SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Sharks are missing the playoffs

22 août 2019 à 18 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: krakowitz
Sharks shouldn't be missing. They've got enough talent up front even with the loss of Pavelski, especially as guys like Meier, Labanc and Hertl continue to improve. There's also room for young players to step in and provide solid offense (probably either Chekhovich or Chmelevski), and I think one of them can do a solid job in the top nine. Defensively, I think Vlasic will have a bounce back year, plus Simek will be healthy, as he was an excellent partner for Burns. Losing Braun shouldn't be a huge loss, but I think Karlsson coming into the season healthy is going to be huge for them.

In a weak Pacific division, they should be in for sure. My top three are Vegas, San Jose and Arizona. The only thing I really see that could tank the Sharks (besides injuries) is goaltending, but I think it'll be decent enough to get them in.

We're pretty much on the same page. CGY got career seasons from everyone. They're gonna regress. VAN is my team to watch. They've improved a lot on paper this summer. At the very least, they'll be playing meaningful games come March.
23 août 2019 à 11 h 7
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Brian2016
Vegas has an absolutely stacked offense. Possibly the best in the NHL. If Fleury stays healthy I think they're a virtual lock to make the playoffs. SJS has a superior D (at least offensively), but they lack Vegas' offensive depth and goaltending. I think they'll make it, but it'll be close. ARI will finally make it and CGY will regress, but they're still playoff contenders. They'll finish 9th in the West. VAN will improve drastically, but just miss.

Here's my Pacific predictions (Top 3 make the playoffs w/ 5 teams from the Central):

1. VGK
2. ARI
3. SJS
4. CGY
5. VAN
6. EDM
7. ANA
8. LAK

What makes you think Calgary misses?
2 nov. 2019 à 23 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
I CALLED IT LMAOOOO
Kotkaniemi15 et SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2019 à 9 h 13
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I CALLED IT LMAOOOO

Looks like the tables have turned for the Sens too. Last years they gave up a lottery pick, this year it’s looking like they’ll get one.
AndrewLadd et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2019 à 14 h 24
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
@AndrewLadd, you are right. smirk
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2019 à 19 h 35
i hope ur hungry now
Mentions "j'aime": 978
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think Anaheim and San Jose will surprise everyone this year -- Anaheim by going up (like the Islanders last year), and San Jose by going down.

Physic
3 nov. 2019 à 19 h 36
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: EthanK24
Looks like the tables have turned for the Sens too. Last years they gave up a lottery pick, this year it’s looking like they’ll get one.

Is byfeild as good as Byram
3 nov. 2019 à 22 h 54
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Is byfeild as good as Byram

Better.
SpaghettiPasta et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 nov. 2019 à 23 h 6
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
They can't keep pucks out of their own net and their SH% is low. Not sure if the goaltending will get substantially better, but the shooting percentages should go up as time goes on. The Pacific is pretty jumbled, and one hot streak is all they need to get right back in it. But the odds are stacked against them, given the history of teams being more than seven points out of a playoff spot after a month.
4 nov. 2019 à 11 h 24
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
I think they can push for a wild card spot, but it's looking more and more likely that their not making the playoffs. They're in a worse place than St Louis was last year.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
4 nov. 2019 à 18 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Could you imagine the Sens getting a top 3 pick from San Jose
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
6 nov. 2019 à 16 h 5
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Physic

Yeah the Sharks looked really good last night almost blowing a 3 goal lead in the final 3 mins. lol.
6 nov. 2019 à 19 h 57
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Yeah the Sharks looked really good last night almost blowing a 3 goal lead in the final 3 mins. lol.

*Physics
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2019 à 23 h 44
Not so Fasth
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 61
You right
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2019 à 7 h 38
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: PrisonBull
*Physics

****, did I spell it wrong
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2019 à 5 h 29
More To Come
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 371
Modifié 18 nov. 2019 à 5 h 42

Winners of 6 in a row. Beating some pretty good teams including the Oilers, Preds and Hawks. Really dominated the Oilers (granted it was Mike Smith)

I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs but they're one win away from fourth in the pacific and four points from 3rd, 6 points out of 2nd. The top six has picked it up ten-fold and the defense, since the return of Simek has been vastly improved and on top of everything, Jones has been pretty strong despite still having a low save percentage he has made some massive saves at key moments. Vlasic and Karlsson are both a plus +8 in their last five games, Vlasic in particular has returned to form making some very high end defensive plays and keeping McDavid off the scoresheet (he was on the ice with Connor nearly every shift)

Being that it's not even December and SJ is six points out of 2nd in the division and no team has been hotter in the last two weeks I'd say making the playoffs is a pretty strong possibility. And, if they make an upgrade, trade for a top six RW then I'd say they'll make a convincing run for the division. Also, getting a new backup couldn't hurt as Jones has started 6 in a row, looks the coaching staff has lost faith in Dell who has been pretty terrible for the last year.

Labanc, Meier and Hertl in particular have really stepped up. Hertl is now a point per game player and Meier is playing like a real top power forward finally. Kane has been doing it all year with 12 goals now. Couture has been better and now has 21 points in 21 games.

Simek's return cant be overlooked. He's not a Norris candidate by any means. But he allows the D Pairs to be what they really should be. It's not easy partnering with Burns and Simek fills that role with ease. He brings a physical edge and wins a lot of battles along the walls. The real surprise this year is the strong play of Mario Ferraro, playing on his off-side with Dillon. He's been super physical, he's quick and very responsible. Ferraro will definitely be a staple on the Sharks D for many years to come.

As a Sharks fan i have felt the low's of the season and watched every game with critical eyes. This is not the same team the league saw three weeks back. Not really even close.
18 nov. 2019 à 6 h 36
Quoting: Eklund
Winners of 6 in a row. Beating some pretty good teams including the Oilers, Preds and Hawks. Really dominated the Oilers (granted it was Mike Smith)

I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs but they're one win away from fourth in the pacific and four points from 3rd, 6 points out of 2nd. The top six has picked it up ten-fold and the defense, since the return of Simek has been vastly improved and on top of everything, Jones has been pretty strong despite still having a low save percentage he has made some massive saves at key moments. Vlasic and Karlsson are both a plus +8 in their last five games, Vlasic in particular has returned to form making some very high end defensive plays and keeping McDavid off the scoresheet (he was on the ice with Connor nearly every shift)

Being that it's not even December and SJ is six points out of 2nd in the division and no team has been hotter in the last two weeks I'd say making the playoffs is a pretty strong possibility. And, if they make an upgrade, trade for a top six RW then I'd say they'll make a convincing run for the division. Also, getting a new backup couldn't hurt as Jones has started 6 in a row, looks the coaching staff has lost faith in Dell who has been pretty terrible for the last year.

Labanc, Meier and Hertl in particular have really stepped up. Hertl is now a point per game player and Meier is playing like a real top power forward finally. Kane has been doing it all year with 12 goals now. Couture has been better and now has 21 points in 21 games.

Simek's return cant be overlooked. He's not a Norris candidate by any means. But he allows the D Pairs to be what they really should be. It's not easy partnering with Burns and Simek fills that role with ease. He brings a physical edge and wins a lot of battles along the walls. The real surprise this year is the strong play of Mario Ferraro, playing on his off-side with Dillon. He's been super physical, he's quick and very responsible. Ferraro will definitely be a staple on the Sharks D for many years to come.

As a Sharks fan i have felt the low's of the season and watched every game with critical eyes. This is not the same team the league saw three weeks back. Not really even close.

I did make this comment before the Sharks began their recent surge. I must admit I'm surprised, especially with the way they've committed to defense. I didn't think they had it in them. Still a long ways to go, but the fact that the West is so bunched together w/ so many teams hovering around .500 will help them tremendously. It might only take 85-86 points to sneak into the playoffs and obviously anything can happen once they get there.

I know the Sharks still have some issues to overcome, but look at teams like NSH, WPG, CGY, and even Vegas. All 4 are underachieving big time right now and these teams are all playing particularly poor hockey right now. How bad has Rinne been lately?
18 nov. 2019 à 7 h 42
More To Come
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 371
Modifié 18 nov. 2019 à 7 h 47
I did make this comment before the Sharks began their recent surge. I must admit I'm surprised, especially with the way they've committed to defense. I didn't think they had it in them. Still a long ways to go, but the fact that the West is so bunched together w/ so many teams hovering around .500 will help them tremendously. It might only take 85-86 points to sneak into the playoffs and obviously anything can happen once they get there.

I know the Sharks still have some issues to overcome, but look at teams like NSH, WPG, CGY, and even Vegas. All 4 are underachieving big time right now and these teams are all playing particularly poor hockey right now. How bad has Rinne been lately?

I understand your point but I could make the same case for SJ. They started poorly and are now beginning to play like the team they should be. We'll see how it all unfolds of course, this six game win streak could be a flash in the pan but I am willing to wager that a team featuring Karlsson, Burns, Couture, Meier, Hertl and Kane probably isn't going to slump like they did 3 weeks ago again.

I might've misread that comment. Rinne has been awful, Vegas is losing a lot of close games and Calgary might actually be that bad this year. The Sharks lucked out that the west has been underachieving. VAN will slow down I think and Edmonton is one trade away from being absolutely a contender. Interesting times are ahead.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage