Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Shatty to ANA trade

Créé par: mytduxfan
Équipe: 2019-20 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 10 juill. 2019
Publié: 10 juill. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I have seen too many terrible trade suggestions regarding Shatty that I felt compelled to make this. If NYR wants to move Shatty's full cap hit so they can re-sign Trouba, Buch, Lemieux and Deangelo, they're going to have to pay like TOR did to move Marleau's contract.

Shatty has been bad in NY and even worse since his injury. His point totals are way down and he's not exactly known for his defence. Just like Marleau, he's massively overpaid and NY have better players that need signing. How is the NYR-Shatty situation any different from the TOR-Marleau situation?
Transactions
ANA
  1. Shattenkirk, Kevin
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
If top 10 in 2020, ANA get unprotected 1st in 2021.
NYR
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2020 (ANA)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de NYR
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $54 651 258 $0 $2 315 000 $26 848 742 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 498 925 $1 498 925 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 456 250 $1 456 250 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
863 333 $863 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 541 000 $1 541 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 133 333 $1 133 333 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
UFA - 8
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
Logo de Rangers de New York
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 200 000 $$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 602 778 $2 602 778 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
697 500 $697 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juill. 2019 à 7 h 41
Being wrong is ok
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Just responded look at my post again. NYR aren't going to give up a first round for the next couple of years trust me.
nchest a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 7 h 43
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,967
5 stars
10 juill. 2019 à 7 h 52
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 266
Good luck with that. They may retain salary our add a B prospect to move him, but they are still rebuilding, so not giving up a 1st to move out a contract
10 juill. 2019 à 7 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 462
Modifié 10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 6
Quoting: Slezzy21
Just responded look at my post again. NYR aren't going to give up a first round for the next couple of years trust me.

I disagree. Going after Panarin with such a huge contract and trading for Trouba, those were "we're going for it" type deals. As such, I don't think NYR is as tied to their 1st and you seem to be suggesting, especially one with conditions on it in case things don't pan out.

However, assuming you are right, fine! they won't move Shatty and they'll have to move other players, who are contributing more than Shatty (i.e. Kreider), to sign Trouba, Lemieux, Buch, and Deangelo. No team is going to help out NYR with their cap dumps. If they were, TOR would have gotten a much better deal on the Marleau dump.

Anyway, IMO, it makes little sense for NYR to go after Panarin and Trouba to try and make the team better, but then move out players they need because they don't want to pay the 1st round pick to move a guy who is dragging the team down, especially considering that they should be of the belief that said pick is going to be a late rounder because they've just improved the team so much.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: nchest
Good luck with that. They may retain salary our add a B prospect to move him, but they are still rebuilding, so not giving up a 1st to move out a contract

Even retaining 50% would give you 11.3 M to sign Trouba, Buch, Lemieux and Deangelo. Trouba wants 8M, so that's 3.3 for Buch (20 goal scorer), Lemieux and Deangelo (30 pt D-man). "Good luck with that". Buch alone is probably looking at 3-4M.

I am sure TOR would have liked to add a B prospect to Marleau to dump his contract, but I guess that wasn't an option or they would have done it. This isn't the only option that NYR has, but if you are going to go the "move Shatty's full contract" route, it's going to cost a 1st round pick.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 469
Buddy you are smoking the good ish if you think they trade a First (in a LOADED draft) to get rid of Shatty. He isn't even the problem on the blueline compared to smith and staal... They 100% buy him out before they do this deal.
mlbrunner16 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 50
mlbrunner16
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with every single statement made in this entire thread... the NYR are not going to trade him as he has not been as bad as some people on this site think. He has had 1 bad season since coming to NYR due to injury. If they were to do anything regarding cap, it's going to be moving players that they see as not part of the future, or they buy out a player like brendan smith or send him down and trade a guy like strome or namestnikov. The marleu cal dump was terrible IMO as they are still in a situation that isnt favorable to keeping their guy regardless and gave up a 1st for it. The rangers are not in the same situation either and have a lot more options.
BSpadaro83 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BSpadaro83
Buddy you are smoking the good ish if you think they trade a First (in a LOADED draft) to get rid of Shatty. He isn't even the problem on the blueline compared to smith and staal... They 100% buy him out before they do this deal.

Quoting: mlbrunner16
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with every single statement made in this entire thread... the NYR are not going to trade him as he has not been as bad as some people on this site think. He has had 1 bad season since coming to NYR due to injury. If they were to do anything regarding cap, it's going to be moving players that they see as not part of the future, or they buy out a player like brendan smith or send him down and trade a guy like strome or namestnikov. The marleu cal dump was terrible IMO as they are still in a situation that isnt favorable to keeping their guy regardless and gave up a 1st for it. The rangers are not in the same situation either and have a lot more options.

The point of the thread wasn't to say that NYR should trade Shatty, but more that, if they do decide to trade Shatty, then it is going to cost a 1st round pick. I have seen too many threads showing Shatty to ANA for Ritchie or a 3rd @ 50% retained. It's just nonsense. He's a cap dump. You may say he's "not that bad", but he's certainly not good and certainly not the player he was in STL. He's scoring half of the points he used to, getting similar PP time (less overall TOI though, which says a lot), and let's not pretend like "he's improved defensively" at 29-30 years of age. I agree that he's probably not your biggest problem on the backend (Brenden Smith), but let's not pretend like you are happy with him and his cap hit.

Buying out Smith makes sense simply because he's bad, but it won't free up enough cap to sign everyone. You're going to have to move players out, players that are contributing (Kreider) or players that are going to cost you too move (Namestnikov). Not to mention, if you move out Kreider or Strome, who replaces them? You can't just thrust kids into positions they are not ready to play.

Anyway, I think I am going off topic. In summary, moving Shatty is an option for NYR. One that I could see happening based on my view of the team and what the organisation has done to date. It will cost a lot to do, but may result in the best overall team for NYR. Other less costly options are available to NYR, but may not yield the best team NYR could ice. It will be interesting to see either way.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 11 h 50
Quoting: mytduxfan
The point of the thread wasn't to say that NYR should trade Shatty, but more that, if they do decide to trade Shatty, then it is going to cost a 1st round pick. I have seen too many threads showing Shatty to ANA for Ritchie or a 3rd @ 50% retained. It's just nonsense. He's a cap dump. You may say he's "not that bad", but he's certainly not good and certainly not the player he was in STL. He's scoring half of the points he used to, getting similar PP time (less overall TOI though, which says a lot), and let's not pretend like "he's improved defensively" at 29-30 years of age. I agree that he's probably not your biggest problem on the backend (Brenden Smith), but let's not pretend like you are happy with him and his cap hit.

Buying out Smith makes sense simply because he's bad, but it won't free up enough cap to sign everyone. You're going to have to move players out, players that are contributing (Kreider) or players that are going to cost you too move (Namestnikov). Not to mention, if you move out Kreider or Strome, who replaces them? You can't just thrust kids into positions they are not ready to play.

Anyway, I think I am going off topic. In summary, moving Shatty is an option for NYR. One that I could see happening based on my view of the team and what the organisation has done to date. It will cost a lot to do, but may result in the best overall team for NYR. Other less costly options are available to NYR, but may not yield the best team NYR could ice. It will be interesting to see either way.

Your mistake is equating Marleau to Shatty and expecting a similar outcome. They are not analogous, and that is why the whole foundation of your argument is flawed.
10 juill. 2019 à 11 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Your mistake is equating Marleau to Shatty and expecting a similar outcome. They are not analogous, and that is why the whole foundation of your argument is flawed.

The only difference is age and position. Cap hit is similar, number of years left on contract is more for Shattenkirk, both had NTC/NMCs, what am I missing?
10 juill. 2019 à 12 h 2
Quoting: mytduxfan
The only difference is age and position. Cap hit is similar, number of years left on contract is more for Shattenkirk, both had NTC/NMCs, what am I missing?

Lol. Nothing different except these two major things regarding a #2RD who is only 30 coming off injury compared to at 3rd at best line winger who is 39 and fell off a cliff ... also the Rangers Cap position is significantly different than Toronto, who had to get Kap, AJ, and still Marner under contract, where the rangers can re sign their RFA's to bridges, long extend Trouba, and just trade some spare parts to get under the cap for a positive return. Are you serious bruh?
mlbrunner16 a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 12 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 10 juill. 2019 à 13 h 7
Lol. Nothing different except these two major things regarding a #2RD who is only 30 coming off injury compared to at 3rd at best line winger who is 39 and fell off a cliff ... also the Rangers Cap position is significantly different than Toronto, who had to get Kap, AJ, and still Marner under contract, where the rangers can re sign their RFA's to bridges, long extend Trouba, and just trade some spare parts to get under the cap for a positive return. Are you serious bruh?

Yeah, players will fall off as they get older. What's Shatty's excuse? Oh, a knee injury he had surgery for over a year ago. He played 73 games this season bro and put up worse pts/G numbers than the year he was supposedly "playing in pain". To says he's a #2RD at this point is a big stretch. He's never been strong defensively, but made up for that by putting up 10+ goals and 40-45 pts a season. At his best he was a #2RD behind Bouwmeester . Now he's still suspect defensively, but isn't putting up the 10+ goals and 40-45pts to make up for it . How is he still a #2RD exactly? He's more like a #3RD with an opportunity to bounce back (heard the same excuse with Kesler, Perry, and Eaves - never happened), more than Marleau at least. However, Marleau only had 1 year on his deal, while Shatty has 2 at 6+M. Yes, Marleau and Shatty are not the same people, but both are under-performing players on extremely unattractive contracts and they both held/hold power with those NTC/NMCs.

TOR could have just moved AJ and Kap. NYR can just move Kreider and Strome. That's a perfectly legitimate option. I was just under the impression that, by going after Trouba and Panarin, the NYRs management were looking to make a good run this year. However, if you're telling me they'll keep Shatty to move out players that are contributing more to the team, then fine. Clearly I misjudged the NYRs management. It would appear totally counter-intuitive to me, but clearly you know better.

P.S. The bridge is dead, good luck getting Buch under 3.5M. Trouba wants 8M. Deangelo is going to get paid too. Gonna need at least $15-16M to get all those guys locked up. Just a cool $7M to find. Good luck.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage