SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Haydn Fleury (1 Year / $850,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 juill. 2019 à 9 h 37
Haydn Fleury has signed a new contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.
Contrat standard
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Don Waddell
Durée: 1 an
Valeur: 850 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA (Arb)
% Cap Info-bulle: 1,04
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineHurricanes de la Caroline
Date de signature: 16 juill. 2019
Source: CapFriendly

Haydn Fleury a signé un contrat de 1 ans d'une valeur de 850 000 $ avec les Hurricanes de la Caroline, le 16 juill. 2019. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 850 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2019-20850 000 $850 000 $0 $0 $850 000 $850 000 $850 000 $
TOTAL850 000 $850 000 $0 $0 $850 000 $850 000 $850 000 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 892 500 $
16 juill. 2019 à 9 h 42
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
getting one year is not a good sign
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: mondo

But for 850K?
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 15
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324

What else was he gonna get? He only played 20 games last season and was a healthy scratch otherwise. With De Haan gone, he now has an opportunity to grab a regular lineup spot. He didn't deserve anything more than a year.
Brian2016 et thelastlongbow a aimé ceci.
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Has he been that big of a bust, or what? 7th overall pick! I think Jake Bean will slot in on CAR's 3rd pair. Fleury is destined for another season of AHL or healthy scratch.
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 49
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
What else was he gonna get? He only played 20 games last season and was a healthy scratch otherwise. With De Haan gone, he now has an opportunity to grab a regular lineup spot. He didn't deserve anything more than a year.

was he too good for the ahl? i feel like if you're 22 year old defensemen is under-performing you put him the ahl so he gets playing time, rather than in the press box
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 54
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: Brian2016
Has he been that big of a bust, or what? 7th overall pick! I think Jake Bean will slot in on CAR's 3rd pair. Fleury is destined for another season of AHL or healthy scratch.
*shrug* the NHL draft is a big ol' guessing game. talent dropoff in the draft doesn't correlate one-to-one with overall draft number. the 7th overall pick is not by definition better than the 8th or 9th overall pick, as can be seen from literally every draft ever.
and, given the one-way nature of his contract, I'd expect him to stick around on the roster. Bean's only had one season in the AHL, and defenders have more facets of their game to pay attention to and develop than forwards, so I wouldn't assume he's destined to make the roster.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
16 juill. 2019 à 10 h 57
Sensible Commentary
was he too good for the ahl? i feel like if you're 22 year old defensemen is under-performing you put him the ahl so he gets playing time, rather than in the press box
he did play 28 games for the Checkers.
I would imagine the coaching staff saw that he was probably too good for the AHL. things that defenders do well aren't usually apparent from stat sheets.
16 juill. 2019 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 68
Finally getting that full time roster spot. Nice. smile
16 juill. 2019 à 16 h 2
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
*shrug* the NHL draft is a big ol' guessing game. talent dropoff in the draft doesn't correlate one-to-one with overall draft number. the 7th overall pick is not by definition better than the 8th or 9th overall pick, as can be seen from literally every draft ever.
and, given the one-way nature of his contract, I'd expect him to stick around on the roster. Bean's only had one season in the AHL, and defenders have more facets of their game to pay attention to and develop than forwards, so I wouldn't assume he's destined to make the roster.

Sounds pretty fair. I was just looking at their AHL numbers and the fact that Bean is 2 years younger than Fleury. Also, CAR was one of the deepest teams in the league last season at D so one of them will step in for De Haan.
16 juill. 2019 à 16 h 27
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Should look to trade him soon
16 juill. 2019 à 23 h 39
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
But for 850K?

Will he even play a full NHL season?
Do you even need cap-space this year?
16 juill. 2019 à 23 h 50
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
But for 850K?

Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

he did play 28 games for the Checkers.
I would imagine the coaching staff saw that he was probably too good for the AHL. things that defenders do well aren't usually apparent from stat sheets.

Quoting: EmperorFun
Finally getting that full time roster spot. Nice. smile

Sounds pretty fair. I was just looking at their AHL numbers and the fact that Bean is 2 years younger than Fleury. Also, CAR was one of the deepest teams in the league last season at D so one of them will step in for De Haan.

Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Should look to trade him soon

If the Leafs were interested in some of your young bottom-pair / bubble defensemen:

What would the ask be for each?
Who is best/worst out of the group?
Who has the most potential?
Most trade value?

I ask because I haven't really seen any of them play ... so all I know if their numbers:

RD - Rolly McKeener
RD - Trevy van Dyker
LD - Haydy McFleury
LD - Jakey Beaner
LD - Trevy Carrick
LD - Gussy Forsling
16 juill. 2019 à 23 h 56
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: drewjenks
If the Leafs were interested in some of your young bottom-pair / bubble defensemen:

What would the ask be for each?
Who is best/worst out of the group?
Who has the most potential?
Most trade value?

I ask because I haven't really seen any of them play ... so all I know if their numbers:

RD - Rolly McKeener
RD - Trevy van Dyker
LD - Haydy McFleury
LD - Jakey Beaner
LD - Trevy Carrick
LD - Gussy Forsling
I'm gonna give you some props for those hockey nicknames (if only because they're likely actually more creative than the ones actual hockey players use). Fleury's nickname should absolutely be "McFlurry," if it's not already.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage