SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Artturi Lehkonen (2 Years / $2,400,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 juill. 2019 à 15 h 23
MountRoyal514
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 257
Quoting: Danny12357
I would have liked to see MB push to try and get a bit of a steal on a 3-4 year deal. This seems a good AAV, but Lehkohnen is solid at both ends, and if he's basically a good 200ft 3rd line player putting up 35 points, anything under $3M is going to be reasonable even if he never takes a step forward, so I would have liked to see a bet on him maybe producing a little more as the team improves around him, just try and buy the years until he 28 now for something like $2.8M or so. I mean even if he doesn't improve he likely keeps getting raises on that $2.4M contract now anyway.

I like the signing but completely agree with this, at just 2 years he has to be re-signed in the Habs cap-crunch summer of 2021 with Gallagher and Danault and other notables as UFAs, although 2 of them, Petry and Tatar,, may not be resigned at all by that point, so that in and of itself might help bypass that issue...
12 juill. 2019 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: MountRoyal514
I like the signing but completely agree with this, at just 2 years he has to be re-signed in the Habs cap-crunch summer of 2021 with Gallagher and Danault and other notables as UFAs, although 2 of them, Petry and Tatar,, may not be resigned at all by that point, so that in and of itself might help bypass that issue...

I think that's the point. MB has lots of cap space and at that point, we can see what Lehkonen really is. He's also still an RFA so it's a win-win
MountRoyal514 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage