Forums/Armchair-GM

Trading Up at the Draft with Edmonton

Créé par: CD282
Équipe: 2019-20 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 17 juin 2019
Publié: 17 juin 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I have seen several proposals for trading back in Oilers forums and wanted to explore the idea here. Would Ottawa be willing to do something like this?

Here are similar trades, although none involve a top-10 pick, which carries great value on draft day.
Transactions
OTT
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2019 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
2019: #8
EDM
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2019 (CBJ)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (OTT)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
Détails additionnels:
2019: #19 + 32
2020: 25 (approx)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de FLA
Logo de PIT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de DAL
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1883 000 000 $48 485 000 $0 $3 710 000 $34 515 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 650 000 $4 650 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 937 500 $2 937 500 $
C
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance360 000 $$360K)
DG
UFA - 1
755 000 $755 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 juin 2019 à 16 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634
Quoting: YvanF
You're never going to get Batherson. You are not assessing players correctly if you are asking for Batherson as incentive for moving up in the draft (specially for the Sens) as Batherson is the Sens equivalent of Bouchard.
The oilers may trade one of their esteemed LD. But due to their lack of depth at RD as well as the sheer promise that Bouchard represents, he aint going nowhere. The same could be said about Batherson.
Also, why would you want another centreman. The Oil need a good 3C. That is not going to be a rookie/prospect. That slot will be filled by a more veteran player (due to the tougher zone and faceoff assignments). The oil need promising speedy wingers. Formenton IS that. Abramov would be another perfect candidate (but I feel he is too much like Yamamoto and wouldn't be recommended).

That being said, as mentioned earlier, Sens are bursting at the seams with Centre's and if you are seeking a C (which I don't understand since you've already got 97, 29 and 93), you'd have better luck grabbing another one of their centre prospect, such as Norris.

Two things: (1) you clearly don't follow the Sens as closely as you claim to, and (2) you need more reliable sources. Drake Batherson is a winger.
18 juin 2019 à 16 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Quoting: sammy_daws1997
Im not saying the sens would do it. Im saying the oilers would want that for the 8th overall pick.

For sure. I'd agree with that.
18 juin 2019 à 17 h 32
Quoting: CD282
Two things: (1) you clearly don't follow the Sens as closely as you claim to

Not that I care if you believe me or not as you're entitled to your opinion and seem to have taken offense to what I felt was a civil and simple hockey debate and make it personal.
But care to explain why you think I don't watch or "follow closely" the Sens.

(2) you need more reliable sources. Drake Batherson is a winger.

First, I don't have any sources. Have never claimed to have sources. I LOVE watching Junior hockey (WHL, OHL, the Q, U18's, etc) and really enjoy following prospects. I base my opinions on my own observations that I've observed through me own eyes.
I never claimed to know or have any access to any special information from the inside.

I really don't care why you label him as solely a winger.

But fine... I'll bite: Drake Batherson has played both centre and RW his whole life, and can play both Centre and RW seamlessly.
His Elite Propsect page confirms this: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/195192/drake-batherson
So does his Dobber Page: https://dobberprospects.com/player/drake-batherson/
So does his capfriendly page: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/drake-batherson

Furthermore, its not rocket science that you don't put a rookie prospect centering his own line when bringing them into pro level (nhl or ahl). You first break them in by allowing them to get used to the speed and strength of players at the pro level by giving them top 6 minutes (when they are A level prospects) on the wings. Then, when they've acclimatized to the league and developed and grew into their lanky frames, you reassess them and see if they can take on the very important role/responsibility (especially in todays nhl) to Centre his own line.

As of right now, and this is MY OWN ASSESSMENT, I see him as having top six Centre ceiling, with a floor of middle to top six winger. That is my own opinion I've based on watching him closely throughout the years. If you disagree with this, that is fine.

Furthermore, the Sens have used the SAME development approach on Colin White, primarily given RW minutes as he's progressed in his development, and late this year was given his own line and may be given his own line in top six right from the start of next season (2019-20).
18 juin 2019 à 17 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634
Quoting: YvanF
Not that I care if you believe me or not as you're entitled to your opinion and seem to have taken offense to what I felt was a civil and simple hockey debate and make it personal.
But care to explain why you think I don't watch or "follow closely" the Sens.

First, I don't have any sources. Have never claimed to have sources. I LOVE watching Junior hockey (WHL, OHL, the Q, U18's, etc) and really enjoy following prospects. I base my opinions on my own observations that I've observed through me own eyes.
I never claimed to know or have any access to any special information from the inside.

I really don't care why you label him as solely a winger.

But fine... I'll bite: Drake Batherson has played both centre and RW his whole life, and can play both Centre and RW seamlessly.
His Elite Propsect page confirms this: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/195192/drake-batherson
So does his Dobber Page: https://dobberprospects.com/player/drake-batherson/
So does his capfriendly page: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/drake-batherson

Furthermore, its not rocket science that you don't put a rookie prospect centering his own line when bringing them into pro level (nhl or ahl). You first break them in by allowing them to get used to the speed and strength of players at the pro level by giving them top 6 minutes (when they are A level prospects) on the wings. Then, when they've acclimatized to the league and developed and grew into their lanky frames, you reassess them and see if they can take on the very important role/responsibility (especially in todays nhl) to Centre his own line.

As of right now, and this is MY OWN ASSESSMENT, I see him as having top six Centre ceiling, with a floor of middle to top six winger. That is my own opinion I've based on watching him closely throughout the years. If you disagree with this, that is fine.

Furthermore, the Sens have used the SAME development approach on Colin White, primarily given RW minutes as he's progressed in his development, and late this year was given his own line and may be given his own line in top six right from the start of next season (2019-20).

You just proved my point.

If you followed the Sens closely you'd know that Batherson hasn't played center in either Belleville or Ottawa, and the fact that you cited sources that also don't know this proves you need better sources.

Batherson isn't a center. Plenty of guys play center in junior but have to shift to winger in order to make it in pro hockey. And to counter your point about having a rookie center his own line in pro hockey, you obviously didn't know that Batherson's center in Belleville was the lanky, 6'6" rookie Logan Brown.
18 juin 2019 à 18 h 32
You just proved my point.

If you followed the Sens closely you'd know that Batherson hasn't played center in either Belleville or Ottawa, and the fact that you cited sources that also don't know this proves you need better sources.

Batherson isn't a center. Plenty of guys play center in junior but have to shift to winger in order to make it in pro hockey. And to counter your point about having a rookie center his own line in pro hockey, you obviously didn't know that Batherson's center in Belleville was rookie Logan Brown.

LOL. You're knit picking. So I miss wrote when I said "Batherson played both position his whole life", i meant before he turned pro. LOL.
Yes, I know he hasn't played Centre at the ahl or nhl, that is why I said my comment about starting a skinny lanky kid as a centre. (which Brown is not by the way, 6.6, 220 pnds)
You using Brown as point of contradicting my statement is also wrong. You can't compare the two.
1) Pick pedigree:
Brown was a first round pick, esteemed to be a top (A grade prospect), so much so that the Sens traded up for him and gave up a 3rd round JUST to move up ONE spot. LOL.
If YOU had followed Brown's development throughout the last years, you'd realize its been extremely rocky. Sent back to the minors two years in the row after being drafted. Was deemed a HUGE disapointment and the top brass was ready to give up on him and not resign him after his ELC if he didnt show any progress this year. Only in his third year (post draft) has he made sufficient development where the organization finally tasked him with the role that they hoped he'd fill when they drafted him.
Batherson was a 4th round, overager that was considered a project.
2) Size: Batherson had the height but was skinny/lanky and was clearly drafted knowing he had some filling out to do before he could even be considered to play in the ahl.
Brown was a monster from the get go, at 6.6 since draft day and over 200 pounds (he is now 220-230). This drastically affects the way you (the coach and mgmt) feel comfortable playing him Centre as you know he isn't going to get manhandled and injured.
3) Stages of development. Brown has one year of development over Batherson. They may have the same age, but were drafted a year apart, and Brown has been to 3 training camps which provided him with much more access to additional coaching, resources and feedback for his development.
But to be honest, I don't even know why I'm allowing myself to be baited here. This is pointless. Brown is not even a comparable player to Batherson. Apples to orange.

On a different note: I'm a big fan of Troy Mann and how he's coached and helped develop the kids in Bellevile.
18 juin 2019 à 18 h 36
And you know what, Batherson MAY in fact NEVER be a CENTREMAN in the NHL. And that is fine. That is not what I'm arguing.
What I'm saying, and what you seem to be missing, is the fact that IN MY OPINION, THROUGH WHAT IVE SEEN: I see him as having top 6 ceiling. He has the intelligence and the skill to play 2C for sure, maybe even 1C one day.
AND its my opinion.
I;m completely fine with you disagreeing with it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage