Forums/Armchair-GM

Laine

Créé par: Caniac2000
Équipe: 2019-20 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 19 août 2019
Publié: 19 août 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If you can't beat them join them. This is a somewhat realistic deal from a Carolina perspective. What do you think?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
28 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 000 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Laine, Patrik [Droits de RFA]
WPG
  1. Gauthier, Julien
  2. Honka, Anttoni [Liste de réserve]
  3. Kuokkanen, Janne
  4. McGinn, Brock
  5. McKeown, Roland [Droits de RFA]
  6. Necas, Martin
  7. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (TOR)
  8. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
qUaNtItY OvEr QuAlItY

Necas and Gautheir were first round picks, Necas is well known, Gauthier has a THUMPING shot. Kuokkanen was a 2nd round pick who was a point per game in Charlotte until he suffered a bad injury that ended his season. McGinn is partially for cap reasons and partly because Winnipeg are gonna need to fill that roster spot. Honka and McKeown are quality RHD men, with Honka being a 2nd rounder in this past draft.
CAR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (CBJ)
CBJ
  1. Reimer, James
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (CAR)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de NYR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $80 646 500 $0 $2 670 000 $853 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
8 454 000 $8 454 000 $
C
UFA - 5
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
746 667 $746 667 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 août 2019 à 16 h 51
Daryl
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 85
The jets are trying to win the Stanley cup, not the Calder cup. The fact that you have to provide rationale on all of these players sums up the trade for itself.
Howyoudrouinnn et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 163
This trade COULD WORK!

If Winnipeg drops to the AHL and needs to win the Calder cup.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 4
DwightSchrute
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Just because Gauthier and Necas were 1st rounders doesnt mean they have good value
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 7
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,617
Quoting: DarylMcNeckHead
The jets are trying to win the Stanley cup, not the Calder cup. The fact that you have to provide rationale on all of these players sums up the trade for itself.

Quoting: Howyoudrouinnn
This trade COULD WORK!

If Winnipeg drops to the AHL and needs to win the Calder cup.

Bold talk from guys who have 8 forwards on the roster plus Laine and Connor, plus Vesalainen and Appleton in the system -- and after that, no one likely to see the interior of an NHL arena from the bench in the next two years with the possible exception of the Russian. I can see all 6 of these players you're sneering at on the Jets in September 2020. (The four forwards are clearly better prospects than Appleton, by the way.)
19 août 2019 à 17 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,979
Quoting: DwightSchrute
Just because Gauthier and Necas were 1st rounders doesnt mean they have good value

Necas 100% does he has top line upside, Gauthier's value isn't his draft stock. It's his shot. It's his shot, and it's a small cannon. Gauthier has 2nd line upside based on his shot and his skating if he becomes somewhat responsible defensively he'll be a good 2nd liner.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 4,979
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Bold talk from guys who have 8 forwards on the roster plus Laine and Connor, plus Vesalainen and Appleton in the system -- and after that, no one likely to see the interior of an NHL arena from the bench in the next two years with the possible exception of the Russian. I can see all 6 of these players you're sneering at on the Jets in September 2020. (The four forwards are clearly better prospects than Appleton, by the way.)

McGinn isn't a prospect, nor is he better than Mason Appleton, but the other 3 are hands down
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 16
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Caniac2000
McGinn isn't a prospect, nor is he better than Mason Appleton, but the other 3 are hands down

I was pissed.

And I'm not a Carolina fan. As you know. Although I do highly respect the team.
Caniac2000 a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 22
Daryl
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 85

That’s fine. As long as we have a forward core of Laine, Connor, Scheif, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little and Copp I’m not too worried about the other 5 guys that play in the bottom 6. It’s easy to input 2 rookies and 3 defensively responsible guys there.

Jets are great at drafting and as long as we hold onto our picks from now on we should have no problem rotating out bottom 6 players.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 335
hmmm none of those names are Sebastion Aho......
19 août 2019 à 17 h 24
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855

I think moving out Laine or Connor is a mistake for the Jets. They have a lot of good younger players, and then some good older guys. They should move out the older guys even if it means 1 step back, because it will prevent much worse issues in the future.
OldNYIfan et jgimp69 a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 189

So we trade away Laine so we dont have to have Appleton on the roster? That makes sense (sarcasm)! Dude, this is a couple quarters and some pennies for a dollar! GTFO! This deal would start with Svechnikov.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 33
jimmyjets
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 317
Classic quantity for Quality trade. Easy no. We won't be trading Laine for even 5 quarters for the dollar.

IMO Pesce+ must be in any Laine trade from the 'canes for the Jets to even consider it. They need the value contract and aren't going to risk extending Faulk (his O game has fallen off) or trying to extend Hamilton in 2 years. Pesce is under team control and can play with JMo to form our shutdown pair which addresses a now need since we're in our contention window.

Trading for Laine would hurt. Bit pieces and role players need not be included.

P.S. Jets are very high on Appleton. He's such a lock to make the team I'm not sure why capfriendly isn't showing him on the NHL roster already. After him I agree it's mostly bottom 6 depth but we don't have any top 9 spots to hand out over the next 2 years either...

Laine Scheif Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Roslovic Vesalainen
Copp Lowry Appleton

You can trade Laine but then Connor takes his spot in the top 6. Perreautl will be replaced by Vsalainen. We hope Little will be replaced by Roslovic but it's a make or break year for him at C.

So all these depth guys that you're trading us that will be stashed in the minors aren't going to have a chance to play unless we have significant injuries anyhow.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 36
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: DarylMcNeckHead
That’s fine. As long as we have a forward core of Laine, Connor, Scheif, Ehlers, Wheeler, Little and Copp I’m not too worried about the other 5 guys that play in the bottom 6. It’s easy to input 2 rookies and 3 defensively responsible guys there.

Jets are great at drafting and as long as we hold onto our picks from now on we should have no problem rotating out bottom 6 players.

I'm not criticizing the team or the way it's been managed (remember where Chevy came from), just objecting to the idea that you couldn't use these players.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 38
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Ducky10
So we trade away Laine so we don't have to have Appleton on the roster?

How in the world did you get that out of my pointing out that after the 8 forwards currently on the roster (including Laine) plus Vesalainen and Appleton, you don't have anyone else of NHL quality left in the system to ice a full team with?
19 août 2019 à 17 h 45
How in the world did you get that out of my pointing out that after the 8 forwards currently on the roster (including Laine) plus Vesalainen and Appleton, you don't have anyone else of NHL quality left in the system to ice a full team with?

Because you said this "I can see all 6 of these players you're sneering at on the Jets in September 2020. (The four forwards are clearly better prospects than Appleton, by the way.)"
You are seemingly justifying trading Laine to replace a bottom 6 forward (who is actually better than at least 3 of the dudes you mention). You seem to be concerned about organizational depth.
19 août 2019 à 17 h 49
Once a Kings Fan Too
Because you said this "I can see all 6 of these players you're sneering at on the Jets in September 2020. (The four forwards are clearly better prospects than Appleton, by the way.)"
You are seemingly justifying trading Laine to replace a bottom 6 forward (who is actually better than at least 3 of the dudes you mention). You seem to be concerned about organizational depth.

Yeah. You guys have none.

For the record, just to be clear, I think Appleton makes the team this year and stays.
19 août 2019 à 18 h 3

For the record, just to be clear, I think Appleton makes the team this year and stays.

He absolutely does!
4th line forwards aren't overly difficult to acquire.
21 yr old 40+ goal scorers are VERY difficult to acquire.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 18 h 55
Jet69
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142

I think he will be just as good if not better than Tanev
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 19 h 6
Jet69
Quoting: jimmyjets
Classic quantity for Quality trade. Easy no. We won't be trading Laine for even 5 quarters for the dollar.

IMO Pesce+ must be in any Laine trade from the 'canes for the Jets to even consider it. They need the value contract and aren't going to risk extending Faulk (his O game has fallen off) or trying to extend Hamilton in 2 years. Pesce is under team control and can play with JMo to form our shutdown pair which addresses a now need since we're in our contention window.

Trading for Laine would hurt. Bit pieces and role players need not be included.

P.S. Jets are very high on Appleton. He's such a lock to make the team I'm not sure why capfriendly isn't showing him on the NHL roster already. After him I agree it's mostly bottom 6 depth but we don't have any top 9 spots to hand out over the next 2 years either...

Laine Scheif Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers
Connor Roslovic Vesalainen
Copp Lowry Appleton

You can trade Laine but then Connor takes his spot in the top 6. Perreautl will be replaced by Vsalainen. We hope Little will be replaced by Roslovic but it's a make or break year for him at C.

So all these depth guys that you're trading us that will be stashed in the minors aren't going to have a chance to play unless we have significant injuries anyhow.

Agree, it would all start with Pesce+ as Slavin would most definitely be off the table. Carolina has the pieces that Winnipeg needs and Winnipeg has the goal scoring forwards that Car needs. They do make good trade partners but Carolina fans throwing out bits and pieces like it’s EA sports BeAGm mode for a generational goal scorer isn’t going to cut it. I could see something along the lines of Pesce/Necas/conditional 1st for Laine with small add to balance the trade as being doable.
Peg gets a T4 RHD and potential #2 C in Necas. Conditional pick could be based on 40 goals or something along the lines but pair him with Aho and he hits 50
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
19 août 2019 à 20 h 10
Quoting: jgimp69
Agree, it would all start with Pesce+ as Slavin would most definitely be off the table. Carolina has the pieces that Winnipeg needs and Winnipeg has the goal scoring forwards that Car needs. They do make good trade partners but Carolina fans throwing out bits and pieces like it’s EA sports BeAGm mode for a generational goal scorer isn’t going to cut it. I could see something along the lines of Pesce/Necas/conditional 1st for Laine with small add to balance the trade as being doable.
Peg gets a T4 RHD and potential #2 C in Necas. Conditional pick could be based on 40 goals or something along the lines but pair him with Aho and he hits 50

I’d look at a package of Svechnikov a1st and Faulk
19 août 2019 à 21 h 20
Jet69
Modifié 19 août 2019 à 21 h 26
I’d look at a package of Svechnikov a1st and Faulk

If moving a winger like laine we need to get either a 2C or RHD. Pesce>Faulk and has a better contract that suits the Jets. Not sure if Roslo will cut it at 2C so getting another potential 2C in Necas again, suits the Jets needs better than another winger in Svechnikov. I think at a minimum Roslo would make a great 2nd line winger, so as long as one of Necas or Roslo develop into a solid centre we are set. If we could roll 3 scoring lines that would help alleviate losing Lainey’s scoring.
19 août 2019 à 22 h 12
Quoting: jgimp69
If moving a winger like laine we need to get either a 2C or RHD. Pesce>Faulk and has a better contract that suits the Jets. Not sure if Roslo will cut it at 2C so getting another potential 2C in Necas again, suits the Jets needs better than another winger in Svechnikov. I think at a minimum Roslo would make a great 2nd line winger, so as long as one of Necas or Roslo develop into a solid centre we are set. If we could roll 3 scoring lines that would help alleviate losing Lainey’s scoring.

It seemed the problem was Laine and Little not working together. You eliminate one of them. I think we can roll 4. Roslovic needs to replace Tanev alongside Lowry and Perrault. It could be
27. 55. 26
81. 18. 37
85. 17. 28
92. 9. ??
Mix and match as you go!.
Faulk would be a placeholder, a rental per se. Gotta sign JoMo, Roslovic and Niku next summer. Don’t impede Samberg and Heinola either!
Don’t get me wrong though. The Jets should ABSOLUTELY NOT trade Laine!!!
jgimp69 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2019 à 0 h 13
Jet69
It seemed the problem was Laine and Little not working together. You eliminate one of them. I think we can roll 4. Roslovic needs to replace Tanev alongside Lowry and Perrault. It could be
27. 55. 26
81. 18. 37
85. 17. 28
92. 9. ??
Mix and match as you go!.
Faulk would be a placeholder, a rental per se. Gotta sign JoMo, Roslovic and Niku next summer. Don’t impede Samberg and Heinola either!
Don’t get me wrong though. The Jets should ABSOLUTELY NOT trade Laine!!!

Totally agree. PoMo and Wheels should be exiting before we even think of moving Laine. Like many I think there is some Wheeler big man issues in the room and you don’t choose a 33 year old over a generational scorer. PoMo has handled this lineup horribly.
I’m still a big fan of 3 scoring lines and a grinding ala Lowry line to wear down the opponent/penalty kill. But the lines all need somewhat equal ice time otherwise you burn out your top line as we witnessed last year and the year before.
I would rather undersell Wheeler than undersell Laine!!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage