SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Summarize Your Team's Draft

Are you happy with what your team did at the draft?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

22 juin 2019 à 16 h 31
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Let me know how you feel your favorite team did at the draft. I'm curious as to how each teams' fan base felt that they did this year.
22 juin 2019 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Very happy with the 1st round, imo picked up the 3rd best player in the draft (Byram) and a forward with a very high ceiling in Newhook. I wish we would've gotten some more dynamic forwards later on with our 2nd and early 3 rounders (would've liked to trade up for Brink/Lavoie/Kaliyev) but I can't complain after getting Byram and Newhook.
22 juin 2019 à 18 h 18
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
the Penguins certainly did interesting things.
- not 100% certain there wasn't a better forward on the table at 21 than Samuel Poulin. Arthur Kaliyev, Ryan Suzuki, Raphaël Lavoie, even Bobby Brink or Jakob Pelletier.
- giving up that many extra assets to move up for Nathan Légaré seemed like a lot. but Légaré also dropped pretty precipitously from where everyone else thought he would go. so I think it balances out. interesting that he drafted 2 QMJHL wingers with decently high picks.
- overall, not too surprised that the Penguins went quality(ish) in the first few rounds and then just kinda got some guys later on. Valtteri Puustinen and Santeri Airola are overagers, so that fits with past drafting strats for the Penguins.

the Coyotes also did some interesting things.
- trading up to get Victor Söderström seemed like a bit much at the time. but they apparently thought the Panthers were gunning for him, so a necessary evil, I suppose. I can't say I disagree with drafting premium positions (center and defense, especially right-shot), like Chayka parrots all the time.
- he re-stocked the forward position very nicely. a lot of players whose rights he gets for quite a while; Russians, indefinite; Finns, Swedes, and NCAA players, 4 years. I thought the Valentin Nussbaumer pick was rather interesting; don't see Swiss players too often in CHL leagues.
- the trade-down with the Penguins was pretty good for Chayka, to get more draft picks to re-stock that forward pool.
22 juin 2019 à 18 h 34
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
Tampa was always gonna take Foote, after drafting his brother in 2017. His skating could be a worry on a team where skating is of particular importance. Seems like a safe choice so cant really complain. The Miller trade was a slam dunk. Moved salary without salary coming back and picked up a first rounder. Stoked.

As for the later picks time will tell. A goalie who seems the type to steal games one day then let in softies the next is worrying, but Rask took the bruins to the cup final. Couple of late defensemen always good.
Al Murray makes his money in the 3rd round though so quietly confident.
matulix a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 21 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Definitely for the Rangers. Is Simon Holmstrom good?
22 juin 2019 à 21 h 44
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Summary of the Blues draft:

We don't give a **** we won the Cup!
krakowitz, Rangsey, J2W and 2 others a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 23 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Definitely for the Rangers. Is Simon Holmstrom good?

Not first round good, at least on the surface. But time will tell
23 juin 2019 à 3 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: moli92
Very happy with the 1st round, imo picked up the 3rd best player in the draft (Byram) and a forward with a very high ceiling in Newhook. I wish we would've gotten some more dynamic forwards later on with our 2nd and early 3 rounders (would've liked to trade up for Brink/Lavoie/Kaliyev) but I can't complain after getting Byram and Newhook.

Yeah you guys definitely won the first round. Beaucage is a really good pick for you too, so you should be thrilled.
23 juin 2019 à 3 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
the Penguins certainly did interesting things.
- not 100% certain there wasn't a better forward on the table at 21 than Samuel Poulin. Arthur Kaliyev, Ryan Suzuki, Raphaël Lavoie, even Bobby Brink or Jakob Pelletier.
- giving up that many extra assets to move up for Nathan Légaré seemed like a lot. but Légaré also dropped pretty precipitously from where everyone else thought he would go. so I think it balances out. interesting that he drafted 2 QMJHL wingers with decently high picks.
- overall, not too surprised that the Penguins went quality(ish) in the first few rounds and then just kinda got some guys later on. Valtteri Puustinen and Santeri Airola are overagers, so that fits with past drafting strats for the Penguins.

the Coyotes also did some interesting things.
- trading up to get Victor Söderström seemed like a bit much at the time. but they apparently thought the Panthers were gunning for him, so a necessary evil, I suppose. I can't say I disagree with drafting premium positions (center and defense, especially right-shot), like Chayka parrots all the time.
- he re-stocked the forward position very nicely. a lot of players whose rights he gets for quite a while; Russians, indefinite; Finns, Swedes, and NCAA players, 4 years. I thought the Valentin Nussbaumer pick was rather interesting; don't see Swiss players too often in CHL leagues.
- the trade-down with the Penguins was pretty good for Chayka, to get more draft picks to re-stock that forward pool.

The Coyotes fascinate me. I have a strong feeling that if Seider wasn't taken at 6 (and Broberg at 8 to a lesser extent), they wouldn't have felt the need to move up in the draft so they could get Soderstrom. I like a couple of their later picks, especially Farinacci. Overall, not a great draft for them but not terrible. Obviously they're in love with Soderstrom and I hope there's more to his game than the second pairing defenseman everybody sees in him.
23 juin 2019 à 10 h 11
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
MIN: Yes
BOS: No
23 juin 2019 à 10 h 25
Habs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 136
Habs:
I'm over the moon about Cole Caufield. Stealing him could be franchise-altering.

Day 2, I'm a little less excited about. Jayden Struble and Mattias Norlinder are fine, I guess. And Rhett Pitlick was great value, but I'm not so excited about anyone else, and there are other players I would've much preferred.
23 juin 2019 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Icegirl
MIN: Yes
BOS: No

Beecher is a pretty interesting pick. He didn't really get the chance to shine this year given he was on that stacked NTDP team, so Boston is probably banking on some untapped potential being there. I actually like a few of their day two picks, specifically Olson and Mantykivi. I think they have outside shots at being players.

Minnesota had a great draft. Boldy at 12 is a great pick, and I think the Wild got a lot of value out of their day two picks. Firstov is really good, Jones is a good goalie, and Warren has a nice chance to play. I'm not that high on Beckman or Guskov, but for where they were taken, there's some value to be had. Lindberg is also a decent goalie prospect, but I don't think he's anything special.

The Nesterenko pick is one of the most fascinating of the entire draft to me. He's so young and did well playing prep hockey this year, so Minnesota probably sees a lot of raw talent there that is yet to be developed.
PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: OpaqueZoo
Habs:
I'm over the moon about Cole Caufield. Stealing him could be franchise-altering.

Day 2, I'm a little less excited about. Jayden Struble and Mattias Norlinder are fine, I guess. And Rhett Pitlick was great value, but I'm not so excited about anyone else, and there are other players I would've much preferred.

Totally agree. Given the playmakers you guys have down the middle, Caufield is going to be a great fit. I'm a big fan of the Struble pick for you guys too, but getting Caufield at 15 may be the best pick in the first round.
Caufzi a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 18 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
As far as the Caps go, I'm content with their draft. The McMichael pick is okay, but I would've preferred someone with higher upside like Kaliyev or Brink. But McMichael is the safer player, and given how thin our pool is, I understand why they wanted to get a guy who's basically a sure fire NHLer. Leason is good value in the second round, especially since it looks like he's going to play. I'm not a fan of trading up to take Protas, as I don't see him being a good enough skater to play. I do like trading up for Hugo Has, as I like his upside in the fifth round. He's got a shot to be a player for us. We probably got two players from this draft, maybe three if MHH pans out.

I think the big winner of the draft was Carolina. I think they got three first round talents and a potential starting goalie. Suzuki, Rees and Puistola are all guys with a lot of upside that really helps them round out their system. Kochetkov is an excellent goalie and I love his upside. Grabbing a player with as high a ceiling as Honka in the third round is a fantastic move for them. Fensore is one of my favorite sleepers of this class, Tieksola has a lot of upside for a mid round pick, and they also snagged Blake Murray. He's got good upside as a goal scoring center, and I think all of those guys I mentioned have legit shots to play. Even Kirill Slepets, the overeager, has some decent upside and played really well at the WJC this year. I don't think they made a bad pick in the entire draft, especially since they traded down numerous times to get more picks.
23 juin 2019 à 19 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Leafs didn't have a first which takes some of the excitement out of the draft. The picks selected where slotted in where they should be. So not disappointed and I'm NHL hopeful for three guys which is about the norm.
Leafs continue the tradition (right or wrong) taking fast, slender, some even short players. Physically ( I know they are young) one only looks NHL manly.
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: palhal
Leafs didn't have a first which takes some of the excitement out of the draft. The picks selected where slotted in where they should be. So not disappointed and I'm NHL hopeful for three guys which is about the norm.
Leafs continue the tradition (right or wrong) taking fast, slender, some even short players. Physically ( I know they are young) one only looks NHL manly.

I really like the Leafs draft. They got Robertson and Kokkonen, and I think both of them are going to be good players. Considering they didn't have a first round pick, I think they got some really good talent.
23 juin 2019 à 22 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: krakowitz
I really like the Leafs draft. They got Robertson and Kokkonen, and I think both of them are going to be good players. Considering they didn't have a first round pick, I think they got some really good talent.

Thanks for the input. Robertson and Kokkonen are two guys that I think have NHL potential.
Pleased that the Leafs got rid of "elephant in the room" Marleau.
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 22 h 9
V5 ANA and BOG
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 691
I liked the Leafs' draft. Marleau trade was a bit of a bummer (sad to see him leave to satisfy Paul Marner's ego, and losing a first rounder in the process) but I think the picks totally redeemed that. If the Leafs can keep picking like this, losing that draft pick won't hurt that much.
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: palhal
Thanks for the input. Robertson and Kokkonen are two guys that I think have NHL potential.
Pleased that the Leafs got rid of "elephant in the room" Marleau.

Quoting: NR1203
I liked the Leafs' draft. Marleau trade was a bit of a bummer (sad to see him leave to satisfy Paul Marner's ego, and losing a first rounder in the process) but I think the picks totally redeemed that. If the Leafs can keep picking like this, losing that draft pick won't hurt that much.

I think a lot of people are giving Dubas crap for making this deal, but he didn't really have much of a choice. If this was what it was going to cost for them to move Marleau, then it's what they had to do. But you're right in saying that hitting on Robertson and Kokkonen helps alleviate some of the hit that comes from trading a first rounder.
29 juin 2019 à 4 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I'm not happy with any of my teams draft especially Kings...
Turcotte will be a total bust never to play for LA... Players taken after him would have been better like Seider, Cozens, Broberg... Even Russian Vancouver took would have been a better move... Turcotte besides being too small to make it in West or on Kings at like 5'10ish... He is a college player so will never play for them likely signing w/ a team in a few years like Jack Johnson or Hayes among many others... They reached for another guy in 1st round who will bust or be another Forbort trash player probably... Only pick they have any hope on is maybe the 2nd rounder guy they took at like 33 w/ all the hype...

Vegas had another crappy draft as usual reaching for players or hoping some injured guy will recover... When 1st round pick can't even walk its a bad sign in general smile. TEam maybe could have traded some trash to get under cap instead of ruining team like they did moving Miller...

Sharks well they didn't have much so its hard to really celebrate or expect them to find anything really smile.... Other teams I like would be Islanders in East or Jets as CAnada team... Congrats to Avalanche getting the D-man they needed even though rigged lottery shafted them almost as bad as LA... Byram I think will be the best player out of the top 5 taken personally smile...
29 juin 2019 à 12 h 22
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
The Blues didn't pick until 62nd and got a steal in Nikita Alexandrov, so I'm happy. Anything else they get out of this draft is a bonus.
29 juin 2019 à 15 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 433
The Sabres had the same draft they always do. Slam dunk on their top 10 pick and reaches almost everywhere else on guys who aren't likely to ever play in the NHL. Worse still, they wasted picks moving up to take players who will likely never play in the NHL.
1 juill. 2019 à 10 h 44
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: Daoloth
I'm not happy with any of my teams draft especially Kings...
Turcotte will be a total bust never to play for LA... Players taken after him would have been better like Seider, Cozens, Broberg... Even Russian Vancouver took would have been a better move... Turcotte besides being too small to make it in West or on Kings at like 5'10ish... He is a college player so will never play for them likely signing w/ a team in a few years like Jack Johnson or Hayes among many others... They reached for another guy in 1st round who will bust or be another Forbort trash player probably... Only pick they have any hope on is maybe the 2nd rounder guy they took at like 33 w/ all the hype...

Vegas had another crappy draft as usual reaching for players or hoping some injured guy will recover... When 1st round pick can't even walk its a bad sign in general smile. TEam maybe could have traded some trash to get under cap instead of ruining team like they did moving Miller...

Sharks well they didn't have much so its hard to really celebrate or expect them to find anything really smile.... Other teams I like would be Islanders in East or Jets as CAnada team... Congrats to Avalanche getting the D-man they needed even though rigged lottery shafted them almost as bad as LA... Byram I think will be the best player out of the top 5 taken personally smile...

Turcotte was arguably the 3rd best player in the draft, and getting him at 5th overall is great value. You really think that Seider, Broberg, Cozens, and Podkolzin would've been better options? Seider and Broberg were both taken after Turcotte, and both were considered pretty big reaches for their respective draft positions. Sounds like you just have a size bias.

And shame on Vegas for "hoping some injured guy will recover". Wtf kind of take is that? Krebs at 17th overall is another good value pick, especially since he was consider a top 15 talent, and even top 10 by some outlets.
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
3 juill. 2019 à 6 h 36
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Turcotte was arguably the 3rd best player in the draft, and getting him at 5th overall is great value. You really think that Seider, Broberg, Cozens, and Podkolzin would've been better options? Seider and Broberg were both taken after Turcotte, and both were considered pretty big reaches for their respective draft positions. Sounds like you just have a size bias.

And shame on Vegas for "hoping some injured guy will recover". Wtf kind of take is that? Krebs at 17th overall is another good value pick, especially since he was consider a top 15 talent, and even top 10 by some outlets.

I wanted Kakko, Dach, or Bowen... I was hoping Turcotte would get taken 3rd overall or sometime before Kings drafted... I don't see a scenario where Turcotte signs w/ the Kings out of college then plays for them... I think he would be a fool to be playing college hockey only to sign with a franchise that isn't going anywhere. Maybe he will play well in the East, least if they took the russian they would control his rights not having to sign him within a small window of time. Kings people said got a great value grabbing Vilardi whose pick I liked... WEll years later, I'm still waiting for the expensive Italian sports car to get out of the shop wink. Best case scenario Kings would have to wait 2-3 years for Turcotte to play for them if he ever signs at all... For a team that hired some awful coach, having 2nd worst record in NHL, it should be looking to get a player impacting them now not 3-5 years later... Krebs taken by an organization that hasn't had a single draft pick play for them at a position they have more talent compared to nothing on defense... Knights have nobody who is a right shot d-man that is worth a nickel. Their left shot D-men are pretty much all over paid or nothing I see past a #4... They will probably trade Krebs, I'm not sold on him recovering from his injury.

Guy who drafted Seider has a lot better track record as GM compared to Blake who has a solid F... Broberg/Cozens I could see them playing for Kings right now or next year not hoping they sign/play in next 3-5 years... Having 2 first round draft picks failing to get anybody who is an impact player right now is an F in my book especially when had a top 5 pick which should have been 2nd overall... Kings missed out on the 3 real deal players most people agreed on w/ Hughes/Kakko/Bowen... Its one thing if they had a pick rigged for them like Devils getting 1st overall 2/3 years... Rangers having 2nd pick... TWo teams they whipped in Stanley Cup Finals... Then Blackhawks get gifted 3rd overall, even Avalanche who slid still got the stud player on Defense Kings needed... One of their picks is censored it was so bad, they just let a 2nd round pick go without even a tender.

Vegas loses Miller for nothing, who will cost 4.5M to 5M to replace... Haula gets dumped who nearly had 30 goals his last full season... Other players are moved/lost, yet getting Krebs is supposed to get me excited because he might be able to walk/skate like he used to smile? If VEgas found a way to keep their best D-man in Miller, their only legit right shot... Then maybe I could be happy with a draft from a team who has yet to have 1 player drafted even play for them in NHL. Kings 2nd round pick was expected to go top 10 by some people, LA has a real bad history in 1st round landing gems like Hickey and Berg. If by some miracle Turcotte pans out/plays for Kings scoring 30 goals... I'll be happy, I'm not expecting anything better than I got with Vilardi who I was excited about at time smile. Maybe if Vegas got a Spencer Knight I would feel difference since they got nothing in net now or in future I see winning a cup smile.
3 juill. 2019 à 11 h 1
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
Quoting: Daoloth
I wanted Kakko, Dach, or Bowen... I was hoping Turcotte would get taken 3rd overall or sometime before Kings drafted... I don't see a scenario where Turcotte signs w/ the Kings out of college then plays for them... I think he would be a fool to be playing college hockey only to sign with a franchise that isn't going anywhere. Maybe he will play well in the East, least if they took the russian they would control his rights not having to sign him within a small window of time. Kings people said got a great value grabbing Vilardi whose pick I liked... WEll years later, I'm still waiting for the expensive Italian sports car to get out of the shop wink. Best case scenario Kings would have to wait 2-3 years for Turcotte to play for them if he ever signs at all... For a team that hired some awful coach, having 2nd worst record in NHL, it should be looking to get a player impacting them now not 3-5 years later... Krebs taken by an organization that hasn't had a single draft pick play for them at a position they have more talent compared to nothing on defense... Knights have nobody who is a right shot d-man that is worth a nickel. Their left shot D-men are pretty much all over paid or nothing I see past a #4... They will probably trade Krebs, I'm not sold on him recovering from his injury.

Guy who drafted Seider has a lot better track record as GM compared to Blake who has a solid F... Broberg/Cozens I could see them playing for Kings right now or next year not hoping they sign/play in next 3-5 years... Having 2 first round draft picks failing to get anybody who is an impact player right now is an F in my book especially when had a top 5 pick which should have been 2nd overall... Kings missed out on the 3 real deal players most people agreed on w/ Hughes/Kakko/Bowen... Its one thing if they had a pick rigged for them like Devils getting 1st overall 2/3 years... Rangers having 2nd pick... TWo teams they whipped in Stanley Cup Finals... Then Blackhawks get gifted 3rd overall, even Avalanche who slid still got the stud player on Defense Kings needed... One of their picks is censored it was so bad, they just let a 2nd round pick go without even a tender.

Vegas loses Miller for nothing, who will cost 4.5M to 5M to replace... Haula gets dumped who nearly had 30 goals his last full season... Other players are moved/lost, yet getting Krebs is supposed to get me excited because he might be able to walk/skate like he used to smile? If VEgas found a way to keep their best D-man in Miller, their only legit right shot... Then maybe I could be happy with a draft from a team who has yet to have 1 player drafted even play for them in NHL. Kings 2nd round pick was expected to go top 10 by some people, LA has a real bad history in 1st round landing gems like Hickey and Berg. If by some miracle Turcotte pans out/plays for Kings scoring 30 goals... I'll be happy, I'm not expecting anything better than I got with Vilardi who I was excited about at time smile. Maybe if Vegas got a Spencer Knight I would feel difference since they got nothing in net now or in future I see winning a cup smile.

So you're assuming that just because Turcotte is going to college and that LA is on the downswing he's not going to sign with LA? Get real. A player with his talent won't stay in college for 4 years just to avoid signing with LA. He'll play 1, maybe 2 years in college. Vilardi was a great pick at the time, but no one foresaw his injury history. Of course you're going to have to wait a while for Turcotte, pretty much every team has to wait a while for their picks to become NHL ready. LA likely wasn't going to get an NHL ready player at 5th overall. Also, you say Hughes/Kakko/Byram were considered real deal players by most? Guess what...nearly everyone considered Turcotte the real deal too. He was consistently ranked in the top 3-4. McLellan is an excellent coach, I don't know what you're talking about. He was given a crap roster in Edmonton and was fired so the Chiarelli could save his job a little while longer. For Vegas, like I said, Krebs is good value based on where he was picked. You don't draft based on need, you take the best player available. And even if Vegas did draft for need, there wasn't a RHD available that wouldn't be considered a reach at 17th overall.

Broberg and Cozens are not NHL ready just because they're big, despite what you may think. You're delusional if you think that you can get an impact player right now with anything but a top 3 pick. There are only about 3 players that come out of the draft that can make a sizable impact in the NHL the next year. The fact that you think the lottery was "rigged" is telling enough about how you think things work. It's absolutely not rigged, or else they wouldn't give teams like Edmonton and New Jersey multiple 1st overall picks so close together.
UpsideDownQue a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage