SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(WPG/NYR) - Trouba for Pionk & 1st round pick (#20 - WPG)

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 juin 2019 à 20 h 46
Tspky
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 980
So uh.. where is DetroitRedWingsFan?
GeraltofRivia, Chapee44 et Rooney a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 19
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
the Rangers had one of the worst D-corps in the last 2 years and turned that around big time without giving up substantial pieces on F or big prospects. that is absolutely amazing.

makes me wonder how the defense actually shapes up imo. RHS has Trouba, Fox, and DeAngelo, which makes me wonder about the prospects for Shattenkirk and Smith. While the LHS still has Skjei on top and Claesson should be a lock on the 3rd pairing, Rykov could be a surprise but who knows?, which leaves just Hajek and Staal.. ideally Staal and Smith sit and Shattenkirk shifts to W

Skjei - Trouba

Rykov - Fox

Claesson - DeAngelo

Hajek
Smith
Staal

and Hartfords defense looks much better too with Bigras on top, then Lindgren, Keane, Reunanen, Crawley, Day and Gilmour. amazing depth imo
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 22
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
the Rangers had one of the worst D-corps in the last 2 years and turned that around big time without giving up substantial pieces on F or big prospects. that is absolutely amazing.

makes me wonder how the defense actually shapes up imo. RHS has Trouba, Fox, and DeAngelo, which makes me wonder about the prospects for Shattenkirk and Smith. While the LHS still has Skjei on top and Claesson should be a lock on the 3rd pairing, Rykov could be a surprise but who knows?, which leaves just Hajek and Staal.. ideally Staal and Smith sit and Shattenkirk shifts to W

Skjei - Trouba

Rykov - Fox

Claesson - DeAngelo

Hajek
Smith
Staal

and Hartfords defense looks much better too with Bigras on top, then Lindgren, Keane, Reunanen, Crawley, Day and Gilmour. amazing depth imo

You completely forgot lundkvist and K'andre miller
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 25
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
You completely forgot lundkvist and K'andre miller

IIRC Lundkvist is slated for top line minutes in the SHL next year and Miller stays in college. could be wrong though
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 28
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
IIRC Lundkvist is slated for top line minutes in the SHL next year and Miller stays in college. could be wrong though

Oh you meant specifically next season, my bad
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 31
Hockey God Genius
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 811
Im a Pens fan and I can fully admit that the NYR are gona be a scary arse team in about 2 yrs... w/ the Trouba stealing , the Fox pick-up, the young NHLers, the prospects, and getting Kappo this draft.
If yinz can work this rite, ya'll could be dominate for yrs.
17 juin 2019 à 21 h 57
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
I like the deal from both sides. This is probably the best deal the Jets were going to find for him. It's a cheap 2nd pairing RHD and a mid first which is probably about what they'd hope for since they most likely couldn't find the perfect deal where they get essentially a cheaper replacement for him. Once people watch Pionk more, they'll see how he's actually a very strong defenseman, just doesn't have the name recognition yet.

The Rangers are getting the best player in the deal though, so they should be considered the winners. They gave up two pieces that they didn't really need for a guy who can be their top pairing RHD as this team rises up in the ranks of the leagues best.
17 juin 2019 à 22 h 6
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
That's all WPG got...?
17 juin 2019 à 22 h 10
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,697
Chevy: Stan what??? Who?!?! Psh...hold my beer Paul.
17 juin 2019 à 22 h 50
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,429
How could WIN not include an additional conditionnal draft pick if Trouba resigns or get traded at deadline?!?! What a steal...

NYR could flip him at the next deadline and get a better return!
17 juin 2019 à 23 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: krakowitz
I like the deal from both sides. This is probably the best deal the Jets were going to find for him. It's a cheap 2nd pairing RHD and a mid first which is probably about what they'd hope for since they most likely couldn't find the perfect deal where they get essentially a cheaper replacement for him. Once people watch Pionk more, they'll see how he's actually a very strong defenseman, just doesn't have the name recognition yet.

The Rangers are getting the best player in the deal though, so they should be considered the winners. They gave up two pieces that they didn't really need for a guy who can be their top pairing RHD as this team rises up in the ranks of the leagues best.

Quoting: jpsnow13
How could WIN not include an additional conditionnal draft pick if Trouba resigns or get traded at deadline?!?! What a steal...

NYR could flip him at the next deadline and get a better return!

Pionk is no 2nd pair D, he sucks!
17 juin 2019 à 23 h 19
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Tough news for a NJD fan tonight. Karlsson and Trouba now off the table. Gotta pass on P.K. Subban if he becomes available from NSH. I guess Shero will be building from within.
18 juin 2019 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Is Chevy drunk? This is Chiarelli level dumb. Spend your 1st on 1 year of Hayes trade back for that pick with a top pair defenseman.
18 juin 2019 à 0 h 17
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: GeraltofRivia
NY Rangers have a ton of cap space so they can give Trouba whatever he wants

Jets still in cap space trouble. Pionk will get around 3 million so the Jets still need to clear out some players to free up some cap room.

Trouba had a great season. He's gonna get a monster contract from the Rangers ($7.5M+ AAV). Now, what happens w/ Myers and Chiarot? Can they keep both? Will Laine get $10M+?
18 juin 2019 à 0 h 29
J.L.
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Trouba wasn't going to sign long term in WPG. They could have kept him for 1 year and get another late round pick next summer. Better trade him now and get back that 1st. WPG was going to lose anyway.
18 juin 2019 à 1 h 18
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Quoting: CapFriendly
Trade confirmed: New York Rangers - Winnipeg Jets

WINNIPEG SINCE JUNE 2018:

Trouba
Lemieux
Armia
Petan
4th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

FOR

Poink
Lindholm
5th Round Pick

18 juin 2019 à 1 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Love this trade for the Rangers.

I feel like Winnipeg could've gotten more for Trouba.
18 juin 2019 à 1 h 58
Felicenapoli93
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 79
Looking for all the fans making AGM trading a whole team for Trouba
CD282 a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2019 à 2 h 9
Nazaleaf
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
Don't think it's a fair deal. Chevy's hands were tied so you could cut him some slack, but Trouba is worth much more than they got. It's essentially a Rangers steal.
Rooney a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2019 à 7 h 1
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
I'm speechless, cant believe that is all the Jets got.
18 juin 2019 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Quoting: Brian2016
Tough news for a NJD fan tonight. Karlsson and Trouba now off the table. Gotta pass on P.K. Subban if he becomes available from NSH. I guess Shero will be building from within.

Sabres will give New Jersey Ristolainen for Hall.
18 juin 2019 à 10 h 7
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
You almost think Winnipeg has to keep Myers now. That blue line is looking pretty thin. Morrissey and Byfuglien are the only proven top 4 defensemen they have under contract. Niku could grow into that as the season goes on, but he's still young and unproven. Kulikov is pretty bad, and I wouldn't want Pionk, Beaulieu, or Morrow on my second pairing.
rangersandislesfan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2019 à 10 h 27
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
You almost think Winnipeg has to keep Myers now. That blue line is looking pretty thin. Morrissey and Byfuglien are the only proven top 4 defensemen they have under contract. Niku could grow into that as the season goes on, but he's still young and unproven. Kulikov is pretty bad, and I wouldn't want Pionk, Beaulieu, or Morrow on my second pairing.

Kulikov is a decent 3rd pairing guy. Maybe a 7th. Pionk on the bottom pair is pretty good, but I wouldn't want him in my top 4 either, at least not yet. Maybe in the future but he's not a top-4 guy yet. I think it's a risky move because we don't know for sure that they're going to sign Myers, but I think they'll sign him now because a) I believe they now have the cap space and b) without Trouba that makes their blue line worse. Even with Myers, i'm not too sure if their blue line is good enough.
18 juin 2019 à 10 h 34
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552
Who saw this coming
18 juin 2019 à 10 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Who saw this coming

A lot of people.