(CHI/CAR) - Forsberg, Forsling for De Haan, Saarela

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 juin 2019 à 23 h 28
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: vmach
Wow, CHI def won this one. When I saw DeHaan to CHI I automatically assumed Saad is part of the deal.
I think Gus is gone now, he can bring really nice return, possible top 6 LW or RW.
CAR if I were to guess is after Bob. Panarin is not coming to CAR or FL, maybe if no one else offer him anything decent, but thats hard to believe.

Who's gonna run point on the PP w/ Gus gone? CHI had the best PP in the league during the second half of last season. My guess is Bob to CAR and Panarin to FLA or NYR.
25 juin 2019 à 0 h 30
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Saarela is a nice pick up. Little odd he's been in the AHL so long, but I guess we'll see.
MountRoyal514 a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2019 à 7 h 9
MountRoyal514
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 257
Quoting: pharrow
Saarela is a nice pick up. Little odd he's been in the AHL so long, but I guess we'll see.

Totally agree, 3 of the 4 pieces moved spent time in the AHL last year, but Saarela thrived there, 30 goals in the AHL is still quite impressive, and he put up points consistently in the AHL playoffs too. AHL success doesn't always translate but he could be a steal for Chicago. Carolina must have some other moves coming up or they just gave away useful pieces for a poor return for no reason.
25 juin 2019 à 10 h 4
Drumman44
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 259
I initially thought that this was super lopsided in Chicago's favor. It looks like De Haan's injury may be a little more serious than I thought. Out to at least December and who knows what kind of shape he'll be in after? Taking a bit of a gamble on Chicago's side.
25 juin 2019 à 19 h 55
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 234
It looks like Sergei Bobrovski is heading to Raleigh, NC. When you consider this:
Outstanding NHL RFA’s: Aho (~$8M); McGinn (~$1.5M); Bishop & Forsling (~league min so ~$1.5M) = $12M
Current Canes cap space: $24.7M
Cap space after RFA’s: $12.7M

That leaves about $12M and change to net Bobrovsky and likely (re)sign a UFA forward, most likely Justin Williams but who knows. With $12-12.5M that’s doable. With about $8M? Just signing Bobrovsky would have been pretty dicey and required some maneuvering (assuming he gets $10M or close to it).
26 juin 2019 à 3 h 55
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
This deal doesn't make any sense for Carolina.
26 juin 2019 à 19 h 40
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
"They" forgot to ask for Fortin.
29 juin 2019 à 2 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I like the goalie Car got even if many don't... Also de haan is done, he was over rated on Islanders as it was but just didn't make it on Carolina who has a pretty solid blue line compared to most NHL teams... Vegas has the worst blue line in entire NHL without question now even worse than Kings wink. Majority is usually wrong so this means the team most picked will get better of this LT or Short smile. I know most wont agree with me so that is fine wink.
7 mars à 20 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Isn't this a fun trade to look back on? Total fleece by Carolina, but did they have any idea what they had, or were they just trying to free up cap space by trading for two guys they could bury? They signed both of them -- twice each -- so they must have seen some value, but they only got a total of three NHL games out of them (all by Forsberg) before losing them both to waivers. Meanwhile Chicago traded Saarela to Florida a few months later, and DeHaan eventually signed with Carolina again after his contract ran out, this time only for one year at league minimum.

I guess you have to give Carolina a big win in hindsight, even though they squandered it afterward, though they did achieve what they set out to do at the time, which was free up cap space.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage