SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Buffalo Sabres signed Marcus Johansson (2 Years / $4,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 32
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: drewjenks
What did Buffalo do that makes you feel like they're "winning the off-season?"

I think the Skinner contract will end up being the worst of the summer (especially in a few years).

I don't see how Buffalo's off-season could even be compared to the Rangers or Leafs ... for example:

THE RANGERS GOT THIS:

Artemi Panarin
Jacob Trouba
Adam Fox
Kaapo Kakko
Brandon Lemieux
Darren Raddysh
Gregg McKegg
2ND - 2019
3RD - 2020
3RD - 2021
4TH - 2019
7TH - 2019
7TH - 2020

FOR THIS:

Mats Zuccarello
Adam McQuaid
Jimmy Vesey
Neal Pionk
Ville Heinola
2ND - 2019
3RD - 2020

How would you compare that to Buffalo's off season?

It's not even close. 12 months ago the Rangers were looking at a 3-4 year playoff drought while they rebuild. Now, they're at the very least, playoff contenders...and maybe more. I hate admitting that they played their hand near perfect as a Devils fan, but...

BUF is still a pretty good ways off from playoff contention. And yes, the Skinner contract was a mistake long term b/c they won't be contenders until he's on the backend of the 8 year deal.
drewjenks a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 34
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
I thought MoJo was looking for 5X5? I realize that number was unrealistic, but he settled for less term AND less $$. I think it's the injury concerns, b/c he's def. worth it when 100% healthy.
7 juill. 2019 à 12 h 42
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Brian2016
Never know, but the Metro is shaping up to be highly competitive next season. In fact, you can make an argument for 6 outta 8 teams to win the division given the major roster shakeups this summer. I doubt CBJ will make it, but ever other team is capable. CAR will probably regress too but PHI, NYR, and NJD are all substantially improved on paper. I can make the case for all of them, plus WASH, PIT, and NYI. I'm gonna pick at least 2 of the 3 NYC area teams to make the playoffs.

I think Columbus could still make it. I don't see it, but i wouldn't be absolutely shocked if it happens. The Metro doesn't seem to be as good at the top than the Atlantic but t's a deeper division with more good/decent teams. I mean, there's a chance we see 3 make it.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 13 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
Quoting: Skyraider112

I think the Skinner contract will end up being the worst of the summer (especially in a few years).

It's funny how people think Skinner is an overpay, but don't say the same thing about Panarin. On a per point basis, they're nearly identical.

Based on 2018-2019 stats:
Skinner - $9,000,000/ 63points = $142,857
Panarin - $11,642,857/ 87points = $133,825
7 juill. 2019 à 15 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
I don't get why everyone is voting yes here. He is an older forward that has been steadily producing less and less these las two seasons. I wasn't impressed at all with his play in Boston either; very low energy and doesn't seem to have the top 6 caliber anymore. That said, he still might have use as a utility type forward that can move around the lineup playing 3rd line, pk, pp, and move up to top 6 if needed. 4.5 for 2 seems a bit steep though for somebody who is trending down and barely hit 10 goals last season.
7 juill. 2019 à 18 h 18
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: oilersfan089
I don't get why everyone is voting yes here. He is an older forward that has been steadily producing less and less these las two seasons. I wasn't impressed at all with his play in Boston either; very low energy and doesn't seem to have the top 6 caliber anymore. That said, he still might have use as a utility type forward that can move around the lineup playing 3rd line, pk, pp, and move up to top 6 if needed. 4.5 for 2 seems a bit steep though for somebody who is trending down and barely hit 10 goals last season.

how is he an "older forward"? Hes 28 years old and only signed for 2 years...

I disagree about him "trending down" too. The last 2 seasons he has scored at about a 0.5PPG rate (while adjusting to 2 different teams play style in the last 2 season), compared to his career average of 0.58PPG. You are using his career year (58 points in 16-17) as a baseline and saying he has been "steadily producing less and less" the last 2 years. For the majority of his career he has been in the 40-50 point range when he plays a full season, and the last 2 years he was on pace for his point totals to fall in that range even when he has had to adjust to new teams so often.

Its also funny how you say he barely hit 10 goals last season when he had 13G in 58GP (0.224G/GP), while his career average is 0.204G/GP
7 juill. 2019 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Quoting: moli92
how is he an "older forward"? Hes 28 years old and only signed for 2 years...

I disagree about him "trending down" too. The last 2 seasons he has scored at about a 0.5PPG rate (while adjusting to 2 different teams play style in the last 2 season), compared to his career average of 0.58PPG. You are using his career year (58 points in 16-17) as a baseline and saying he has been "steadily producing less and less" the last 2 years. For the majority of his career he has been in the 40-50 point range when he plays a full season, and the last 2 years he was on pace for his point totals to fall in that range even when he has had to adjust to new teams so often.

Its also funny how you say he barely hit 10 goals last season when he had 13G in 58GP (0.224G/GP), while his career average is 0.204G/GP

Two years removed from playing at his top level. 28 isn't young anymore in this league; it's basically the new 32. Ya it's only a 2 year deal but I still think they'll regret it by next season.
7 juill. 2019 à 19 h 38
Sabres are elite
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,304
Quoting: drewjenks
Are they good players though?

Would New York trade Panarin for all 4 of them combined? (Johanasson, Dea, Lazar and Gilmour). Would they trade Trouba, Kakko or Fox for them?

The answer is a hard no in all situations IMO.

Would you agree?

Im refering to Miller, Vesey, Montour, and Johansson as the 4 good players we acquired since TDL...
wojme a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 23 h 56
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Buffalo trying to sneak into playoffs making some decent trades/moves/signings... Would be interesting to see if they can make playoffs after all the hype last season only to falter after winning double digit games in a row wink.
8 juill. 2019 à 9 h 43
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 769
Quoting: Daoloth
Buffalo trying to sneak into playoffs making some decent trades/moves/signings... Would be interesting to see if they can make playoffs after all the hype last season only to falter after winning double digit games in a row wink.

Yep. Still a young team. People are sleeping on Dahlin and the difference he is going to make in year 2.
8 juill. 2019 à 10 h 11
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: worldwidesensei
It's funny how people think Skinner is an overpay, but don't say the same thing about Panarin. On a per point basis, they're nearly identical.

Based on 2018-2019 stats:
Skinner - $9,000,000/ 63points = $142,857
Panarin - $11,642,857/ 87points = $133,825

The difference is Skinner is very streaky and inconsistent. If he's not scoring goals, he's not doing much else. Whereas Panarin can do more than score, he can also create for his linemates and he is one of the elite offensive forces in the league.
11 juill. 2019 à 0 h 52
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: worldwidesensei
Yep. Still a young team. People are sleeping on Dahlin and the difference he is going to make in year 2.

I like your picture icon smile... Yeah I almost forgot about Dahlin until was looking up something... They got a pretty solid looking defense compared to last year... Risto many think will get traded, I guess if he does that team wins the Stanley Cup like Blues getting O'Reilley who had a lot of the same press or kinda things said about him smile. My biggest concern for them is how their goalies play, I'm not sold on either one of them or really totally against them. They moved Nylander or so, I didn't think much of him or a few of their forwards they took w/ early draft picks wink...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage