Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 juin 2019 à 1 h 54
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: HabsForEver
You're joking right? OEL and Chychrun are really the only guys who I would value over POJ. I would put Chychrun and POJ in the same category. They traded their 2nd best defensive prospect (Soderstrom is #1) in this deal.

Not at all. I'm not saying that PO isn't valuable, I'm saying that given what they have in the system, they can afford to move a guy like that for a player of Kessel's caliber. It's not something that really is going to screw them over by trading him, given that it's an organizational strength.
rebecca et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 2 h 43
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Kessel for Domi Arizona loses
30 juin 2019 à 3 h 0
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Arizona was close to a wildcard spot will the dealt with injuries more than any other team. The Galchenyuk trade didn't work. Didn't performed as good as hoped offensively and his defense is really bad. Kessel should boost their offense and if their players stay healthy, ARI could finally reach the playoffs
30 juin 2019 à 6 h 48
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
This is an absolutely horrible deal for the Pens. They get an ok former 1st round prospect that Rutherford himself classified as “depth”. They also get a 20 goal, 1-dimensional winger, that has injury and attitude problems who also is 1 year away from unrestricted free agency. A very underwhelming return for PHIL KESSEL, who has 3 years left of a bargain contract.
awesome a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2019 à 6 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Rutherford definitely wishes that Minnesota wasn’t on Kessel’s no-trade list. Rask & Zucker would have been a much, much better return, while also ridding themselves of Johnson’s contract.
30 juin 2019 à 7 h 29
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
I don't know what you mean with the Carolina thing, the two teams don't relate whatsoever.

It's the difference of having a 40 PT guy for 10 years opposed to having an 60 pt guy (Kessel will never put up a PPG on Arizona) for 3-4 Years

Then there is POJ that is projected to be a top 4 defender for the next 15 years when Arizona is in need of defensive prospects.

I think you're misrepresenting the situation by using the word projecting. The real term should be probability, because as with basically every prospect there is a likelihood given to every potential outcome. There is a possibility he never plays in the NHL at all and there is a possibility he turns into any average 3rd pairing guy which is basically free on the market (unless you're trying to sign Tyler Myers). I don't see how you possibly can have him projected as a top 4 D, since the Q has plenty and has had even more players producing similar results to him. The Q would produce at least a hundful of NHL top 4 defensemen every year if that was the case.
The Coyotes are in a good spot on their LHD with OEL and Chychrun locking up the top 2 positions for what, 6 more years? OEL has been that team's most important player for at least a handful years, he isn't likely going to be good for 10 more years. You can't present these arguments in a vacuum.

So even with that, Galchenyuk is just a worse Phil Kessel. I probably wouldn't want him on my team for 10 years. The point totals would be very irrelevant if it weren't for the fact that they are very much the same type of player.

Oh and before the 18-19 season Carolina and Arizona were very much in the same spot in a lot of ways. It was before Aho's ascendance into elite player and before Keller's sophomore slump. These teams seem very bad until they one day start competing. Arizona wasn't even bad last year and were, again, very injury plagued. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they made the playoffs this year, and it wouldn't have last year.
30 juin 2019 à 12 h 22
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Quoting: DSZ
Hot Dog Sales in Arizona are gonna Sky Rocket

Put your money in hot dog companies while you can boys. Ez money
30 juin 2019 à 14 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 247
Arizona is big winner in the short term, depending on how Joseph turns out could be a fair deal in the long run. But the penguins are notably worse for the next two years because of this deal.
30 juin 2019 à 14 h 11
Quoting: krakowitz
This is a great deal for both sides.

Kessel is reunited with Tocchet. and the Yotes get the raw skill that they need in their lineup. Kessel will be improving the PP and 5v5 scoring, as well as helping players like Keller and Schmaltz improve. He's exactly the type of player the Coyotes need and will be a big boost to their playoff push this year.

Galchenyuk didn't really do a lot to drive play for the Yotes, but he doesn't have to do that in Pittsburgh. He can be a passenger and let Geno drive the play, and really let his shot be his best weapon. It wasn't able to be utilized that well with the Coyotes. PO is a solid prospect, instantly their best D in the pipeline. That's not saying much, but it's something that they needed in their system.

I give the edge to the Coyotes because they got the best player in the deal, but it works out for both, especially with Pittsburgh getting much needed cap relief of almost $3M.

better check your numbers there, they got under 2mil in cap relief. The rest is a reasonable take though.
30 juin 2019 à 14 h 29
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: awesome
better check your numbers there, they got under 2mil in cap relief. The rest is a reasonable take though.

It was a typo, as I said earlier
30 juin 2019 à 15 h 16
Dom6Yotes
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 568
I understand the Coyotes are trying to win now, but I don't see Kessel as being the difference maker to turn them into a contender.

Kessel Is An Elite Sniper something Arizona didn’t have last season how is he not a difference maker ????
30 juin 2019 à 15 h 16
Dom6Yotes
I understand the Coyotes are trying to win now, but I don't see Kessel as being the difference maker to turn them into a contender.

30 juin 2019 à 15 h 33
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 136
The real steal of this trade is P-O Joseph.

The other two are one trick ponies with different levels of personality disorders.
30 juin 2019 à 16 h 38
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 679
"Oh no Phil Kessel is kinda lazy, oh no Phil Kessel is kinda antisocial, oh no Phil Kessel kinda likes gambling, oh no Phil Kessel is the hotdog man-meme"

He also scores a crapton of points. Have people considered that it migt be worth to deal with a slightly difficult superstar? As for the return, it's alright but Chucky and Joseph are never gonna replace Kessel's production.
1 juill. 2019 à 16 h 23
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
This deal is only good for Pittsburgh IF the Penguins actually play the defensive prospect sometime this millennium!
1 juill. 2019 à 16 h 24
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
I put Fair Deal but I still have a problem with it. YOU MUST EVENTUALLY PLAY YOUR YOUNG PLAYERS!
2 juill. 2019 à 23 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I think its a fair deal that Penguins win if that 1st round D-man ever pans out... Kessel they already got like 2 cups so what else can they do either win another cup or they lose? He always looks kinda fat or obese to me in pics... Like Grimace or so from McDonalds, I don't know if he is really fat or out of shape or its just a perception... They savaged him in Toronto till they finally traded him... I remember when he was supposed to be like a real super star legend top tier player.. Coyotes were cusp of playoffs so this move might get them over hump now... Knights suck on defense, got nothing in net, injury prone Fleury what are the odds he plays 30 ore more games smile? Penguins had to move this guy after all the hostility related to him... Maybe the Russian has chemistry w/ Malkin... He should score 20-30+ goals I think on team like Penguins smile... 25 goals at worse would be my guess for him, Kessel can boom or bust without much around him compared to Penguins...
3 juill. 2019 à 0 h 8
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
I put Fair Deal but I still have a problem with it. YOU MUST EVENTUALLY PLAY YOUR YOUNG PLAYERS!

you cant play them if there isn't any ready to actually play.
9 juill. 2019 à 14 h 44
Dom6Yotes
Quoting: JonJon
Kessel for Domi Arizona loses

Your a Clown if you think Domi is better than Kessel
awesome a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2019 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240

23 YO winger playing C puts up 72 points boosting his teammates numbers.

31 YO PPG winger puts up 82 points playing with Crosby and Malkin.

Compare any of their advanced numbers and you will know.
JonJon a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2019 à 18 h 12
J.L.
Mentions "j'aime": 66

Exactly. When Domi hits his prime Kessel's already retired. Is Arizona's SC window somehow wide open or something?
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2019 à 18 h 38
Quoting: JonJon
Exactly. When Domi hits his prime Kessel's already retired. Is Arizona's SC window somehow wide open or something?

Arizona's window is very close to ending before it even opens.
10 juill. 2019 à 1 h 16

the question isn't in 10 years, right now Kessel is obviously the better player. In 5-10 years Domi will obviously better(kessel probably wont be in the league unless he pulls a Jagr)
10 juill. 2019 à 8 h 52
Quoting: awesome
the question isn't in 10 years, right now Kessel is obviously the better player. In 5-10 years Domi will obviously better(kessel probably wont be in the league unless he pulls a Jagr)

Is Kessel better though? He put up 10 more points than Domi playing with Crosby and Kessel. He played winger and his defensive game is non-existant. I wouldn't say that statement so easily.
21 juill. 2019 à 17 h 16
Is Kessel better though? He put up 10 more points than Domi playing with Crosby and Kessel. He played winger and his defensive game is non-existant. I wouldn't say that statement so easily.

Kessel didn't really play on a line with Crosby other than the PP. Prior to last year he actually didn't play with Malkin that much on 5v5 either. He is bad defensively in general, not that domi is a shutdown defensive guy but he is miles better than Kessel defensively. Overall kessel is the better player, not by a massive gap, but he is better.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage