SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Marleau Buyout

9 juill. 2019 à 6 h 29
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Carolina's decision to buy out the final season of Patrick Marleau's contract? I just noticed that CAR will be charged the entire $6.25M cap hit in 2019-20. If they wouldn't save any cap space by buying him out, why not just keep him. He's obviously still capable of putting up respectable numbers, albeit in the 3rd line role. Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious, but I'd appreciate the feedback. Thx.
9 juill. 2019 à 8 h 19
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,626
Quoting: Brian2016
Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Carolina's decision to buy out the final season of Patrick Marleau's contract? I just noticed that CAR will be charged the entire $6.25M cap hit in 2019-20. If they wouldn't save any cap space by buying him out, why not just keep him. He's obviously still capable of putting up respectable numbers, albeit in the 3rd line role. Maybe I'm just overlooking something obvious, but I'd appreciate the feedback. Thx.

Marner being a plus 35 signing......his 6.25m had to assume by some team. Carolina agreed to take his 6.25m cap hit. and 3m in buyout money in exchange for a first round pick. Leafs were happy to get 6.25m cap space by giving the first rounder

Marleau's NMC was factor. He didn't want to play in Carolina, he wanted the freedom to sign back in San Jose.....we'll see if that ever happens. So Marleau would only waive his NMC if he was going to be bought out. By accepting the buyout he loses about 1m...really insignificant for someone who has made 90m in NHL salary. Watching Marleau's declining play last season. Is he really NHL capable for full NHL schedule?
Brian2016 et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2019 à 9 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: palhal
Marner being a plus 35 signing......his 6.25m had to assume by some team. Carolina agreed to take his 6.25m cap hit. and 3m in buyout money in exchange for a first round pick. Leafs were happy to get 6.25m cap space by giving the first rounder

Marleau's NMC was factor. He didn't want to play in Carolina, he wanted the freedom to sign back in San Jose.....we'll see if that ever happens. So Marleau would only waive his NMC if he was going to be bought out. By accepting the buyout he loses about 1m...really insignificant for someone who has made 90m in NHL salary. Watching Marleau's declining play last season. Is he really NHL capable for full NHL schedule?

Thx. That's exactly what I was looking for.
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: Brian2016
Thx. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I would have forced him to play saying he can get suspended without pay for all I care smile... Or maybe I'd trade him retaining half his salary or so if it was cheaper than buying out smile...
11 juill. 2019 à 10 h 7
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,626
Quoting: Daoloth
I would have forced him to play saying he can get suspended without pay for all I care smile... Or maybe I'd trade him retaining half his salary or so if it was cheaper than buying out smile...

Forced him to play? Marleau only waived his NMC if he was being bought out. And even at that once Marleau received his July 1st bonus, his pay for actually playing in 2019.20 is only about 2m,, not much different than a buyout. Point his you really can't trade him because no other teams wants 6.25m cap hit....or even half of it. And being a plus 35 signing....some team has to have his 6.25m cap hit and its Carolina.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage