Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Player Discussions

3 août 2019 à 16 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 996
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
@Goulet brought up an interesting point. He claimed that Tavares is more capable of elevating the play of his linemates than Crosby. Is this true? Why or why not?
3 août 2019 à 16 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
@Goulet brought up an interesting point. He claimed that Tavares is more capable of elevating the play of his linemates than Crosby. Is this true? Why or why not?

@dgfresh78 @AFOX10900 @vic997 @okrepps185 @PenGoater99 @Snipshow4416 @Logan_Ollivier @palhal @Jangle29

What’d you guys think of this?
3 août 2019 à 16 h 38
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 461

They’ve both been doing it their whole career. But sids the better player but probably got to play with better players in Pitt than JT in the isle
3 août 2019 à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Snipshow4416
They’ve both been doing it their whole career. But sids the better player but probably got to play with better players in Pitt than JT in the isle

Thanks for answering but I disagree. In NYI, JT got to play with Moulson, Okposo, Bailey and Lee. In PIT, Sid had to play with Dupuis, Kunitz and Sheary. Okposo and Lee were high first round picks with great skill in their primes whereas Lee is a long established power forward who had a really good season in 18-19 even with JT. Crosby made Dupuis a 25 goal 60 point scorer and Kunitz a 35 goal 70 point scorer. Sheary would’ve been on pace for 33 goals and 70 points in 2016-17. No doubt in my mind Sid is more capable of elevating his linemates’ plays considering he took 3 undrafted free agents out of college to succeed in the NHL.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
3 août 2019 à 16 h 57
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Thanks for answering but I disagree. In NYI, JT got to play with Moulson, Okposo, Bailey and Lee. In PIT, Sid had to play with Dupuis, Kunitz and Sheary. Okposo and Lee were high first round picks with great skill in their primes whereas Lee is a long established power forward who had a really good season in 18-19 even with JT. Crosby made Dupuis a 25 goal 60 point scorer and Kunitz a 35 goal 70 point scorer. Sheary would’ve been on pace for 33 goals and 70 points in 2016-17. No doubt in my mind Sid is more capable of elevating his linemates’ plays considering he took 3 undrafted free agents out of college to succeed in the NHL.

Once again I don’t watch or care about either teams so I wouldn’t know
3 août 2019 à 16 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Once again I don’t watch or care about either teams so I wouldn’t know

Why does your bio say Leafs and Bruins fan then?
3 août 2019 à 17 h 10
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Why does your bio say Leafs and Bruins fan then?

Cause I’m a leafs and bruins fan?
3 août 2019 à 17 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Cause I’m a leafs and bruins fan?

But John Tavares plays for the Leafs!
3 août 2019 à 17 h 13
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
But John Tavares plays for the Leafs!

Wait actually? Since when
3 août 2019 à 17 h 16
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 507
I don’t really think that’s the case with JT because we have to keep in mind that with NYI he’d be playing with guys like Okposo, Moulson, Grabner, Lee, and Josh Bailey all of which were very good during JT’s first few years in the league. I feel like Sid has only had two wingers in his career with enough raw talent to contribute to the point that Sid wasn’t carrying his line. The first was Marian Hossa and then we had to wait another 10 or so years until Jake Guentzel burst on to the scene.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: dgfresh78
I don’t really think that’s the case with JT because we have to keep in mind that with NYI he’d be playing with guys like Okposo, Moulson, Grabner, Lee, and Josh Bailey all of which were very good during JT’s first few years in the league. I feel like Sid has only had two wingers in his career with enough raw talent to contribute to the point that Sid wasn’t carrying his line. The first was Marian Hossa and then we had to wait another 10 or so years until Jake Guentzel burst on to the scene.

Yes exactly, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner and Strome were top 6 talents. I can’t say the same for Sheary, Dupuis and Kunitz.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 23
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

Did you see how Sheary played with Crosby?
3 août 2019 à 17 h 25
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

Lee with JT in 2018-19? JT plays for Toronto.

Edit: I'm not saying you didn't know that, just a little confused ...
3 août 2019 à 17 h 29
Yes exactly, Okposo, Bailey, Grabner and Strome were top 6 talents. I can’t say the same for Sheary, Dupuis and Kunitz.

I don’t think people notice that Malkin always had the top wingers outside of the Hossa year. Literally every top winger (Neal, Iginla, Kessel, and now Galchenyuk) ends up playing with Malkin instead of Sid.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Lee with JT in 2018-19? JT plays for Toronto.

Edit: I'm not saying you didn't know that, just a little confused ...

Damn typo.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Did you see how Sheary played with Crosby?

I did, there's no denying Sheary is a good hockey player. But Sheary on his own is a 20 goal 40 point scorer.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
I don’t think people notice that Malkin always had the top wingers outside of the Hossa year. Literally every top winger (Neal, Iginla, Kessel, and now Galchenyuk) ends up playing with Malkin instead of Sid.

Exactly. Although in my opinion, if prime Evgeni Malkin played with Patrik Laine, he'd make the Finnish man score 70-80 goals a season. What'd you think?
3 août 2019 à 17 h 40
Exactly. Although in my opinion, if prime Evgeni Malkin played with Patrik Laine, he'd make the Finnish man score 70-80 goals a season. What'd you think?

I mean he made neal into a 40 goal man so I’d like laine’s chances of scoring 60.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
I mean he made neal into a 40 goal man so I’d like laine’s chances of scoring 60.

Yeah, Malkin's style is pretty simple. He just dangles and draws all the attention, which allows his teammate to become unmarked. That's why pure snipers have so much success playing with him. Imagine if peak Evgeni Malkin and peak Brett Hull played together.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 47
Yeah, Malkin's style is pretty simple. He just dangles and draws all the attention, which allows his teammate to become unmarked. That's why pure snipers have so much success playing with him. Imagine if peak Evgeni Malkin and peak Brett Hull played together.

It would be wild but my preference is when Malkin plays with guys who go into the corners and feed him the puck in the slot. That’s why I liked him with Kunitz and why I want the Penguins to eventually utilize Bjugstad as a RW on Malkin’s line.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
It would be wild but my preference is when Malkin plays with guys who go into the corners and feed him the puck in the slot. That’s why I liked him with Kunitz and why I want the Penguins to eventually utilize Bjugstad as a RW on Malkin’s line.

Remember Sergei Plotnikov? He was one of those guys who the Penguins hoped could go into the corners and get him the puck. Could've made him a 50 goal scorer again!
3 août 2019 à 17 h 51
Remember Sergei Plotnikov? He was one of those guys who the Penguins hoped could go into the corners and get him the puck. Could've made him a 50 goal scorer again!

I just wanna say I was right about him from the beginning because I said it was too good to be true with him. Ended up buying a Plotnikov shirsey at the arena for $2 a week after they traded him.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
I just wanna say I was right about him from the beginning because I said it was too good to be true with him. Ended up buying a Plotnikov shirsey at the arena for $2 a week after they traded him.

He was a skilled player but he struggled to adjust to the style of the Penguins. Under Mike Johnston, the team was bad overall and he found himself on the fourth line. Sully wanted to play a game which was too fast for number 61, and they clashed.
3 août 2019 à 17 h 54
He was a skilled player but he struggled to adjust to the style of the Penguins. Under Mike Johnston, the team was bad overall and he found himself on the fourth line. Sully wanted to play a game which was too fast for number 61, and they clashed.

How it went was that he once said he wanted to go back to Russia and from that point forward he was dead to Sully.
3 août 2019 à 18 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
How it went was that he once said he wanted to go back to Russia and from that point forward he was dead to Sully.

Yes exactly, that's what happened. The Penguins also offered Panarin that year, but he chose the Hawks. Imagine the duo he could've had with Geno. Honestly, Geno didn't play too good during the 2016 cup run, don't you think?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage