(PIT/ARI) - Kessel, Birks, 2021 4th for Galchenyuk, Joseph

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 juin 2019 à 20 h 56
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: MelonVK
This reasoning doesn't make sense. You could have said the exact same thing about Carolina before the season that just was. At some point out of your rebuild you push to win, and if you do it on time you're more likely to win

What trades did Carolina make that compares to what the Coyotes are doing?
29 juin 2019 à 20 h 58
Am Yisrael Chai
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,702
Pens probably take the win because of POJ
jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 20 h 58
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: HabsForEver
I understand the Coyotes are trying to win now, but I don't see Kessel as being the difference maker to turn them into a contender.

Me neither. They're gonna need some of their young Forwards to step up big next season. Schmaltz, Dvorak, and Chychrun to name a few. ARI is now a cap team. They need to get results next season.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 20 h 59
Quoting: Brian2016
Me neither. They're gonna need some of their young Forwards to step up big next season. Schmaltz, Dvorak, and Chychrun to name a few. ARI is now a cap team. They need to get results next season.

It's hard to believe they are at the cap and haven't made the playoffs in SEVEN years. Their core isn't getting any younger and they continue to trade good future prospects. Chayka is overated.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 0
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
The Coyotes are clearly looking to spark their franchise and are in "win now mode". They needed to make a splash and energize their fan base. They could be a playoff team next season as they play in a top heavy division. I can see them finishing ahead of LAK, ANA, VAN, and EDM.

I think you've got the wrong figure of speech. "Bottom-heavy" division is the phrase you're looking for. And I agree -- I'm in it.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 4
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Haha. Usually the votes favor the team that got the best player. Remember the Subban to NJD trade? When you look at the big picture the team that got the better player doesn't always win the trade. There are more factors to consider than just stats. And I think Galchenyuk will crush it in PIT. Kessel will probably take a big step back in point production.

Well, the Subban trade really was a win for the Devils, or at least it will probably be.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 5
It's hard to believe they are at the cap and haven't made the playoffs in SEVEN years. Their core isn't getting any younger and they continue to trade good future prospects. Chayka is overated.

This has to be his last chance to Turin things around in ARI. His analytical approach needs. to start baring fruit next season. He's made a lot of big deals and the fans are gonna want results. Especially from the young guys who've already signed big RFA extensions.
HabsForEver et DSZ a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 6
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Well, the Subban trade really was a win for the Devils, or at least it will probably be.

It probably will be a W for NJD but NSH needed to free up cap space and Subban was the odd man out. They certainly weren't gonna deal Josi, Eckholm, or Eliis.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 7
Habs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 136
I like both players Pittsburgh got but this is an absolute win for Arizona. They have terribly lacked in star power for basically their entire existence, and Kessel is a star.
capsin9 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 8
It probably will be a W for NJD but NSH needed to free up cap space and Subban was the odd man out. They certainly weren't gonna deal Josi, Eckholm, or Eliis.

I think Nashville won the trade, but people are going to think NJD won because they will make the playoffs.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 10
Quoting: ProfessorFuzzymuffins
Galchenyuk is one season away from unrestricted free agency. I'm already highly skeptical that losing Kessel will make Pittsburgh better, but if they don't resign Galchenyuk, this will be a disaster for the Pens.

PIT should look to extend him this summer before he has a bog season and costs them $6M+ AAV. It's a gamble for sure, but like you said, they're risking losing Kessel for next to nothing if they don't re-sign Galchenyuk. They could probably get him for around $4.5M-$5M on a mid range term right now.
rebecca et awesome a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 11
I think Nashville won the trade, but people are going to think NJD won because they will make the playoffs.

It's possible that both teams win. NSH's PP can't get any worse, right? They need to spend their cap space in a big time Forward like Duchene anyway. That was never gonna happen if they kept P.K.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 12
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: biglite351
Pens should have fired Sullivan and kept Kessel.

That rumor started with the hiring of a new coach in WBS.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 13
ComYog
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 111
Quoting: krakowitz
This is a great deal for both sides.

Kessel is reunited with Tocchet. and the Yotes get the raw skill that they need in their lineup. Kessel will be improving the PP and 5v5 scoring, as well as helping players like Keller and Schmaltz improve. He's exactly the type of player the Coyotes need and will be a big boost to their playoff push this year.

Galchenyuk didn't really do a lot to drive play for the Yotes, but he doesn't have to do that in Pittsburgh. He can be a passenger and let Geno drive the play, and really let his shot be his best weapon. It wasn't able to be utilized that well with the Coyotes. PO is a solid prospect, instantly their best D in the pipeline. That's not saying much, but it's something that they needed in their system.

I give the edge to the Coyotes because they got the best player in the deal, but it works out for both, especially with Pittsburgh getting much needed cap relief of almost $3M.

Of 3m how did you get 3m?
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 20
Hockey God Genius
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 810
A 25 yr old w/ tons of talent that scored 30 goals the only time on a good team and a former 1st rdr LHD prospect for a declining Phil Kessel .....
Im YES please !!!!
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 30
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
"winning" this deal really depends on what the term "win" means.
AZ will get at least 2 more solid years out of kessel. Is two years worth it? That depends what you expect out of it. I will say one thing about Kessel. He's a winner. He was here in pittsburgh for 4 years and they won 2 cups, would have probably won a 3rd if they had got past washington.
If the goal is to make the playoffs, he'll get them there. But he's not going to make that team a cup contender by himself.

I think the real prize here is POJ. If he plays well, the penguins win. They round out their LD for years to come and relatively cap friendly numbers.
There is no doubt this means by trade deadline JJ is gone.
It could be Galchenyuk is gone too if he doesn't play well. I think that's why it was important to have him on a 1 year deal and I don't see that changing.
He's easier to move if they have to. It will clear cap, and help them land a RW. A move that might be coming one way or another.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 40
Quoting: Sidstick87
A 25 yr old w/ tons of talent that scored 30 goals the only time on a good team and a former 1st rdr LHD prospect for a declining Phil Kessel .....
Im YES please !!!!

Galchenyuk doesn't have tons of talent. He's a one dimensional sniper that only scores on the PP. The Prospect is the main piece in this trade for Pittsburgh.
krakowitz, capsin9, Zubrowka and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 51
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
What trades did Carolina make that compares to what the Coyotes are doing?

Wouldn’t you look at it in hindsight and say maybe they should have acquired just a bit more high end quality to fill out any of their cap space? Making the ECF isn’t a long shot from the cup with one or two more big names on the roster. If Arizona does something similar we’ll all sit here and say they maybe should’ve pushed just a bit more for player upgrades.

But besides that point, even if Kessel is trending down and Galchenyuk up (which he really isn’t) Gally wouldn’t be better for a few years still. Kessel’s contract is up at that point. I think this makes a bunch of sense for the Coyotes, except for maybe getting rid of Joseph - but I assume they keep track of their prospects better than I do. Gally is 25, he’s not about to magically turn into a different player than the worse Phil Kessel he is today
rebecca a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 21 h 58
Quoting: MelonVK
Wouldn’t you look at it in hindsight and say maybe they should have acquired just a bit more high end quality to fill out any of their cap space? Making the ECF isn’t a long shot from the cup with one or two more big names on the roster. If Arizona does something similar we’ll all sit here and say they maybe should’ve pushed just a bit more for player upgrades.

But besides that point, even if Kessel is trending down and Galchenyuk up (which he really isn’t) Gally wouldn’t be better for a few years still. Kessel’s contract is up at that point. I think this makes a bunch of sense for the Coyotes, except for maybe getting rid of Joseph - but I assume they keep track of their prospects better than I do. Gally is 25, he’s not about to magically turn into a different player than the worse Phil Kessel he is today

I don't know what you mean with the Carolina thing, the two teams don't relate whatsoever.

It's the difference of having a 40 PT guy for 10 years opposed to having an 60 pt guy (Kessel will never put up a PPG on Arizona) for 3-4 Years

Then there is POJ that is projected to be a top 4 defender for the next 15 years when Arizona is in need of defensive prospects.
29 juin 2019 à 22 h 2
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: ComYog
Of 3m how did you get 3m?

Typo. $2M
29 juin 2019 à 22 h 4
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
There’s also not really room for POJ to grow here. OEL and Chychrun are top four, Oesterle under contract, and guys like Dineen, Bahl and Capobianco coming up shortly. That made Joseph expendable
rebecca a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 22 h 4
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 353
Penguins dumped an a guy who scored 174 points in 164 games. Phil was the catalyst for the penguins winning 2 cups also.....

They received 1.9 millions in cap relief and a guy who scored 92 points in 154games.

That’s 82 less points over 2 seasons..... not to mention AG is a ufa next year.

They got a solid D prospect

Imo the penguins are just making moves to make moves. They have literally closed the window in 1 calendar year. Seems dramatic but look what they gave up compared to what the received. This includes that awful JJ signing.

AZ wins this trade but in all honesty there wasn’t a trade the penguins could make that would have been a win....
29 juin 2019 à 22 h 33
Quoting: krakowitz
There’s also not really room for POJ to grow here. OEL and Chychrun are top four, Oesterle under contract, and guys like Dineen, Bahl and Capobianco coming up shortly. That made Joseph expendable

You're joking right? OEL and Chychrun are really the only guys who I would value over POJ. I would put Chychrun and POJ in the same category. They traded their 2nd best defensive prospect (Soderstrom is #1) in this deal.
29 juin 2019 à 22 h 34
GoJetsGo
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Wow it happened!
We're getting really spoiled with player movement. Eight trades in the last six days, and this being the second blockbuster move since the draft.
29 juin 2019 à 23 h 26
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
Wow it happened!
We're getting really spoiled with player movement. Eight trades in the last six days, and this being the second blockbuster move since the draft.

I expect to see some more within the next week after FA is done. There are ton of cap constaint teams (due to cap being lower than expected). Teams need cap space and most contenders don't have it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage