SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(OTT/TOR) - Ceci, Harpur, Luchuk and 2020 3rd round pick for Zaitsev, Brown, Carcone

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

3 juill. 2019 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Toronto can't sign Gardiner. People aren't talking about the fact that right now they have cap problems. Yes, they still do. They still need to move someone out.

Yeah ... but not really though.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
16 juill. 2019 à 14 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 0
I completely a agree with Random2152. Anyone who has even the tiniest sense of intelligence will know that the Leafs won this trade. The three other the ways someone could believe Toronto lost (which they didn't) are they're being paid to write stupid stuff, they're spouting propaganda, or they don't know how to read and/or write.
5 sept. 2019 à 18 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 29
I still can't believe this trade actually took place. I still can't believe the Sens took Zaitsev's contract AND gave a 3rd round pick as well in this trade. You CANNOT be giving Get Out of Jail free cards to divisional rivals like this! WTF!!!
If I'm ANY other GM in the league, and the Leaf's GM is calling asking for you to take Zaitsev's FIVE MORE YEARS @ 4.5M caphit!!!! I'm hanging up the phone unless its VERY enticing.
Don't get me wrong. Carcone is a great AHL'er, and will really help Belleville. Independently would maybe be worth a 5th or 6th round pick.
Brown is a decent middle six forward whom the Sens can flip at the TDL for 2nd or 3rd.
Zaitsev is a major negative asset, and if it cost the Leafs a 1st round pick for one year of Marleau at 6.5 Mil, then you'd imagine the ask for FIVE years @ 4.5Mil would be a 1st, a bluechip prospect and maybe a serviceable roster player.
palhal a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2019 à 8 h 8
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: YvanF
I still can't believe this trade actually took place.

I agree with you. I'm one who doesn't even mind Zaitsev making 4.5m. So even if Zaitsev isn't a negative asset, it's that five years or four more than Ceci is so questionable. But thought Ottawa would be a lot better keeping Ceci for a year and then having 4.5m cap freedom. Certainly that was the Leafs thinking when they made the deal.
22 oct. 2019 à 1 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Quoting: YvanF
I still can't believe this trade actually took place. I still can't believe the Sens took Zaitsev's contract AND gave a 3rd round pick as well in this trade. You CANNOT be giving Get Out of Jail free cards to divisional rivals like this! WTF!!!
If I'm ANY other GM in the league, and the Leaf's GM is calling asking for you to take Zaitsev's FIVE MORE YEARS @ 4.5M caphit!!!! I'm hanging up the phone unless its VERY enticing.
Don't get me wrong. Carcone is a great AHL'er, and will really help Belleville. Independently would maybe be worth a 5th or 6th round pick.
Brown is a decent middle six forward whom the Sens can flip at the TDL for 2nd or 3rd.
Zaitsev is a major negative asset, and if it cost the Leafs a 1st round pick for one year of Marleau at 6.5 Mil, then you'd imagine the ask for FIVE years @ 4.5Mil would be a 1st, a bluechip prospect and maybe a serviceable roster player.

You know what the funny thing is here? Reading all the comments about how bad Ceci will be with the Leafs.

So every D man makes mistakes and as long as people are honest about this, Ceci has not looked as terrible as people were predicting he would be.
palhal a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2019 à 17 h 48
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: oneX
You know what the funny thing is here? Reading all the comments about how bad Ceci will be with the Leafs.

So every D man makes mistakes and as long as people are honest about this, Ceci has not looked as terrible as people were predicting he would be.

I never thought Zaitsev was bad. He played big minutes and some "heavy" minutes on a good team. Ceci. It's easy for Dman to look bad on a bad team. Your are right, Ceci has been OK with the Leaf, but in ACGMs, many get an impression of a player and they just can't change it. Like the trade for the Leafs, by moving Ceci for Zaitsev the Leafs get four years of 4.5m of cap freedom next summer.
oneX a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 19 h 6
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,383
This is how I view this trade:

1. Nikita Zaitsev for Cody Ceci ---- Edge to Toronto, only because of contracts at the time

2. Michael Carcone for Aaron Luchuk ---- Fair

3. Connor Brown for Ben Harpur and a 3rd round pick ---- Massive fleecing by Ottawa

Only reason why more people voted for Toronto is because their fanbase on Capfriendly is bigger.

Ottawa wins.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage