Modifié 1 jui 2019 à 19 h 10
EDM might have the least cost efficient goalie tandem in the league...
This was expected. The goalies switching Canadian teams are now fully confirmed.
Smith is getting to old now. The Oilers will probably regret this
His numbers were terrible on an excellent team last year. How's he gonna do w/ a bad team?
Probably yes and I'm not the biggest Mike Smith supporter anyway but truthfully, that D in front of all the goalies they've had the past few years has been complete ****.
Smith will end up looking bad because of that.
Edmonton finally signs a puck moving defenseman.
Mike Smith's performance bonus structure:
- $1,000,000 bonus for 20+ Games Played
- $1,000,000 bonus for 30+ Games Played
- $1,000,000 bonus for EDM Making Playoffs
Smith's Maximum Salary = $5,000,000
So if Koskinen gets injured ... Edmonton will have an $8,500,000 - $9,500,000 goalie tandem.
And $2,000,000 - $3,000,000 of this will carry over onto next years cap.
Which means that in 2020-21:
- Edmonton would have $6,500,000 - $7,500,000 committed to goalies (Koskinen being the only one signed).
- Edmonton will also have $3,800,000 remaining in buyout penalties (Sekera and Pouliot).
- Edmonton will also have $10,000,000 committed to Lucic and Russell.
Total Result Equals:
roughly $21,000,000 comitted to Koskinen + Lucic + Russell for the 2020-21 season.