Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 juill. 2019 à 0 h 30
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Daoloth
Well yeah its a joke since Colorado made such a bad trade they might as well sign him to replace Barrie smile. I figured Barrie or Kerfoot are the best player in the deal only to both end up with same team making it pretty lopsided... Its hard to find a QB on PP like a Barrie who can put up double digits without being a total liability... I remember people laughed at me when I wanted Kings to trade for Schultz telling me he is 1 sided offensive D-man or laughing about other BS... Kings would trade for SEkera/Phaneuf to get a RD when needed a right shot RD passing on Petry and Schultz... Among others which we saw how well that worked out for them smile.

Saros is too small to replace Rinne like those who think Dell can play as starter for Sharks... Kings had some short backup goalie who used to play on Buffalo but can't remember name... I think Avalanche w/ Barrie had a blue line that could win a cup... Now adding Kadri/moving Kerfoot I think it hurts the team chemistry along w/ blue line/talent... Rinne has injury issues too if recall all the goalies that played for them like Hutton among others... He just don't have it when it comes to SCF, he usually chokes badly in playoffs too... Halak among many other goalies like Budaj would struggle or choke in playoffs even if did great in regular season. Byram I expect to play right out of the gate no doubt for Avalanche... Erik Johnson is kinda old so would have rather moved him over Barrier personally smile...

Rangers will make playoffs unless their play in net is totally horrible... How far they get really depends on the luck of draw... Devils I think will be pretty good, remember they were nearly winning division for a long time before recently flubs smile. Trouba is the man if he can stay healthy it will pan out better than Shattenkirk signing by far smile. Nice to see american in major market where he might get enough attention for some Norris Trophy consideration... I don't think he will be the second coming of BRian Leetch but he should be better than what the had for a long time wink.

I'd say Barrie>Kadri>Kerfoot right now, but it will be interesting to see what Kerfoot can do in the future. He's still pretty young, i believe. I remember people telling me i was stupid when i said Schultz just needed a new team. Everyone was saying he wasn't worth anything and that he would be absolutely terrible anywhere he ended up. I said he needed a new team and look how that turned out. I also said Aho wouldn't be offer sheeted THE SAME DAY he got offer sheeted. So, i've made some wrong predictions too smile ... I think the problem was that Colorado may or may not have been able to keep Barrie, but i still don't like this deal for them because thinks about it. Kadri is better than Kerfoot now, but there's not a big difference, and Kerfoot might not have had his best years yet. Hard to know, but right now it looks like a big win for the Leafs and a loss for the Avalanche. Toronto's defence looks way better from this deal. I will say about the Aho offer sheet that i said in past years that we weren't going to see offer sheets and we didn't. But that's going way off topic lol. Colorado had so many defensemen so maybe that also was something to do with this deal.

Speaking of going off topic, about Rinne, like i said, i think he could bounce back in the playoffs if they make it. Hard to know. I have no stats to show that i'm right, it's just one of those weird feeling things. We all make those predictions that we just feel like will happen for no reason. Whether it's about a player, a team, or whatever. This year in the playoffs I made lots of predictions i just felt like were going to happen, though, and that didn't turn out very well lol. But really, i feel like Rinne could bounce back in the 2020 playoffs. That is, if Nashville is in.

The guy you mentioned for LA who used to play in Buffalo i believe is Cal Petersen. I have no idea what happened to him though. Is he still with LA? I can't remember. I could look it up but don't feel like it lol. I don't remember Rinne having many injuries. I think past injuries are talked about too often. Yes, if a guy has had injuries, that means 2 things. 1) The way he plays the game might get him injured, and 2) it may not mean he's more likely to get injured in the future, but it means if he gets injured, it's worse than it would be normally. You don't want a guy with injury history to get injured. But it's not a luck thing, because past luck doesn't change future luck.

Budaj had that really good year in LA, and then he went to Tampa Bay and then he retired a few years later. Idk what happened to him. That trade changed something, i guess. I know it's been over 2 years, but i'm STILL confused about the Bishop trade to LA. It made no sense. They didn't need a goalie and weren't going to make the playoffs. I don't think they'll trade Quick, even though there's been talk. Obviously the Bishop trade is history though. That's over. Now it's onto what happens with Quick. I think he stays, and so do Kopitar and Doughty. All the others it will be interesting to see what happens with. I saw that Carter may retire if he's traded, but that was before the TDL. Maybe something's changed since then.

I think Lundqvist's stats will be better with a much better defence. I hope Trouba isn't the next Shattenkirk, and i don't think he will be. I just feel like he's a much different player, and he's much younger. Shattenkirk had a pretty good 1st season with NYR, so maybe he bounces back. That contract is pretty bad though. Now that we didn't buy anyone out, we might trade one of Shattenkirk, Staal, and Smith. We'd be paying to move any of those contracts though. Nobody will want them. Hopefully someone is willing to take them, but we'll need to pay the other team. I think the Rangers could have a good year. I don't know if they're a playoff team, but i think we'll be close at least, and maybe we get in. Lundqvist bounces back IMO and i think Panarin plays well. It'll be interesting to see how Fox and Kravtsov do. Kravtsov is going to be playing right away, right? If so, i hope he plays well. Kakko will probably get 50-something points in year 1 IMO.

The East is so much better than it was. Tampa Bay, Boston, and Toronto are all likely to make it. Florida has gotten better. Washington probably gets in. Isles, Canes, and Pens are all potential teams who could fall out, but they're all playoff contenders. I wouldn't say CBJ has no chance yet. At least they got Nyquist. Losing those FAs doesn't help but getting Nyquist makes them not too bad. I think they're a playoff contender. Devils and Rangers are much better, both playoff contenders. And Philly has a very real chance. Back over in the Atlantic, Montreal and Buffalo could potentially get in. That's 14 out of 16 teams with a real decent chance at getting in in the East IMO. That's crazy. I would love to see Devils vs. Rangers in the playoffs. Great rivalry anyway, but also Hughes vs. Kakko. That would be awesome and i'd love to see it. If that does happen, i hope we win that one lol. Rangers fan here.

In the West, you have Nashville, Colorado, Dallas, Winnipeg, and St. Louis all as playoff contenders. Chicago has gotten better, idk if they're there yet but we'll see. Minnesota probably doesn't make it in, even though they got Zucc. They just don't look like a good enough team. Then you have Calgary, San Jose, Vegas, Arizona, and Vancouver all as potential playoff teams in the Pacific. Maybe Edmonton, but idk if they're good enough yet. Maybe if they make more moves before the season that could change something. Anaheim and LA would surprise me if either one gets in. LA has a history of bouncing back after bad years, but i don't see it this time. I'll make my full predictions soon and think about it more. Maybe i'll pick someone like LA or Anaheim or whoever to make the playoffs who i just said has almost no chance, but probably not. I'll think about it more when i make the predictions.

Colorado is a team in the West who i still think should get in. Like i said, scoring after the 1st line could be a problem, but that 1st line is probably the best in the league, or at least one of them. Their D still looks pretty good if Byram plays right away. I expect Makar to be back. Then they have Girard, Johnson, Zadorov, and Cole, like i mentioned. Cole's injury doesn't help them, but they have Connauton. Tons of D depth on that team. Is Francouz going to be their backup? Idk much about him. But Grubauer as a starter is pretty good.

I definitely think this trade makes the Avalanche worse now, but remember Barrie's contract is up after the year. So, maybe it's a good trade. I still think Colorado loses this trade. It doesn't look like a good enough return for Barrie and Kerfoot. It sounds like Rosen isn't expected to be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man. We'll see how it turns out. Toronto now has Rielly, Barrie, Dermott, and Muzzin as their top 4. Way better than before.
3 juill. 2019 à 6 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'd say Barrie>Kadri>Kerfoot right now, but it will be interesting to see what Kerfoot can do in the future. He's still pretty young, i believe. I remember people telling me i was stupid when i said Schultz just needed a new team. Everyone was saying he wasn't worth anything and that he would be absolutely terrible anywhere he ended up. I said he needed a new team and look how that turned out. I also said Aho wouldn't be offer sheeted THE SAME DAY he got offer sheeted. So, i've made some wrong predictions too smile ... I think the problem was that Colorado may or may not have been able to keep Barrie, but i still don't like this deal for them because thinks about it. Kadri is better than Kerfoot now, but there's not a big difference, and Kerfoot might not have had his best years yet. Hard to know, but right now it looks like a big win for the Leafs and a loss for the Avalanche. Toronto's defence looks way better from this deal. I will say about the Aho offer sheet that i said in past years that we weren't going to see offer sheets and we didn't. But that's going way off topic lol. Colorado had so many defensemen so maybe that also was something to do with this deal.

Speaking of going off topic, about Rinne, like i said, i think he could bounce back in the playoffs if they make it. Hard to know. I have no stats to show that i'm right, it's just one of those weird feeling things. We all make those predictions that we just feel like will happen for no reason. Whether it's about a player, a team, or whatever. This year in the playoffs I made lots of predictions i just felt like were going to happen, though, and that didn't turn out very well lol. But really, i feel like Rinne could bounce back in the 2020 playoffs. That is, if Nashville is in.

The guy you mentioned for LA who used to play in Buffalo i believe is Cal Petersen. I have no idea what happened to him though. Is he still with LA? I can't remember. I could look it up but don't feel like it lol. I don't remember Rinne having many injuries. I think past injuries are talked about too often. Yes, if a guy has had injuries, that means 2 things. 1) The way he plays the game might get him injured, and 2) it may not mean he's more likely to get injured in the future, but it means if he gets injured, it's worse than it would be normally. You don't want a guy with injury history to get injured. But it's not a luck thing, because past luck doesn't change future luck.

Budaj had that really good year in LA, and then he went to Tampa Bay and then he retired a few years later. Idk what happened to him. That trade changed something, i guess. I know it's been over 2 years, but i'm STILL confused about the Bishop trade to LA. It made no sense. They didn't need a goalie and weren't going to make the playoffs. I don't think they'll trade Quick, even though there's been talk. Obviously the Bishop trade is history though. That's over. Now it's onto what happens with Quick. I think he stays, and so do Kopitar and Doughty. All the others it will be interesting to see what happens with. I saw that Carter may retire if he's traded, but that was before the TDL. Maybe something's changed since then.

I think Lundqvist's stats will be better with a much better defence. I hope Trouba isn't the next Shattenkirk, and i don't think he will be. I just feel like he's a much different player, and he's much younger. Shattenkirk had a pretty good 1st season with NYR, so maybe he bounces back. That contract is pretty bad though. Now that we didn't buy anyone out, we might trade one of Shattenkirk, Staal, and Smith. We'd be paying to move any of those contracts though. Nobody will want them. Hopefully someone is willing to take them, but we'll need to pay the other team. I think the Rangers could have a good year. I don't know if they're a playoff team, but i think we'll be close at least, and maybe we get in. Lundqvist bounces back IMO and i think Panarin plays well. It'll be interesting to see how Fox and Kravtsov do. Kravtsov is going to be playing right away, right? If so, i hope he plays well. Kakko will probably get 50-something points in year 1 IMO.

The East is so much better than it was. Tampa Bay, Boston, and Toronto are all likely to make it. Florida has gotten better. Washington probably gets in. Isles, Canes, and Pens are all potential teams who could fall out, but they're all playoff contenders. I wouldn't say CBJ has no chance yet. At least they got Nyquist. Losing those FAs doesn't help but getting Nyquist makes them not too bad. I think they're a playoff contender. Devils and Rangers are much better, both playoff contenders. And Philly has a very real chance. Back over in the Atlantic, Montreal and Buffalo could potentially get in. That's 14 out of 16 teams with a real decent chance at getting in in the East IMO. That's crazy. I would love to see Devils vs. Rangers in the playoffs. Great rivalry anyway, but also Hughes vs. Kakko. That would be awesome and i'd love to see it. If that does happen, i hope we win that one lol. Rangers fan here.

In the West, you have Nashville, Colorado, Dallas, Winnipeg, and St. Louis all as playoff contenders. Chicago has gotten better, idk if they're there yet but we'll see. Minnesota probably doesn't make it in, even though they got Zucc. They just don't look like a good enough team. Then you have Calgary, San Jose, Vegas, Arizona, and Vancouver all as potential playoff teams in the Pacific. Maybe Edmonton, but idk if they're good enough yet. Maybe if they make more moves before the season that could change something. Anaheim and LA would surprise me if either one gets in. LA has a history of bouncing back after bad years, but i don't see it this time. I'll make my full predictions soon and think about it more. Maybe i'll pick someone like LA or Anaheim or whoever to make the playoffs who i just said has almost no chance, but probably not. I'll think about it more when i make the predictions.

Colorado is a team in the West who i still think should get in. Like i said, scoring after the 1st line could be a problem, but that 1st line is probably the best in the league, or at least one of them. Their D still looks pretty good if Byram plays right away. I expect Makar to be back. Then they have Girard, Johnson, Zadorov, and Cole, like i mentioned. Cole's injury doesn't help them, but they have Connauton. Tons of D depth on that team. Is Francouz going to be their backup? Idk much about him. But Grubauer as a starter is pretty good.

I definitely think this trade makes the Avalanche worse now, but remember Barrie's contract is up after the year. So, maybe it's a good trade. I still think Colorado loses this trade. It doesn't look like a good enough return for Barrie and Kerfoot. It sounds like Rosen isn't expected to be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man. We'll see how it turns out. Toronto now has Rielly, Barrie, Dermott, and Muzzin as their top 4. Way better than before.

No Cal is a current player who they might use as starter or Jack Campbell... IF I remember right he catches funny with his right hand instead of his left... Buffalo player I would know name if I saw, he bounced around a few teams... HE was there within last few years sometime after moving Martin Jones... Rinne just isn't a money goalie, like Fleury in a SCF he isn't going to play well enough to win it... Fleury only had 1 flash in his entire career vs. Detroit I think it was in SCF... Other then that he would show flaws while Penguins had stacked teams... Islanders I remember were shelling him to point they would use backup in playoffs that can't think of his name 100% atm... Murray emerged from Fleury not being able to get the job done... Rask is another guy who always choked for Boston living in Shadow of Tim Thomas... Bishop is a money goalie but he always gets hurt at worst time in a fluke way... Still need enough luck to stay healthy enough, Roloson, Brodeur, maybe they were still decent in 40's or older... Most goalies pretty much flame or bottom out in 30's or mid 30's. Body breaks down, reflexes slow... So if rely on reflexes like the butterfly goalies used to they would die out pretty quick... Pads change, rules change, certain goalies like Lalime suddenly can't stop a puck... Predators I think had their moment in sun, now that has set, unless they get something better in net...

I think Canes will be better while Penguins can probably still stay in top 8 or make moves to get into playoffs... Flyers I could see going bust, I think Kakko will be better than Hughes... Lots depends on if they play him at center or off wing... Rangers got a lot of money on a few players so they might not be done dealing like how they flipped Vesey for like nothing smile. I've always hated Kadri so any team getting him I think is making a mistake... I would rather pay Barrie knowing I can always find somebody to take a right shot D-man even if they are making more than I want to pay. Colorado might not want to win a Cup or think they are able to play a longer game to get there... I tend to look at things trying to win now or winning every trade not losing talent for trash. Maybe things pan out for them, many mocked him when traded Duche or some other moves he made... I didn't even think that Russian D-man was going to sign, Turris people were saying is better only to have him end up on same team wink. Grub was starting for Capitals in playoffs then got replaced by Holtby or maybe things work out differently. I had suggested Islanders should have signed him, maybe they would have did better long term even if didn't win Jennings smile.
3 juill. 2019 à 10 h 55
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Quoting: Jamiepo
Dubas is now a legend... unbeleavable trade...

only if they win...
3 juill. 2019 à 10 h 55
Black Lives Matter
No Cal is a current player who they might use as starter or Jack Campbell... IF I remember right he catches funny with his right hand instead of his left... Buffalo player I would know name if I saw, he bounced around a few teams... HE was there within last few years sometime after moving Martin Jones... Rinne just isn't a money goalie, like Fleury in a SCF he isn't going to play well enough to win it... Fleury only had 1 flash in his entire career vs. Detroit I think it was in SCF... Other then that he would show flaws while Penguins had stacked teams... Islanders I remember were shelling him to point they would use backup in playoffs that can't think of his name 100% atm... Murray emerged from Fleury not being able to get the job done... Rask is another guy who always choked for Boston living in Shadow of Tim Thomas... Bishop is a money goalie but he always gets hurt at worst time in a fluke way... Still need enough luck to stay healthy enough, Roloson, Brodeur, maybe they were still decent in 40's or older... Most goalies pretty much flame or bottom out in 30's or mid 30's. Body breaks down, reflexes slow... So if rely on reflexes like the butterfly goalies used to they would die out pretty quick... Pads change, rules change, certain goalies like Lalime suddenly can't stop a puck... Predators I think had their moment in sun, now that has set, unless they get something better in net...

I think Canes will be better while Penguins can probably still stay in top 8 or make moves to get into playoffs... Flyers I could see going bust, I think Kakko will be better than Hughes... Lots depends on if they play him at center or off wing... Rangers got a lot of money on a few players so they might not be done dealing like how they flipped Vesey for like nothing smile. I've always hated Kadri so any team getting him I think is making a mistake... I would rather pay Barrie knowing I can always find somebody to take a right shot D-man even if they are making more than I want to pay. Colorado might not want to win a Cup or think they are able to play a longer game to get there... I tend to look at things trying to win now or winning every trade not losing talent for trash. Maybe things pan out for them, many mocked him when traded Duche or some other moves he made... I didn't even think that Russian D-man was going to sign, Turris people were saying is better only to have him end up on same team wink. Grub was starting for Capitals in playoffs then got replaced by Holtby or maybe things work out differently. I had suggested Islanders should have signed him, maybe they would have did better long term even if didn't win Jennings smile.

Who are you talking about for the Kings? Who used to play for Buffalo? Is it Cal Petersen? I just looked him up and he never played for Buffalo, but he was drafted by them. Just never played there. If it's someone else then i have no idea who you're talking about. About Rinne, yes, goalies (and skaters) usually get worse as they get older, but look at a guy like Martin Brodeur in 2012. He was older than Rinne is now and he helped them get to the Stanley Cup Final. Obviously one goalie's team is going to lose in the final. Quick was having a really good playoff and he didn't just suddenly fall off. I'm not comparing Rinne to Brodeur, but i'm just saying Rinne COULD get back to where he was in the 2017 playoffs, and it wouldn't shock me. Some people think he's done and he might surprise those people. If they make it into the playoffs, i'd be really curious to see how he does. That "something better" in net could be Rinne. He's at least been very good in the regular season, so that won't stop them from making the playoffs. This offseason they improved their forwards but made their defence worse. I thought they had a really good top 4 on defence and i'm not sure if trading Subban to sign Duchene was a great idea. It was a risk that worked though. At least they got Duchene. That was a huge risk as they weren't even sure if they'd get Duchene or not. Only reason i'm not sure about it is because of that top 4. It was huge in bringing them to the final a few years ago, and all those guys are still very good. Now their defence isn't as good. Not too bad as they still have Josi, Ekholm, and Ellis. Just saying ... Duchene makes them a lot better. He can be their 1st line centre. My opinion on him kind of changed a bit in the playoffs. He was really good in the playoffs, too, and he definitely adds a lot to the Predators' forward group ... will be interesting to see what happens with Turris. I think they'd have to pay a team to take his contract. I doubt any team would go up to them and say, "will you give us Turris and we give you a pick for him?" I just don't see that happening. The Colorado management overall has done a pretty good job. Lots of people, including me, didn't like what Sakic was doing, waiting out the Duchene thing as an example. Then what did he get for him? The 4th overall pick+ ... Ottawa probably made the right choice to keep the 2018 pick as it was a better draft, but idk enough about Byram. He's probably a #1 d-man, but do you see him being a Norris finalist ever? Could he potentially do that? Who would you rather have? Tkachuk or Byram? And about Colorado's management, these last few moves have confused me a bit. Burakovsky, Soderberg, and now this one. I still don't get this deal for Colorado, but the others also kind of confused me. Overall, though, they're pretty well managed. Funny that they signed Donskoi, because didn't he score the winning goal in game 7 for the Sharks against the Avalanche this year? Maybe not, but i thought he did ... Dennis Wideman, one more thing about him: I knew you were kidding about Colorado signing him, but you don't actually think the linesman "got in his way", do you? Maybe kind of, but you're not saying it was the linesman's fault what happened, are you? Wideman tried to do it, and just made a stupid decision, but it wasn't okay to do that anyway, obviously. I think you were kidding, right?

Grubauer was traded to Colorado, not signed (was signed as an RFA but he wasn't a UFA) ... I think that happened at the 2018 draft. That was when Washington moved Orpik's contract and then Orpik was bought out and signed with Washington again. I thought the Isles could've traded for him, but Washington must have really wanted to move Orpik in the deal. Orpik was actually a really good player, he just wasn't worth his 5.5M contract or whatever it was. Just retired this offseason. I think it's funny that he only scored 3 playoff goals and 2 of them were OT winners ... one of those OT winners even won them a series, unfortunately against the Islanders. So, I don't like what he did that time, but still an interesting stat. I believe he only scored 3 playoff goals ... i think the other was actually in the SCF (2018) but i'm not sure. Colorado did well with the Grubauer trade it looks like. He's a good enough starter IMO.

It'll be really hard for any team in the Metropolitan division to get in. So many good teams in the East. If Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston, and Florida get in, that least 4 out of 8 Metropolitan division teams, and only 3 who can get in if Montreal also makes it. Maybe one of Tampa Bay, Boston, Toronto, and Florida misses. Then that could change things. But it seems like Tampa Bay, Boston, Toronto, Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh, Islanders, Carolina, Rangers, New Jersey, and Philadelphia all SHOULD make it. That's 11 teams, though, so somebody's going to fall out. And then you have Montreal who could get in. I know we see surprises sometimes, but i don't see Ottawa or Detroit making it in. Those teams are just not good enough. Zaitsev is Ottawa's 2nd best defenseman, which says a lot about their defence. Who's their best forward? Idk, maybe Tkachuk, and then their 2nd best might be Ryan. Tkachuk has been very good for them, but i still just can't see them making the playoffs. Detroit just doesn't have the type of team who makes the playoffs. Look at their roster, and you'll see it's not good enough. It's not always about the best team on paper, but I just can't see them making it either. You never know though.

Kakko might be better than Hughes right away. Rangers-Devils could become a big rivalry. I mean, they already kind of are, but especially with Hughes vs. Kakko, and also they're probably both going to be good soon, even if not in 2019-20. And there's a very good chance they both make the playoffs in 2020. I could totally see it happening. I'll make some full predictions in the next week or so probably, still waiting for a few guys to sign. I think at least ONE of the main UFAs still available will probably sign in the next week. It's just gotta happen, right? No guarantees though. Gardiner, Johansson, Dzingel, and Ferland are still there, as well as some others. I really think someone will overpay Gardiner, which will be a really risky move and not a risk worth taking IMO. I would never give him 7X7, just too risky and you'll probably eventually call it a bad contract, but nobody will want to take it unless you give up a crazy amount of value to move him and his contract because of the term of the deal. Just not a good idea IMO.
3 juill. 2019 à 12 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 149
Quoting: HockeyWise
great trade but leafs still won't get past the bruins lol

Hot Take... Bruins miss playoffs this year
3 juill. 2019 à 19 h 35
Who are you talking about for the Kings? Who used to play for Buffalo? Is it Cal Petersen? I just looked him up and he never played for Buffalo, but he was drafted by them. Just never played there. If it's someone else then i have no idea who you're talking about. About Rinne, yes, goalies (and skaters) usually get worse as they get older, but look at a guy like Martin Brodeur in 2012. He was older than Rinne is now and he helped them get to the Stanley Cup Final. Obviously one goalie's team is going to lose in the final. Quick was having a really good playoff and he didn't just suddenly fall off. I'm not comparing Rinne to Brodeur, but i'm just saying Rinne COULD get back to where he was in the 2017 playoffs, and it wouldn't shock me. Some people think he's done and he might surprise those people. If they make it into the playoffs, i'd be really curious to see how he does. That "something better" in net could be Rinne. He's at least been very good in the regular season, so that won't stop them from making the playoffs. This offseason they improved their forwards but made their defence worse. I thought they had a really good top 4 on defence and i'm not sure if trading Subban to sign Duchene was a great idea. It was a risk that worked though. At least they got Duchene. That was a huge risk as they weren't even sure if they'd get Duchene or not. Only reason i'm not sure about it is because of that top 4. It was huge in bringing them to the final a few years ago, and all those guys are still very good. Now their defence isn't as good. Not too bad as they still have Josi, Ekholm, and Ellis. Just saying ... Duchene makes them a lot better. He can be their 1st line centre. My opinion on him kind of changed a bit in the playoffs. He was really good in the playoffs, too, and he definitely adds a lot to the Predators' forward group ... will be interesting to see what happens with Turris. I think they'd have to pay a team to take his contract. I doubt any team would go up to them and say, "will you give us Turris and we give you a pick for him?" I just don't see that happening. The Colorado management overall has done a pretty good job. Lots of people, including me, didn't like what Sakic was doing, waiting out the Duchene thing as an example. Then what did he get for him? The 4th overall pick+ ... Ottawa probably made the right choice to keep the 2018 pick as it was a better draft, but idk enough about Byram. He's probably a #1 d-man, but do you see him being a Norris finalist ever? Could he potentially do that? Who would you rather have? Tkachuk or Byram? And about Colorado's management, these last few moves have confused me a bit. Burakovsky, Soderberg, and now this one. I still don't get this deal for Colorado, but the others also kind of confused me. Overall, though, they're pretty well managed. Funny that they signed Donskoi, because didn't he score the winning goal in game 7 for the Sharks against the Avalanche this year? Maybe not, but i thought he did ... Dennis Wideman, one more thing about him: I knew you were kidding about Colorado signing him, but you don't actually think the linesman "got in his way", do you? Maybe kind of, but you're not saying it was the linesman's fault what happened, are you? Wideman tried to do it, and just made a stupid decision, but it wasn't okay to do that anyway, obviously. I think you were kidding, right?

Grubauer was traded to Colorado, not signed (was signed as an RFA but he wasn't a UFA) ... I think that happened at the 2018 draft. That was when Washington moved Orpik's contract and then Orpik was bought out and signed with Washington again. I thought the Isles could've traded for him, but Washington must have really wanted to move Orpik in the deal. Orpik was actually a really good player, he just wasn't worth his 5.5M contract or whatever it was. Just retired this offseason. I think it's funny that he only scored 3 playoff goals and 2 of them were OT winners ... one of those OT winners even won them a series, unfortunately against the Islanders. So, I don't like what he did that time, but still an interesting stat. I believe he only scored 3 playoff goals ... i think the other was actually in the SCF (2018) but i'm not sure. Colorado did well with the Grubauer trade it looks like. He's a good enough starter IMO.

It'll be really hard for any team in the Metropolitan division to get in. So many good teams in the East. If Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston, and Florida get in, that least 4 out of 8 Metropolitan division teams, and only 3 who can get in if Montreal also makes it. Maybe one of Tampa Bay, Boston, Toronto, and Florida misses. Then that could change things. But it seems like Tampa Bay, Boston, Toronto, Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh, Islanders, Carolina, Rangers, New Jersey, and Philadelphia all SHOULD make it. That's 11 teams, though, so somebody's going to fall out. And then you have Montreal who could get in. I know we see surprises sometimes, but i don't see Ottawa or Detroit making it in. Those teams are just not good enough. Zaitsev is Ottawa's 2nd best defenseman, which says a lot about their defence. Who's their best forward? Idk, maybe Tkachuk, and then their 2nd best might be Ryan. Tkachuk has been very good for them, but i still just can't see them making the playoffs. Detroit just doesn't have the type of team who makes the playoffs. Look at their roster, and you'll see it's not good enough. It's not always about the best team on paper, but I just can't see them making it either. You never know though.

Kakko might be better than Hughes right away. Rangers-Devils could become a big rivalry. I mean, they already kind of are, but especially with Hughes vs. Kakko, and also they're probably both going to be good soon, even if not in 2019-20. And there's a very good chance they both make the playoffs in 2020. I could totally see it happening. I'll make some full predictions in the next week or so probably, still waiting for a few guys to sign. I think at least ONE of the main UFAs still available will probably sign in the next week. It's just gotta happen, right? No guarantees though. Gardiner, Johansson, Dzingel, and Ferland are still there, as well as some others. I really think someone will overpay Gardiner, which will be a really risky move and not a risk worth taking IMO. I would never give him 7X7, just too risky and you'll probably eventually call it a bad contract, but nobody will want to take it unless you give up a crazy amount of value to move him and his contract because of the term of the deal. Just not a good idea IMO.

Jhonas Enroth who is listed at like 5'11, had a .922 save percentage going 7-5 in 16 games for Kings w/ 2.17 GAA for a pretty bad team smile... He played for STars before Kings then a little bit for Toronto... Grubaur I was speculating about Islanders signing or obtaining him since around time he signed that team friendly deal that kept him w/ Capitals longer than most expected he would be... Lehner worked out pretty well for a single season so its hard to get that upset. Odd Islanders end up w/ the guy who became the backup of Grub smile. I gave up on Nashville when they took away the goal Subban scored claiming it was off sides smile. Unless they get something in net I don't see them winning w/ the goalies they have even if the defense is pretty good... No rookie will ever win the Norris in my view unless it was something really blatant... In general for NHL have to have a few good seasons or a really great one prior to ever winning anything... Like Calder didn't go to goalie who wins Stanley Cup but a player on team who didn't even make playoffs wink? Vezina should have went to Jets goalie last year, even this year I think Bishop or Lehner were vastly more deserving then guy who gets tired/burned out on PResident trophy team...

I wanted Kakko a lot more than HUghes my chart for draft prior to rigged lottery looking at it from Kings point of view mostly/Western Conference filter avoiding guys under 6 feet in general... Mostly focused on Defense I had...
Kakko
Byram
Dach as my top tier for their 5th overall... Then if people dropped or whatever I had...
Broberg
Seider
Robertson
Hurley for my next level of Defense mostly... then for later pick or 2nd round I had...
Cozens
Lavoie
Leason
Foote
Beecher
Vlasic

I'm hoping Devils move Kakko to center, Hughes to me is too small he will struggle or fade if he don't get hurt... Playing in East helps if he was in West it would be a lot harder for somebody his size with all that hype to payout smile. I see some teams with cap space seem to have no interest in trying to win now... So some of those free agents are going to have to settle for money a lot less than Hayes or Skinner got wink.
3 juill. 2019 à 20 h 21
Black Lives Matter
Jhonas Enroth who is listed at like 5'11, had a .922 save percentage going 7-5 in 16 games for Kings w/ 2.17 GAA for a pretty bad team smile... He played for STars before Kings then a little bit for Toronto... Grubaur I was speculating about Islanders signing or obtaining him since around time he signed that team friendly deal that kept him w/ Capitals longer than most expected he would be... Lehner worked out pretty well for a single season so its hard to get that upset. Odd Islanders end up w/ the guy who became the backup of Grub smile. I gave up on Nashville when they took away the goal Subban scored claiming it was off sides smile. Unless they get something in net I don't see them winning w/ the goalies they have even if the defense is pretty good... No rookie will ever win the Norris in my view unless it was something really blatant... In general for NHL have to have a few good seasons or a really great one prior to ever winning anything... Like Calder didn't go to goalie who wins Stanley Cup but a player on team who didn't even make playoffs wink? Vezina should have went to Jets goalie last year, even this year I think Bishop or Lehner were vastly more deserving then guy who gets tired/burned out on PResident trophy team...

I wanted Kakko a lot more than HUghes my chart for draft prior to rigged lottery looking at it from Kings point of view mostly/Western Conference filter avoiding guys under 6 feet in general... Mostly focused on Defense I had...
Kakko
Byram
Dach as my top tier for their 5th overall... Then if people dropped or whatever I had...
Broberg
Seider
Robertson
Hurley for my next level of Defense mostly... then for later pick or 2nd round I had...
Cozens
Lavoie
Leason
Foote
Beecher
Vlasic

I'm hoping Devils move Kakko to center, Hughes to me is too small he will struggle or fade if he don't get hurt... Playing in East helps if he was in West it would be a lot harder for somebody his size with all that hype to payout smile. I see some teams with cap space seem to have no interest in trying to win now... So some of those free agents are going to have to settle for money a lot less than Hayes or Skinner got wink.

Forgot about Enroth. Or Enrooth as Don Cherry once called him Sticking Out Tongue ... Enrooth, Hegman, Bieska, etc. Lol, Don Cherry is pretty funny with the names ... about Enroth, I don't think he was good enough to be an NHL starter. Hasn't been in the NHL for a few years now. He was putting up decent numbers with Buffalo and then he just kinda fell off. If i remember correctly, i didn't expect him to be in the league for much longer when he was with Toronto. Idk what happened to him though. He was never a great starter. At one point i would've said he's a really good backup, but then he kinda fell off. Not enough goalie spots, only 62. Lehner worked out for a year, and now he's gone to Chicago, which i'm still surprised by. I hope Lehner has a good year in Chicago. I've become a big fan of him even though he's left the Islanders. Varlamov might be a good fit with us. Hard to know. I thought Grubauer might be going to the Islanders before he went to Colorado, but it didn't work out. Isles must not have wanted to take Orpik and his contract. Orpik was a very key player for the Capitals but at the time he was making 5.5M, which was way too much. I was hoping we'd get Grubauer, and then we got Lehner, so I'm kinda glad we didn't get Grubauer, but at the same time, we'd probably still have him now, and i'd prefer Grubauer over Varlamov. But we'll see how Varlamov does with the Isles.

How did you give up on Nashville after the disallowed goal? It was still tied 0-0 I believe, and it was game 1. Sure, they lost the series, but way too early to give up on a team. And at that point, Rinne was still playing really well. Duchene makes them better, but their defence isn't as good as it was. I don't know what i think of their defence, because they no longer have that really good top 4, but their top 3 is pretty good. Who's their #4 though? Fabbro maybe? It will be interesting to see how he plays. I've heard he's pretty good, and i know he was a 1st round pick in 2016, but is he still seen as a top prospect? Last i heard he was. What do you think of Eeli Tolvanen? Is he expected to play right away? Is he still considered a really top prospect? I know he was, but is he still supposed to be that good?

Rookies winning awards like the Norris and the Vezina i wouldn't expect to happen. It could happen sometime, but i think it's very unlikely. It just always takes a bit longer than 1 year to be a winner of those awards. Even to be a finalist. Dahlin, for example, had a very, very good rookie year. But he wasn't at Norris trophy level IMO. Same with Heiskanen. I wasn't surprised that Binnington wasn't up for the Vezina. He was very, very good, but he didn't play half the season. He didn't play too much less than Lehner and Bishop though. Each played 46 games. That could be the reason Vasilevskiy won it (53 games), but you never get a goalie playing all 82 games ... it just doesn't happen. I kinda thought Bishop would win it, and maybe he should have, but Vasilevskiy isn't a bad pick at all. What i want to know is what happened to his team in the playoffs lol.

What do you mean the "rigged lottery"? The NHL posts a video of the draft lottery and why would it be fake? You're kidding, right? It's real and it's completely random. They don't have it all planned before. They don't just choose the winners. We all know that. And I'm pretty sure you're kidding. Of course, though, there are rumours because of Taylor Hall maybe ... whichever team he plays for always ends up with the 1st overall pick ... unfortunately, that means his team doesn't make the playoffs. But he won a Hart trophy and that year the Devils wouldn't have made the playoffs without him. I don't see how they would have made it. What I find crazy is how many people act like Adam Larsson isn't very good just because he got traded for Taylor Hall. I'd much rather have Hall than Larsson, but that doesn't mean Larsson's bad. Just like how people act like Alexandre Daigle was a bad player. He was actually a pretty good player even in the NHL, and would have been considered much better if he hadn't gone 1st overall. He's not the biggest draft bust of all time. I wouldn't even say it was Patrik Stefan. i'd say Nail Yakupov. Daigle never turned out to be as good as he was expected to be, but he was a pretty good player. Yakupov just wasn't able to stay in the NHL, didn't do what he was expected to do, like Daigle, but Daigle was the better player IMO. The same thing happens with players who have a bad contract. They're considered bad players when it's really just their contract. If Shattenkirk was making 2.5M with the Rangers, people would be saying he's better than they say he is at 6.65M ... I kind of expected we'd buy out a d-man, but that didn't happen. Curious what we're going to do with our cap.

I'm confused about those draft rankings. Were those your top 13? If so, where is Hughes? Robertson, Season, Foote, Beecher, and Vlasic went way lower than that, whether you mean Nick Robertson or Matthew Robertson. I find it so weird when people say "this guy is too small". Cole Caufield is the steal of the draft IMO. He's a potential 40 goal scorer. Maybe even 50 in the NHL. I don't see him getting 50 but it's not impossible. I must be wrong about what you're saying, because i'm confused what these rankings are. Do you have more guys between these players? These weren't actually your top 13, were they? And also, does Hurley mean Harley? If so, do you mean Thomas Harley or Harley Thomas? Sticking Out Tongue

Just imagine Rangers vs. Devils in the playoffs though. That would be awesome. Great rivalry already, but especially with Hughes vs. Kakko. What do you think about Jake Gardiner? I wouldn't give him even 5 years X 6M. Even that's a risk that i don't think is worth taking. If you give him 7X7, the best thing that could happen is he plays up to his contract all 7 years and is an average NHL contract. The worst thing that could happen is he struggles with whatever team he signs with and you're stuck with a HORRIBLE contract for 6 more years that you can't move without giving up more than you'll want to to move him out. I really feel like that would be considered a bad contract at some point.
3 juill. 2019 à 22 h 33
Forgot about Enroth. Or Enrooth as Don Cherry once called him Sticking Out Tongue ... Enrooth, Hegman, Bieska, etc. Lol, Don Cherry is pretty funny with the names ... about Enroth, I don't think he was good enough to be an NHL starter. Hasn't been in the NHL for a few years now. He was putting up decent numbers with Buffalo and then he just kinda fell off. If i remember correctly, i didn't expect him to be in the league for much longer when he was with Toronto. Idk what happened to him though. He was never a great starter. At one point i would've said he's a really good backup, but then he kinda fell off. Not enough goalie spots, only 62. Lehner worked out for a year, and now he's gone to Chicago, which i'm still surprised by. I hope Lehner has a good year in Chicago. I've become a big fan of him even though he's left the Islanders. Varlamov might be a good fit with us. Hard to know. I thought Grubauer might be going to the Islanders before he went to Colorado, but it didn't work out. Isles must not have wanted to take Orpik and his contract. Orpik was a very key player for the Capitals but at the time he was making 5.5M, which was way too much. I was hoping we'd get Grubauer, and then we got Lehner, so I'm kinda glad we didn't get Grubauer, but at the same time, we'd probably still have him now, and i'd prefer Grubauer over Varlamov. But we'll see how Varlamov does with the Isles.

How did you give up on Nashville after the disallowed goal? It was still tied 0-0 I believe, and it was game 1. Sure, they lost the series, but way too early to give up on a team. And at that point, Rinne was still playing really well. Duchene makes them better, but their defence isn't as good as it was. I don't know what i think of their defence, because they no longer have that really good top 4, but their top 3 is pretty good. Who's their #4 though? Fabbro maybe? It will be interesting to see how he plays. I've heard he's pretty good, and i know he was a 1st round pick in 2016, but is he still seen as a top prospect? Last i heard he was. What do you think of Eeli Tolvanen? Is he expected to play right away? Is he still considered a really top prospect? I know he was, but is he still supposed to be that good?

Rookies winning awards like the Norris and the Vezina i wouldn't expect to happen. It could happen sometime, but i think it's very unlikely. It just always takes a bit longer than 1 year to be a winner of those awards. Even to be a finalist. Dahlin, for example, had a very, very good rookie year. But he wasn't at Norris trophy level IMO. Same with Heiskanen. I wasn't surprised that Binnington wasn't up for the Vezina. He was very, very good, but he didn't play half the season. He didn't play too much less than Lehner and Bishop though. Each played 46 games. That could be the reason Vasilevskiy won it (53 games), but you never get a goalie playing all 82 games ... it just doesn't happen. I kinda thought Bishop would win it, and maybe he should have, but Vasilevskiy isn't a bad pick at all. What i want to know is what happened to his team in the playoffs lol.

What do you mean the "rigged lottery"? The NHL posts a video of the draft lottery and why would it be fake? You're kidding, right? It's real and it's completely random. They don't have it all planned before. They don't just choose the winners. We all know that. And I'm pretty sure you're kidding. Of course, though, there are rumours because of Taylor Hall maybe ... whichever team he plays for always ends up with the 1st overall pick ... unfortunately, that means his team doesn't make the playoffs. But he won a Hart trophy and that year the Devils wouldn't have made the playoffs without him. I don't see how they would have made it. What I find crazy is how many people act like Adam Larsson isn't very good just because he got traded for Taylor Hall. I'd much rather have Hall than Larsson, but that doesn't mean Larsson's bad. Just like how people act like Alexandre Daigle was a bad player. He was actually a pretty good player even in the NHL, and would have been considered much better if he hadn't gone 1st overall. He's not the biggest draft bust of all time. I wouldn't even say it was Patrik Stefan. i'd say Nail Yakupov. Daigle never turned out to be as good as he was expected to be, but he was a pretty good player. Yakupov just wasn't able to stay in the NHL, didn't do what he was expected to do, like Daigle, but Daigle was the better player IMO. The same thing happens with players who have a bad contract. They're considered bad players when it's really just their contract. If Shattenkirk was making 2.5M with the Rangers, people would be saying he's better than they say he is at 6.65M ... I kind of expected we'd buy out a d-man, but that didn't happen. Curious what we're going to do with our cap.

I'm confused about those draft rankings. Were those your top 13? If so, where is Hughes? Robertson, Season, Foote, Beecher, and Vlasic went way lower than that, whether you mean Nick Robertson or Matthew Robertson. I find it so weird when people say "this guy is too small". Cole Caufield is the steal of the draft IMO. He's a potential 40 goal scorer. Maybe even 50 in the NHL. I don't see him getting 50 but it's not impossible. I must be wrong about what you're saying, because i'm confused what these rankings are. Do you have more guys between these players? These weren't actually your top 13, were they? And also, does Hurley mean Harley? If so, do you mean Thomas Harley or Harley Thomas? Sticking Out Tongue

Just imagine Rangers vs. Devils in the playoffs though. That would be awesome. Great rivalry already, but especially with Hughes vs. Kakko. What do you think about Jake Gardiner? I wouldn't give him even 5 years X 6M. Even that's a risk that i don't think is worth taking. If you give him 7X7, the best thing that could happen is he plays up to his contract all 7 years and is an average NHL contract. The worst thing that could happen is he struggles with whatever team he signs with and you're stuck with a HORRIBLE contract for 6 more years that you can't move without giving up more than you'll want to to move him out. I really feel like that would be considered a bad contract at some point.

The question is why does the NHL rig the results calling it a lottery... NHL has the interest of the league over any individual team or their fans in mind... So they want a certain franchise to avoid going bankrupt like the Penguins they give them Crosby in the rigged redistribution lottery... Devils/Rangers are in the NY/Metro area lacking people to market the teams... Hughes is a lot easier to market over the foreign player they took 1st overall... Henrik is on his way out of NY, so they gotta have Kakko along w/ other high profile players to market... Devils drafting 2/3 years 1st overall is all need to know to remove any doubt its rigged... Oilers drafted what 1st overall like 3-4 years in a row or something insane smile? You live in NY, loo up Numbers/Win4 results, certain numbers will come out two days in a row, twice in a week, 3 times in a year while others have never come out at all... Every single lottery machine is pretty much the same, probably from same company or so...

The balls are weighted/aligned in a way where certain numbers are more likely to come out despite the given odds... Every 2 months NY lottery changes their ball alignment causing sequences to happen more often or less... For example triple digit numbers like 777, 222 will come out a few times a year in general... Certain numbers like 460 are pretty common, so its pretty easy to assign 3 digit numbers to teams knowing how likely they are to be drawn... So you can rig something live right in front of people pretty easily... NHL is a rigged league who can decide who picks where without being fair so they do. If NFL had a rigged lottery system they wouldn't have a league for long. If NHL wants to stop rigging the system they could do the drawing a year prior so everybody knows who picks where depending on finish... That would avoid so called tanking, even picking 1-16 balls each having a logo of team for order would be better...

My order as the first 3 option likely for Kings to have before rigged lottery to decide who picked where pretending its fair and square... WAs Kakko, Byram, and Dach... I figured they would get one of the final two guys... I never thought the russian who Canucks took would be there at 10 or 5 really... Turcotte is rated same as Vilardi was when Kings took him by scouting group wikipedia used... Also guy ranked 2nd in that draft won Calder for Canucks just like this russian they took who were both ranked 2nd for European... Then my next tier were the top D-men in general after the stud... Broberg, Seider, Robertson, Hurley who I kinda wish Vegas took over Krebs... Then past that were guys who I thought might still be their for 22nd or 33rd pick Kings had... Cozens, Laviole, Leasor, Foote, Beecher, and Vlasic... I messed up a few of the spellings on the L guys I think...

Jhonas is only 5'11 he is too small to make it as NHL starter... You got many goalies 6'6ish... For most part 6-6'3 or better is minimal height for a goalie to even get a shot to be starter... I don't enjoy watching Eastern league they claim is hockey compared to western... So even if I watch the East games they tend to be pretty brutal for me like going to dentist kinda wink. I only enjoy certain games in West, but a few teams play really crippling boring styles like Blues or Wild smile... Sharks are fun at times since they are a pond hockey team, Stars, teams like that I'm usually more interested in watching... EVen Jets can be good but I don't like them anymore...

I knew Nashville was done, they were going to make sure Penguins won the cup... Besides taking away a goal on a bogus off side call tends to kill momentum hurt team... In general it only takes removing 1 goal to screw a team... Sharks got shafted w/ refs not calling delay of game on Blues or others but they cry about a handpass in OT that shouldn't have ever got that far if refs called Blues for their delay of game flipping puck out. NHL has no credibility, if I let them in my house, they would rob me blind. If I was person making decisions on challenges or drawing the lottery then maybe I'd believe it... Look up the numbers that came out over last few months... Will notice at least 1 or 2 that has come out 3 or more times this year already... If anything the current rigged lottery system has kept certain teams from ever winning cup or becoming good enough/getting star player while others keep churning them over only to fail anyways...
4 juill. 2019 à 0 h 31
Black Lives Matter
The question is why does the NHL rig the results calling it a lottery... NHL has the interest of the league over any individual team or their fans in mind... So they want a certain franchise to avoid going bankrupt like the Penguins they give them Crosby in the rigged redistribution lottery... Devils/Rangers are in the NY/Metro area lacking people to market the teams... Hughes is a lot easier to market over the foreign player they took 1st overall... Henrik is on his way out of NY, so they gotta have Kakko along w/ other high profile players to market... Devils drafting 2/3 years 1st overall is all need to know to remove any doubt its rigged... Oilers drafted what 1st overall like 3-4 years in a row or something insane smile? You live in NY, loo up Numbers/Win4 results, certain numbers will come out two days in a row, twice in a week, 3 times in a year while others have never come out at all... Every single lottery machine is pretty much the same, probably from same company or so...

The balls are weighted/aligned in a way where certain numbers are more likely to come out despite the given odds... Every 2 months NY lottery changes their ball alignment causing sequences to happen more often or less... For example triple digit numbers like 777, 222 will come out a few times a year in general... Certain numbers like 460 are pretty common, so its pretty easy to assign 3 digit numbers to teams knowing how likely they are to be drawn... So you can rig something live right in front of people pretty easily... NHL is a rigged league who can decide who picks where without being fair so they do. If NFL had a rigged lottery system they wouldn't have a league for long. If NHL wants to stop rigging the system they could do the drawing a year prior so everybody knows who picks where depending on finish... That would avoid so called tanking, even picking 1-16 balls each having a logo of team for order would be better...

My order as the first 3 option likely for Kings to have before rigged lottery to decide who picked where pretending its fair and square... WAs Kakko, Byram, and Dach... I figured they would get one of the final two guys... I never thought the russian who Canucks took would be there at 10 or 5 really... Turcotte is rated same as Vilardi was when Kings took him by scouting group wikipedia used... Also guy ranked 2nd in that draft won Calder for Canucks just like this russian they took who were both ranked 2nd for European... Then my next tier were the top D-men in general after the stud... Broberg, Seider, Robertson, Hurley who I kinda wish Vegas took over Krebs... Then past that were guys who I thought might still be their for 22nd or 33rd pick Kings had... Cozens, Laviole, Leasor, Foote, Beecher, and Vlasic... I messed up a few of the spellings on the L guys I think...

Jhonas is only 5'11 he is too small to make it as NHL starter... You got many goalies 6'6ish... For most part 6-6'3 or better is minimal height for a goalie to even get a shot to be starter... I don't enjoy watching Eastern league they claim is hockey compared to western... So even if I watch the East games they tend to be pretty brutal for me like going to dentist kinda wink. I only enjoy certain games in West, but a few teams play really crippling boring styles like Blues or Wild smile... Sharks are fun at times since they are a pond hockey team, Stars, teams like that I'm usually more interested in watching... EVen Jets can be good but I don't like them anymore...

I knew Nashville was done, they were going to make sure Penguins won the cup... Besides taking away a goal on a bogus off side call tends to kill momentum hurt team... In general it only takes removing 1 goal to screw a team... Sharks got shafted w/ refs not calling delay of game on Blues or others but they cry about a handpass in OT that shouldn't have ever got that far if refs called Blues for their delay of game flipping puck out. NHL has no credibility, if I let them in my house, they would rob me blind. If I was person making decisions on challenges or drawing the lottery then maybe I'd believe it... Look up the numbers that came out over last few months... Will notice at least 1 or 2 that has come out 3 or more times this year already... If anything the current rigged lottery system has kept certain teams from ever winning cup or becoming good enough/getting star player while others keep churning them over only to fail anyways...

I'm pretty sure you're kidding about the NHL draft lottery. The way you're saying it makes it sound like you're being serious but I'm pretty sure you're kidding. It's not fake like you're saying it is. I don't understand what you're saying about the numbers. You say they give teams they want to win the lottery numbers that are more likely to be drawn, but every combination is just as likely. No combination is more likely than any other. What do you mean "3 digit numbers"? You said "it's pretty easy to assign 3 digit numbers to teams knowing how likely they are to be drawn". You mean 4-number combinations? Can you explain to me, though, how any one combination is more likely than another? I don't get your logic for that ...

The NHL doesn't care who wins the cup. Even if they do, they're fair about it. I really don't get how it could be fake. Yes, the Oilers won the draft lottery 4 times in 6 years ... or did they? That's what people say, but it's not true. They won it 3 of those years. The Devils won the draft lottery in 2011, but the Oilers still ended up with the 1st overall pick. The rules were different for the lottery back then, so whoever won the draft lottery would move up 4 spots. So, any team in the top 5 could get 1st overall, but if you're 6th last you could only go as high as #2. The Devils were 8th last i believe, so they moved up to 4th. Edmonton still needed some luck but they didn't actually win the draft lottery. And then yes, they won it 3 out of 6 years, but they were near the bottom of the league in all those years. They weren't a very good team, so it's not like it's really that crazy. Yes, it was very lucky that they won those draft lotteries, but it's not as weird as it seems. 2 out of 3 for the Devils isn't that much. The other year they couldn't win it as they were in the playoffs, but the 2 years that they did it wasn't too unlikely. They have also been pretty bad in recent years other than 2018 when they made the playoffs.

That's just not how the NHL works though. There are some things i don't like about it. All hockey fans have their things they don't like about the NHL. But they aren't unfair to teams. The lottery is a real thing and it's not rigged. What I want to know is how the results got leaked before the announcement of the picks. Idk if you know what i'm talking about or not. On a Swedish TV channel or something like that (idk if it was Swedish, but it was a European TV channel) when it was going to commercial you could see New Jersey, NY Rangers, and Chicago on the side. It didn't show the order of the top 3, but it showed who the top 3 were. That's confusing to me ...

What I don't get is that it was showing Sportsnet's draft lottery board or whatever you want to call it ... but that hadn't been done yet. Unless they had been testing it out before. How would they have that set up though? If you look it up you should be able to find the picture. Maybe you saw when it happened, i'm not sure. That doesn't mean anything for it being rigged though. It's not rigged. I'm just confused how that happened. Nobody in the room was supposed to know the results of the draft lottery. So, maybe before everyone got there they were testing it out right after the lottery had been drawn. Have you seen the lottery drawing videos? Those show the draft lottery being drawn. I don't think it's fake. Almost no one thinks it is. I still think you're kidding.

Those rankings confuse me. Where is Hughes on that list? And you're probably the only one who thought Cozens might fall to 22nd. I would have been absolutely shocked if that had happened. If Kakko had gone 1st Hughes would have gone 2nd. I just don't get how he could have gone anywhere past that. Picking him 1st was probably the right choice by New Jersey. I really don't get what you're saying. Where did you have him ranked? I might be confused about your rankings. If you didn't have him in the top 3, you must have had him 4th, right? Even that is way too low. The lowest i could have seen him going was 2nd. I had him 1st though.

You said "they were going to make sure Penguins won the cup." Who is they? Who was going to make sure Pittsburgh won? The Predators? That can't be what you're saying, because they were going to try to win it themselves, obviously. I remember that being a not very good call, but it was still 0-0 in game 1 if i remember correctly. You turned out to be right. Pittsburgh won. But still, how could you "know they were done" when the two teams were COMPLETELY EVEN. They weren't even down 1-0 in game 1. Even that is way too early. Down 2-0 in the series is too early. They actually came back and tied the series before losing the next 2 and losing the series. Down 3-0 is maybe when you can say they're basically done, but teams have come back from that before. Still, though, if a series is 3-0, that's when it really seems to be over. Even then it isn't over but that's when it's basically over.

Now, can you explain your logic about some numbers being more likely than others? All 1001 combinations are just as likely as each other. 11, 12, 13, 14 is a redraw, so that makes 1000 combinations each with the same chance to be drawn.
8 juill. 2019 à 0 h 18
I'm pretty sure you're kidding about the NHL draft lottery. The way you're saying it makes it sound like you're being serious but I'm pretty sure you're kidding. It's not fake like you're saying it is. I don't understand what you're saying about the numbers. You say they give teams they want to win the lottery numbers that are more likely to be drawn, but every combination is just as likely. No combination is more likely than any other. What do you mean "3 digit numbers"? You said "it's pretty easy to assign 3 digit numbers to teams knowing how likely they are to be drawn". You mean 4-number combinations? Can you explain to me, though, how any one combination is more likely than another? I don't get your logic for that ...

The NHL doesn't care who wins the cup. Even if they do, they're fair about it. I really don't get how it could be fake. Yes, the Oilers won the draft lottery 4 times in 6 years ... or did they? That's what people say, but it's not true. They won it 3 of those years. The Devils won the draft lottery in 2011, but the Oilers still ended up with the 1st overall pick. The rules were different for the lottery back then, so whoever won the draft lottery would move up 4 spots. So, any team in the top 5 could get 1st overall, but if you're 6th last you could only go as high as #2. The Devils were 8th last i believe, so they moved up to 4th. Edmonton still needed some luck but they didn't actually win the draft lottery. And then yes, they won it 3 out of 6 years, but they were near the bottom of the league in all those years. They weren't a very good team, so it's not like it's really that crazy. Yes, it was very lucky that they won those draft lotteries, but it's not as weird as it seems. 2 out of 3 for the Devils isn't that much. The other year they couldn't win it as they were in the playoffs, but the 2 years that they did it wasn't too unlikely. They have also been pretty bad in recent years other than 2018 when they made the playoffs.

That's just not how the NHL works though. There are some things i don't like about it. All hockey fans have their things they don't like about the NHL. But they aren't unfair to teams. The lottery is a real thing and it's not rigged. What I want to know is how the results got leaked before the announcement of the picks. Idk if you know what i'm talking about or not. On a Swedish TV channel or something like that (idk if it was Swedish, but it was a European TV channel) when it was going to commercial you could see New Jersey, NY Rangers, and Chicago on the side. It didn't show the order of the top 3, but it showed who the top 3 were. That's confusing to me ...

What I don't get is that it was showing Sportsnet's draft lottery board or whatever you want to call it ... but that hadn't been done yet. Unless they had been testing it out before. How would they have that set up though? If you look it up you should be able to find the picture. Maybe you saw when it happened, i'm not sure. That doesn't mean anything for it being rigged though. It's not rigged. I'm just confused how that happened. Nobody in the room was supposed to know the results of the draft lottery. So, maybe before everyone got there they were testing it out right after the lottery had been drawn. Have you seen the lottery drawing videos? Those show the draft lottery being drawn. I don't think it's fake. Almost no one thinks it is. I still think you're kidding.

Those rankings confuse me. Where is Hughes on that list? And you're probably the only one who thought Cozens might fall to 22nd. I would have been absolutely shocked if that had happened. If Kakko had gone 1st Hughes would have gone 2nd. I just don't get how he could have gone anywhere past that. Picking him 1st was probably the right choice by New Jersey. I really don't get what you're saying. Where did you have him ranked? I might be confused about your rankings. If you didn't have him in the top 3, you must have had him 4th, right? Even that is way too low. The lowest i could have seen him going was 2nd. I had him 1st though.

You said "they were going to make sure Penguins won the cup." Who is they? Who was going to make sure Pittsburgh won? The Predators? That can't be what you're saying, because they were going to try to win it themselves, obviously. I remember that being a not very good call, but it was still 0-0 in game 1 if i remember correctly. You turned out to be right. Pittsburgh won. But still, how could you "know they were done" when the two teams were COMPLETELY EVEN. They weren't even down 1-0 in game 1. Even that is way too early. Down 2-0 in the series is too early. They actually came back and tied the series before losing the next 2 and losing the series. Down 3-0 is maybe when you can say they're basically done, but teams have come back from that before. Still, though, if a series is 3-0, that's when it really seems to be over. Even then it isn't over but that's when it's basically over.

Now, can you explain your logic about some numbers being more likely than others? All 1001 combinations are just as likely as each other. 11, 12, 13, 14 is a redraw, so that makes 1000 combinations each with the same chance to be drawn.

YOu are free to believe moon landing is fake or real.. Perception is reality... IF think teams draft where they are because of some random balls in a lottery that isn't rigged I can only laugh... Results when applied to the odds they claim don't add up... Same team drafting 2/3 years like Jersey or Oilers having all those in a row isn't random its on purpose... Devils had money issues, Ilya retired, team being sold, NHL had to help the franchise... NHL shares revenue, if any franchises are losing money it hurts the entire league as a hole... Penguins before getting their last 2 cups heavily pushed by NHL were in money trouble talk of selling team... Just like when Crosby was selected by them to be allowed to be their 1st overall pick... So NHL is going to influence events to try to get strongest franchises they can... Calling Vegas to claim the major penalty they called was wrong saying they are sorry? Refs being sent home for not producing results the NHL wanted like Sharks... Islanders having goal taken away w/ penalty on goalie interference they couldn't review because its a penalty in a game they lost 1-0 in OT... Islanders having goal taken away saying guy kicked it in behind his own red line? How can guy kick a puck in behind the goal line when it just hits his skate in a fluke without any distinct kicking motion having it go in off goalie? matt Martin having been called off sides on review when he wasn't... Very easy to edit video to show what they want happened these days... You can edit video in a matter of seconds without even factoring mistakes/optical illusions smile...

You probably think Pro Wrestling is real or not predetermined... Everything is influenced, there is a reason certain teams get shafted... NHL heavily favors original 6, look into history... Will see how things were setup for them including free agents/drafts. They added the expansion teams to be jobbers kinda like in pro wrestling in first place... Currently the NHL draft lottery is rigged 100% to select who picks where... Unless they make changes it has no validity its so clearly rigged anybody who is blind can see it clear smile.

People believe Easter Bunny is real... SAnta is real... God is real, Religion is real, perception is reality. Gambling, knowing how the balls work for lottery its without doubt to be rigged. I'd rather have 16 balls for each team who misses playoffs when Seattle comes in... Live drawing where logo of team is all need to know who wins then factor in any trades they made w/ that pick etc... I also think lottery should be done year prior so know ahead of time where finish/pick... Things like that eliminate tanking, teams have drafted 1st overall who don't deserve it or not improved enough to matter... Oilers/Devils amt of 1st overall picks those teams have had since the rigged lottery is insane... NHL wants to control where the big name players end up... They don't want a generational talent going to a team like LA Kings over a NY Rangers or even metro teams like Devils or Islanders are more ideal... Big markets tend to be better fits for high profile players... I think Mathews would be better off in USA, there is no mistake that he ended up on Toronto though never forget that... I think McDavid in Edmonton is a mistake, NHL wanted him there... Guys playing in Buffalo or Florida are virtually unknown or even CBJ not many know Werenski compared to say Seth JOnes smile. NHL is about making money, growing the league, keeping franchises doing well from the top to bottom... Blues vs. Carolina woudln't have been ideal or even CBJ so they made sure Boston was the team to advance to SCF... In West I think Sharks were better choice, NHL wanted to trot out some sick kid ending Blues long streak without winning as letting in Expansion Seattle... Hoping to make Ryan O'Reilley more name/easier to market among perhaps some others... Like his story of giving away a guitar, things like that, since Bettman took over the NHL has been rigged to least a degree... Montreal being last team from Canada to win isn't a mistake, unless believe my curse is to blame for Canada not winning since cheating Kings wink...
8 juill. 2019 à 2 h 8
Black Lives Matter
YOu are free to believe moon landing is fake or real.. Perception is reality... IF think teams draft where they are because of some random balls in a lottery that isn't rigged I can only laugh... Results when applied to the odds they claim don't add up... Same team drafting 2/3 years like Jersey or Oilers having all those in a row isn't random its on purpose... Devils had money issues, Ilya retired, team being sold, NHL had to help the franchise... NHL shares revenue, if any franchises are losing money it hurts the entire league as a hole... Penguins before getting their last 2 cups heavily pushed by NHL were in money trouble talk of selling team... Just like when Crosby was selected by them to be allowed to be their 1st overall pick... So NHL is going to influence events to try to get strongest franchises they can... Calling Vegas to claim the major penalty they called was wrong saying they are sorry? Refs being sent home for not producing results the NHL wanted like Sharks... Islanders having goal taken away w/ penalty on goalie interference they couldn't review because its a penalty in a game they lost 1-0 in OT... Islanders having goal taken away saying guy kicked it in behind his own red line? How can guy kick a puck in behind the goal line when it just hits his skate in a fluke without any distinct kicking motion having it go in off goalie? matt Martin having been called off sides on review when he wasn't... Very easy to edit video to show what they want happened these days... You can edit video in a matter of seconds without even factoring mistakes/optical illusions smile...

You probably think Pro Wrestling is real or not predetermined... Everything is influenced, there is a reason certain teams get shafted... NHL heavily favors original 6, look into history... Will see how things were setup for them including free agents/drafts. They added the expansion teams to be jobbers kinda like in pro wrestling in first place... Currently the NHL draft lottery is rigged 100% to select who picks where... Unless they make changes it has no validity its so clearly rigged anybody who is blind can see it clear smile.

People believe Easter Bunny is real... SAnta is real... God is real, Religion is real, perception is reality. Gambling, knowing how the balls work for lottery its without doubt to be rigged. I'd rather have 16 balls for each team who misses playoffs when Seattle comes in... Live drawing where logo of team is all need to know who wins then factor in any trades they made w/ that pick etc... I also think lottery should be done year prior so know ahead of time where finish/pick... Things like that eliminate tanking, teams have drafted 1st overall who don't deserve it or not improved enough to matter... Oilers/Devils amt of 1st overall picks those teams have had since the rigged lottery is insane... NHL wants to control where the big name players end up... They don't want a generational talent going to a team like LA Kings over a NY Rangers or even metro teams like Devils or Islanders are more ideal... Big markets tend to be better fits for high profile players... I think Mathews would be better off in USA, there is no mistake that he ended up on Toronto though never forget that... I think McDavid in Edmonton is a mistake, NHL wanted him there... Guys playing in Buffalo or Florida are virtually unknown or even CBJ not many know Werenski compared to say Seth JOnes smile. NHL is about making money, growing the league, keeping franchises doing well from the top to bottom... Blues vs. Carolina woudln't have been ideal or even CBJ so they made sure Boston was the team to advance to SCF... In West I think Sharks were better choice, NHL wanted to trot out some sick kid ending Blues long streak without winning as letting in Expansion Seattle... Hoping to make Ryan O'Reilley more name/easier to market among perhaps some others... Like his story of giving away a guitar, things like that, since Bettman took over the NHL has been rigged to least a degree... Montreal being last team from Canada to win isn't a mistake, unless believe my curse is to blame for Canada not winning since cheating Kings wink...

Okay, I don't understand what you're saying. I get it, but it makes no sense. You say that the numbers don't work with the percentages. It's not always going to work out exactly even. It would take the least likely team to win winning 10 years in a row to get me to believe it is rigged. The Devils picking 1st 2 out of 3 years doesn't mean it's rigged. I don't get how that logic makes sense. It could have been any team. You'd be saying the same thing if it was any other team. And the Oilers won it a lot but it doesn't mean anything. It's not rigged. You haven't given me any good reason to believe it is. About the non-call in game 7 of the Vegas-San Jose series, that has nothing to do with the draft lottery. And anyway, they made a rule change and it's because that went wrong. They are making sure that doesn't happen again. It's not like they chose to let San Jose win so they called the penalty. And what are the chances of San Jose scoring 4 goals on that power play anyway? Even if they wanted San Jose to win, did they really think that would work? And it doesn't matter anyway, because the refs aren't on either side. And this has nothing to do with the draft lottery anyway. Nothing at all. The Thrashers didn't win any lotteries near the end of their time in Atlanta. If the lottery was rigged, they'd probably choose Atlanta to help sell more tickets at their games. The Coyotes didn't win the draft lottery in 2015 when it seemed like they were going to move soon. They never moved, but if the draft lottery was rigged, they would have picked Arizona to get them Connor McDavid. You're saying the lottery is rigged and the NHL wants to save teams, but Edmonton won the lottery in 2015 and Toronto in 2016. Arizona in 2016, too, would have been huge for selling tickets. Think about it: Matthews is FROM ARIZONA, and the Coyotes weren't selling many tickets if i remember correctly. If the lottery was rigged, they would have HAD to give Arizona the first pick, but Toronto got it. Toronto. The team who has so many fans and totally didn't need help selling tickets. Their team needed help but they had the best chance of winning and the team wasn't going to move or anything. Your logic is not making any sense to me.

The reason they aren't doing 1 ball for each team is because they want to give the lower teams in the standings a better chance at #1 overall. They aren't going to put 1000 balls each with a logo on them in 1 big machine. That would be too hard to do haha lol ... it would be funny to watch, but obviously that would never happen lol. You never explained to me how any combinations are more likely than others. They are all exactly the same. You have said that they give the teams they want to win the lottery the better numbers, but no number is more likely than any other. It's the AMOUNT of numbers that makes the difference. But it seems like for the most part you're saying the whole thing is fake, correct? Are you saying that in the videos they do, they pretend the number belongs to one team when it actually doesn't? I think that's what you're saying, because that's the only way it could be rigged. It's not though. Or at least you haven't given me a good reason to believe it is. You're talking about Pittsburgh winning the lottery but not about Atlanta and Arizona not winning lotteries. In the Thrashers' last few seasons they couldn't go to 1st overall, but for a few years before that i think they could. And they could have moved up 4 spots back then. The Coyotes have missed the playoffs 7 years in a row, and in all of those years they could have picked 1st, but they didn't in any of those years. So, this logic you're using doesn't make any sense. Unless you give me a really good reason to believe it's rigged, i'm not going to believe it. And Florida, too. They won it in 2014, but the last few years they haven't won it. Think about how much that would have helped their team. But it's completely luck. I'm still not sure if you actually think it's rigged. I'm thinking you do but I still don't understand the logic you're using. It's 100% real and it's completely luck. That's all it is. I just don't see why the NHL would choose the winners. They want it to be fair, so they have a lottery instead of choosing a winner. If they choose a winner every year the other teams would be unhappy and there would be so many dumb arguments. With a lottery, even if some teams don't like the results, they aren't going to get mad at the league for it when the league did nothing wrong and had nothing to do with picking the winner. So, do you have a good reason or not? And we've only seen 1 original 6 team win the lottery in the last 12 draft lotteries if i am correct. So, if the NHL really wants original 6 teams to do well, then wouldn't they be winning the lotteries if it's rigged? I get what you're saying about Pittsburgh, but think about what i've said about Atlanta/Arizona. It's all just luck. Somebody has to win the lottery every year. There are reasons the NHL would pick any team to win if it's rigged. So, why are you just picking the reasons for the team who actually won? Maybe Pittsburgh seemed like a good team to win it in 2005, and maybe they seemed like the one who needed it most, but Arizona did in 2015 and 2016. Just imagine if Arizona had won in 2016. That would have been so fun to watch Matthews in Arizona. But he's a Leaf. He's a Leaf because the lottery balls ended up picking Toronto. It's completely random and it's all luck. Just because New Jersey won in 2017 that didn't make it any more or less likely that they'd win it in 2019. I think it's pretty funny that any team with Taylor Hall seems to win the lottery. But again, it's all just luck and he has nothing to do with it. Still funny though lol. Or maybe it means he makes the team worse, but he was injured for most of this past season after winning the Hart trophy last year, so that means he doesn't make the team worse lol. I'm obviously kidding about him making teams worse. Edmonton is pretty bad without him. I don't know how they'd be doing if they hadn't traded him for Larsson, but they'd be better than they are now IMO. Obviously that was a really bad trade for Edmonton and Larsson isn't anywhere near as good as Hall, but I love how people forget that Larsson is actually a really good player because he's just "the guy who got traded for Taylor Hall". He's actually a top 4 d-man though. At least i think he is. About the refs, you're not saying that's all fake, too, are you? You're not saying the refs are trying to help one particular team, are you? That's the reason they don't have refs for particular teams. It's so that they don't start helping that team and only that team. They want the refs to be fair, which is a good thing, obviously. I'm not sure if you're saying they're trying to help one team or not, but it doesn't matter, because they aren't. Every team gets bad calls for them and against them. Just some of them are worse calls than others or at worse times. But it has nothing to do with who the teams are.

You're saying the NHL doesn't want Canadian teams to win but Edmonton kept winning the draft lottery and Toronto won it in 2016. That logic makes no sense. You're saying the NHL is trying to make sure they don't help Canadian teams and that the lottery is rigged, but a Canadian team picked 1st overall in 5 out of 7 years, winning the lottery in 4 of those years. (New Jersey won the draft lottery in 2011, but the lottery was different back then, so they only moved up 4 spots from #8 to #4. Only the bottom 5 teams could pick 1st overall, but the 6th last team could go to 2nd, 7th last to 3rd, and you get what i mean. You probably already knew how it worked back then anyway.) So, that logic doesn't make sense. That just says more about how bad this logic is that you're using. I'm not trying to be mean, but this logic you're using seriously makes no sense. Just think about it. I don't get how this all works the way you're saying it does.

How do Santa, God, etc have anything to do with this? Those have nothing to do with the NHL draft lottery. And you're saying you think they should do it the year before, but who would get the best chance at picking 1st overall? The worst team from the year before? If so, that doesn't fix the tanking problem. Teams don't usually "tank" anyway. I don't like tanking but it's very rare that teams do it. You could say Minnesota is tanking, but i don't think so. They signed Zuccarello. That's not a very good signing in my opinion, but it shows us that they're not tanking. Things like Santa, God, and other things like that have nothing to do with this though. I get what you're saying but that doesn't have anything to do with this. You're using examples, but this is all about luck. It's too much for my brain anyway, and maybe i have no idea what i'm saying when comparing Santa, God, etc to the NHL draft lottery, but it doesn't matter, because they use a real lottery and they don't just pick the winners. What are you saying about ROR giving away the guitar. Just so you know, i do know what you're talking about. I read about him giving the fan the guitar, but i'm just asking what that has to do with any of this. I don't see what that has to do with this. What does ROR even have to do with this?

You're talking about Boston getting out of the East, but last time Boston was in the draft lottery (2016) they had no idea Boston would play Columbus in the 2nd round in 2019. They didn't know it would be Boston, Columbus, Carolina, and the Islanders in round 2 in the East. How would they have any idea that was going to happen? And Boston didn't even win the draft lottery that year. I think they had the worst chance of all teams and only like a 1% chance to win it or whatever the number was. But what i'm asking is what that has to do with this. Boston in the playoffs has nothing to do with the draft lottery. Even last year when some of those teams were in the draft lottery they had no idea who would be still in the 2nd round in the East. And Carolina jumped up from 11th to 2nd (i think it was 11th). What are you saying here? I'm confused. I don't get how any of this has anything to do with the draft lottery. These are not lottery teams we're talking about, obviously. And Canada not winning the cup can't mean the lottery is rigged. Like i said, Edmonton and Toronto. That explains how your logic isn't making sense.

When Buffalo was getting unlucky in the lottery, they finally won it. It's not like the NHL hates them or anything. It's just that the lottery has ended up working out where they didn't get the 1st overall pick ... until 2018, when they won it. They finally got lucky. Like i was saying earlier, past luck has nothing to do with future luck. This is all luck and nothing else, so for example, just because Vancouver keeps falling in the draft lottery, it doesn't mean it will happen again in 2020. They haven't been getting lucky in the draft lottery, but it doesn't mean they can't get lucky in the draft lottery in the future. That doesn't really have much to do with this, but i've always found it weird when people act like that isn't true. Usually people don't, and most people understand how that works, but some don't for some reason, which confuses me.

Here's another question for you: Who did you think would win the lottery in 2019 if you think it's rigged? Did you think it would be New Jersey? And why New Jersey? Why would the NHL want New Jersey to win the draft lottery? I'm not saying they should have been hoping they didn't win, but i just don't understand why New Jersey. Anyway, who did you think would win it? If you think it's rigged, then the question is basically this: Who did you think the NHL would give the 1st overall pick to this year? I'm curious to hear your answer. Because I don't see any reason why they'd want New Jersey to win. I'd think of teams like Florida or someone like that who the NHL wanted to sell more tickets. The NHL doesn't like moving teams and if Florida had gotten Hughes/Kakko that might have helped them sell more tickets. Sure, it's mostly because Florida just isn't much of a hockey place, and they have had a pretty decent team the last few years, but they usually miss the playoffs. I think they've made it like twice in the last 18 seasons or something like that. Hughes and Kakko would have made a difference IMO. Non-hockey fans there might have been like, "Hey, the Panthers just got this new young guy and he's supposed to be really good. It might be fun to go to some hockey games." Really, what has the team done recently? I don't even think they've won a playoff series since they made it to the final in 1996 and i think they've only made the playoffs twice in the last 18 seasons. That might have something to do with the smaller amount of fans at their games. I mean, it's Florida, but Tampa Bay has been selling more tickets than the Panthers. Maybe it's also something to do with that part of Florida, i have no idea.

Going a little bit off topic, were you picking Jack Hughes to fall out of the top 3? Seriously? Why? He was going to do 1st or 2nd. We knew that going in. I had him going 1st and i think the majority of people had him going 1st. Kakko had made things interesting in the last few months, and i wouldn't have been shocked to see him go 1st, but i picked Hughes to go 1st and the majority of people did (or at least i think they did). Also, whichever of the 2 didn't go 1st was going 2nd. We basically knew that. Did you actually have Hughes not going 1st or 2nd and then not going 3rd either? Why? That makes no sense to me. He was an obvious top 2 pick. I haven't even watched him play much and I was 99.999% sure he'd be a top 2 pick (maybe more like 99.9% to be realistic haha). I was kind of hoping the Devils would take Kakko so the Rangers could take Hughes, but Kakko's good, too, and he might be better right away. As a Rangers fan, i'm happy with where this team is going. We could be a playoff team in 2019-20. Hard to predict. The Devils also could be.

Speaking of that, Buffalo is another team in the East who could make it. They'd probably be a bit more of a surprise than the Rangers and Devils, and i'm not saying they make it, but it wouldn't shock me. Maybe i'll pick them to make it, i haven't thought about it too much, but i'll think about it a bit more and look into more details and whatever when i make my full predictions, probably in the next few days. I will also make fully predictions in October before the season starts. I made some after the SCF ended and i will be making more in the next few days. I can't wait almost 3 months for hockey season to start lol. Is it October yet? Haha lol i just can't wait. It's already been too long for me without NHL hockey and i have to wait almost another 3 months. I wouldn't be shocked to see either of my teams (Rangers and Islanders) in the playoffs, but i wouldn't be shocked to see either of them miss. So, maybe just one will make it, or maybe both will, or maybe neither will. Obviously, you never know any year with any teams, but I feel like there's a very decent chance that any of those things could happen. I hope they both make it, but i have no idea what will happen. It's going to be an interesting season win so many good teams. It seems like in the Metropolitan division, at least, there are so many teams who have a very decent chance at making the playoffs, but no teams that are "basically for sure" playoff teams other than Washington who i'd be shocked to see miss. Any other team in that division could make it. The Atlantic has Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Boston, and also Florida who i think the majority of people are expecting will make it. And then teams like Montreal and Buffalo who have a decent chance, and then Detroit and Ottawa. I'd be shocked to see the Red Wings or Senators make the playoffs, but you just never know. So, the Metropolitan division is deeper than the Atlantic, but the Atlantic is better at the top.

The West is a little different. Not as many teams I could really see making it. I mean, you never know, but i don't see Anaheim, LAK, or Minnesota really having any chance at the playoffs. Probably the same with Edmonton. No one else would shock me, but the only ones i'd be shocked to see make it in the East are Ottawa and Detroit. Columbus made it to the 2nd round this year. Yes, they lost some key FAs but at least they got Nyquist. They could still be a playoff team. I don't think i see it happening, but I wouldn't be shocked. Maybe Korpisalo or that new guy, whatever is name is, has a really good year. Maybe one of them could be the starter. I'm not sure if i see it happening, but they have that potential i think. I don't know enough about the new guy. His name is like Merzlikins ir something like that. I probably have that name completely wrong lol.
9 juill. 2019 à 6 h 57
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
Quoting: Brian2016
Kadri is gonna shine in COL. There was def. no room for him in the Leafs lineup. I'm thinking 25 goals and 45 points next season. Pretty good numbers based on his cap hit.

Yes, that's not what I'm saying. I still think it's not fair value for Barrie AND Kerfoot. Sakic held all the cards in the negotiations, with Leafs dcore in shambles. He could've easily got another pick. When you consider the fact that Brodie and Jankowski for Kadri and Brown was a done deal that got shot down by Kadri, this seems like a very sweet deal for Toronto. Both Kerfoot and Barrie are better than the players they would've got from Calgary in that deal. They also sold low on Kadri, coming off from a slightly worse season than the two previous ones and another playoff suspension. Colorado did get a decent haul, but I feel they could've got another pick or maybe a guy like Dmytro Timashov.
Brian2016 et thelastlongbow a aimé ceci.
15 août 2019 à 14 h 2
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
This page of the thread is longer than the Harry Potter books
hanson493, Random2152 et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
15 août 2019 à 14 h 4
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

At least it's not as boring as the Harry Potter books. Winking with Tongue Out
15 août 2019 à 14 h 10
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
People believe Easter Bunny is real... SAnta is real... God is real, Religion is real, perception is reality.

This is a line in a thread about a hockey trade.
hanson493 et Random2152 a aimé ceci.
15 août 2019 à 14 h 17
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: mondo

yeah but is the easter bunny or the tooth fairy better at hockey? tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy
15 août 2019 à 23 h 33
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554

At least it's not as boring as the Harry Potter books. Winking with Tongue Out

Quoting: mondo

Quoting: hanson493
yeah but is the easter bunny or the tooth fairy better at hockey? tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

What the actual hell happened to this thread? Preferably more brief than the novella that is above.
16 août 2019 à 0 h 39
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: Random2152
What the actual hell happened to this thread? Preferably more brief than the novella that is above.

You think I read the eight million paragraphs typed out here? Sike.
16 août 2019 à 0 h 46
Black Lives Matter

You think I read the eight million paragraphs typed out here? Sike.

Daoloth and i were talking about the trade, and (s)he mentioned something about the draft lottery being rigged and it started that whole discussion.
16 août 2019 à 9 h 14
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Daoloth and i were talking about the trade, and (s)he mentioned something about the draft lottery being rigged and it started that whole discussion.

I see.
I mean it is rigged tho.

Whomever Taylor Hall pays to run the damn thing is worth every penny smile
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
16 août 2019 à 10 h 12
Black Lives Matter
I see.
I mean it is rigged tho.

Whomever Taylor Hall pays to run the damn thing is worth every penny smile

tears of joy
7 nov. 2019 à 15 h 34
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
Quoting: sammy_daws1997
Hot Take... Bruins miss playoffs this year

Lol
11 févr. 2020 à 15 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Hahaha people actually thought the Leafs won this.
11 févr. 2020 à 16 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Capfriendly81
Hahaha people actually thought the Leafs won this.

Looking at it by just points, It was clear the Leafs won the trade, however, the intangibles changed the trade.
13 févr. 2020 à 4 h 48
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
I'm a die-hard Leafs fan but the minute I heard the trade, I said the Leafs got slaughtered.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage