SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Summarize Your Team's Draft

Are you happy with what your team did at the draft?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 juill. 2019 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
So you're assuming that just because Turcotte is going to college and that LA is on the downswing he's not going to sign with LA? Get real. A player with his talent won't stay in college for 4 years just to avoid signing with LA. He'll play 1, maybe 2 years in college. Vilardi was a great pick at the time, but no one foresaw his injury history. Of course you're going to have to wait a while for Turcotte, pretty much every team has to wait a while for their picks to become NHL ready. LA likely wasn't going to get an NHL ready player at 5th overall. Also, you say Hughes/Kakko/Byram were considered real deal players by most? Guess what...nearly everyone considered Turcotte the real deal too. He was consistently ranked in the top 3-4. McLellan is an excellent coach, I don't know what you're talking about. He was given a crap roster in Edmonton and was fired so the Chiarelli could save his job a little while longer. For Vegas, like I said, Krebs is good value based on where he was picked. You don't draft based on need, you take the best player available. And even if Vegas did draft for need, there wasn't a RHD available that wouldn't be considered a reach at 17th overall.

Broberg and Cozens are not NHL ready just because they're big, despite what you may think. You're delusional if you think that you can get an impact player right now with anything but a top 3 pick. There are only about 3 players that come out of the draft that can make a sizable impact in the NHL the next year. The fact that you think the lottery was "rigged" is telling enough about how you think things work. It's absolutely not rigged, or else they wouldn't give teams like Edmonton and New Jersey multiple 1st overall picks so close together.

First of all being the troll you are... This post was asking for emotional reaction not logic or reason... Talking about how feel about draft... So I'll explain to those who might read this how I'd have liked or felt happier...

For starters if Knights had to pick in that slot I would have been happier if they took the D-man Hurley who I think went 18th to Stars... I would been optimistic if they traded to get ahead of Florida to draft Spencer Knight... So they were trading guys like Miller/Haula to get under cap anyways... So why not package that in deal to move up to get a potential franchise goalie... Reality is nobody is going to trade w/ Vegas who alienated many GMs... Even if a team is trading they are going to try to rip them off/get over compensation... They can pay Reaves 3M but can't afford to pay Gusev 2-4M at forward... They got nothing on Defense unless sold on Whitecloud or somebody who hasn't played... That said they got like 18M wrapped up on guys who form the worst blueline in the NHL without any real upside or potential for a Norris...

Kings taking Turcotte at 5th will bust for them, I was hoping they would get the D-man, DAch, or take the Russian Vancouver took at like 10th... Why well he was expected by many to go in top 5 of early drafts... HE also gives them pretty much unlimited time to hold his rights... The 2nd rated European player when they took Vilardi who was ranged 4th for European Skaters the same as Turcotte... In the Vilardi draft I think the 2nd rated European player on wiki won the Calder last year for Vancouver... So basically Kings took Vilardi at 11th who was ranked the same as guy they just took 5th who will probably never play for them... Even if he does he is under 6 feet, too small for the west or Kings system in general... So maybe its another Camalari or O'Sullivan... Either way I'm not sold, they took Brayden Schenn 5th as last guy I remember in that slot... Other gems in top 5 for LA include Aki Berg and Hickey... I don't trust anybody Kings take in 1st round given their draft history...

Sharks didn't have much to work with or Islanders really... Jets another team I like well I'll just let people look at their great trades involving Trouba/Hayes/Lem heh... I watch The HOckey Guy so I know what all the people were rated to be taken in the draft by just about every site... He had a guy on for his live stream that is a scout who didn't like the Kings pick at 33 who was touted as a 1st rounder by many... So lets see you want to argue about my emotion or how I felt or should feel? That is what we call insanity in something we live in called reality smile...

YOur a 100% wrong about him having to stay 4 years... Kings gotta sing him by I think it was 2023... Again 100% wrong about everything including Vilardi who dropped because of the injury concerns in the first place much like Krebs at 17... I'll bet 15K that Turcotte never pans out for the Kings or plays for more than 3-5 years making any sorta impact wink. Jack Johnson was drafted by another team then had rights traded to Kings... I sign players out of college like Iafallo instead of wasting a top 5 draft pick... Again Kings should have traded out of the 5th slot instead of taking Turcotte especially if teams think he has any value... YOur own idiotic statements show I'm right 100%... BAsically 3-5 years maybe Turcotte will play? Kings paying 21M for 2 players in Kopitar/Drew Doughty shouldn't be waiting 5 years for a guy to finally be worth something or make an impact. So they either trade them or try to get some players... My team came in w/ 2 1st round picks but the rigged lottery system whose rules changed since the start to let them give picks to the teams they wanted netted the Kings 0 instant impact players... All the players taken ahead of Turcotte will probably be better much like Glass who Vegas took when they had 3 first round picks...

You think McLellan is an excellent coach? The guy who couldn't win w/ some of the best NHL teams ever in history on Sharks or do much w/ McDavid smile? YOu clearly don't know hockey or saw hims mismanage the Sharks up 3-0 against Kings... don't even comment on me as it relates to coaches as you clearly have no clue... So Colorado at 4th getting an impact player is insane who would probably have played for the Kings right away if not Avalanche this year? YOu really need to get some mental help since have an over inflated ego that is ready to explode smile. 5th pick won the Calder this year for Vancouver didn't he wink? Maybe he was 4th pick, Mariner is a 4th overall pick BTW idiot but people talk about paying him max salary compensation on offer sheet smile? YOu didn't even mention Seider, at least Cozens got a thumb injury to have an excuse wink.

Montreal most 1st overall picks w/ 5...
Oilers got 4 1st overall picks... like 3 in a row, then another for McDavid so about 40% of the last 10 years was picked by them... I know its rigged, the rules have changed since 1995 to let them rig it even more. I could break it down but its pretty blatant to anybody w/ 3 digits in their IQ... You are about 2 digits short so don't worry smile... BTW you managed to make me feel even worse about the draft than I did smile.
11 juill. 2019 à 13 h 0
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: Daoloth
First of all being the troll you are... This post was asking for emotional reaction not logic or reason... Talking about how feel about draft... So I'll explain to those who might read this
Montreal most 1st overall picks w/ 5...
Oilers got 4 1st overall picks... like 3 in a row, then another for McDavid so about 40% of the last 10 years was picked by them... I know its rigged, the rules have changed since 1995 to let them rig it even more. I could break it down but its pretty blatant to anybody w/ 3 digits in their IQ... You are about 2 digits short so don't worry smile... BTW you managed to make me feel even worse about the draft than I did smile.

please go over how you think the draft is rigged.
11 juill. 2019 à 13 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: mondo
please go over how you think the draft is rigged.

Draft lottery? Yeah, i had the same discussion with him. He really seems to think it's rigged. He mentioned Pittsburgh winning the Crosby draft lottery because the NHL wanted to save the team, but then why didn't the Thrashers win the draft lottery? The last few years they couldn't move up to 1st overall, but they could move up 4 spots by winning the lottery. And the Coyotes didn't move, but why didn't they win it in 2015 to get McDavid? Or 2016 with AUSTON MATTHEWS, the guy who is FROM ARIZONA. That would have sold a lot of tickets. Just imagine how much that would have changed the franchise. The NHL wants to help save teams, and i agree with that, but they also want to be fair, and they're being fair by not using a rigged lottery. He never gave me one good reason why it's rigged. He gave me a whole bunch of reasons, but not one that could make me change my mind. Of all teams, why Edmonton and New Jersey? I get it, maybe he thinks the NHL wants them to win lotteries because they keep winning it, but New Jersey has only won 2 of the last 3. Not "only" as if that's not very many, but it's not like they've won 3 in a row, and even then i wouldn't think it's rigged. Edmonton didn't really win 4 out of 6, they only won the lottery 3 out of 6 times, and the Devils won it in 2011, moving up only 4 spots. They were too high in the standings to go 1st overall, but they went up to 4th and Edmonton stayed at #1. Yes, that's the Devils, but if you count that year, that's 3 lottery wins in 9 years.

Why New Jersey and Edmonton? Why not Florida and Arizona? If they want to save teams, which they do, then if the lottery was rigged, they'd pick those teams to win. But it's not rigged. Those teams just happened to get lucky. Just like Buffalo in 2018, Toronto in 2016, etc. Yes, Florida won in 2014, but think about it: They had the 2nd best odds if i'm correct. And even if they'd moved up from 13th (only 30 teams back then and New Jersey wasn't in it because of the whole Kovalchuk thing) i wouldn't think it's rigged. But in 2016, why Toronto? Why would the NHL want Toronto to win the lottery? The team was never moving, and they were still selling tickets, i believe. Of all teams, why Toronto? The answer is because that's who the lottery balls chose.

@Daoloth never gave me 1 good reason to believe the lottery is rigged. He's allowed to think it is, but i disagree with him and he's not getting me to agree with him about that. I've given more good reasons why it isn't rigged and if none of us had given any reasons, the thing we should all assume is that it's not rigged. And unless someone gives me a good reason to believe it's rigged, then i'm not going to believe it's rigged. And so far, nobody's given me a good reason. Of all the teams who could have won the 2016 draft lottery, it was Toronto. They were the most likely, though, being the last place team that year. That makes sense. It would take 5 teams with the lowest odds winning in a row to make me believe it's rigged. He never gave me one good reason to believe it is.
30 juill. 2019 à 9 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Draft lottery? Yeah, i had the same discussion with him. He really seems to think it's rigged. He mentioned Pittsburgh winning the Crosby draft lottery because the NHL wanted to save the team, but then why didn't the Thrashers win the draft lottery? The last few years they couldn't move up to 1st overall, but they could move up 4 spots by winning the lottery. And the Coyotes didn't move, but why didn't they win it in 2015 to get McDavid? Or 2016 with AUSTON MATTHEWS, the guy who is FROM ARIZONA. That would have sold a lot of tickets. Just imagine how much that would have changed the franchise. The NHL wants to help save teams, and i agree with that, but they also want to be fair, and they're being fair by not using a rigged lottery. He never gave me one good reason why it's rigged. He gave me a whole bunch of reasons, but not one that could make me change my mind. Of all teams, why Edmonton and New Jersey? I get it, maybe he thinks the NHL wants them to win lotteries because they keep winning it, but New Jersey has only won 2 of the last 3. Not "only" as if that's not very many, but it's not like they've won 3 in a row, and even then i wouldn't think it's rigged. Edmonton didn't really win 4 out of 6, they only won the lottery 3 out of 6 times, and the Devils won it in 2011, moving up only 4 spots. They were too high in the standings to go 1st overall, but they went up to 4th and Edmonton stayed at #1. Yes, that's the Devils, but if you count that year, that's 3 lottery wins in 9 years.

Why New Jersey and Edmonton? Why not Florida and Arizona? If they want to save teams, which they do, then if the lottery was rigged, they'd pick those teams to win. But it's not rigged. Those teams just happened to get lucky. Just like Buffalo in 2018, Toronto in 2016, etc. Yes, Florida won in 2014, but think about it: They had the 2nd best odds if i'm correct. And even if they'd moved up from 13th (only 30 teams back then and New Jersey wasn't in it because of the whole Kovalchuk thing) i wouldn't think it's rigged. But in 2016, why Toronto? Why would the NHL want Toronto to win the lottery? The team was never moving, and they were still selling tickets, i believe. Of all teams, why Toronto? The answer is because that's who the lottery balls chose.

@Daoloth never gave me 1 good reason to believe the lottery is rigged. He's allowed to think it is, but i disagree with him and he's not getting me to agree with him about that. I've given more good reasons why it isn't rigged and if none of us had given any reasons, the thing we should all assume is that it's not rigged. And unless someone gives me a good reason to believe it's rigged, then i'm not going to believe it's rigged. And so far, nobody's given me a good reason. Of all the teams who could have won the 2016 draft lottery, it was Toronto. They were the most likely, though, being the last place team that year. That makes sense. It would take 5 teams with the lowest odds winning in a row to make me believe it's rigged. He never gave me one good reason to believe it is.

I would argue the hockey markets in Arizona/Atlanta/Florida are not as big or worth saving as edmonton, toronto, even NJ. Atlanta moved to Winnipeg, Arizona has sold 3 times and is likely the next team to get moved due to poor management. If Arizona had the same pull edmonton or toronto had they likely would have landed better lottery odds. Im not saying its fixed, but I also wouldnt be surprised if it was.
30 juill. 2019 à 9 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
To answer the real question: i was not a fan of the bruins draft this year. Beecher looks great but ive heard his ceiling is 3rd line center If he can be any higher than that than this is a good pick, but the team needs winger help bad and i feel this wasnt addressed at all. they could have gotten 2 top winger prospects in the draft had they taken kaliyev or brink and then traded up for the other.
30 juill. 2019 à 13 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: hanson493
To answer the real question: i was not a fan of the bruins draft this year. Beecher looks great but ive heard his ceiling is 3rd line center If he can be any higher than that than this is a good pick, but the team needs winger help bad and i feel this wasnt addressed at all. they could have gotten 2 top winger prospects in the draft had they taken kaliyev or brink and then traded up for the other.

I agree with you. I feel like the Bruins are banking on some untapped potential being there with Beecher, given he had a limited role with the NTDP team this year

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage