Forums/NHL Trades

(TBL/OTT) - Callahan and 2020 5th for Condon and 2020 6th round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 juill. 2019 à 11 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Also to mention, but the Lightning 5th rounder is supposedly gonna be a late 5th, while the sens 6th is gonna be an early 6th.

Very very happy about this deal, especially after seeing all what people on here said it would cost getting rid of Cally (even after hitting LTIR)
rangersandislesfan et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 11 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Seriously, though, the Senators organization is a joke. They waived Mike Condon after he allowed ONE BAD GOAL.

Bro do you know how many potential goalie prospects Ottawa has?
30 juill. 2019 à 11 h 46
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Wtf Ottawa?! You help 2 divisional teams with cap dumps and gain nothing from it >_
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 11 h 52
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
"We're a team."

Not true. They're not a team lol. tears of joy
*cue Curb Your Enthusiasm credits*

if anybody has *not* seen this, it is a gem: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/9h0vjt/curb_your_dorion/
30 juill. 2019 à 12 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,881
Fair deal at best. Who voted for Ottawa? They move up, 20 spaces in the draft? Losing a goalie and taking on money?
If Tampa flips Condon for anything they win.
30 juill. 2019 à 12 h 13
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,185
ottawa loses this outright, even if the lightning don't do anything.

they're paying 1.7 million extra for a guy who can't play, in exchange for a goaltender who can play and moving up 10 spots in the draft. condon is pretty bad but they have the option to deal him to a team that needs one in an emergency or something.

the senators are probably the only team in the league that can do this trade, and they had no reason to. imagine not using that leverage against a cap crunched tampa. clown show.
OldNYIfan et Zwui21 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 12 h 25
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
One really really insanely bad goal. Something that even I could save.

It's ONE GOAL though. ONE. Those happen. Yes, it was a really really insanely bad goal but it's ONE GOAL, seriously. Steve Mason didn't get sent to the minors when he gave up that terrible goal on the 2016 playoffs. It's not because there's anything wrong with Condon, it's because the Senators management is terrible.
ConnorMcHellebucyk et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 12 h 26
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,957
These are the kinds of Moves Ottawa should be making, maybe just on a larger scale.

Hope Condon can get his career back on track somewhere else. He was an absolute horse for us when Andy had to leave in 2017 to be with his wife. We don't make The Run without him.
30 juill. 2019 à 12 h 28
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rangsey
Fair deal at best. Who voted for Ottawa? They move up, 20 spaces in the draft? Losing a goalie and taking on money?

Probably less than 20. It could be 1 spot lol.
Rangsey, Boubou79, rollie1967 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 3
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
at least it's only 1 year.... otherwise it's a crap useless trade for Ottawa n their giving valuable ice time to losers which should have gone to prospects.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 5
Majors and minors
Quoting: DDoverChucky
Wtf Ottawa?! You help 2 divisional teams with cap dumps and gain nothing from it >_

Vcr n Miller? remember... at least they didn't give a 1st round pick.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 6
Majors and minors
Quoting: Zwui21
Also to mention, but the Lightning 5th rounder is supposedly gonna be a late 5th, while the sens 6th is gonna be an early 6th.

Very very happy about this deal, especially after seeing all what people on here said it would cost getting rid of Cally (even after hitting LTIR)

Thank the Lord it's only 1 year.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: pharrow
point signing around the corner.

Yup. 8 years at $9M is my guess.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4
This has Big Melnyk Energy all over it.

I marked this as a Fair Deal in that I don't think either team really wins? Ottawa should have asked for more than moving from high 6th to low 5th, and Tampa Bay really doesn't need another goalie of Condon's caliber right now.

I guess Tampa wins if they flip Condon?
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 43
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Like if Melnyk is worse than Mike Milbury
30 juill. 2019 à 15 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Senators don't care about the cap hit of Callahan since they aren't close to the cap limit and they are one of the worst teams in the league. I'd think nobody wants Condon. I like it when people are like: they can just flip Condon to another team. If any team really wanted him, they made the trade already. He played just 3 games last season and he wasn't that good in any of those games lol.

I don't think this trade is that bad from the Sens perspective. Insurance pays Callahan while they move 3M salary and they also move up a few picks in the draft. Tampa needs their cap space and Condon still has a cap hit of 1.325M when he's dumped in the minors. If Tampa manages to flip Condon, they win the trade. But if not (and I doubt they can flip him without giving up some assets), Ottawa wins this IMO
Barbs, Boubou79 et weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 15 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Quoting: grodziQ
Like if Melnyk is worse than Mike Milbury

Need some likes? Lol
30 juill. 2019 à 15 h 39
Majors and minors
Quoting: Azurayn
This has Big Melnyk Energy all over it.

I marked this as a Fair Deal in that I don't think either team really wins? Ottawa should have asked for more than moving from high 6th to low 5th, and Tampa Bay really doesn't need another goalie of Condon's caliber right now.

I don't think this is Melnyk or Dorion on this, i think it was somebody else trying to make it "Fairsy".... instead of wanting more for the additional $$. Better smarten up or UNDERLING is gone, just saying !!!
I guess Tampa wins if they flip Condon?
30 juill. 2019 à 15 h 40
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,632
Quoting: Zwui21
I don't agree. For what the Lightning situation was with LTIR, moving Callahan's contract is a great thing in order to freely sign Point.

Also, Tampa now has McElhinney, Domingue and Condon, with Fucale, Wedgewood and Martin in Syracuse.
Wouldn't be surprised if Condon will be flipped to someone else. (Domingue, of course, will also be moved)

I guess it's preference. Maybe BriseBois didn't think he could get under the cap day 1 in order to send Callahan to LTIR so the reduction today is worth the $1.3M cap hit on Day 2 until the end of the season? I know LTIR in the offseason is a BEAST to manage. Maybe there's yet another move to be made with those goalies like your saying? I'm coming around on the deal, but it really depends on if Point signs soon. Getting into camp and playing with your team is a real benefit compared to sitting out like Nylander did. But if Point doesn't sign before the season, then I'm not sure why the move was made. We'll see!
30 juill. 2019 à 16 h 7
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,219
Really, though, Tampa could've put Callahan on LTIR and they take more cap instead. Yes, they get Condon but he still has a cap hit.

The buyout announcement will be released soon.
weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 16 h 51
Sports and Tacos
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 601
Quoting: Rangsey

I think it's a win-win.

Ottawa is rebuilding and have one of the largest pool of prospects in the league (Mostly cuz they unloaded every Vet). A lot of these prospects are ready to take the next step into the NHL. So having all these rookies on the team makes it hard to hit the cap floor. Adding players to the LTIR allows Ottawa to play their rookies in big roles/situation instead of giving those minutes to overrated washed-up vets.

Ottawa isn't trying to win next year... It's about development.

People who voted for Ottawa probably see Tampa adding a bad healthy player with a 3.5M to their Cap hit instead of having a player sit in LTIR.
30 juill. 2019 à 17 h 13
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 136
Wow. A 6th to a 5th.

I think the Sens org just enjoys bending over..
30 juill. 2019 à 17 h 29
Log off the internet
Mentions "j'aime": 3,866
I LOVE YOU BRISEBOIS

also he confirmed in an interview that he's looking to trade domingue. sad but expected :c
Zwui21 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 17 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Quoting: exo2769
I guess it's preference. Maybe BriseBois didn't think he could get under the cap day 1 in order to send Callahan to LTIR so the reduction today is worth the $1.3M cap hit on Day 2 until the end of the season? I know LTIR in the offseason is a BEAST to manage. Maybe there's yet another move to be made with those goalies like your saying? I'm coming around on the deal, but it really depends on if Point signs soon. Getting into camp and playing with your team is a real benefit compared to sitting out like Nylander did. But if Point doesn't sign before the season, then I'm not sure why the move was made. We'll see!

BriseBois said that Condon will be sent to Syracuse and will probably be a timeshare between Wedgewood and him (with Wedgewood being still the main man)

You can quote me on this, don't expect Brayden Point to sit out. His contract will be done before the Lightning season starts
exo2769 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2019 à 18 h 22
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Hedman77
I LOVE YOU BRISEBOIS

also he confirmed in an interview that he's looking to trade domingue. sad but expected :c

When did he confirm that? Source?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage