Any talk about the NHL draft.
21 juin 2019 à 13 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
My mock draft:

Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Am I the only one doing this with all 31 picks?

Alright, anyway:

In the minutes before the draft, Vancouver and Edmonton agree on this trade:
VAN: Milan Lucic, pick #100 (4th rd), EDM's 2nd round pick in 2020
EDM: Loui Eriksson

Vancouver starts things off with a trade when they're hosting the draft. Last time I suggested this trade I was told Edmonton wasn't giving up enough. I had Lucic+3rd+6th for Eriksson. Would Lucic+2nd+4th be more realistic? Ericsson is the better player and Lucic has the extra year.

Draft begins:
#1 - New Jersey - Jack Hughes
#2 - NY Rangers - Kaapo Kakko
#3 - Chicago - Alex Turcotte
#4 - Colorado - Bowen Byram
#5 - Los Angeles - Cole Caufield
#6 - Detroit - Trevor Zegras
#7 - Buffalo - Kirby Dach
#8 - Edmonton - Dylan Cozens
#9 - Anaheim - Peyton Krebs
#10 - Vancouver - Philip Broberg
#11 - Philadelphia - Matthew Boldy
#12 - Minnesota - Raphael Lavoie
#13 - Florida - Philip Tomasino
#14 - Arizona - Arthur Kaliyev
#15 - Montreal - Alex Newhook
#16 - Colorado - Victor Soderstrom
#17 - Vegas - Vasili Podkolzin
#18 - Dallas - Ryan Johnson
#19 - Ottawa - Thomas Harley
#20 - Winnipeg - Moritz Seider
#21 - Pittsburgh - Cam York
#22 - Los Angeles - Samuel Poulin
#23 - NY Islanders - Matthew Robertson
#24 - Nashville - Ville Heinola
#25 - Washington - Brett Leason
#26 - Calgary - Spencer Knight
#27 - Tampa Bay - Tobias Bjornfot
#28 - Carolina ...
People on the draft show: "So, it'll be interesting to see who Carolina takes ... wait, here's Gary Bettman."
Fans: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Bettman: "We have a trade to announce. Carolina trade pick #28 to Buffalo in exchange for pick #31 and pick #67 (3rd rounder)."
#28 - Buffalo - Ryan Suzuki
#29 - Anaheim - Connor McMichael
#30 - Boston - Brayden Tracey
#31 - Carolina - Nils Hoglander

I know I had some bold picks in here, but we always see surprises at the draft.
21 juin 2019 à 13 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Last year's draft was crazy. Lots of surprises. Will be interesting to see if it's the same this year.
21 juin 2019 à 16 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
No Nolan Foote?
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
My mock draft:
21 juin 2019 à 17 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rangsey
No Nolan Foote?

Could go early 2nd round.
21 juin 2019 à 22 h 10
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
My favorite player is McDavid Connor
21 juin 2019 à 22 h 47
Philly Sports Fan
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 23
Shocker, the Flyers fans on social media hate the pick. Philly Jabroni needs to straighten these nerds out.
21 juin 2019 à 22 h 51
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
Quoting: Munsen88
Shocker, the Flyers fans on social media hate the pick. Philly Jabroni needs to straighten these nerds out.

Well if Toronto drafted the next Gretzky, some fans would still be mad
Munsen88 a aimé ceci.
21 juin 2019 à 23 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
CapFriendly, thanks for the quick updates on the draft.
22 juin 2019 à 0 h 0
Meme Enthusiast
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 229
don't see the logic in edm drafting another LHD we needed skill on the wing and didn't get it. don't get me wrong broberg seems like could be a solid nhl player, just does fit edm needs and there were better players overall available.

Edm passed on: Caufield, Krebbs, Zegras, Podkolzin, and Boldy to draft this kid. He better be good or else this pick could look ugly especially when rivals got skilled forwards.
LAK --> Turcotte
ANA --> Zegras
VAN --> Podkolzin
VGK --> Krebbs
22 juin 2019 à 0 h 18
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,489
Quoting: jjkhairaELTE99
don't see the logic in edm drafting another LHD we needed skill on the wing and didn't get it. don't get me wrong broberg seems like could be a solid nhl player, just does fit edm needs and there were better players overall available.

Edm passed on: Caufield, Krebbs, Zegras, Podkolzin, and Boldy to draft this kid. He better be good or else this pick could look ugly especially when rivals got skilled forwards.
LAK --> Turcotte
ANA --> Zegras
VAN --> Podkolzin
VGK --> Krebbs

Holland doesn’t rush prospects likely won’t see Broberg in NHL for 4 years right around when Klefbom could be gone or in last year. With some of the forwards dropping into the 2nd round Kaliyev, Leason, Brink, Lavoie still chance at picking up decent forward early in 2nd round
22 juin 2019 à 0 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
No Lavoie? No Kaliyev?

Seider at #6 was a surprise. But this year wasn't as surprising as last year LOL.
22 juin 2019 à 0 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Just came back from going to the draft. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
22 juin 2019 à 1 h 20
Meme Enthusiast
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 229
Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
Holland doesn’t rush prospects likely won’t see Broberg in NHL for 4 years right around when Klefbom could be gone or in last year. With some of the forwards dropping into the 2nd round Kaliyev, Leason, Brink, Lavoie still chance at picking up decent forward early in 2nd round

Have to hope that happens but, if he drafts the dman from the oil kings, he would have wasted a gold chance to add suitable depth on the wing for the future
22 juin 2019 à 7 h 3
Philly Sports Fan
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 23
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Well if Toronto drafted the next Gretzky, some fans would still be mad

haha yes, I don't know who's fans are more salty, Philly or Toronto.
22 juin 2019 à 9 h 4
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
I hope Simon Holmstrom turns out to be something good, but i'm good with this pick and i'll believe in this kid because he was apparently the consensus pick between isles scouts. The biggest reach for me was Seider, like, even he was surprised he got picked so early. Kaliyev is gonna take this personally and use it as motivation, the kids gonna be a hell of a player and whoever picks him should thank the hockey gods a team that could've used a skill goal scorer (*cough* *cough* isles) didnt take him. Lavoie im not high on, so i didnt mind seeing him drop to the 2nd round, although he'll go 32nd or 33rd. I wanted Tomasino, so Nashville got a great player in him. Also, LA got extremely lucky because i thought Turcotte was gona at 3. The Knights are also gonna love their pick. But i think the team that got the best haul (besides the Devils and Rangers) is the Avs. Byram is a future No. 1 and im high on Newhook, that team is set for the future. In 2-3 years imagine a starting lineup of Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen Byram-Makar. All that team needs now is a future franchise goalie and even though they didn't get Knight, this is still a deep goalie draft.
22 juin 2019 à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: klondikebar
I hope Simon Holmstrom turns out to be something good, but i'm good with this pick and i'll believe in this kid because he was apparently the consensus pick between isles scouts. The biggest reach for me was Seider, like, even he was surprised he got picked so early. Kaliyev is gonna take this personally and use it as motivation, the kids gonna be a hell of a player and whoever picks him should thank the hockey gods a team that could've used a skill goal scorer (*cough* *cough* isles) didnt take him. Lavoie im not high on, so i didnt mind seeing him drop to the 2nd round, although he'll go 32nd or 33rd. I wanted Tomasino, so Nashville got a great player in him. Also, LA got extremely lucky because i thought Turcotte was gona at 3. The Knights are also gonna love their pick. But i think the team that got the best haul (besides the Devils and Rangers) is the Avs. Byram is a future No. 1 and im high on Newhook, that team is set for the future. In 2-3 years imagine a starting lineup of Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen Byram-Makar. All that team needs now is a future franchise goalie and even though they didn't get Knight, this is still a deep goalie draft.

Remember when Newhook was projected to be a potential #2 pick?
22 juin 2019 à 10 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: klondikebar

I agree about Colorado. And the crazy thing is, this is a team who made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this past season, and they got Byram and Newhook. I think Montreal got a steal though.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage