The Lightning Twitter.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1156261323308773376
Go to 4:50
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 18 h 55
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
The Senators went from being 100% against trading within the division, to helping the Leafs and now the Lightning with their cap issues.
30 juill. 2019 à 19 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,887
Quoting: Hedman77
I LOVE YOU BRISEBOIS

also he confirmed in an interview that he's looking to trade domingue. sad but expected :c

Itll be ok once you sew lil Mac play
30 juill. 2019 à 19 h 24
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
The Lightning Twitter.

Who needs a backup? (Other than Toronto, who can't take the cap.)
30 juill. 2019 à 19 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I'd say no team. Maybe the Avs would be a possible candidate since they have just 3 goalies signed. But I doubt any team will try to trade for Domingue. Giving up anything for a 3rd goalie who could be lost on waivers anytime during the season isn't that appealing.
rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2019 à 1 h 15
Formerly Jamiepo
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: exo2769
Insurance will pay for Callahan.

I guess it's TBL just wanting to make sure they're under the cap day 1 vs waiting until the season starts to sign Erne. It's still not enough for room for Point AND there are now (4) goalies on the roster. I think more moves are in their future.

They could put Callahan on ltir when submitting opening night roster. They either don’t want the headache of ltir navigation or are worried Callahan may come back. As far as I’ve heard his career is over.
31 juill. 2019 à 1 h 19
Formerly Jamiepo
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
The Lightning Twitter.

So this is essentially for performance bonuses. Is what I gathered from the first part of that.
31 juill. 2019 à 5 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Toronto, Panthers, Avs, Cbj maybe
31 juill. 2019 à 8 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 246
This is a win for Tampa, as they add some flexibility in not having to use LTIR, and it really only cost them money (and a bit of cap space).

The deal is relatively fair value, however if you think of this as a two part deal, it's more puzzling for Ottawa. Taking on Callahan's money and LTIR space should have netted Ottawa an asset, but instead they used that asset to save some cash instead. The value isn't terrible, but Ottawa is easily the worst team in the NHL on paper, so if you think of it as using what could have been an asset to save cash, that is not a great look. Ottawa should be stock piling assets, not passing them up to save money. Callahan as an LTIR dump should have been worth a 3rd, but instead they get nothing.

I feel like Ottawa requested the pick exchange just to make it look like they got something, but in reality, they essentially moved from a pick ranging 156-160 to 149-155 (this year, Tampa's fifth would have been 151, Ottawa's sixth was 156). That has essentially no value.

Overall the value of the deal seems fair, but if Ottawa is serious about rebuilding, they should be trying to weaponize their cap space to gain assets, not save cash. The 5 year window of "unparalleled success" starting in 2021 was insanely optimistic to start with, but if your team is more focused on having a payroll that could fit under the 2005 salary cap than it is in acquiring assets, it seems like 2031 would still be pushing it.
TheWolfe a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2019 à 14 h 6
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,630
Quoting: Daryl
The Senators went from being 100% against trading within the division, to helping the Leafs and now the Lightning with their cap issues.

I fail to see how having Callahan on LTIR hurts Tam0a's cap. Gee the Leafs have two guys make 10.6m on LTIR, but it isn't hurting their ability to sign Marner. But somehow folks think that having 5.8m LTIR Callahan hurts Tampa and their ability to sign Point
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2019 à 14 h 48
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Zwui21
LMAO giving a 5th rounder for a 6th and getting Condon (that if I'm not mistaken will count for 1.3M on the cap when dumped in the minors) for getting rid of Callahan sounds like an amazing deal to me.

There needs to be a rule about using IR to get to the cap floor. This is simply ridiculous! They're intentionally tanking before the season even begins. If I were a Sens fan I'd be protesting in the streets of Ottawa. Melnyk and his dog named Dorion are circumventing the cap. It's an outrage and a disgrace.
31 juill. 2019 à 19 h 51
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Understandable from Tampa perspective, but I think Ottawa could have gotten way hell of a lot better return with taking Callahan's deal, BUT he is on LTIR so insurance will do and actually let's them take even more cap dumps with picks so I guess it's good for them for the time being while they start the rebuilding process.
weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2019 à 21 h 39
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Brian2016
There needs to be a rule about using IR to get to the cap floor. This is simply ridiculous! They're intentionally tanking before the season even begins. If I were a Sens fan I'd be protesting in the streets of Ottawa. Melnyk and his dog named Dorion are circumventing the cap. It's an outrage and a disgrace.

Actually the Sens were 7m over bottom limit before the Callahan trade. But you're right, teams shouldn't be using LTIR to get cap floor.
It must be noted by the NHLPA. Players are expected to get about 50% of revenues which is how the cap is based upon. So using LTIR..often covered by insurance to as part of the cap seems to circumvent the CBA, at least in spirit. The floor and max cap designations should be used for "active" players only.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
1 août 2019 à 5 h 33
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: palhal
Actually the Sens were 7m over bottom limit before the Callahan trade. But you're right, teams shouldn't be using LTIR to get cap floor.
It must be noted by the NHLPA. Players are expected to get about 50% of revenues which is how the cap is based upon. So using LTIR..often covered by insurance to as part of the cap seems to circumvent the CBA, at least in spirit. The floor and max cap designations should be used for "active" players only.

But they don't have to put them on LTIR, right? Can't they just keep them on IR? This way they'd still be "active".
palhal a aimé ceci.
1 août 2019 à 7 h 46
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Brian2016
But they don't have to put them on LTIR, right? Can't they just keep them on IR? This way they'd still be "active".

Right. But surely there can be better way of calculation "active" players. Certainly players that are season ending LTIR should be treated differently cap wise then a 30 day injury.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
1 août 2019 à 9 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Modifié 1 août 2019 à 11 h 43
Quoting: palhal
I fail to see how having Callahan on LTIR hurts Tam0a's cap. Gee the Leafs have two guys make 10.6m on LTIR, but it isn't hurting their ability to sign Marner. But somehow folks think that having 5.8m LTIR Callahan hurts Tampa and their ability to sign Point

LTIR and cap space are not really cumulative, and it's not easy to spend to the maximum of both. Basically, LTIR means you are allowed to replace that players salary, even if it would put you over the cap, but it doesn't just come off your cap, and it doesn't just extend your ceiling by the amount you placed on LTIR. The timing of activating your LTIR is important, because you basically get to add the LTIR space to your current team's payroll to create a new cap. In the offseason, this isn't an issue as you can exceed the cap, then use LTIR to create a new ceiling for your club that is exactly the cap plus the LTIR space. However, when you enter the season, you can't exceed the cap at all, and if you activate LTIR first, and you aren't at the cap, you may not gain much additional space.

In Tampa's case, they had about $76.5M in payroll, so after the season starts, activating LTIR only brings their new ceiling to $82.3M, which essentially means they waste their current cap space.

Also, it could be that Tampa isn't allowed to use LTIR during the summer because Callahan played last year. I thought the wording on why you can use LTIR in the summer had something to to with having been continuously on LTIR and having a doctor's note stating they would never play. Callahan having played last year could create an issue if that is the interpretation. Not at all sure on this one, but it could be part of the issue.

In either case, Toronto and Tampa had similar problems. They could both sign their big ticket RFA during the summer because it's easier to use a combo of space and LTIR during the summer, but they could be taking a substantial risk by essentially making the first day of the season a hard deadline in doing so. Tampa had a small amount of actual money that would be owed to Callahan on LTIR, so they took the route of paying in assets (in this essentially cash), to make that go away. Toronto had an uninsured contract that would be quite expensive to move, so they took the opposite approach and gained an asset to essentially convert their remaining cap space into LTIR space, making it easier to use all at once to cover Marner's contract.
palhal et weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 18 h 54
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,438
Any gains made from this trade by either team were negligible and non-existent.

Fair deal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage