Will Marner Sign an Offer Sheet?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 juill. 2019 à 0 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: mondo
he's not getting an offer sheet.

absolutely wild people think he's worth 12.5 million after one season playing with one of the best centres in the league.

I don't really think he is worth money would take my chances on Laine before him... Least he is good for 30+ goals... Some guy getting assists who never scored 30 goals isn't special enough... I'd only really invest the max 4 Draft Pick compensation on a right shot D-man like a Burns or Drew Doughty 5-10 years ago smile... Even HEdman or Giordona left shot guys I wouldn't even consider offering them it... Super Mario maybe but not wayne... Since Super Mario made everybody on team better, even guy who scored 50 goals w/ him on line spent rest of career basically in AHL smile. So unless getting an impact player like that I wouldn't do it... That said teams like Kings can't draft in 1st round or other franchises don't have NHL rigging lottery for them like Chicago/Rangers/Devils to get a top 3 impact type player smile...
11 juill. 2019 à 10 h 23
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: Daoloth
I don't really think he is worth money would take my chances on Laine before him... Least he is good for 30+ goals... Some guy getting assists who never scored 30 goals isn't special enough... I'd only really invest the max 4 Draft Pick compensation on a right shot D-man like a Burns or Drew Doughty 5-10 years ago smile... Even HEdman or Giordona left shot guys I wouldn't even consider offering them it... Super Mario maybe but not wayne... Since Super Mario made everybody on team better, even guy who scored 50 goals w/ him on line spent rest of career basically in AHL smile. So unless getting an impact player like that I wouldn't do it... That said teams like Kings can't draft in 1st round or other franchises don't have NHL rigging lottery for them like Chicago/Rangers/Devils to get a top 3 impact type player smile...

These are some of the worst takes I've seen.
Brian2016 et UpsideDownQue a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2019 à 12 h 31
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I don't care what some troll has to think who can't say anything that is beyond a personal attack against myself... "Worst Takes I've Ever seen"... Really, so you just do these little replies attacking me or others without any context... Your stupid icon is the worst thing I've ever seen or take on an icon... Why... Well I don't need any seasons or have to give any details... I have over 1K posts doing mostly 1 line petty attacks...

Basically for somebody slow like yourself on a post that was stated not to be overly serious in its context... I would not be paying max compensation for a player most likely unless it was a franchise right shot D-man in their prime not their decline... That has value, its about supply/demand, Mariner is a guy who has a lot of supply compared to demand... There is a high demand for right shot D-men, especially #1 level who can play 25-30 minutes a game... While other positions there is a lot more supply to meet that demand...

See there is something called supply and demand in economics... You clearly don't have a clue about anything... Nor for having so many posts would I doubt that is the worst thing... Rangers has like 25K posts on here but don't seem to even know where Islanders are playing or that they got a new arena by talking about Barclays which is going to be in the past soon smile. I would just beat you up if ever said something this stupid to me in person... Oh wait you wouldn't, cuz only trolls live on the internet or under bridges... HOw is that for a take idiot? Don't even comment about me or reply to my posts... You are just trolling me, doing personal attacks without context and have nothing of value to say in the over 1K posts I've read of yours...

Take Care loser...

What do you mean i don't even know where the Islanders are playing? What are you talking about?
11 juill. 2019 à 13 h 15
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191

Basically for somebody slow like yourself on a post that was stated not to be overly serious in its context... I would not be paying max compensation for a player most likely unless it was a franchise right shot D-man in their prime not their decline... That has value, its about supply/demand, Mariner is a guy who has a lot of supply compared to demand... There is a high demand for right shot D-men, especially #1 level who can play 25-30 minutes a game... While other positions there is a lot more supply to meet that demand...

marner has the highest point total over the past three years for all offer sheet eligible players, and is 22nd in total point in the past three years. pretty there is a demand for that.
11 juill. 2019 à 17 h 37
Below Market Value
I don't care what some troll has to think who can't say anything that is beyond a personal attack against myself... "Worst Takes I've Ever seen"... Really, so you just do these little replies attacking me or others without any context... Your stupid icon is the worst thing I've ever seen or take on an icon... Why... Well I don't need any seasons or have to give any details... I have over 1K posts doing mostly 1 line petty attacks...

See there is something called supply and demand in economics... You clearly don't have a clue about anything... Nor for having so many posts would I doubt that is the worst thing... Rangers has like 25K posts on here but don't seem to even know where Islanders are playing or that they got a new arena by talking about Barclays which is going to be in the past soon smile. I would just beat you up if ever said something this stupid to me in person... Oh wait you wouldn't, cuz only trolls live on the internet or under bridges... HOw is that for a take idiot? Don't even comment about me or reply to my posts... You are just trolling me, doing personal attacks without context and have nothing of value to say in the over 1K posts I've read of yours...

Take Care loser...

Lol I'm a troll for disagreeing with your assessments? Okay then. You likely put more personal attacks in this one comment than I have in half of the 1,000+ comments I've left.
rangersandislesfan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Lol I'm a troll for disagreeing with your assessments? Okay then. You likely put more personal attacks in this one comment than I have in half of the 1,000+ comments I've left.

You really have to wonder why nobody tried to steal McDavid w/ an offer sheet of around $15M. He's certainly much, much more valuable than Marner and rumors are flying about a potential OS of around $12.5M. As far as the supply/demand argument goes, demand for 90+ point scorers is ridiculously high and demand is almost nonexistent. How else can you land a 21 year old 90+ point scorer from another team w/o an OS?
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 33
torontos finest
Quoting: Brian2016
You really have to wonder why nobody tried to steal McDavid w/ an offer sheet of around $15M. He's certainly much, much more valuable than Marner and rumors are flying about a potential OS of around $12.5M. As far as the supply/demand argument goes, demand for 90+ point scorers is ridiculously high and demand is almost nonexistent. How else can you land a 21 year old 90+ point scorer from another team w/o an OS?

the player has to accept the offer sheet, and that year the oilers just made it to the conference finals. can't imagine he wanted to leave.
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 44
Démarrer sujet
the player has to accept the offer sheet, and that year the oilers just made it to the conference finals. can't imagine he wanted to leave.

You're right about the player having to sign the OS, but I guess my point is that McDavid's contract sure seems like an excellent value now. He was never available as an RFA b/c he signed a year early, if my memory serves me well. I just can't believe a team would consider $12.5M for Marner given what McDavid signed for. And Draisaitl is probably an even better value at $8.5M. I can see these negotiations w/ Marner dragging on til Sept. or even longer.
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 47
torontos finest
You're right about the player having to sign the OS, but I guess my point is that McDavid's contract sure seems like an excellent value now. He was never available as an RFA b/c he signed a year early, if my memory serves me well. I just can't believe a team would consider $12.5M for Marner given what McDavid signed for. And Draisaitl is probably an even better value at $8.5M. I can see these negotiations w/ Marner dragging on til Sept. or even longer.

you're correct about mcdavid - he signed a year early.

marner has to be signed before the season starts though. rfa's signing in the season messes with the cap hit for the first year, and if marner is getting anything within the range people are saying (9-11 mil), his first year cap hit is going to be extremely high.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 52
Black Lives Matter

I think we all know the player has to sign the offer sheet, right? If the player didn't have to, someone would have offer sheeted Marner at 700K or something lol.
11 juill. 2019 à 22 h 53
Black Lives Matter
Well, realistically no one would have offer sheeted him at 700K, but we'd see a lot more offer sheets if the player didn't have to agree lol.
12 juill. 2019 à 10 h 15
Below Market Value

Both McDavid's and Draisaitl's deals pre-dated the explosion of RFA contracts, so I bet no one even thought to give him anything higher than $13 million; although you could even say that they started the wave, followed by Eichel and then Matthews. Now both of their deals seem either very reasonable (McDavid) or an absolute steal (Draisaitl) especially since both got the full 8 years so Edmonton can take full advantage of the term and don't have to worry about an earlier, larger payment due to early UFA status, i.e. Matthews and Aho.

Now younger players are finally starting to realize their value/worth to the team and will start demanding high-dollar contracts that either take them straight to UFA status or only buy up a year of UFA status. I'd argue that Matthews really started that wave when he signed only a 5-year deal at an eight-figure cap hit, which was pretty unheard of at the time. Now Marner is wanting something similar, and Aho just signed a similar deal.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2019 à 0 h 56
Démarrer sujet
It now more than ever seems like Marner is looking for the same exact deal that Matthews got, at a minimum. The term is the big obstacle.Marner seems to want 5 years, like Matthews. SportsNet suggests trading Nylander may be on the horizon. They should've done that last summer. They'll never get full market value for him after the season, and especially postseason, he just had. I just don't know who else they could possibly move. Johnson and Kapanen are signed at such reasonable levels. Maybe they should trade his rights to the Devils in exchange for Taylor Hall and Jesper Bratt.
13 juill. 2019 à 1 h 27
torontos finest
It now more than ever seems like Marner is looking for the same exact deal that Matthews got, at a minimum. The term is the big obstacle.Marner seems to want 5 years, like Matthews. SportsNet suggests trading Nylander may be on the horizon. They should've done that last summer. They'll never get full market value for him after the season, and especially postseason, he just had. I just don't know who else they could possibly move. Johnson and Kapanen are signed at such reasonable levels. Maybe they should trade his rights to the Devils in exchange for Taylor Hall and Jesper Bratt.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-columbus-blue-jackets-among-teams-that-have-talked-to-mitch-marner-s-camp-about-offer-sheet-1.1336526

teams are talking to marner but there's the problem of a) he wants to stay in toronto (big shocker) and b) toronto will match.

also it sounds like term is a sticking point too: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/cc9hhh/friedman_on_31_thoughts_columbus_talked_with/

and lmao at trading nylander.
13 juill. 2019 à 2 h 37
Démarrer sujet
https://www.tsn.ca/report-columbus-blue-jackets-among-teams-that-have-talked-to-mitch-marner-s-camp-about-offer-sheet-1.1336526

teams are talking to marner but there's the problem of a) he wants to stay in toronto (big shocker) and b) toronto will match.

also it sounds like term is a sticking point too: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/cc9hhh/friedman_on_31_thoughts_columbus_talked_with/

and lmao at trading nylander.

Just for the record, trading Nylander was Elliot Friedman's idea. I suppose he couldn't find a way to fit Marner at $11M+ otherwise. I agree w/ you that TOR should/would match pretty much any offer sheet. Their core is too good now to trade away for draft picks that won't contribute until Tavares is 31 and Matthews is 2 years away from UFA. Their window is wide open now. Marner is a cornerstone of the franchise. I just don't see them keeping Nylander long term. Hopefully (for Leafs fans), he'll bounce back big time next season and his trade value will rise. B/c right now, they'd have to pay someone to take his ridiculous $7M cap hit.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage