(PIT/CHI) - Määttä for Kahun & 2019 5th round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 juin 2019 à 15 h 34
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
I think they are going after Jacob Trouba in a trade & sign and then locking him down longterm. Since Winnipeg is going to loose him anyways they will try to get as much as they can for him and I'd offer them Jack Johnson, Erik Gudbranson, Dominik Simon and a 5th round pick. If they don't take it they will loose him anyways because he's not going to sign there again.

I def. think PIT will be after Trouba, but so will NJD, NYR, and a handful of other teams w/ bigger cap space and assets than PIT.
16 juin 2019 à 15 h 36
Quoting: Sidstick87
No Thanks... PENS have ZERO need for 30+ players, We have enough Vets- Pens moves will all be going after players 28 and younger only and getting rid of ....
1- J. Johnson
2- Kessel - (dont believe what GMJR said
3- 1 of either goalie - Desmith or Jarry
4- Maybe Schultzy but only if we get back a #2 RHD

Kessel is as good as traded, in my opinion. They need to change things up a little. JR needs the appearance of a win though. So, he won't give Kessel away cheap.
Sidstick87 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2019 à 15 h 42
Hockey God Genius
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 810
Quoting: Brian2016
Kessel is as good as traded, in my opinion. They need to change things up a little. JR needs the appearance of a win though. So, he won't give Kessel away cheap.

Ive been saying since Kessel rumors started it will be a 3 team trade... Its almost impossible for it not to be IMO.
- If he trades for picks and Prospects or young NHLers ... He has a plan to sign Breadman or Duchene IMO... I really think he is all in on getting a new younger 3rd Star
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
16 juin 2019 à 17 h 24
Quoting: Sidstick87
Ive been saying since Kessel rumors started it will be a 3 team trade... Its almost impossible for it not to be IMO.
- If he trades for picks and Prospects or young NHLers ... He has a plan to sign Breadman or Duchene IMO... I really think he is all in on getting a new younger 3rd Star

I agree. Sid and the rest of the base still have a few years left to contend for the Cup. They have to reload and keep adding roster players. I understand the need to get younger, but they'll have to sacrifice their long term future in order to win now. That's just the reality of a salary cap league. At the end of the day I think Kessel will be traded for a 2 player package, like maybe Zucker and Fiala from MIN. I'm not saying that's a fair deal necessarily, but I don't think it'll be a 1 for 1 type trade.
16 juin 2019 à 19 h 3
a11111
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 201
Quoting: Hockeylover360
I loved Maatta (my first hockey crush) however I think Kahun is a great (and cheap) addition to the team. Like we have a sweetner with the 5th too.

A Kahun a Maata ta . (To both players and family )
Missouri a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2019 à 9 h 29
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
as much as I like Kahun. Maata is highly underrated and improves the Blackhawks significantly

You dont watch hockey
17 juin 2019 à 9 h 33
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
I think they are going after Jacob Trouba in a trade & sign and then locking him down longterm. Since Winnipeg is going to loose him anyways they will try to get as much as they can for him and I'd offer them Jack Johnson, Erik Gudbranson, Dominik Simon and a 5th round pick. If they don't take it they will loose him anyways because he's not going to sign there again.

top 1 worst trades i've ever seen
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2019 à 13 h 40
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 92
I thought the reason Kubalik was eager to sign with CHI was the fact that Kahun was there (his country man and old body from minors). I guess we will have to wait and see, but I don't like how Stan handled Panarin situation and now now Kahun. Players and agents are looking and taking notes, CHI might have a hard time bringing new talent in from Europe if this sign and flip show continues.

Otherwise, I like this trade. Kahun is great player and has potential, but to be fair he didn't show much playing without Cat and/or Kane on same line. I think he will do fine in PIT, but I don't expect miracles.
Maattaa, might be injured a lot, but should he get healthy he can proof to be a nice shutdown, shot blocking D, CHI has been missing since Hammer departure. I think its a win win.

If anything Kahun is a 3rd - 4th liner, and CHI has plenty of those. It probably shows that CHI is on the move to acquire a winger for 1st line and or C for second and moving Strome to wing. and will be drafting a C, probably Turcotte.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2019 à 13 h 48
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,573
Quoting: vmach
I thought the reason Kubalik was eager to sign with CHI was the fact that Kahun was there (his country man and old body from minors). I guess we will have to wait and see, but I don't like how Stan handled Panarin situation and now now Kahun. Players and agents are looking and taking notes, CHI might have a hard time bringing new talent in from Europe if this sign and flip show continues.

Otherwise, I like this trade. Kahun is great player and has potential, but to be fair he didn't show much playing without Cat and/or Kane on same line. I think he will do fine in PIT, but I don't expect miracles.
Maattaa, might be injured a lot, but should he get healthy he can proof to be a nice shutdown, shot blocking D, CHI has been missing since Hammer departure. I think its a win win.

If anything Kahun is a 3rd - 4th liner, and CHI has plenty of those. It probably shows that CHI is on the move to acquire a winger for 1st line and or C for second and moving Strome to wing. and will be drafting a C, probably Turcotte.

Kahun played for Germany at worlds and Kubliak Czech. However, they did play together in Sudbury. I get what you're saing. I am indeed curious about how the European players would view CHI. Panarin is clearly an outlier, but he's not mad at all. Even bought Kane a Rolex because Bowman played him in the 82nd second game of the year (which he didn't have to). Yes it took the very last game for Panarin to make his max bonus. Kempny also got a big extension and Rutta's made Millions. I actually think they view CHI quite favorably still. no?
17 juin 2019 à 15 h 26
Quoting: exo2769
Kahun played for Germany at worlds and Kubliak Czech. However, they did play together in Sudbury. I get what you're saing. I am indeed curious about how the European players would view CHI. Panarin is clearly an outlier, but he's not mad at all. Even bought Kane a Rolex because Bowman played him in the 82nd second game of the year (which he didn't have to). Yes it took the very last game for Panarin to make his max bonus. Kempny also got a big extension and Rutta's made Millions. I actually think they view CHI quite favorably still. no?

Kahun, has German citizenship, but he is CZ.
Yes, Panarin did buy Kaner a Rolex, but this is because Kaner went out of his way to help him get his bonus, so did the coach, not sure about GM thou. (Kane and Bread are friends and had chemistry and that is not small thing). He never hid his dislike about being traded to CBJ, he is a professional and he wants to succeed and he knows business is business, but if you read between the lines, its obvious. Given the right circumstances would he come back? Probably. But we are not even talking about him, we are talking about others that are looking to come in.
Yes all players you mentioned, did make money one way or another, but there are some kids that want to come here to play on the team they like, not just to play in the NHL. No everyone is out for the money, otherwise Mikheyev would have never picked cap strapped TOR. (most good Suiss and KHL players make more than ELC anyways).
Just saying it will be hard to get new talent to sign, if CHI gets this sign-and-flip reputation, cause they have many options on the table, thats all.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2019 à 15 h 54
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
Quoting: punchmaster11
I'm also wondering if this trade implies that the Pens could be going after someone in free agency?

That's exactly what I thought! I'm hoping they are going after another forward!!
17 juin 2019 à 16 h 1
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I think it's an overpayment for Maatta.
17 juin 2019 à 18 h 41
GM67
Mentions "j'aime": 316
Second time posting on this trade and the 3rd time Celebrating Christmas morning! Thank you Chicago for all that you've done to help us out in every way possible. Let's Go Pens!!!
18 juin 2019 à 15 h 49
Second time posting on this trade and the 3rd time Celebrating Christmas morning! Thank you Chicago for all that you've done to help us out in every way possible. Let's Go Pens!!!

Wow, almost sounds like you are trying to persuade yourself. I mean, its fair deal, you are getting decent F, and CHI is getting stay home guy who can play PK and block shots. Keep in mind most of Kahun's points came from playing on top two lines and he was fairly quite on the 3rd line. CHI has a huge needs for both 1st and 2nd line wingers and yet they didn't keep Kahun permanently welded to those lines. There must be a reason for that, don't you think?
You are not getting ripped off here, but its not like you just won a Megaball. CHI won because they dead last on PK and Maatta will block some shots, and PIT won cause they got promising F at low $.
But seeing all those Ds flying off the shelf in the last 2 days, CHI can potentially flip him at draft. just saying.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2019 à 16 h 14
exo2769
Mentions "j'aime": 9,573
Modifié 22 oct. 2019 à 17 h 21
Wow, almost sounds like you are trying to persuade yourself. I mean, its fair deal, you are getting decent F, and CHI is getting stay home guy who can play PK and block shots. Keep in mind most of Kahun's points came from playing on top two lines and he was fairly quite on the 3rd line. CHI has a huge needs for both 1st and 2nd line wingers and yet they didn't keep Kahun permanently welded to those lines. There must be a reason for that, don't you think?
You are not getting ripped off here, but its not like you just won a Megaball. CHI won because they dead last on PK and Maatta will block some shots, and PIT won cause they got promising F at low $.
But seeing all those Ds flying off the shelf in the last 2 days, CHI can potentially flip him at draft. just saying.

Yeah, I do have to admit. Even just a few days after my initial quote of being very upset. (AND I'll admit I was.) While, I'm still not 100% convinced Maatta is THE solution...I'm seeing this trade as a little better already. Dmen are soooo expensive right now.
vmach a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2019 à 19 h 19
GM67

Maatta's days are in the past. Pens win.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2019 à 10 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 199
Kahun, has German citizenship, but he is CZ.
Yes, Panarin did buy Kaner a Rolex, but this is because Kaner went out of his way to help him get his bonus, so did the coach, not sure about GM thou. (Kane and Bread are friends and had chemistry and that is not small thing). He never hid his dislike about being traded to CBJ, he is a professional and he wants to succeed and he knows business is business, but if you read between the lines, its obvious. Given the right circumstances would he come back? Probably. But we are not even talking about him, we are talking about others that are looking to come in.
Yes all players you mentioned, did make money one way or another, but there are some kids that want to come here to play on the team they like, not just to play in the NHL. No everyone is out for the money, otherwise Mikheyev would have never picked cap strapped TOR. (most good Suiss and KHL players make more than ELC anyways).
Just saying it will be hard to get new talent to sign, if CHI gets this sign-and-flip reputation, cause they have many options on the table, thats all.

The players that Chicago has signed as European free agents came to Chicago because they believed they'd get a real shot at playing games in the NHL. And they all did.
Panarin, Kempny, Kampf, Rutta, Kahun, Gustafsson, Raanta, Tikhonov, Rasmussen, even Nilsson got 2 games and he's a bottom 6 AHL guy. And these are just players in the last 5 years.
Tikhonov and Rasmussen are not NHL caliber players and probably never were. But they all got a real shot at playing in the NHL with the Hawks.
Kempny had a rough go but ultimately the Hawks traded him into a position where he could excel and he has and got paid. Rutta got paid by the Hawks for no reason last year and then was traded. Raanta is a starter in the NHL now. Gustafsson struggled to get a lot of ice time under Q for reasons everyone is aware of, but he still played 41 games his first year.
The rest of the players are going to have decent and well paying careers in the NHL. That is what players are looking for when they come over from Europe as UFA.
19 juin 2019 à 10 h 37
Quoting: Hockeyplayer1
The players that Chicago has signed as European free agents came to Chicago because they believed they'd get a real shot at playing games in the NHL. And they all did.
Panarin, Kempny, Kampf, Rutta, Kahun, Gustafsson, Raanta, Tikhonov, Rasmussen, even Nilsson got 2 games and he's a bottom 6 AHL guy. And these are just players in the last 5 years.
Tikhonov and Rasmussen are not NHL caliber players and probably never were. But they all got a real shot at playing in the NHL with the Hawks.
Kempny had a rough go but ultimately the Hawks traded him into a position where he could excel and he has and got paid. Rutta got paid by the Hawks for no reason last year and then was traded. Raanta is a starter in the NHL now. Gustafsson struggled to get a lot of ice time under Q for reasons everyone is aware of, but he still played 41 games his first year.
The rest of the players are going to have decent and well paying careers in the NHL. That is what players are looking for when they come over from Europe as UFA.

Some just looking for a chance, but not all by far. Panarin, Kahun, Gus, Wedin, Mikheyev and many more, they have options, in some instances as many as 20-30 teams chasing them.
19 juin 2019 à 10 h 40
Maatta's days are in the past. Pens win.

Yes, 24 years old D man is done and 23 year old F is just getting started. Cool story bro.
19 juin 2019 à 20 h 15
GM67
Yes, 24 years old D man is done and 23 year old F is just getting started. Cool story bro.

Yes. Maatta has had multiple surgeries, multiple concussions, his feet have the speed of a stump so yes I think his time has passed.
29 juin 2019 à 3 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I like Chicago here always like this D-man even if he didn't quite put up years or numbers expected... Blackhawks often look like they doing moves that will help only for them to fail badly though smile...
9 déc. 2019 à 5 h 13
GM67
Pittsburgh Penguins have WON THIS DEAL HUGE!!! Not even close.
5 oct. 2020 à 9 h 1
habs_fan
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Quoting: HabsForEver
Hawks get a top 4 defenseman for a 40 point winger and a 5th round pick. I like this trade for the Hawks

Then the blackhawks turned around and dealt him for brad morrison tears of joy

AND PITS SENT KAHUN FOR SHEARY tears of joy
HabsForEver et Remus a aimé ceci.
29 oct. 2020 à 12 h 13
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Leafs won

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: