-core in the league" and I just don't see it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage