Forums/Armchair-GM

Bark off

Créé par: Eli
Équipe: 2019-20 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 24 août 2019
Publié: 24 août 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What did the doberman say to the Kuznetsov trade rumors?
Transactions
WSH
  1. Barkov, Aleksander
Détails additionnels:
I think these two guys are even. Barkov is allegedly better defensively (the numbers I've looked at are even). Kuznetsov scores a few more points sometimes. Especially in the playoffs.
FLA
  1. Copley, Pheonix
  2. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
  3. Stephenson, Chandler
Détails additionnels:
Florida could use an experienced backup goalie. Copley finished tied for 36th in wins, last year, with Jonathan Quick, Carter Hart, and the ghost of Cam Ward. So he's a decent backup. The Caps have good goalie prospects. They can afford to move him. If Kuznetsov's value is a little low this week, hopefully this makes up the diffference. I also threw in a checking wing who kills a ton of penalties, to help make up for one of Barkov's strengths. The Caps are still giving up three years of term, here, so I think this is as sweet as the pot gets.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de COL
Logo de WSH
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $73 415 962 $1 150 000 $102 500 $8 084 038 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 700 000 $6 700 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
C
UFA - 3
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 345 000 $2 345 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
716 667 $716 667 $
G
UFA - 3
720 000 $720 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
D
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 août 2019 à 19 h 18
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 702
You’re gonna have to add Carlson to get the panthers to answer the phone. Barkov is much better player and 4 years younger
aedoran et Zwui21 a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 19 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Quoting: Hockey91
You’re gonna have to add Carlson to get the panthers to answer the phone. Barkov is much better player and 4 years younger

Kuznetsov is one of three active players with a thirty point postseason. The last time there was an active player, under thirty, with a 30 point postseason, the Panthers traded Ed Jovanovski for him.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=19171918&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=3&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

But if you're sure Florida's okay, then it sounds like Kuznetsov is staying in Washington.
24 août 2019 à 19 h 26
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
“Allegedly better defensively”

This better be a joke post. If the Panthers got this, they’d counter with Connolly for Ovechkin. There is no one in the Capitals organization the Panthers would ever consider trading for Barkov.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Modifié 24 août 2019 à 19 h 34
Quoting: EthanK24
“Allegedly better defensively”

This better be a joke post. If the Panthers got this, they’d counter with Connolly for Ovechkin. There is no one in the Capitals organization the Panthers would ever consider trading for Barkov.

Okay. Then Kuznetsov isn't going anywhere. Have a wonderful day.

I will say Barkov plays bigger mintues and kills a ton of penalties, and that's why I added in Chandler Stephenson, who's also pretty good at faceoffs, and has the speed to check some pretty good players. But after four hundred games apiece, Kuznetsov's plus/minus is twice as good. Must be all those years playing with defensive aces like Burakovsky and Ovechkin. smile
24 août 2019 à 19 h 34
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: Eli
Kuznetsov is one of three active players with a thirty point postseason. The last time there was an active player, under thirty, with a 30 point postseason, the Panthers traded Ed Jovanovski for him.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=19171918&seasonTo=20182019&gameType=3&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

But if you're sure Florida's okay, then it sounds like Kuznetsov is staying in Washington.

With that logic, TB should trade Steven Stamkos in exchange to Justin Williams because his performance in the playoffs were better.

Barkov's TOP3 2-way player in the league, TOP5 C with a 96-point season under him in a worse team than WSH and also only 23 years old.

Kuznetsov's barely a TOP15 C, possibly not even that, under a 72 point season in a better team and just got caught from using cocaine during a national competition.

Despite Kuznetsov had a terrific playoff run a year ago, his current value isn't even a half of what Barkov's value is.

Just look at these charts from last 3 years. According to them, there's not a single part of the game where Kuznetsov edges Barkov.

ECxbTraXsAQxs3v?format=png&name=medium
UpsideDownQue, aedoran et Zwui21 a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 19 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Quoting: BurgerBoss
With that logic, TB should trade Steven Stamkos in exchange to Justin Williams because his performance in the playoffs were better.

Barkov's TOP3 2-way player in the league, TOP5 C with a 96-point season under him in a worse team than WSH and also only 23 years old.

Kuznetsov's barely a TOP15 C, possibly not even that, under a 72 point season in a better team and just got caught from using cocaine during a national competition.

Despite Kuznetsov had a terrific playoff run a year ago, his current value isn't even a half of what Barkov's value is.

Just look at these charts from last 3 years. According to them, there's not a single part of the game where Kuznetsov edges Barkov.

ECxbTraXsAQxs3v?format=png&name=medium

Usually if one guy leads his team by a ton of points, it seems like he did more of the work, because he was probably double-covered, so Stamkos getting 18 points in the 2015 playoffs is just as impressive as Justin WIlliams getting 25 in '14, when Kopitar and Carter got just as many. Similarly, I know Kuznetsov played with Ovechkin, but he also had to carry someone most of this board insisted was a fourth line right wing on any good team, on that line.

I'm more impressed that Barkov was tenth in the league in points last year than that he got a ninety point season when his linemate had four fewer points, in a year that produced three times as many ninety point seasons (14) as the previous ten year average (4.6).

My main point is the Caps aren't giving Kuznetsov away, while he's going through some hard times. They have five other centers on their roster and they'll give him a sweater as soon as he's ready.

If my value on the above trade is off by a pick or something, it really doesn't change that.
24 août 2019 à 20 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 702
Usually if one guy leads his team by a ton of points, it seems like he did more of the work, because he was probably double-covered, so Stamkos getting 18 points in the 2015 playoffs is just as impressive as Justin WIlliams getting 25 in '14, when Kopitar and Carter got just as many. Similarly, I know Kuznetsov played with Ovechkin, but he also had to carry someone most of this board insisted was a fourth line right wing on any good team, on that line.

I'm more impressed that Barkov was tenth in the league in points last year than that he got a ninety point season when his linemate had four fewer points, in a year that produced three times as many ninety point seasons (14) as the previous ten year average (4.6).

My main point is the Caps aren't giving Kuznetsov away, while he's going through some hard times. They have five other centers on their roster and they'll give him a sweater as soon as he's ready.

If my value on the above trade is off by a pick or something, it really doesn't change that.

Well the panthers are giving away barkov. Stephenson is a3rd liner tops. And Copley is a back up and will never be anything but. It’s like trading McDavid for Matthews. Both good players but one is way above the other regardless who of they play with.
UpsideDownQue, aedoran, AFriendCalledFive and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 20 h 42
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
Lots of coke in Miami, probably not good for his recovery.
Eli, AFriendCalledFive et Kylonetic8 a aimé ceci.
24 août 2019 à 21 h 9
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Okay. Then Kuznetsov isn't going anywhere. Have a wonderful day.

I will say Barkov plays bigger mintues and kills a ton of penalties, and that's why I added in Chandler Stephenson, who's also pretty good at faceoffs, and has the speed to check some pretty good players. But after four hundred games apiece, Kuznetsov's plus/minus is twice as good. Must be all those years playing with defensive aces like Burakovsky and Ovechkin. smile

I'm gonna keep saying this until the hockey world wakes up and takes note: plus/minus is the worst indicator of an individual player's ability, talent or effort. It relies too heavily on teammates. I am sure we will all agree that Backstrom is one of the best players on the team but according to +/- last year he was the 19th best Cap.
Eli a aimé ceci.
25 août 2019 à 10 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Who adds what?
Quoting: AFriendCalledFive
I'm gonna keep saying this until the hockey world wakes up and takes note: plus/minus is the worst indicator of an individual player's ability, talent or effort. It relies too heavily on teammates. I am sure we will all agree that Backstrom is one of the best players on the team but according to +/- last year he was the 19th best Cap.

Yes. Good point. Just as importantly: addiction is a treatable mental illness, caused by drugs and often cured by other drugs. Countries where addiction is treated for free don't have wars on drugs, so they don't have to pay to militarize their police forces, and neither their populations nor their police forces are as likely to get shot as we are. Cocaine mimics a natural chemical signal for happiness, and may be used to self-medicate for depression. Safer antidepressants are legally available, and I'm optimistic that Kuznetsov can get on one of those, and talk with doctors who specialize in addiction about how to take better care of himself.

If that involves finding a science-based rehab facility and taking a vacation there, then I'm sure as hockey fans we'll wish him a speedy recovery, and as Caps fans we'll enjoy seeing Ovechkin play with Backstrom again. Or maybe one of the other three centers on the roster, to spread out the offense. Or McMichael for nine or ten games. Or Gersich as an injury call-up. Whatever. Drop the puck.
26 août 2019 à 7 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
I will say Barkov plays bigger mintues and kills a ton of penalties, and that's why I added in Chandler Stephenson

Your logic always makes me lol.

But after four hundred games apiece, Kuznetsov's plus/minus is twice as good.

What is the difference between Was/Fla +/- over that time? +/- isn't a very good rate of a player.

Quoting: EthanK24
If the Panthers got this, they’d counter with Connolly for Ovechkin.

Quoting: BurgerBoss

... but they also get a backup goalie... who had the same amount of wins as "the ghost of Cam Ward".
justaBoss et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
26 août 2019 à 8 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Lol Barkov is one of the best players in the game, this silly offer ain't gonna cut it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage