SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2019-2020 Predictions

9 juill. 2019 à 19 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Why do you care which teams have laces on their jerseys? Also, when you say you picked the "entire thing" sometimes, what do you mean? You picked the winner of all 15 series correctly? Really?

Yeah but I used to do keeper/fantasy leagues from 90's...Watched playoffs as long as can remember as a kid prior to that too... I had to do scores in a few leagues... Doing all those box scores, looking stuff up on-line or finding the newspapers which often had errors in them... I will usually look at the goalies first... Is team able to win w/ what they got in net or have a backup who can win some games, series, championship if things don't go well... Team most people expect to win probably isn't going to win... Certain years its a lot easier to pick depending on who plays when... When they used to like have the reseeding its hard to not pick 100% in a way... Either going to be all right or pretty much wrong... Now its a bit easier way its locked in to pick decently... Like I should have went w/ Blues winning cup then I would have been 100% basically... I picked at times who I wanted to win or should win instead of who will actually win... If just do straight talent it tends to not pan out... Injuries are another factor, money players who produce in playoffs... Home ice advantage, who is good on road/bad at home/road, certain teams match up badly or well depending... Splits from doing fantasy would see certain players score heavily vs. teams or struggle on others... Justin Williams Mr Game 7 helped to pick say Kings... In 2012 I felt they were team of destiny, even thought would win in 2014 but was a lot harder...

Laces are stupid, they look like an untied boot or something... Mental illness wont let have laces since its a risk of hanging or whatever... So then limits where can wear them or if visit such a place... Only original 6 teams I think should ever have laces on uniform... I hate the untied stupid laces the most... Then the other laces where its just the dumb laces but not hanging... Its like a stupid hoodie, its like wrestling will make t-shirts that don't look like its for wrestling... I felt kinda weird or so wearing my Sabu t-shirt when got stuff signed at mall... Something like RVD w/ the 420 dragon I can wear anywhere without anybody looking oddly... Its pretty cool but nobody would know its a wrestling t-shirt... Sabu says something like Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal so its kinda tough to were casual or not stand out as a wrestling t-shirt smile. Islanders dropped for changing uniform/laces off my list pretty far... There was time it was Kings/Islanders/Sharks... Then it was Kings/Sharks/Islanders for them moving out of NY or other factors... I grew up w/ Sports Channel West/East Coast so saw all the metro teams/California ones... My favorite players got traded to Kings so they became my favorite team... I was big fan of Kelly Hrudey, Palffy, others who got traded there... They started the Silver/Black uniforms which were really cool to help sorta sway... I don't think I'd ever buy a jersey w/ laces, I thought of getting a #8 on sale but they mostly laces crap jerseys... I only would buy/wear the current black jersey of Sharks but I want teal smile.

I know there kids who would wear their shoes untied... Or knotted laces... Any I know who have laces on jersey don't tie them either... So its all this untied stupid look. I watch The Hockey Guy for jerseys, yet I hate or disdain any that have laces... I'm not even happy about Jets weird jersey they got like jets written like some little league team crap... I loved the old original Jets jerseys, which is rare for me to like a white jersey... Islanders are probably one team I always liked their white but sorta hated their blue ones etc wink. Only current jersey I like at all from Islanders is the black no laces NY, they wore I think for stadium or outside game... I hate their laces or the orange they use for some odd reason smile. I contacted Knights ahead of time to plead for them to omit any laces from uniforms smile. I did all I could, Knights started as my 2nd favorite team behind Kings for listening enough to ban laces wink. I told them they could always do a 3rd jersey if they wanted to do laces/sell them... I like their All Star Jersey w/ the faded black a lot too... A few teams I liked that jersey, Vegas probably is my favorite or top 2-3 in that all star style though smile.
9 juill. 2019 à 20 h 5
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Daoloth
Yeah but I used to do keeper/fantasy leagues from 90's...Watched playoffs as long as can remember as a kid prior to that too... I had to do scores in a few leagues... Doing all those box scores, looking stuff up on-line or finding the newspapers which often had errors in them... I will usually look at the goalies first... Is team able to win w/ what they got in net or have a backup who can win some games, series, championship if things don't go well... Team most people expect to win probably isn't going to win... Certain years its a lot easier to pick depending on who plays when... When they used to like have the reseeding its hard to not pick 100% in a way... Either going to be all right or pretty much wrong... Now its a bit easier way its locked in to pick decently... Like I should have went w/ Blues winning cup then I would have been 100% basically... I picked at times who I wanted to win or should win instead of who will actually win... If just do straight talent it tends to not pan out... Injuries are another factor, money players who produce in playoffs... Home ice advantage, who is good on road/bad at home/road, certain teams match up badly or well depending... Splits from doing fantasy would see certain players score heavily vs. teams or struggle on others... Justin Williams Mr Game 7 helped to pick say Kings... In 2012 I felt they were team of destiny, even thought would win in 2014 but was a lot harder...

Laces are stupid, they look like an untied boot or something... Mental illness wont let have laces since its a risk of hanging or whatever... So then limits where can wear them or if visit such a place... Only original 6 teams I think should ever have laces on uniform... I hate the untied stupid laces the most... Then the other laces where its just the dumb laces but not hanging... Its like a stupid hoodie, its like wrestling will make t-shirts that don't look like its for wrestling... I felt kinda weird or so wearing my Sabu t-shirt when got stuff signed at mall... Something like RVD w/ the 420 dragon I can wear anywhere without anybody looking oddly... Its pretty cool but nobody would know its a wrestling t-shirt... Sabu says something like Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal so its kinda tough to were casual or not stand out as a wrestling t-shirt smile. Islanders dropped for changing uniform/laces off my list pretty far... There was time it was Kings/Islanders/Sharks... Then it was Kings/Sharks/Islanders for them moving out of NY or other factors... I grew up w/ Sports Channel West/East Coast so saw all the metro teams/California ones... My favorite players got traded to Kings so they became my favorite team... I was big fan of Kelly Hrudey, Palffy, others who got traded there... They started the Silver/Black uniforms which were really cool to help sorta sway... I don't think I'd ever buy a jersey w/ laces, I thought of getting a #8 on sale but they mostly laces crap jerseys... I only would buy/wear the current black jersey of Sharks but I want teal smile.

I know there kids who would wear their shoes untied... Or knotted laces... Any I know who have laces on jersey don't tie them either... So its all this untied stupid look. I watch The Hockey Guy for jerseys, yet I hate or disdain any that have laces... I'm not even happy about Jets weird jersey they got like jets written like some little league team crap... I loved the old original Jets jerseys, which is rare for me to like a white jersey... Islanders are probably one team I always liked their white but sorta hated their blue ones etc wink. Only current jersey I like at all from Islanders is the black no laces NY, they wore I think for stadium or outside game... I hate their laces or the orange they use for some odd reason smile. I contacted Knights ahead of time to plead for them to omit any laces from uniforms smile. I did all I could, Knights started as my 2nd favorite team behind Kings for listening enough to ban laces wink. I told them they could always do a 3rd jersey if they wanted to do laces/sell them... I like their All Star Jersey w/ the faded black a lot too... A few teams I liked that jersey, Vegas probably is my favorite or top 2-3 in that all star style though smile.

What's wrong with jersey laces though? How does that change which teams you cheer for?
10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 17
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Krak, RAIF, and Rodzik all have Philadelphia making the playoffs. I'm not nearly as high on them as everyone else is apparently.

Was thinking the same. I don't see them having a consistant year. But i see them having some hot and cold streaks. If their hot outweigh their cold they could be deadly
10 juill. 2019 à 10 h 15
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Was thinking the same. I don't see them having a consistant year. But i see them having some hot and cold streaks. If their hot outweigh their cold they could be deadly

Until they go cold in the playoffs lol
10 juill. 2019 à 10 h 32
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
too early for me to decide who actually makes the playoffs.

rough early predictions:

top 5 teams: tampa, nashville, toronto, san jose, arizona
bottom 5 teams: anaheim, los angeles, ottawa, minnesota, detroit

metro is the only division i really see being completely up in the air.
11 juill. 2019 à 0 h 44
Modifié 11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 7
Quoting: Brian2016
How many times has the President's Trophy winner lost in the opening round? What about getting swept in the opening round? Has it ever happened before? I really don't know.

Took me a while to look something up related to this or find it hehe... The Hockey Guy did a video recently where he talks about President trophy winners but didn't get into detail... Tampa made history by being the first President Trophy team to win (The lets get swept sweepstakes)... Last to get a Cup in season don't even really count since it was Blackhawks in the sham short 2013 between the legit Cups Kings won back to Back smile... Kings in 2012 beat President Trophy team in 5... They started every series 3-0, winning Cup 16-4 in 4 games... Only team they swept was Blues in 2nd round... Kings beat the 1st/2nd/3rd seed so VAncouver in 1st round was President Trophy winner at time... They won it back to back, then fired coach, who ended up taking Rangers to cup, while Torts took Canucks to cleaners... Kings beat the NHL in 3rd/WCF getting past the Coyotes... Calgary I know when they made last cup beat like 1st/2nd/3rd seed as 8th seed but can't recall if they played President's Trophy winner... Its possible if it was Detroit they were still in the West...

Thrashers I know got swept when they won division title, why Jets had never won a series until that recent run smile. President Trophy only team ever swept was Tampa, getting bumped in 1st round has happened like Kings over Canucks in 2012 wasn't probably first or only time... I just remember growing up I think Keenan was coach of Chicago when they won it but lost from making a few bad trades if remember right. Rangers I thought made a bad trade w/ Amonte but Step on My Toe was good in playoffs or some BS smile...
11 juill. 2019 à 0 h 58
Black Lives Matter
Took me a while to look something up related to this or find it hehe... The Hockey Guy did a video recently where he talks about President trophy winners but didn't get into detail... Tampa made history by being the first President Trophy team to win... Last to get a Cup in season don't even really count since it was Blackhawks in the sham short 2013 between the legit Cups Kings won back to Back smile... Kings in 2012 beat President Trophy team in 5... They started every series 3-0, winning Cup 16-4 in 4 games... Only team they swept was Blues in 2nd round... Kings beat the 1st/2nd/3rd seed so VAncouver in 1st round was President Trophy winner at time... They won it back to back, then fired coach, who ended up taking Rangers to cup, while Torts took Canucks to cleaners... Kings beat the NHL in 3rd/WCF getting past the Coyotes... Calgary I know when they made last cup beat like 1st/2nd/3rd seed as 8th seed but can't recall if they played President's Trophy winner... Its possible if it was Detroit they were still in the West...

Thrashers I know got swept when they won division title, why Jets had never won a series until that recent run smile. President Trophy only team ever swept was Tampa, getting bumped in 1st round has happened like Kings over Canucks in 2012 wasn't probably first or only time... I just remember growing up I think Keenan was coach of Chicago when they won it but lost from making a few bad trades if remember right. Rangers I thought made a bad trade w/ Amonte but Step on My Toe was good in playoffs or some BS smile...

What?
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 10
What?

Haha I'm very dyslexic... I edited it a bit... Basically Tampa won the lets get swept sweepstakes smile... Took me a while to figure out, then saw bolded an area haha smile. I had a long day yesterday... Basically they wont give me my ass medication that I got last month on a dollar co-pay for a refill... They claim something showed up from 2005, that I had insurance... So I gotta get a letter to prove I don't have insurance from 15 years ago... then I find out its from a policy starting in 1987, when I was like 10, which would have been impossible for me to buy own insurance unless some sorta child actor etc wink. So to get my medication I have to get a letter that I don't have insurance from Oxford dating back from 1987... So if see me in news killing a bunch of people or if I can sue state for a few million don't be shocked smile...
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 17
Black Lives Matter
Haha I'm very dyslexic... I edited it a bit... Basically Tampa won the lets get swept sweepstakes smile... Took me a while to figure out, then saw bolded an area haha smile. I had a long day yesterday... Basically they wont give me my ass medication that I got last month on a dollar co-pay for a refill... They claim something showed up from 2005, that I had insurance... So I gotta get a letter to prove I don't have insurance from 15 years ago... then I find out its from a policy starting in 1987, when I was like 10, which would have been impossible for me to buy own insurance unless some sorta child actor etc wink. So to get my medication I have to get a letter that I don't have insurance from Oxford dating back from 1987... So if see me in news killing a bunch of people or if I can sue state for a few million don't be shocked smile...

People could talk about a potential Tampa Bay Lightning Presidents' Trophy banner, but here's what i want to see:

"
2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins

Got swept by a team who got swept by a team who got swept
"
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 24
People could talk about a potential Tampa Bay Lightning Presidents' Trophy banner, but here's what i want to see:

"
2018-19 Pittsburgh Penguins

Got swept by a team who got swept by a team who got swept
"

Heh I just want to see Islanders in new arena so it wont show that damn vehicle all the time wink... I can't even watch Islanders home games between the blue jerseys w/ that SUV or so smile...
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 28
Black Lives Matter
Heh I just want to see Islanders in new arena so it wont show that damn vehicle all the time wink... I can't even watch Islanders home games between the blue jerseys w/ that SUV or so smile...

Because they have laces on their jerseys? I don't care about the laces, but the car takes up room for what could be other seats.
11 juill. 2019 à 1 h 31
Because they have laces on their jerseys? I don't care about the laces, but the car takes up room for what could be other seats.

Car makes the game look like crap... Its like watching an outdoor hockey game where has all that empty space or other things... Laces are part of uniform... If make it look like crap it only hurts... Besides having laces on uniform is very tone deaf/blind to the mentally troubled... You can't wear the laces, they are risk on rides, can cause injury or death... There many places that ban people from having laces or things like that smile... Playing w/ laces flopping around or in face is very distracting trying to hit a moving puck or stop it in net... If had long hair, drive w/ window open or topless cars it blows all over place wink...
11 juill. 2019 à 9 h 18
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169

barclays wasn't designed for hockey.
11 juill. 2019 à 10 h 16
Black Lives Matter
Car makes the game look like crap... Its like watching an outdoor hockey game where has all that empty space or other things... Laces are part of uniform... If make it look like crap it only hurts... Besides having laces on uniform is very tone deaf/blind to the mentally troubled... You can't wear the laces, they are risk on rides, can cause injury or death... There many places that ban people from having laces or things like that smile... Playing w/ laces flopping around or in face is very distracting trying to hit a moving puck or stop it in net... If had long hair, drive w/ window open or topless cars it blows all over place wink...

I agree about the car, but because of the seats. There could be seats there and they advertise a car. And I get that you don't like the laces, but why does that change who you cheer for?
11 juill. 2019 à 10 h 21
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mondo
barclays wasn't designed for hockey.

I know, it's made for basketball and that's why the Islanders should get out of there and move into Nassau Coliseum or somewhere else in New York. Some people say they'll move to a new city but I don't see that happening now that they're getting a new arena. I've heard the ice is terrible at Barclay's Center. They don't really seem to care too much about the hockey there, mostly the basketball. I get that some NHL teams play in the same arena as NBA teams, but at least those arenas are made for both sports. Barclay's Center is pretty much only a basketball arena. Isles will be playing 1 extra game at Nassau Coliseum this season, so that would count as their "main" arena, i guess. I just hope that if we make the playoffs we play all rounds there. If we make the 2nd round i don't want to see the Islanders play round 1 at Nassau Coliseum and then switch to Barclay's Center after that. I like the "make the 2nd round part" though lol. Hopefully we get further than that (or lose to the Rangers).

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage