Forums/Armchair-GM

how i feel about the flyers- Debate-LMK

Créé par: wolsen92
Équipe: 2019-20 Flyers de Philadelphie
Date de création initiale: 19 juin 2019
Publié: 19 juin 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I think Hayes was going to get 7x7 on the Market, the one thing I do not like and is making me sick is the NMC for the next 3 years. We are about to lose a very good player to Seattle, but we will worry about that road when we cross it..... We all wanted change from Hexy's regime for not being able add supporting talent, and I believe that Chuck has done a decent job with Gudas-Nisky Trade. It was not working out with Gudas, as we were not winning, and if Nisky can go back to the player he was during the cup run, we win that trade. Fletcher has openly said that he wants Myers in that role, they all love Myers, and for the longest time flyers fans were sick of Hexy being reluctant to play the kids... Well they are being played and given a huge role.... The Braun trade is whatever, its a second, which is an overpay, but we have always wanted Hexy to trade picks, and got mad if he didn't pull the trigger on trading picks. Braun is very underrated is what I have heard, and I think he made these moves, to really help Provy and Sanheim, give these younger guys a backbone to play with and allow them to play their game. Ghost is hopefully staying and if he is paired with Braun I believe he will back to his 2017-2018 form easily. The Hayes deal, could make or break the flyers. If he pans out, he might be able to reach 65 points +, he is very good on the PK and will take the load off of G and at the same time, he will help out Patty grow into a role as 3C and give him more favorable matchups. 7x7 does not bother me as much, think.. two years ago the flyers were paying Jori Lethera and Dale Weise that same amount, the money they shed from those guys goes into Hayes, who has flourished under AV and when playing with Linemates such as JVR and Jake will give him opportunities he might have never had before playing with NYR and WIN. I think he has set the flyers up to win, We all were sick and tired of the Hexy regime not being aggressive and being passive and waiting. The flyers had become mediocre for 5 years and tbh we are all sick of it..... I love Hexy but it is true. Chuck has put us into a position to win and win now. It is also only June 19 and we still have the Draft and FA. Chuck might not even be done yet. We cannot worry about expansion or future cap hell because quite frankly we aren't at that time yet. I believe in Fletcher and I believe in AV. This team could do some damage... Go flyers.
Additions-
Kevin Hayes
Matt Niskanen
Justin Braun
Subtractions-
Andrew MacDonald
Radko Gudas
2019 2nd Round Pick
2019 5th round pick
2020 3rd round pick

How in the world can people complain about these additions and subtracts, how about instead of worrying about the future worry about the 2019-2020 season.

Debate in the comments with me, this is just how I feel about all of these, I have nowhere else to write about the Flyers, so I write in on here haha, Thanks for reading and please leave comments on how everyone feels about the current state of the flyers.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de NJD
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de ARI
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de NSH
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
Logo de PHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1682 000 000 $51 994 762 $0 $2 995 000 $30 005 238 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
4 137 500 $4 137 500 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 3
3 571 429 $3 571 429 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
4 333 333 $4 333 333 $
C
UFA - 3
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
C, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
G
RFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG, AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 101
I have a really bad feeling about the flyers going into next year and my worries are based on the fact Chuck Fletcher just gave Kevin "Only scored 20 goals once" Hayes to 7 million per
wolsen92 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,690
I don't necessarily like/dislike the trades/signings but I do think Philly makes the playoffs next year and making the playoffs is a big contributor in Fletcher/ownership's mind right now IMO.
wolsen92 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 36
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 154
Quoting: hockeyfan14_
I have a really bad feeling about the flyers going into next year and my worries are based on the fact Chuck Fletcher just gave Kevin "Only scored 20 goals once" Hayes to 7 million per

The team 2 years ago made the playoffs, yet the pens absolutely murdered them, they had Val Filppula as a 3C and Jori Lehtera as a 4C, with Brandon Manning and Andrew MacDonald playing 17+ minutes a game, and Lehtera and Filppula going out trying to preserve a lead with 3 minutes left in the game. We did not have the depth then like we do now, and we have Carter Hart. This season is one of the most promising seasons we have had in a long time and we have a lot to look forward too. (Hopefully)
Gunmars et CaptJosef a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 38
Thats all great but you guys paid Kevin Hayes 7 million lol that doesn't justify it
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 41
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Interesting wording on Hayes "Seattle protection". Not necessarily a NMC, but the Flyers might have to give Seattle to avoid selecting Hayes.
If Hayes doesn't produce to a 7m level in the home fans eyes, Hayes might welcome a trade from Philly.
wolsen92 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 42
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Thats all great but you guys paid Kevin Hayes 7 million lol that doesn't justify it

He was probably going to get that much on the market anyways, you always overpay for FA, he hasn't shown any signs of regression, he is only 27 and he has very good line mates, Trust me I did not like the deal either, but you cannot change what has already happened. Bob McKenzie had him making 6.5-6.75 on the open market, and the flyers were not his first choice, so you pay him an extra 250k to stay.... I don't mind it
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 43
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: palhal
Interesting wording on Hayes "Seattle protection". Not necessarily a NMC, but the Flyers might have to give Seattle to avoid selecting Hayes.
If Hayes doesn't produce to a 7m level in the home fans eyes, Hayes might welcome a trade from Philly.

I see what you mean, that scenario is very possible.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 43
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 502

Kevin Hayes is more than just scoring. He upgrades the center depth, helps the pk, and allows Nolan Patrick to have more favorable matchups so he can develop. Wait a few years and 7 Million will be nothing just like how 5 million is a reasonable contract now.
wolsen92 et CaptJosef a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 44
Quoting: wolsen92
I see what you mean, that scenario is very possible.

Seattle protection?
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 46
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: F50marco
I don't necessarily like/dislike the trades/signings but I do think Philly makes the playoffs next year and making the playoffs is a big contributor in Fletcher/ownership's mind right now IMO.

Most people are just "meh" on the signings and the trades. Everyone wants Trouba or Duchene, they want the big fish, but I think WPG wanted Myers or Sanheim and that was something the Flyers were not going to budge with which is good it means they value these younger guys immensely and that they will have a huge role this season... as they should. I think they make the playoffs as well, but as we saw in this years playoffs, they need consistent goaltending to make a dent in the playoffs and they might have it this year (fingers crossed)
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: flyersarephilly
Kevin Hayes is more than just scoring. He upgrades the center depth, helps the pk, and allows Nolan Patrick to have more favorable matchups so he can develop. Wait a few years and 7 Million will be nothing just like how 5 million is a reasonable contract now.

Exactly how I feel, the signing of Kevin Hayes was more than just stats, it is how he fits in AV's system (he fits very well) how he addresses problems (PK) once again very well, and can teach the players AV's system, its not bad.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 48
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Seattle protection?

Lets say he has a terrible 2 seasons in Philly and its just not a fit like everyone wanted it to be, he can waive his NMC to be exposed in the draft, so Seattle can take him, Fresh Start
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 49
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 100

Maybe but the team was also in desperate need to add a 2C. Yes it's a overpay but probably not by much considering TSN was projecting him in a 6X6.6 to 6x6.8 range and other sites had him at 7x7. Considering the other options for 2C as free agents this was the logical choice. Only lost a 5th round pick and locked the guy up they were going to target anyway where if they traded for a 2C under contract we'd likely be losing a valuable asset for the future of the team. Plus hopefully given more opportunity of the PP and playing with JvR and TK he may be able to rack up more points and give PK 2 a shot in the ass.
wolsen92 et CaptJosef a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 49
LongtimeLeafsufferer
He was probably going to get that much on the market anyways, you always overpay for FA, he hasn't shown any signs of regression, he is only 27 and he has very good line mates, Trust me I did not like the deal either, but you cannot change what has already happened. Bob McKenzie had him making 6.5-6.75 on the open market, and the flyers were not his first choice, so you pay him an extra 250k to stay.... I don't mind it

Gee, I hate the the thought of a UFA, not really wanting to play in my city/team, but I'll do for a few more dollars. The best players to have are ones that are enthused to sign into their team.
It's like a an ordinary guy in the work force who takes a transfer or promotion to a place where he really doesn't want to work. Sure the additional pay is nice, but that's not so important in a short period of time. For Hayes sakes, good luck to him. Hope he performs well for his team mates, club and fans.
Phil2893 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 51
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: Gunmars
Maybe but the team was also in desperate need to add a 2C. Yes it's a overpay but probably not by much considering TSN was projecting him in a 6X6.6 to 6x6.8 range and other sites had him at 7x7. Considering the other options for 2C as free agents this was the logical choice. Only lost a 5th round pick and locked the guy up they were going to target anyway where if they traded for a 2C under contract we'd likely be losing a valuable asset for the future of the team. Plus hopefully given more opportunity of the PP and playing with JvR and TK he may be able to rack up more points and give PK 2 a shot in the ass.

Exactly, You can assume Hayes is worth a
B prospect
1st round pick
4th round pick
The Flyers got him for a 5th
19 juin 2019 à 16 h 54
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: palhal
Gee, I hate the the thought of a UFA, not really wanting to play in my city/team, but I'll do for a few more dollars. The best players to have are ones that are enthused to sign into their team.
It's like a an ordinary guy in the work force who takes a transfer or promotion to a place where he really doesn't want to work. Sure the additional pay is nice, but that's not so important in a short period of time. For Hayes sakes, good luck to him. Hope he performs well for his team mates, club and fans.

What I meant was that he was eyeing NYR and CHI according to reports, he would have gotten 7x7 I believe, he was very impressed with the Flyers and probably realized he would have a huge role in PHI, he also had his best years with AV.
palhal a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 17 h 16
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
I think Hextall was doing a very good job accumulating assets for the Flyers to eventually make a run for it. Fletcher seems desperate, and the Gudas trade is just straight up bad. Gudas made money below his pay grade and Niskanen currently makes well above his. Braun isn't that good anymore, but I guess he's fine. For me paying Hayes 7m is the least bad out of those 3 moves while downgrading from Gudas is clearly the worst. The Flyers were steadily getting better, and starting this season with a proper goaltender and maybe signing one solid UFA would have been enough for me to believe they were a playoff team. Downgrading on defense while signing that UFA makes me wonder.
19 juin 2019 à 17 h 21
LongtimeLeafsufferer
What I meant was that he was eyeing NYR and CHI according to reports, he would have gotten 7x7 I believe, he was very impressed with the Flyers and probably realized he would have a huge role in PHI, he also had his best years with AV.

Thanks for the input. I think Philly is great place to play. Seems to be team on the rise. In the very travel friendly Atlantic division. An East Coast American, like Hayes, might be the best landing spot.
wolsen92 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 17 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 130
Modifié 19 juin 2019 à 18 h 4

Oh no, now we'd only have six 20 goal scorers (3rd most in the league). Plus we have tons more depth at centre with a very good 2-way centre. It's been pointed out that Hayes 5v5 point scoring over the past few seasons is almost the same as Duchene's who's the number one UFA centre. Fact is you always give something to acquire a player. In a trade it's picks and player assets, for a UFA it's extra cap space. Flyers had plenty of cap and used it. Karlsson got 11.5, Skinner got 9, Nelson got 6(!). Good players are getting more expensive.
wolsen92 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 18 h 2
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: CaptJosef
Oh no, now we'd only have sux 20 goal scorers (3rd most in the league). Plus we have tons more depth at centre with a very good 2-way centre. It's been pointed out that Hayes 5v5 point scoring over the past few seasons is almost the same as Duchene's who's the number one UFA centre. Fact is you always give something to acquire a player. In a trade it's picks and player assets, for a UFA it's extra cap space. Flyers had plenty of cap and used it. Karlsson got 11.5, Skinner got 9, Nelson got 6(!). Good players are getting more expensive.

The fact is, we got a high quality player who can help us win now, and will make our team more structured and deep for a 5th round pick.....
CaptJosef a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 18 h 12
Démarrer sujet
neslow92
Quoting: MelonVK
I think Hextall was doing a very good job accumulating assets for the Flyers to eventually make a run for it. Fletcher seems desperate, and the Gudas trade is just straight up bad. Gudas made money below his pay grade and Niskanen currently makes well above his. Braun isn't that good anymore, but I guess he's fine. For me paying Hayes 7m is the least bad out of those 3 moves while downgrading from Gudas is clearly the worst. The Flyers were steadily getting better, and starting this season with a proper goaltender and maybe signing one solid UFA would have been enough for me to believe they were a playoff team. Downgrading on defense while signing that UFA makes me wonder.

Hextall was just that, he was unreal at stockpiling assets, but instead of tearing it down in a rebuild, he tried to have the team contend. He never gave our core a supporting cast, and he was reluctant to pull the trigger on trades- EXAMPLE- Ryan O'Rielly- Look how that went for the blues, and did not address holes coming in to his final season as a GM, and his reluctance to fire Hakstol when something needed to change, it was not working, they were stuck in limbo-- Also known as Mediocrity
Niskanen is better than Gudas, Nisky was getting off a long playoff run, he has a down year, is it possible that Parakyo or Peitro have a down year after logging big times minutes and playing in the SCF, most likely, Nisky is due for a bounce back year and he will.
Braun is extremely underrated, he is defensive d-man who can skate well, If paired with a player like Ghost, he will help ghost greatly.
Chuck has done a good job, he has given up none of our prospects, kept Ghost, and we still have #11OA and its June 19.
19 juin 2019 à 18 h 32
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Hextall was just that, he was unreal at stockpiling assets, but instead of tearing it down in a rebuild, he tried to have the team contend. He never gave our core a supporting cast, and he was reluctant to pull the trigger on trades- EXAMPLE- Ryan O'Rielly- Look how that went for the blues, and did not address holes coming in to his final season as a GM, and his reluctance to fire Hakstol when something needed to change, it was not working, they were stuck in limbo-- Also known as Mediocrity
Niskanen is better than Gudas, Nisky was getting off a long playoff run, he has a down year, is it possible that Parakyo or Peitro have a down year after logging big times minutes and playing in the SCF, most likely, Nisky is due for a bounce back year and he will.
Braun is extremely underrated, he is defensive d-man who can skate well, If paired with a player like Ghost, he will help ghost greatly.
Chuck has done a good job, he has given up none of our prospects, kept Ghost, and we still have #11OA and its June 19.

I mean the assets he got the Flyers haven't even necessarily had a chance to have an impact yet, and I'm just not okay with crediting Hart, Frost and other exiting young players to the next manager. The revisionist history regarding ROR is insane. I thought he was great at the time because advanced stats said so, but most people didn't buy into that then or even now. People on this board legitimately thought it was good to get rid of him, so idk about that argument. Gudas has been sneaky good for so long. Niskanen was good, yes, but he wasn't very good in the cup run either, it was before that he actually made a positive difference. No one is due a bounce back year, even if you have a past of poor luck that doesn't make you prone to more luck in the future. How is Braun underrated? He's like a #4 defenseman and people think he's a #3. Gudas is at worst a #3 but people think he belongs on the third pair. Not sure about this line of thought

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage