SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CHI) - Shaw and 2021 7th round pick for 2020 2nd, 7th round pick, and 2021 3rd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 juin 2019 à 17 h 49
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: HabsForEver
Really? I think he was well loved and was a good hab, but if I had to choose a forward we lost, It was either him or Byron. I wish him all the luck in Chicago, but he has major injury problems and now we have cap space for tomorrow

I would've rathered Armia, but I know that wouldn't happen because he has less value and is also the only tall forward on the habs.
30 juin 2019 à 17 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
How many times has the Hawks trade a guy away only to bring him back> ? geez

Andrew Shaw
Marcus Kruger
Kris Versteeg
Brandon Saad
Andrew Ladd
Patrick Sharp
Johnny Oduya
Brian Campbell

8 so far.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 17 h 51
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
We got to see what Shaw's potential was and got pretty much the same value that we traded for him.

Chicago takes his full Salary and gives us two good draft picks for this years draft (In Montreal).

I wonder what the Cap Space is for?

MTL must be close to signing Duchene. I mean, why else make this deal now? Shaw is coming off a career best season and he's totally affordable. I'll reserve my vote til July 2nd, LOL.
Joe_La_Garnotte a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 17 h 54
Quoting: EthanK24
Andrew Shaw
Marcus Kruger
Kris Versteeg
Brandon Saad
Andrew Ladd
Patrick Sharp
Johnny Oduya
Brian Campbell

8 so far.

How many times out of these 8 has it benefited them to bring these guys back? I don't think they've done too bad, actually. I know Saad hasn't been a big success and Laad was a bust.
30 juin 2019 à 17 h 55
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Brian2016
How many times out of these 8 has it benefited them to bring these guys back? I don't think they've done too bad, actually. I know Saad hasn't been a big success and Laad was a bust.

Honestly none. But I’m confident that Shaw will buck that trend.
vmach et exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 17 h 56
Quoting: DSZ
Stan Bowman Still Thinks The Blackhawks are cup contenders LMAO

I actually do think they've improved a lot on paper this summer. They could be a playoff team next season if (a big "if") they can get even slightly below average defense and goaltending.
30 juin 2019 à 18 h 18
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
remember when blackhawk fans were all like.....We're going to get panarin he wants to resign and come back to chicago.......

Then reality hit, we got Shaw.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 18 h 47
Jzoni10
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 53
Quoting: mr_z
With Alzner & Weise burried. And Lehkonen & Armia to sign.

Habs have aprrox $15.5M in space.

I dont see Bergy moving him if there wasn't another piece projected to come in.

Not to mention 12 picks in next years draft.

Duchene and a trade for a top dman. Book it!

Happy for you guys, I wanted you to make playoffs last year but I think you can definitely make it this year! Best of luck, I don't see Nashville taking Mat so I think you got that part down!
30 juin 2019 à 18 h 51
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Quoting: CFMan
And Bowman was doing so good too...everyones streak has to end sometime

Panarin for Saad... Teravainen as a sweetener...
30 juin 2019 à 18 h 59
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
Quoting: JonJon
Panarin for Saad... Teravainen as a sweetener...

I was talking about his good moves this off season. I never said those were good trades... in fact they are bad...but thanks for sharing what everyone knows.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 2
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 92
Andrew Shaw
Marcus Kruger
Kris Versteeg
Brandon Saad
Andrew Ladd
Patrick Sharp
Johnny Oduya
Brian Campbell

8 so far.

CHI didn't get rid of those guys for no reason, most of them were let go after SC win, and when SC bonuses were kicking in next year they had no choice. Yeah, it happens a lot, when you win 3 cups, you know smile

But good thing is that shows that CHI likes what they have/develop and also shows that CHI is world class organization and players want to come back to play for them.
When players say hell no, I'm not coming back to that nightmare, that when you have to really worry about. Even Panarin mentioned a few times that he would have loved to get back, but will not happen of course.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 6
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Rumour has the 'Hawks and Jets are working out a trade to send Buff back to the 'Hawks.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 24
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Bergevin is a trade master. Has he ever lost a trade? That dude must have some good convincing skills.

Yep. He definitely didn't lose Sergachev for Drouin.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
I would've rathered Armia, but I know that wouldn't happen because he has less value and is also the only tall forward on the habs.

Shaw 27, over a guy who is 26 with control?

Shaw was going to play 3rd line minutes next season, same with Armia

Armia plays PK time and has shown he has some chemistry with KK (wheras Shaw was Drouin and Domi and neither are going to play center next year)

Armia is going to cost a lot less and Shaw is coming off a career year with previous health scares.

I think Montreal did the best they could in this situation.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 46
Quoting: Brian2016
MTL must be close to signing Duchene. I mean, why else make this deal now? Shaw is coming off a career best season and he's totally affordable. I'll reserve my vote til July 2nd, LOL.

There was no room for him. He was going to be playing 3rd line while we had guys on the 4th line who didn't belong there. This trade allows Lehkonen to move up to the 3rd line (he was middle 6 last season) and play where he belongs.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 48
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Yep. He definitely didn't lose Sergachev for Drouin.

Did he though? Sergechev is a helluva offensive defensemen, but he's 21 and still can't play defense to save his life. He's not a guy Montreal would want on their roster.

Drouin, while he didn't have a good end of the season, was on the 1st line and 1st line PP time. He also is on a good long term contract that will help us when we want to go all out.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 54
I want to thank MTL for safekeeping Shaw for us. (I would have preferred if he didn't get banged up few times on your watch, but he's mostly OK).
CHI landed Shaw for 3 years and got Debrincat and Krys as compensation, and now got Shaw back at 27 years old, wow I think its a good deal.
$3.9 hit is not horrible, considering healthy he is 15-20 goals scorer.
Plus you don't really get Shaw for his 15 goal in regular season, you get him for his 5 in playoffs.

Now CHI can send AA to anyone who wants him for 3rd rounder or so, regardless of Dach's progress.
HabsForEver, HabsFan9231 et exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 22 h 56
Quoting: vmach
I want to thank MTL for safekeeping Shaw for us. (I would have preferred if he didn't get banged up few times on your watch, but he's mostly OK).
CHI landed Shaw for 3 years and got Debrincat and Krys as compensation, and now got Shaw back at 27 years old, wow I think its a good deal.
$3.9 hit is not horrible, considering healthy he is 15-20 goals scorer.
Plus you don't really get Shaw for his 15 goal in regular season, you get him for his 5 in playoffs.

Now CHI can send AA to anyone who wants him for 3rd rounder or so, regardless of Dach's progress.

It's a good trade for both teams.

Just hope those Shaw injuries don't come back to haunt you guys. At the end of the day, Montreal got to see Shaw's full potential and Chicago stills gets his prime years out of him.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 23 h 13
It's a good trade for both teams.

Just hope those Shaw injuries don't come back to haunt you guys. At the end of the day, Montreal got to see Shaw's full potential and Chicago stills gets his prime years out of him.

Well injuries is part of hockey, anyone can have it at any time, no one really knows. Yes its a good trade if MTL is freeing space for someone like Lee or Duchene.
One thing I'd disagree with you is that MTL didn't get to see Shaw's full potential, because unfortunately MTL didn't make it into Playoffs last few years, thats where he can be a true game-changer.
Hockeyplayer1 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 23 h 18
Road for 25th
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4
I hope we could see in MTL
Shaw in a playoff run.. but we missed playoffs last 3 of 4 years, he came here for his leadership and experience in playoffs. Now with the departure of Shaw, Hudon and Deslauriers we need bigger guys. Weise was not a buyout cause we need him when playing tougher teams or in playoffs. Tomorrow MTL gets more size. Lee 6’3’’ (7M max) & Gardiner at 6M max. If more i pass... Lets bring Leddy and give NY Lindgren + julsen and 2nd round pick
30 juin 2019 à 23 h 19
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
LOL I SO SAW THIS COMING!! Typical Bowman at his best lol
30 juin 2019 à 23 h 37
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Bergevin is a trade master. Has he ever lost a trade? That dude must have some good convincing skills.

exo2769 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2019 à 1 h 53
Quoting: vmach
Well injuries is part of hockey, anyone can have it at any time, no one really knows. Yes its a good trade if MTL is freeing space for someone like Lee or Duchene.
One thing I'd disagree with you is that MTL didn't get to see Shaw's full potential, because unfortunately MTL didn't make it into Playoffs last few years, thats where he can be a true game-changer.

That's true. That's why he was first acquired for the playoff run. However, now that we have depth for days, Shaw wouldn't be anymore than a 3rd liner and unfortunately, 3.9 Million is too much for a 3rd line winger.
1 juill. 2019 à 1 h 53
Quoting: drewjenks

... What?

His good trades outnumber his bad trades 3 for 1 for sure. He barely ever loses in a trade.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
1 juill. 2019 à 5 h 40
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Montreal sells high on Shaw
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage