SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prediction Time: Who wins the lottery for Lafrenier?

8 août 2019 à 13 h 21
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Quoting: hanson493
no, but you also cant definitively tell me the balls arent manipulated in some way to force a specific outcome.

Exactly what I'm referring to from my prior comment. Yeah okay buddy, they weighted some of the balls.
8 août 2019 à 13 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: mondo
This is probably an example of why we live in a hell world. Even when presented with infallible evidence, people remain skeptical because they think their own biases have more weight than reality.

how? I would 100% believe that these drafts are rigged. Again im not saying they are or they arent but you cant tell me those balls havent been manipulated, you cant tell me there isnt some sort of set up with that machine, did you install it? did you make the balls? they came in a briefcase, they could have very easily been tampered with.
8 août 2019 à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Exactly what I'm referring to from my prior comment. Yeah okay buddy, they weighted some of the balls.

and why would this notion be so farfetched? I hope it is random, i really do. I dont want these things to be rigged. but cmon really? all they would have to do is put an extra layer of plastic on the balls and it looks exactly the same but its heavier. they could inject the balls with foreign gasses. like idk man its easily doable.
8 août 2019 à 13 h 44
torontos finest
and why would this notion be so farfetched? I hope it is random, i really do. I dont want these things to be rigged. but cmon really? all they would have to do is put an extra layer of plastic on the balls and it looks exactly the same but its heavier. they could inject the balls with foreign gasses. like idk man its easily doable.

broken brain
8 août 2019 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
broken brain

And THIS is why we have a hell society, Instead of seeing another side of a plausible argument or just respecting someone elses opinion, we just make fun of someone else for their opinion. But yep brain broken. Draft cant possibly be rigged because they televise it for everyone to see. Im so stupid.
8 août 2019 à 13 h 56
torontos finest
And THIS is why we have a hell society, Instead of seeing another side of a plausible argument or just respecting someone elses opinion, we just make fun of someone else for their opinion. But yep brain broken. Draft cant possibly be rigged because they televise it for everyone to see. Im so stupid.

your argument is not plausible. "they could" and "you don't know" aren't factual observations. you're just making wilder and wilder guesses. i could waste my time further trying to bring up evidence to why it's ridiculous to assume the machine and balls are manipulated, but all that will do bring on another round of asinine questions, like how the background is a green screen or everyone is a paid actor or some other wild assumption.

hence broken brain. our arguments aren't equal and your opinion isn't valid. you're just making stuff up.
8 août 2019 à 13 h 59
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
how? I would 100% believe that these drafts are rigged. Again im not saying they are or they arent but you cant tell me those balls havent been manipulated, you cant tell me there isnt some sort of set up with that machine, did you install it? did you make the balls? they came in a briefcase, they could have very easily been tampered with.

And you can't tell me that the balls have been manipulated at all. Did you install the machine? Did you make the balls? They could have just as easily been not tampered with. You have no proof that the lottery is rigged other than "NHL big corporation, Bettman bad, EY corrupt, hurr durr."
hanson493 et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
8 août 2019 à 14 h 11
Démarrer sujet
your argument is not plausible. "they could" and "you don't know" aren't factual observations. you're just making wilder and wilder guesses. i could waste my time further trying to bring up evidence to why it's ridiculous to assume the machine and balls are manipulated, but all that will do bring on another round of asinine questions, like how the background is a green screen or everyone is a paid actor or some other wild assumption.

hence broken brain. our arguments aren't equal and your opinion isn't valid. you're just making stuff up.

So you manufactured the balls, manufactured the machine, drove both pieces of equipment to sportsnet TSN station without letting it leave your eyes. Then you personally placed the balls into the machine and operated it. You must have witnessed this entire process for YOUR opinion to be valid right? Im just skeptical its a clean process. E&Y is a shady company that is notorious now with MULTIPLE fraud claims against them. Why is it some wild assumption they arent paid off to get a result that would otherwise look non-suspicious? Im sorry we dont think alike and that god forbid anyone questions the nhl on their practices.
8 août 2019 à 14 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
And you can't tell me that the balls have been manipulated at all. Did you install the machine? Did you make the balls? They could have just as easily been not tampered with. You have no proof that the lottery is rigged other than "NHL big corporation, Bettman bad, EY corrupt, hurr durr."

Your 100% correct I cant tell you they have or they havent. I have no proof, but you also have no proof it isnt. You have a live stream video that shows the process and thats it. Nothing about how the balls are made, their transport, or how the machine is made and its transport. Nobody knows. you think its not rigged cool, ill believe it is.
8 août 2019 à 14 h 26
torontos finest
So you manufactured the balls, manufactured the machine, drove both pieces of equipment to sportsnet TSN station without letting it leave your eyes. Then you personally placed the balls into the machine and operated it. You must have witnessed this entire process for YOUR opinion to be valid right? Im just skeptical its a clean process. E&Y is a shady company that is notorious now with MULTIPLE fraud claims against them. Why is it some wild assumption they arent paid off to get a result that would otherwise look non-suspicious? Im sorry we dont think alike and that god forbid anyone questions the nhl on their practices.

you still haven't posted any concrete evidence that the lottery could be rigged, other than unrelated hyperbole.

the balls are rigged? okay, provide evidence on how they can be rigged in an air ball lottery machine. watch the video again, watch the balls to see if anything stands out as to show if some could be tampered with.
the machine is rigged? okay, provide evidence on how the machine can be adjusted to favor a certain result. there is a video of the machine working, so compare your evidence with the video to see if it collaborates.
E&Y is a shady company? sure, but all the major four firms have unethical practices. what would they gain from helping the nhl tamper with the lottery? what are these fraud claims? are they relevant to conducting a draft lottery?
8 août 2019 à 14 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Well this thread melted down nicely into a QAnon twitter feed.
8 août 2019 à 14 h 37
torontos finest
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier

we're not at the graphs and clock chart stage yet
8 août 2019 à 16 h 9
Démarrer sujet
you still haven't posted any concrete evidence that the lottery could be rigged, other than unrelated hyperbole.

the balls are rigged? okay, provide evidence on how they can be rigged in an air ball lottery machine. watch the video again, watch the balls to see if anything stands out as to show if some could be tampered with.
the machine is rigged? okay, provide evidence on how the machine can be adjusted to favor a certain result. there is a video of the machine working, so compare your evidence with the video to see if it collaborates.
E&Y is a shady company? sure, but all the major four firms have unethical practices. what would they gain from helping the nhl tamper with the lottery? what are these fraud claims? are they relevant to conducting a draft lottery?

Isnt the whole point of a conspiracy THEORY that you dont have concrete proof? If i did have concrete proof wouldnt that be a fact and not an opinion at that point? I never said it was justified. Im saying the balls CAN be manipulated, the machine CAN be manipulated, EY IS shady and COULD manipulate the results. Im NOT saying the balls ARE manipulated, the machine IS BEING manipulated, I am still saying EY IS STILL shady but im not saying they ARE manipulating the results. I wouldnt be able to see a pinhole in a video, or if there is anything different with the balls from the video. IF i saw them in person, got to actually run my own tests with the balls and their machine and another similar machine straight off production line with a different set of similarly made balls to disprove my THEORY than sure. But the NHL isnt going to let me do that, nor do i want to do that. I would like to believe the system is fair and just. But The NHL is running its own draft. The NHL is in the business to make money correct? If you are the NHL would you want the rangers (highest valued team in nhl) the blackhawks (4th highest valued team in the NHL) and then a throw in team like the devils that pander to a large market (13 lowest value) to win the draft, produce views and ratings? Or would you want Colorado/Ottawa( 8th/9th lowest value) (Buffalo 4th lowest value) and Arizona (Lowest Value) to win (remember you are the league answering this not a fan). Everyone keeps saying "auston matthews is from arizona wouldnt they (the league) have wanted him to go to where he is from?" No, why would they want a generational talent wasted in a poor market? Just because matthews is there doesnt mean he brings that Teams value up at all, doesnt mean it brings in revenue.
8 août 2019 à 16 h 24
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
61.png
8 août 2019 à 18 h 15
torontos finest
florida-panthers-qanon.jpg
8 août 2019 à 23 h 47
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Isnt the whole point of a conspiracy THEORY that you dont have concrete proof? If i did have concrete proof wouldnt that be a fact and not an opinion at that point? I never said it was justified. Im saying the balls CAN be manipulated, the machine CAN be manipulated, EY IS shady and COULD manipulate the results. Im NOT saying the balls ARE manipulated, the machine IS BEING manipulated, I am still saying EY IS STILL shady but im not saying they ARE manipulating the results. I wouldnt be able to see a pinhole in a video, or if there is anything different with the balls from the video. IF i saw them in person, got to actually run my own tests with the balls and their machine and another similar machine straight off production line with a different set of similarly made balls to disprove my THEORY than sure. But the NHL isnt going to let me do that, nor do i want to do that. I would like to believe the system is fair and just. But The NHL is running its own draft. The NHL is in the business to make money correct? If you are the NHL would you want the rangers (highest valued team in nhl) the blackhawks (4th highest valued team in the NHL) and then a throw in team like the devils that pander to a large market (13 lowest value) to win the draft, produce views and ratings? Or would you want Colorado/Ottawa( 8th/9th lowest value) (Buffalo 4th lowest value) and Arizona (Lowest Value) to win (remember you are the league answering this not a fan). Everyone keeps saying "auston matthews is from arizona wouldnt they (the league) have wanted him to go to where he is from?" No, why would they want a generational talent wasted in a poor market? Just because matthews is there doesnt mean he brings that Teams value up at all, doesnt mean it brings in revenue.

LOL Pittsburgh won it in 2005 ... they were having a hard time selling tickets, and some people say, "Well, the NHL wanted them to win the lottery so they rigged it so they'd win." But then they will also say "the league makes more money from Toronto so they picked them over Arizona in 2016." You've been arguing that it's always the teams with really good chances to win who win so they can save the teams, but you're saying it's also about giving the teams who they make more money from the 1st overall pick ... this logic doesn't make any sense. The reason it's the worse teams who win the lottery usually is because they have the better chance. And Philadelphia didn't win the lottery, but they moved up to #2 in 2017 from #13 and 1st and 2nd were (at least at the time believed to be) pretty even with Hischier and Patrick. So, no, the lottery isn't rigged. I don't know why some people say it is.

People come up with dumb clues for why it's rigged. Conspiracy theories are weird and almost all of them are fake IMO ... some people say Paul McCartney died in 1966 (i'm a big Beatles fan) and was replaced by Billy Shears. If you haven't hear of that, look it up. It's known as the "Paul is Dead" theory. People came up with clues in the songs all because of a fake report or something like that ... some people have reversed the songs and come up with ideas of what it might be saying, when really it's just noise ... the songs are reversed and it kind of sounds like it's saying something, but it doesn't really sound like it, and i can kind of hear them but only because people have come up with those ideas. At the end of the song, "Strawberry Fields Forever" it says the words, "cranberry sauce", but people misheard it as "I buried Paul." And people reversed a bunch of their songs and came up with ideas of what it sounds like it might be saying when really, it's basically impossible to make it sound like that ... and if Paul McCartney died, then who wrote "Hey Jude", "Let it Be", etc? If he died then they must have found someone who looks like Paul, sounds like Paul, played bass like Paul, etc. He's alive and that's a fact ... he's even done concerts. Some people pointed out that on the Abbey Road cover it says 28IF on a car license plate in the background, saying that Paul would be 28 IF he was still alive, but i'm pretty sure he would have been 27 anyway. People just came up with dumb clues.

It's interesting ... i saw a video about the whole flat Earth thing ... really, the people know what they're talking about and they're not stupid people. Now, I'd say the Earth is round, and we all know that ... it is obvious that the Earth is round, it has been proven already. That's a fact. But i thought it was an interesting idea that these people came up with ... I disagree with it, but it was interesting. They were saying something about how Antarctica is on the edge of the Earth while everything else is in the middle. Now, if a plane goes past there, where does it go? That's a problem i have with that. I'm still confused that some people are still saying the Earth is flat though. There is proof that the Earth is round. But i found it interesting. Paul McCartney being dead confuses me just like the Earth being flat ... neither is true, I can say that is for sure ... none of the Paul is Dead clues say anything at all. Are you saying Paul McCartney is dead and that the Earth is flat? I'm not saying you're a stupid person for saying the NHL draft lottery is rigged, but i can say that it isn't rigged, just like Paul McCartney is alive and the Earth is round.

Yes, the Oilers won a lot of draft lotteries, but they only won 3 in 6 years, not 4 ... they didn't win the lottery in 2011, New Jersey did, but they only got to move up 5 spots, and Edmonton stayed at #1. Remember how bad that team was. It's not like they just missed the playoffs and won it 3 out of 6 years to move up 12+ spots. It doesn't matter who wins the lottery, people come up with dumb reasons for why it's "obviously rigged". If any team other than New Jersey had won it this year people would be coming up with dumb reasons for why it's "obviously rigged". If Colorado won, people would be saying, "Well, they wanted to make the Duchene trade look even worse." If LA had won it, they would have said, "Well, they wanted to help the Kings' rebuild." People are talking about them rigging the lottery for New Jersey, but if Detroit had won, people would have said, "They wanted to get the Wings back in the playoffs. Of course, they rigged the lottery for Detroit." Seriously, why New Jersey? I can tell you why: because the Devils got lucky with the lottery. It's not rigged. It's all luck.
SpaghettiPasta et krakowitz a aimé ceci.
11 août 2019 à 1 h 27
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
If the oilers get lafreniere and mcdavid that will be an insane amount of talent they would have for the next 10+ years and they still wouldnt be able to win a cup lol.

A Cup? They already have 2 superstars and didn't come close to the playoffs. They're roster is a complete mess with or w/o the #1 pick next season.
11 août 2019 à 1 h 31

But you cannot say they have been tampered with either. Just b/c you can't prove something definitively certainly doesn't mean the opposite is true. Just b/c we don't have definitive proof that there are no aliens at Aera 51 doesn't mean there ARE aliens at Area 51. Is it possible the Draft is rigged? I suppose it's possible, but I find it highly unlikely.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
11 août 2019 à 10 h 38
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Calling it right now, Ottawa wins the lottery with San Jose’s pick.
SpaghettiPasta et hanson493 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2019 à 11 h 11
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: EthanK24
Calling it right now, Ottawa wins the lottery with San Jose’s pick.

So, San Jose misses the playoffs?
Brian2016 et hanson493 a aimé ceci.
11 août 2019 à 17 h 30
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So, San Jose misses the playoffs?

No. Because the lottery is rigged, San Jose makes the playoffs but their pick still wins the lottery. Duh.
SpaghettiPasta, Brian2016, hanson493 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
12 août 2019 à 3 h 30
LAK win lottery in 2020. Still won't make the playoffs for at least another 3-4 years.
12 août 2019 à 9 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Brian2016
But you cannot say they have been tampered with either. Just b/c you can't prove something definitively certainly doesn't mean the opposite is true. Just b/c we don't have definitive proof that there are no aliens at Aera 51 doesn't mean there ARE aliens at Area 51. Is it possible the Draft is rigged? I suppose it's possible, but I find it highly unlikely.

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING... I believe it might be rigged, and i got bashed for it with "prove it" comments... so I said in every way POSSIBLE that it could be rigged. I stand by my opinion if nobody else believes it great thats your opinion.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage