SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NSH/NJD) - Subban for Santini, Davies, 2019 2nd round pick, 2020 2nd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

22 juin 2019 à 19 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: HabsForEver
Can't believe New Jersey paid that much to acquire a Cancer to the locker room. We all know who won the trade, It's not NJD or NSH

IT'S THE MONTREAL CANADIENS. THANKS FOR WEBER smile

Can’t wait till Subban gets Norris votes next year. One down year and his stock decreased that much lol
GMTD et DoctorBreakfast a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 19 h 22
Quoting: Jamiepo
Did my happy dance already. No pk to Toronto and we get to score even more goals on Jersey this year. Should be fun.

Lmao Subban would be by far the leafs second best D and could potentially rebound and be better than Rielly next season. I think people are using a whole lot of recent bias towards Subban. He was a Norris candidate last season. He had a down year. It happens. NJD are building something very special...
UpsideDownQue et GMTD a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 19 h 39
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: mhockey91
Lmao Subban would be by far the leafs second best D and could potentially rebound and be better than Rielly next season. I think people are using a whole lot of recent bias towards Subban. He was a Norris candidate last season. He had a down year. It happens. NJD are building something very special...

We have two completely different views. At the current moment not being sarcastic I would rate him four or five. Rielly muzzin Dermott then either zaitsev or subban, I lean towards zaitsev for his zone play and health.
22 juin 2019 à 19 h 52
We have two completely different views. At the current moment not being sarcastic I would rate him four or five. Rielly muzzin Dermott then either zaitsev or subban, I lean towards zaitsev for his zone play and health.

That may be the least intelligent comment I’ve seen on here. No offence. People don’t like Subban not because of his play (he’s an elite defensemen). It’s cause he’s an eccentric, energizing, African Canadian hockey player who sticks out from the crowd. He’s extremly talented and can change the pace of a game. Sure his last season was bad, but everyone has down seasons. He’s got a big personality and he backs it up from his play on the ice. Sure he isn’t the best defensively but neither is burns, rielly, letang, karlsson, etc...
UpsideDownQue, GMTD, CFMan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 20 h 0
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Even if he becomes a Norris contender again, he's still a cancer to the locker room. You should be super happy the Leafs didn't get him.

Remember when ROR was the "cancer" in BUF's locker room? Look how that turned out for STL
mhockey91, rangersandislesfan, CFMan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 20 h 2
Quoting: moli92
Remember when ROR was the "cancer" in BUF's locker room? Look how that turned out for STL

LMAO exactly! I hate all these “locker room cancer” comments. People just love to assume
22 juin 2019 à 20 h 22
LMAO exactly! I hate all these “locker room cancer” comments. People just love to assume

Exactly. The reality is the general public has little to no idea of what players are really like in the locker room. Calling players a "locker room cancer" is just a way for people to blame a team's failures on a scapegoat
mhockey91 et DoctorBreakfast a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 20 h 36
Exactly. The reality is the general public has little to no idea of what players are really like in the locker room. Calling players a "locker room cancer" is just a way for people to blame a team's failures on a scapegoat

“You can’t win with kessel, he’s a cancer”- proceeds to win two Stanley cups and was arguably the best player during 2016 run.”
“You can’t win with ORielly he’s a cancer”- conn smythe next year

I love the irony
UpsideDownQue, rangersandislesfan, DoctorBreakfast and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 21 h 30
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
What else does Nashville get in this trade? I think there's a mistake lol.
UpsideDownQue et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 21 h 52
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
What else does Nashville get in this trade? I think there's a mistake lol.

They traded Subban so they can pay duchene 10 million
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 21 h 58
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
They traded Subban so they can pay duchene 10 million

He got 13.25M in the GM game
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 22 h 1
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
He got 13.25M in the GM game

I know. Biggest joke
22 juin 2019 à 22 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: CMac66
I hope this trade highlights to people what the league thinks of pk subban, and his trade value. Players don't like him and don't want him on their team so the preds hands were tied to perceived low ball offers. The fact they shed his whole salary is incredible. I imagine a big forward splash in free agency. Go preds go!

You're def. right. I think the door is wide open for the pursuit of Matt Duchene. I would def. hold on to Kyle Turris as his stock is low following a very disappointing season. He could bounce back strong next season, but they'd never get good value if the traded him this summer. The question is: How expensive will Duchene be? My guess is 7 years at $8.5M.
CMac66 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 22 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Can’t wait till Subban gets Norris votes next year. One down year and his stock decreased that much lol

Not gonna happen unless it's one of those bias reporters in NJ. He's one of the most overrated players in the league on a bad contract.
22 juin 2019 à 22 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240

It's happened to Subban twice now. With ROR it was the team and not ROR, 2 teams is not a coincidence.
22 juin 2019 à 23 h 22
It's happened to Subban twice now. With ROR it was the team and not ROR, 2 teams is not a coincidence.

ROR was labelled as "toxic" to the Avs too before he was traded to BUF. That makes it 2 teams for ROR too. I don't see how this changes anything about Subban though
GMTD et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 23 h 24
Eichel Tower
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,441
So this cancer makes the playoffs all but 2 twice in his 10 year career. Montreal missed the playoffs the last 2 years.
I will tell you what a cancer does to a team. His teams makes the playoffs only 3 times in his 10 year career, then after he is promoted to "C" he tells every one that he gave up when the team finished last.
Subban may be a cancer but he does well and his teams do well. I will take that malignancy any time v the second one.

Quoting: WellIDK
Poor Nashville

Quoting: AudioCats
I know PKs stock has been falling a bit but oh god what is this. Good job NJ.

Quoting: ProfessorFuzzymuffins
I'm surprised they didn't get a first-rounder at least.

Wow. Good pickup by NJD, even with Subbans decreased value recently this is a steal

NJD will learn the hard way I guess. Cancer is Cancer

Quoting: Random2152
Wow. They got robbed. It was a cap dump so that's to be expected but still...

Quoting: toque
Even if that Subban contract is big, that's not a good return for NSH.

Subban is good, don't get me wrong, but that Attitude man. His image before the team, he's just not a good influence, especially for a young team like the Devils

Quoting: krakowitz
Subban sucks, but he doesn't suck this much

Yep, if we aren't including Montreal, Nashville won this trade hands down. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Cup if the Chemistry can be re-established.

Yes they do, I’m glad to see that a trade was finally done so I don’t have to see anymore agm’s with subban for a top 6 forward. They have the cap space now to make a splash in ufa and got rid of an anchor for good pieces.

Disagree strongly, I think Nashville wins this trade by a mile. Not even retention, Devils got fleeced.

Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Agreed Subban was bad this season but he might come back next year

Even if he becomes a Norris contender again, he's still a cancer to the locker room. You should be super happy the Leafs didn't get him.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2019 à 23 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
That may be the least intelligent comment I’ve seen on here. No offence. People don’t like Subban not because of his play (he’s an elite defensemen). It’s cause he’s an eccentric, energizing, African Canadian hockey player who sticks out from the crowd. He’s extremly talented and can change the pace of a game. Sure his last season was bad, but everyone has down seasons. He’s got a big personality and he backs it up from his play on the ice. Sure he isn’t the best defensively but neither is burns, rielly, letang, karlsson, etc...

Man I was with you till that weird insinuation of racism. I think this is a great trade for the devils, but I also do not like Subban and it has nothing to do with him being black. Being "eccentric" doesn't excuse selfishness and poor locker room presence. Although he was much better in Nashville (a city that embraced him btw) he still has a spotty track record. The unsubstantiated claims that people don't like him because of their unconscious or conscious bias is a tad crazy to me. That being said NJ paid pennies on the dollar here. And anyone who says Zaitsev is a better defender are either being dishonest or are just not paying any attention at all.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 0 h 18
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Patriot12992
Man I was with you till that weird insinuation of racism. I think this is a great trade for the devils, but I also do not like Subban and it has nothing to do with him being black. Being "eccentric" doesn't excuse selfishness and poor locker room presence. Although he was much better in Nashville (a city that embraced him btw) he still has a spotty track record. The unsubstantiated claims that people don't like him because of their unconscious or conscious bias is a tad crazy to me. That being said NJ paid pennies on the dollar here. And anyone who says Zaitsev is a better defender are either being dishonest or are just not paying any attention at all.

Or are just entitled to their own opinion as you are yours...
23 juin 2019 à 1 h 1
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Or are just entitled to their own opinion as you are yours...

Let me rephrase because I think I was overly harsh. The argument can certainly be made, im just wondering what makes you come to such a conclusion because the numbers don't bear it out. And i am a firm believer in the eye test and all but Zaitsev still falls short there to.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 2 h 6
Jimmy Stu
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 541
“You can’t win with kessel, he’s a cancer”- proceeds to win two Stanley cups and was arguably the best player during 2016 run.”
“You can’t win with ORielly he’s a cancer”- conn smythe next year

I love the irony

I don't recall any players referring to either Kessel or O'Reilly as locker room cancers or even complaints about them. But I sure have heard multiple players and teammates make those comments about subban. It goes beyond hockey.
Kessel was always 'tough to coach' and oreily wanted out of a 2nd losing environment. Never any 'bad in the room' talk
Patriot12992 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 8 h 58
Eichel Tower
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,441
O'Reilly played very well in the last 4 playoff games.
Subban's teams always seem to make the playoffs, in fact only 2 teams in his 10 year career did not make the playoffs.
O'Reilly teams have made the playoffs only 3 times in his NHL career, the Sabres never had a winning record while he was here. In a post season interview he said he gave up, IDK about you, but I never want to hear that from my captain.
St. Louis was a good team before he joined them. How many teams have Dunn, Parayko and Pietrangelo quality defensemen? The Blues missed the playoffs by 1 point last year, this year they added Bozak, Perron and O'Reilly, yet what was their record on January 3rd? Last place over all, What happened on the fourth, Binnington started playing.
I see nothing to lead me to believe that if Binnington did not play for the Blues, to conclude that the Blues would have made the playoffs.
I watched O'Reilly for 3 years in Buffalo, I assure you he never played as he did the last four games of the Stanley cup here in Buffalo. If he did, the Sabres would have made the play offs every year.
Let me finally add, without O'Reilly the Sabres improved by 14 pts over last year. With O'Reilly, Perron and Bozak the Blues improved by 5 pts.
But since this is about Subban, IDK about the locker room but his on ice performance in key games is top shelf, I would want him on my team and IMO Nashville just wanted to move him because of his salary. The return from the trade is not much different than Skinner, who Carolina wanted to move.

gretzkyghosts et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 18 h 46
Quoting: GMTD
Subban's teams always seem to make the playoffs, in fact only 2 teams in his 10 year career did not make the playoffs.
O'Reilly teams have made the playoffs only 3 times in his NHL career, the Sabres never had a winning record while he was here. In a post season interview he said he gave up, IDK about you, but I never want to hear that from my captain.
St. Louis was a good team before he joined them. How many teams have Dunn, Parayko and Pietrangelo quality defensemen? The Blues missed the playoffs by 1 point last year, this year they added Bozak, Perron and O'Reilly, yet what was their record on January 3rd? Last place over all, What happened on the fourth, Binnington started playing.
I see nothing to lead me to believe that if Binnington did not play for the Blues, to conclude that the Blues would have made the playoffs.
I watched O'Reilly for 3 years in Buffalo, I assure you he never played as he did the last four games of the Stanley cup here in Buffalo. If he did, the Sabres would have made the play offs every year.
Let me finally add, without O'Reilly the Sabres improved by 14 pts over last year. With O'Reilly, Perron and Bozak the Blues improved by 5 pts.
But since this is about Subban, IDK about the locker room but his on ice performance in key games is top shelf, I would want him on my team and IMO Nashville just wanted to move him because of his salary. The return from the trade is not much different than Skinner, who Carolina wanted to move.

No doubt it was a combination of binnington and adding other players, as well as the whole team starting to click at the right time, but can you just admit you were wrong about ORielly? I remember you were very happy when they traded him because of him being a bad locker room guy. Can you admit that was a bad move now? ROR is a legit stud in this leauge and just won the cup. Buffalo was building something special, shouldn’t have gave up on ORielly. He’s exactly what you guys need
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 18 h 49
Not gonna happen unless it's one of those bias reporters in NJ. He's one of the most overrated players in the league on a bad contract.

Once again, he was nominated for the Norris last season. The season before he lead him team to a Stanley cup final. He had ONE bad season lol. It happens. Kopitar had 50 points and followed it up with 92. Marchand had 41 points and followed it up with 37 goals the next year. BAD SEASONS HAPPEN!
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2019 à 18 h 51
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: GMTD

Buffalo's improvement this year came off of a 10 game winning streak. If you take that streak out and replace it with the pace they were on for the rest of the season, there isn't really improvement. Eichel and ROR was going to be a great 1-2 punch down the middle, but the team never gave those centers enough support. Reinhart hasn't lived up to his billing, Okposo was a bust of a signing, Nylander hasn't done anything yet, etc. And ROR was tired of losing, so he spoke his mind.

The Subban trade is a completely different discussion. That trade was purely about financials for the Predators.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage