Will Marner Sign an Offer Sheet?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 juill. 2019 à 16 h 31
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: palhal
Apparently, Aho was really being stymied by the Canes negotiations. Canes apparently had just offered a one year deal and an eight year deal, much to Aho's dissatisfaction. Montreal filled the void by offershetting Aho (why didn't any other team)? Aho probably thinks it's about 1.5m per year short but hey he got his contract and now UFA freedom in 5 years.
You're right about Point. Undoubtedly he will take less to stay in Tampa. What's his tipping point though? a 1.5m difference, a 3m difference per year?
Still overpaying a RFA and giving up four first rounders is a dangerous game for the new team.

Yeas, and he has told teams he doesn't want to sign an offer sheet. At least that's what i heard.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 16 h 32
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal

My sources are telling me if he does get offer sheeted, it won't be the Leafs who offer sheet him.
palhal a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 16 h 40
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PrisonBull
I love it when teams offer sheet anyone. It builds up rivalries.

If NYI does the deed - nice payback for Taveres signing.
Or NJD to solidify their buildup to a Cup run.

Many other teams could be willing to help another team hurt Toronto in freeing up cap space for an offer. Though these teams don't have a lot of cap space remaining, Toronto has OS'd Dallas (Craig) and Vancouver (Ohlund).

Just to build up rivalries? Even if that's what you think makes sense, it doesn't work for the Isles. First, Tavares is a Leaf and there's no changing that right now. We need to just move on. I remember last year when we gave up McAdam for Matt Martin, helping out Toronto's cap situation but also bringing back one of our key players from a few years before. I think the Martin trade worked out well for us. He's a 4th liner but a really key 4th liner for the Islanders. And some people thought, "Why do that? It helps out the Islanders but why also help out Toronto at the same time after they signed JT?" And people were kidding about Lamoriello, but they still joked that he was secretly working for the Leafs and went to the Islanders to help out the Leafs, not signing Tavares and then helping out Toronto's cap situation. JT made that decision and the Islanders tried to sign him, but after that it was done. He was a Toronto Maple Leaf. The Islanders moved on, which, in my opinion, was a good idea. Forget about Tavares leaving, move on and do what's best for the team.

But let's just say if ... IF the Islanders decide they want to get Toronto back, how? If they take Marner they're giving up 4 1sts. It's basically JT+4 1sts for Marner. Toronto "wins" that "trade". So, if that's their only reason, then why do it? Toronto got Tavares and we got nothing. Marner is a totally different situation as he is an RFA. The evil thing for the Islanders to do would be stealing Matthews from the Leafs in 2024. I think he'll re-sign in Toronto but it's too hard to predict 5 years from now. If Matthews leaves, i wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Arizona. Usually it would be a Coyote leaving for Toronto because that's where he always wanted to play, but what about a Leafs player leaving and going to the Coyotes, the team he used to cheer for? tears of joy
palhal et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 18 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Just to build up rivalries? Even if that's what you think makes sense, it doesn't work for the Isles. First, Tavares is a Leaf and there's no changing that right now. We need to just move on. I remember last year when we gave up McAdam for Matt Martin, helping out Toronto's cap situation but also bringing back one of our key players from a few years before. I think the Martin trade worked out well for us. He's a 4th liner but a really key 4th liner for the Islanders. And some people thought, "Why do that? It helps out the Islanders but why also help out Toronto at the same time after they signed JT?" And people were kidding about Lamoriello, but they still joked that he was secretly working for the Leafs and went to the Islanders to help out the Leafs, not signing Tavares and then helping out Toronto's cap situation. JT made that decision and the Islanders tried to sign him, but after that it was done. He was a Toronto Maple Leaf. The Islanders moved on, which, in my opinion, was a good idea. Forget about Tavares leaving, move on and do what's best for the team.

But let's just say if ... IF the Islanders decide they want to get Toronto back, how? If they take Marner they're giving up 4 1sts. It's basically JT+4 1sts for Marner. Toronto "wins" that "trade". So, if that's their only reason, then why do it? Toronto got Tavares and we got nothing. Marner is a totally different situation as he is an RFA. The evil thing for the Islanders to do would be stealing Matthews from the Leafs in 2024. I think he'll re-sign in Toronto but it's too hard to predict 5 years from now. If Matthews leaves, i wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Arizona. Usually it would be a Coyote leaving for Toronto because that's where he always wanted to play, but what about a Leafs player leaving and going to the Coyotes, the team he used to cheer for? tears of joy

The offer sheet for Marner WOULD be disastrous for TOR b/c they’re built to win NOW. At least that’s the plan, right? Losing Marner would be crushing, even w/ the compensation Losing Marner would leave the Leafs w/ a major hole on the top line and top PP unit.
If the Leafs plan on being Cup contenders while Tavares is still in his prime years losing Marner isn’t an option. For this reason, I believe Dubas will match ANY offer sheet under $13M. I know that’s a crazy number, but the cost of losing their top playmaker would be far greater.
PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 19 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 148

Well one could say that losing JT gave you cap space in return. tears of joy

An offer sheet on Marner would significantly harm the Leafs. Today is a great day for it but what Kawhi know?
Brian2016 et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 19 h 49
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PrisonBull
Well one could say that losing JT gave you cap space in return. tears of joy

An offer sheet on Marner would significantly harm the Leafs. Today is a great day for it but what Kawhi know?

A Marner offer sheet would either give the Leafs cap space in return AND give them 4 1sts OR make it harder for their cap without them losing the player.
6 juill. 2019 à 19 h 51
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Brian2016
The offer sheet for Marner WOULD be disastrous for TOR b/c they’re built to win NOW. At least that’s the plan, right? Losing Marner would be crushing, even w/ the compensation Losing Marner would leave the Leafs w/ a major hole on the top line and top PP unit.
If the Leafs plan on being Cup contenders while Tavares is still in his prime years losing Marner isn’t an option. For this reason, I believe Dubas will match ANY offer sheet under $13M. I know that’s a crazy number, but the cost of losing their top playmaker would be far greater.

Yeah, and it's kind of getting them back if Toronto matches a 12.5M offer sheet. And same if Toronto loses Marner. But it's not as bad as the Leafs getting Tavares for nothing but cap space. And anyway, it doesn't matter. No point in doing it just to get them back. Not worth giving up the 4 1sts for an overpaid Marner.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 20 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Yeah, and it's kind of getting them back if Toronto matches a 12.5M offer sheet. And same if Toronto loses Marner. But it's not as bad as the Leafs getting Tavares for nothing but cap space. And anyway, it doesn't matter. No point in doing it just to get them back. Not worth giving up the 4 1sts for an overpaid Marner.

It's an interesting question though. If you're TOR would you rather have Marner at $12.5M cap hit or the four 1st rounders and the $12.5M in cap space? What if you're MTL, NJD, or NYI? I think the answer is different for each team. All depends on how far along each team is in their development. I would argue that since the Leafs are furthest ahead in their development they'd be least likely to give up Marner in exchange for the draft picks. A team like the Devils, who are very young, might wanna keep the rebuild going and hang on to their picks and cap space.
6 juill. 2019 à 20 h 16
Black Lives Matter
It's an interesting question though. If you're TOR would you rather have Marner at $12.5M cap hit or the four 1st rounders and the $12.5M in cap space? What if you're MTL, NJD, or NYI? I think the answer is different for each team. All depends on how far along each team is in their development. I would argue that since the Leafs are furthest ahead in their development they'd be least likely to give up Marner in exchange for the draft picks. A team like the Devils, who are very young, might wanna keep the rebuild going and hang on to their picks and cap space.

If i'm NYI, NJD, MTL or any team, really (except maybe Toronto) i wouldn't give up 4 1sts for an overpaid Marner. Toronto already has a 1st in 3 of the next 4 years, but other teams would lose a whole bunch. The other reason not for other teams is using the offer sheet can be a bad idea because it might change anything involving both those GMs in the future.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 23 h 19
Démarrer sujet
If i'm NYI, NJD, MTL or any team, really (except maybe Toronto) i wouldn't give up 4 1sts for an overpaid Marner. Toronto already has a 1st in 3 of the next 4 years, but other teams would lose a whole bunch. The other reason not for other teams is using the offer sheet can be a bad idea because it might change anything involving both those GMs in the future.

If I thought I could get Marner for two 1st's, a 2nd, and a 3rd I would pull the trigger. But not for four 1st's...no way, not even close. But why not target someone else who's not necessarily gonna bring as high of a return as Marner. I'm thinking about Kyle Connor who will definitely not break the 8.45M threshold. Why not offer 8 years at 8.45M? Can and will the Jets match that and keep Laine? I wouldn't be surprised at all if either Connor or Laine, or both, wanted to explore leaving WPG.

Other offer sheet options are sparse, especially at the upper end of the talent pool. WPG could face cap issues that teams like VAN (Boeser), COL (Rantanen), and CBJ (Werenski) probably won't be faced with. So why not offer sheet the crap out of Kyle Connor? I can't possibly imagine the Jets growing $8.45M at Connor and then another $10-11M on Laine.
palhal a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 23 h 37
Black Lives Matter
If I thought I could get Marner for two 1st's, a 2nd, and a 3rd I would pull the trigger. But not for four 1st's...no way, not even close. But why not target someone else who's not necessarily gonna bring as high of a return as Marner. I'm thinking about Kyle Connor who will definitely not break the 8.45M threshold. Why not offer 8 years at 8.45M? Can and will the Jets match that and keep Laine? I wouldn't be surprised at all if either Connor or Laine, or both, wanted to explore leaving WPG.

Other offer sheet options are sparse, especially at the upper end of the talent pool. WPG could face cap issues that teams like VAN (Boeser), COL (Rantanen), and CBJ (Werenski) probably won't be faced with. So why not offer sheet the crap out of Kyle Connor? I can't possibly imagine the Jets growing $8.45M at Connor and then another $10-11M on Laine.

Winnipeg doesn't have big cap problems. I don't know why people say they do. Also, Boeser can't be offer-sheeted. First, i don't think you can offer sheet a player for 8 years. I might be wrong though. Is the 7 year limit the rule for UFAs only or can RFAs get an 8th year from another team? And can the team owning the player's rights sign him for 8 years after July 1st? I think you can do that, right? But i don't think another team can offer 8 years. Correct me if i'm wrong. I wouldn't offer Connor 8.45X7 because a) i'm not so sure he's worth that. He's good but that looks like maybe a bit too much. Not too bad, but I wouldn't lose 4 1sts for Connor. Winnipeg wouldn't match that. If you can get 4 1sts instead of overpaying Kyle Connor, it's probably worth it. Connor isn't worth 4 1sts. You're saying you wouldn't give up 4 1sts for Marner, but you'd give up 4 1sts for Connor. Am i right? I'd rather have Marner over Connor. I wouldn't give up 4 1sts for Marner but i'd rather that than give up 4 1sts for Connor.

Laine is going to have a very good career in my opinion. He just needs to play less Fortnite. I heard he played 14 hours in one day once ... that could have something to do with the season he had. I know a lot of his goals came in November this past year, but he's scored 30 goals in all his seasons in the NHL. Unless it's something absolutely crazy that's getting offered, I'd match a Laine offer sheet if I'm the Jets. He's too big a part of their future.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2019 à 23 h 56
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
I'm hearing from my sources that Marner may or may not be offer sheeted. It might happen today, but it might not. If it doesn't happen today, then it might happen tomorrow, but it might not. If it doesn't happen today or tomorrow, then it might happen eventually. But it also might not. If he does get offer sheeted i am hearing it will be somewhere from the league minimum to the league maximum cap hit, for somewhere from 1 year to the maximum allowed. I'm also hearing that if he is offer sheeted, it will be by one of these teams: Anaheim, Arizona, Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Vegas, Washington, and Winnipeg. So, he might be offer sheeted, but he might not. If it happens, it may or may not be today. That's what i'm hearing from my sources.

Thats more conditoins than the draft picks in the ekrik karlson trade
rangersandislesfan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Winnipeg doesn't have big cap problems. I don't know why people say they do. Also, Boeser can't be offer-sheeted. First, i don't think you can offer sheet a player for 8 years. I might be wrong though. Is the 7 year limit the rule for UFAs only or can RFAs get an 8th year from another team? And can the team owning the player's rights sign him for 8 years after July 1st? I think you can do that, right? But i don't think another team can offer 8 years. Correct me if i'm wrong. I wouldn't offer Connor 8.45X7 because a) i'm not so sure he's worth that. He's good but that looks like maybe a bit too much. Not too bad, but I wouldn't lose 4 1sts for Connor. Winnipeg wouldn't match that. If you can get 4 1sts instead of overpaying Kyle Connor, it's probably worth it. Connor isn't worth 4 1sts. You're saying you wouldn't give up 4 1sts for Marner, but you'd give up 4 1sts for Connor. Am i right? I'd rather have Marner over Connor. I wouldn't give up 4 1sts for Marner but i'd rather that than give up 4 1sts for Connor.

Laine is going to have a very good career in my opinion. He just needs to play less Fortnite. I heard he played 14 hours in one day once ... that could have something to do with the season he had. I know a lot of his goals came in November this past year, but he's scored 30 goals in all his seasons in the NHL. Unless it's something absolutely crazy that's getting offered, I'd match a Laine offer sheet if I'm the Jets. He's too big a part of their future.

If Connor signed an OS at $8.45M then WPG would only receive one 1st's one 2nd, and one 3rd-the same comp MTL would have paid to CAR. I wouldn't be willing to go up to the next tier for Connor, though the whole point of an offer sheet is to over pay a player sufficient that his current team can't/won't retain him. On the other hand, Laine is untouchable if I'm K.C. He's certainly one of the most valuable young players in the game today. Not McDavid or Matthews valuable, but def. in that next tier.

I think you're right about the rules regarding 7/8 year contracts for RFA'S, and I'm also pretty sure that a player's current team can offer 8 years max regardless of the time of season...unless that player was acquired in an EK type transaction, but I could be wrong.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Thats more conditoins than the draft picks in the ekrik karlson trade

Agreed. But EK is 29 and OTT was probably gonna lose him for nothing after the last season and weren't gonna make the playoffs w/ or w/o him.
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 28
Black Lives Matter
If Connor signed an OS at $8.45M then WPG would only receive one 1st's one 2nd, and one 3rd-the same comp MTL would have paid to CAR. I wouldn't be willing to go up to the next tier for Connor, though the whole point of an offer sheet is to over pay a player sufficient that his current team can't/won't retain him. On the other hand, Laine is untouchable if I'm K.C. He's certainly one of the most valuable young players in the game today. Not McDavid or Matthews valuable, but def. in that next tier.

I think you're right about the rules regarding 7/8 year contracts for RFA'S, and I'm also pretty sure that a player's current team can offer 8 years max regardless of the time of season...unless that player was acquired in an EK type transaction, but I could be wrong.

What is the rule with the EK situation? What was it that stopped him from signing an 8-year extension earlier? Also, with UFAs they can't sign for 8 years anywhere on or after July 1st (maybe before FA actually starts on July 1 but i think it's as soon as the clock hits midnight Eastern).

If Connor signs for 8.45MX7 that's 4 1st round picks. Not at all worth it for the other team. Laine i'd match basically any offer sheet for. If it's 10MX7 i'd have to match it. It sounds crazy maybe, but I wouldn't let him go. He didn't have a very good year for him, but he's a really good player, and will have a very good career IMO. The Jets have been losing players and the goal is to win now. Some people have them missing the playoffs but the goal is still to win now. If it's like 13MX7 i'd let him go but it would have to be something crazy like that.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 37
Démarrer sujet
What is the rule with the EK situation? What was it that stopped him from signing an 8-year extension earlier? Also, with UFAs they can't sign for 8 years anywhere on or after July 1st (maybe before FA actually starts on July 1 but i think it's as soon as the clock hits midnight Eastern).

If Connor signs for 8.45MX7 that's 4 1st round picks. Not at all worth it for the other team. Laine i'd match basically any offer sheet for. If it's 10MX7 i'd have to match it. It sounds crazy maybe, but I wouldn't let him go. He didn't have a very good year for him, but he's a really good player, and will have a very good career IMO. The Jets have been losing players and the goal is to win now. Some people have them missing the playoffs but the goal is still to win now. If it's like 13MX7 i'd let him go but it would have to be something crazy like that.

I think EK had to wait until after the 2019 trade deadline. Probably why Mark Stone was able to extend immediately after Vegas acquired him.
7 juill. 2019 à 1 h 39
Démarrer sujet

Media has been speculating Marner at around $12M+ AAV. Would you rather have Marner or Laine? I know I'd rather have the 110G in 3 seasons.
7 juill. 2019 à 3 h 14
Black Lives Matter
I think EK had to wait until after the 2019 trade deadline. Probably why Mark Stone was able to extend immediately after Vegas acquired him.

What's the rule though?
7 juill. 2019 à 3 h 15
Black Lives Matter
Media has been speculating Marner at around $12M+ AAV. Would you rather have Marner or Laine? I know I'd rather have the 110G in 3 seasons.

After this past season, probably Marner.
7 juill. 2019 à 23 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
The only teams that could possibly offer sheet him are teams that are already close to contending for the Cup. Otherwise, giving up four 1st rounders is suicide. Those picks will be high 1st rounders on non-contenders. That leaves teams like the Islanders, Devils, and MTL as possible teams. LAK would still suck next season even w/ Marner.

Kings would least be a fringe playoff team if they signed Mariner if he is half the player people claim him to be... I"d rather them sign Laine from JEts since he is good for 30+ goals while Mariner never scored 30 in a season... HE is more setup so would fit Islanders much better... Also Devils had 1st overall pick twice in rigged lottery in 3 years... Kings since coming in as expansion never had 1st overall pick... Kings never drafted a forward in the top 10 who got paid 10M or more a season, Kopitar was 11th overall the same pick as the current bust Vilardi... Drew Doughty was 2nd overall, Kings have a real bad history in first round... Dustin Brown draft they had 3 first rounders getting him w/ Boyle and Tambellin... IN 2008 they had 2 1st rounders passing on King Karl at 13th to reach for Teubert but they landed Voynov in 2nd round... Knights had 3 first round picks but all the guys drafted before Glass will probably be better than him or anybody they took in initial draft...

Kings losing 4 first rounders to get a player like Mariner or even Laine would be wroth it... They could move Martinez back to playing LD where he belongs as a left shot... Ditch forbot, got some young D-men so it would probably be enough to get into playoffs in Pacific w/ Mariner or Laine. Kings could give offer that is right before the 4 first rounders too... Really 4th overall Kings drafting guys like Hickey or Aki Berg around there... 5th overall they took a bust in Turcotte for them besides Schenn... Lots of guys Exelby, Luke Schenn I think were drafted in top 10 or 5th overall only to basically bust or game changes making their value nill to nothing...

Islanders signing Laine or especially Mariner to offer sheet would be great to diss Canada smile. Mariner I think fits in better on Islanders since they got more players able to score 30-40+ goals... I think Lee had like 40 goals, Brock NElson I Think is good for like 20-30ish... SEems they got more goal scorers compared to Kings who really got nothing... Carter/Toffoli combined didn't even hit 30... Kopitar is more a setup guy, even Vilardi is more an assist over goal scorer... Ilya looks like he isn't going to crack 20-30 goals on Kings but new coach might help since prior guy didn't like or use him. Either way Kings I think got enough cap space so its pointless to have 20M or so locked into Drew/Kopitar if not going to try to do something to win now smile. I don't see why they signed DRew to that contract if team is in such shambles its just really stupid smile.
8 juill. 2019 à 0 h 46
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth
Kings would least be a fringe playoff team if they signed Mariner if he is half the player people claim him to be... I"d rather them sign Laine from JEts since he is good for 30+ goals while Mariner never scored 30 in a season... HE is more setup so would fit Islanders much better... Also Devils had 1st overall pick twice in rigged lottery in 3 years... Kings since coming in as expansion never had 1st overall pick... Kings never drafted a forward in the top 10 who got paid 10M or more a season, Kopitar was 11th overall the same pick as the current bust Vilardi... Drew Doughty was 2nd overall, Kings have a real bad history in first round... Dustin Brown draft they had 3 first rounders getting him w/ Boyle and Tambellin... IN 2008 they had 2 1st rounders passing on King Karl at 13th to reach for Teubert but they landed Voynov in 2nd round... Knights had 3 first round picks but all the guys drafted before Glass will probably be better than him or anybody they took in initial draft...

Kings losing 4 first rounders to get a player like Mariner or even Laine would be wroth it... They could move Martinez back to playing LD where he belongs as a left shot... Ditch forbot, got some young D-men so it would probably be enough to get into playoffs in Pacific w/ Mariner or Laine. Kings could give offer that is right before the 4 first rounders too... Really 4th overall Kings drafting guys like Hickey or Aki Berg around there... 5th overall they took a bust in Turcotte for them besides Schenn... Lots of guys Exelby, Luke Schenn I think were drafted in top 10 or 5th overall only to basically bust or game changes making their value nill to nothing...

Islanders signing Laine or especially Mariner to offer sheet would be great to diss Canada smile. Mariner I think fits in better on Islanders since they got more players able to score 30-40+ goals... I think Lee had like 40 goals, Brock NElson I Think is good for like 20-30ish... SEems they got more goal scorers compared to Kings who really got nothing... Carter/Toffoli combined didn't even hit 30... Kopitar is more a setup guy, even Vilardi is more an assist over goal scorer... Ilya looks like he isn't going to crack 20-30 goals on Kings but new coach might help since prior guy didn't like or use him. Either way Kings I think got enough cap space so its pointless to have 20M or so locked into Drew/Kopitar if not going to try to do something to win now smile. I don't see why they signed DRew to that contract if team is in such shambles its just really stupid smile.

tears of joy
8 juill. 2019 à 3 h 36
Démarrer sujet
tears of joy

The Drew Doughty contract isn't the problem. He's one of the elite D's in the league. The problem in LAK is the following underperforms: Carter, Kovalchuk, and Toffoli account for $16M+ AAV. All three were terrible last season. Then, they're paying Phaneuf $8M+ over the next 4 seasons to "just go away." They're still paying Mike Richards, and will continue to pay him, for about another decade. And finally, they have not gotten any meaningful contributions from their young players. I don't blame them too much for this b/c they depleted their draft picks and prospect stockpiles during their Cup runs.

There it is: The myriad reasons LAK are terrible and will finish bottom 2 again next season in the Pacific. And bringing in Mitch Marner, or anyone else for that matter, will not be enough to propel them into the playoffs. They won 2 Cups...And now they need to rebuild.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2019 à 18 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
The Drew Doughty contract isn't the problem. He's one of the elite D's in the league. The problem in LAK is the following underperforms: Carter, Kovalchuk, and Toffoli account for $16M+ AAV. All three were terrible last season. Then, they're paying Phaneuf $8M+ over the next 4 seasons to "just go away." They're still paying Mike Richards, and will continue to pay him, for about another decade. And finally, they have not gotten any meaningful contributions from their young players. I don't blame them too much for this b/c they depleted their draft picks and prospect stockpiles during their Cup runs.

There it is: The myriad reasons LAK are terrible and will finish bottom 2 again next season in the Pacific. And bringing in Mitch Marner, or anyone else for that matter, will not be enough to propel them into the playoffs. They won 2 Cups...And now they need to rebuild.

There is no point paying Drew Doughty 11M a year on a team going no place... Jeff Carter had a bad season not recovering from injury while playing with trash... Dustin Brown I'm shocked hasn't been bought out yet when he was churning out those 30ish point seasons at nearly 6M cap hit... Kings are in $$$$$hitpit Pacific where only Sharks seem likely to be lock to make playoffs if anybody at all... I call it that since there is a lot of money sunk on certain players without anything to show for it....

Kings cap issues are as follows...
Quick 5.8M cap hit has been their worst goalie costing them Martin Jones, Ben Bishop, and Darcy Kuemper to name a few who performed better... They got Jack/Cal who both better than him...
Brown 5.75M cap hit... I had him being bought out but he had better season but Kings too stupid to trade him...
Ilya UpChuck 6.25M cap hit on a team that needed a right shot D-man if anything not another over priced winger past his prime a decade ago or 5+ years smile...
Those guys alone are nearly 18M when factor in trash like Forbort making 2M+ its over 20M for trash crap... Add another 21M for Kopitar/Drew its clearly why Kings are not winning that 3rd cup this year.

Essentially for 42M dollars of payroll over 50% Kings have Dung Doughty, Krapitar, Brown, Quick, and Ilya smile...

Having 16M+ is still better than Vegas who has over 17M for 5 D-men that all suck... Really over 18M if factor in minimum 700K or Engellend's contract smile. Vegas will be in last place without any Cups... Kings got 2 more Cups than Vancouver who has President's trophy or Division titles compared to the Kings 1 smile. Sharks still can't win a cup but sinking in all that money haha... Kings would easily be fringe playoff team in weak Pacific w/ Laine or Mariner as offer sheet free add though... Getting rid of Forbort makes their defense vastly better... Moving Martinez back to left side where he belongs helps matters too... All their young D-men are better than any of the older ones they had like Forbort or Phaneuf smile. Roy they are kinda high on, Walker is alright, LaDue seems constantly in dog house... They only have to play combined like 25-35 minutes a game w/ Drew on right side... Joakim Ryan was decent even if he is a 3rd pair... Ryan, Forbort, Martinez, MacDermid, Clague, Brickley, any of them is probably better than anything Knights got shooting left or right haha... They got Durzi or so from the Muzzin trade if he pans out this year it would help matters...

I think Kings were stupid to sign Kopitar to 10M, I"d trade his ass before signing him for anything in that range... His knee injuries or other issues are enough... Drew can only decline, they should have traded him for value as well... If team moved on from both of them, traded or bought out Brown they would be in better shape... Sooner they fire Blake the better, he screwed up losing every trade he has made. His drafts are not looking great w/ Vilardi seeming to be another bust like Turcotte will be for them... Both were ranked 4th for North American Skaters from site Wikipeida uses smile... While the 2nd place European skaters won Calder for Canucks in Vilardi draft I wonder how the Russian who they took at like 10th will do smile.

Kings would be in much better position to win a cup if had moved on from Quick, Brown, not kept Forbort, never traded for Phaneuf... Banned Gaborik from playing in those stupid world cups that ended his career getting hurt in game he scored like 2 goals in. Still to shed his 4.85M or so, Blake ends up taking on like 7M if include other player he got from Senators in that deal... Then another 6M for stupid Ilya move? So they spend about 13M instead of having Gaborik's 4.85M or so as LTIR smile. Mike Richards contract will be on books for Kings longer then Luc, Blake, or that idiot coach they just hired smile. I can't wait until Turcotte refuses to sign with Kings smile. If Kings need to rebuild why would they hire the worst possible coach for something like that smile? If he can't win w Sharks or Oilers, I guess they figure this will get them a lottery pick smile? Montreal has 5 1st overall picks, Oilers are 2nd w/ like 4 of them wink... Almost all 4 in a small span like 3 in a row then McDavid... Kings never drafted 1st overall so maybe if they had league rigging lottery for them instead of against they would have talent instead of trash smile? Kings never hit on a forward in top 10 that is making 10M or more a year smile. So I guess they would find a way to take Aki Berg or Hickey even if they had a decent pick smile...
10 juill. 2019 à 9 h 43
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
he's not getting an offer sheet.

absolutely wild people think he's worth 12.5 million after one season playing with one of the best centres in the league.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2019 à 10 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mondo
he's not getting an offer sheet.

absolutely wild people think he's worth 12.5 million after one season playing with one of the best centres in the league.

Anything over $10.45M would be absolutely insane. It'll never happen at the highest tier of comp. I'd rather have Aho straight up, and he was only offered $8.5Mish. I think the offer sheet conversation has pretty much ended anyway, at least for the super high end guys. Point isn't going anywhere, Rantanen neither, and Laine and Connor are gonna be stuck in WPG.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage