SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

TOR OTT LA 3-way Marleau trade

Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 juin 2019
Publié: 9 juin 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Shuffling around players after July 1st bonuses are handed out.

TO LA:
Marleau (TOR)

TO OTT:
Kovalchuk (LA)

TO TOR:
MacArthur (OTT)

LA gets a contract (Marleau) that ends after this season - they can either keep him for the year (and troll San Jose when he retires a King) or flip him to a contender at the deadline after the December portion of his bonus pays out for one more shot at the Cup. Meanwhile they get a similar contract with a longer term (Kovalchuk) off the books.
Ottawa gets a big name (Kovalchuk) and $6M closer to the cap floor while only paying $700,000 in actual salary after July 1st, and a higher cap hit next year ($6.25M) than actual salary ($4.25M). If Kovalchuk turns it around, he can be flipped to a contender for assets next year. Granted MacArthur is going to be permanently on IR, but remember the situation with Columbus and Horton's contract. I don't really trust that Melnyk would have spent the money at the time of signing to insure a middle-six contract. Even if it is insured, I'd assume it's only partially so and OTT is still paying out a percentage of the contract.
TOR adds another LTIR player to the display case and clears out cap space.
Toby Reider, Jesse Puljujarvi and Jason Spezza are all next up in the Tyler Ennis Memorial Reclamation Project slots.

Contract amounts are per Evolving Wild's projections, with the exception of Reider taking slightly more of a cut on a "show me" deal and Ennis taking a bit less to stick with TOR's medical staff for another year.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 700 000 $
89 716 000 $
21 393 000 $
11 075 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 650 000 $
11 250 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Johnsson, Andreas [Droits de RFA]
  2. Kadri, Nazem
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Droits de RFA]
  2. Rieder, Tobias [Droits de RFA]
EDM
  1. Brown, Connor
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2019 (TOR)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 000 000 $82 452 032 $0 $0 $547 968 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 700 000 $2 700 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
9 716 000 $9 716 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
1 075 000 $1 075 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 393 000 $1 393 000 $
AD
UFA
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
2 733 333 $2 733 333 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 650 000 $4 650 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 19
Jay27
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,044
The only team that actually benefits from this 3 way trade is Toronto meaning its unrealistic.
Claesson4Norris, palhal, justaBoss and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 24
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,896
Ottawa declines. Ottawa wants to save money, and they do that better with Clarke than Kovy. Sens have no incentive to help the Leafs if they get nothing out of it.

Also if Mac's contract was uninsured, we'd have heard about that in 2016 when it first looked like he might have career ending injury issues. Sens wouldn't have eaten the cost for the last couple of seasons if that was the case. Pure speculation based on absolutely nothing.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 29
GloryDaysAreBack
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 469
I love that you're pretty in tune with the actual salary VS cap hit. Any trade with Ottawa, at this point, I feel like this is vital. This 3 way works well. I would've wanted to see Kovalchuk's name in the actual trade but that could just be my OCD. First, I feel like you don't need that 2nd rounder in the Hamilton trade. Kadri and AJ are plenty. I have a hard time seeing Marner sign for less than 10.5-11.5. I don't see Edmonton parting ways with Puljujarvi unless it's for something you'd rather not pay. The ask, I believe, is still high for him. I mainly see Benning being the return for Brown on a lot of ACGMs. He's a solid, young, bottom 6 RHD. Under Babs he'd be quite effective I think. The Zaitsev trade needs a sweetener. FLA is taking on more salary but the trade makes a lot of sense (FLA is signing Pan and Bob this summer I think so that Russian community is likely growing). The Miller trade I wonder, while that really does buff up the defense, is Bracco a good enough prospect to warrant a solid Top 4 Dman? If so, it's probably better to keep him and have him up in the bottom 6 instead of Rieder. Dermott plays right side (I am pretty sure that's the case) so he can round out your top 4 or he can stay where he is and Pysyk and Benning will be your other top 6RHD. With LA, I'd trade to include Sparks and a sweetener and bring back Campbell, better G at a cheaper price.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 34
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
You talk about Ottawa needing to hit the cap floor.....then you trade MacArthur. Crazy logic. Obviously you don't know the motivation of CBJ and Leafs in the Horton/Clarkson swap.
And Kovi certainly exercises his NTC and doesn't agree to trade to Ottawa.
GenXHockey et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 40
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
I love that you're pretty in tune with the actual salary VS cap hit. Any trade with Ottawa, at this point, I feel like this is vital. This 3 way works well. I would've wanted to see Kovalchuk's name in the actual trade but that could just be my OCD. First, I feel like you don't need that 2nd rounder in the Hamilton trade. Kadri and AJ are plenty. I have a hard time seeing Marner sign for less than 10.5-11.5. I don't see Edmonton parting ways with Puljujarvi unless it's for something you'd rather not pay. The ask, I believe, is still high for him. I mainly see Benning being the return for Brown on a lot of ACGMs. He's a solid, young, bottom 6 RHD. Under Babs he'd be quite effective I think. The Zaitsev trade needs a sweetener. FLA is taking on more salary but the trade makes a lot of sense (FLA is signing Pan and Bob this summer I think so that Russian community is likely growing). The Miller trade I wonder, while that really does buff up the defense, is Bracco a good enough prospect to warrant a solid Top 4 Dman? If so, it's probably better to keep him and have him up in the bottom 6 instead of Rieder. Dermott plays right side (I am pretty sure that's the case) so he can round out your top 4 or he can stay where he is and Pysyk and Benning will be your other top 6RHD. With LA, I'd trade to include Sparks and a sweetener and bring back Campbell, better G at a cheaper price.

The MacArthur contract is insured.meaning Ottawa only pays out 950k.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 63
Quoting: palhal
You talk about Ottawa needing to hit the cap floor.....then you trade MacArthur. Crazy logic. Obviously you don't know the motivation of CBJ and Leafs in the Horton/Clarkson swap.
And Kovi certainly exercises his NTC and doesn't agree to trade to Ottawa.

Yes, but the net gain is still an additional 1.6M against the cap this year and $6M against it next year, after MacArthur's deal has expired.
Kovalchuk does have a modified NTC (7-team trade list) but it doesn't kick in until the last year of his deal, in the 2020-2021 season.
9 juin 2019 à 13 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Ottawa declines. Ottawa wants to save money, and they do that better with Clarke than Kovy. Sens have no incentive to help the Leafs if they get nothing out of it.

Also if Mac's contract was uninsured, we'd have heard about that in 2016 when it first looked like he might have career ending injury issues. Sens wouldn't have eaten the cost for the last couple of seasons if that was the case. Pure speculation based on absolutely nothing.

Quoting: Jamiepo
The MacArthur contract is insured.meaning Ottawa only pays out 950k.

Yes but the idea here is that Ottawa is still paying something for a player that will never hit the ice - yes they need to hit the cap floor but they also need bodies, and Eugene is notorious for not wanting to spend a penny more than he has to. They pay less this year (750K vs. 950K) for a higher cap hit (6.1M vs. 4.65M) and a filled spot in their forward lineup.
Ottawa currently only have 7 F and 5 D signed for next year with around $12M needed to hit the cap floor. This fulfills a huge amount of that cap requirement while keeping salary at an absolute minimum...they can go out and sign a bunch of 'tweeners and scrubs to league min. contracts this way and keep their actual overhead as low as humanly possible.
9 juin 2019 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,372
rofl OTT is not helping toronto without it costing a grade A prospect or kapanen, they can sign any UFA for any amount to reach cap floor for 1 year as Chabot will ,make 7m+ next year after his ELC ends
9 juin 2019 à 14 h 7
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: athrin
rofl OTT is not helping toronto without it costing a grade A prospect or kapanen, they can sign any UFA for any amount to reach cap floor for 1 year as Chabot will ,make 7m+ next year after his ELC ends

Lol, not getting kappy and I highly doubt Ottawa can sign “any” ufa.
9 juin 2019 à 14 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,372
Quoting: Jamiepo
Lol, not getting kappy and I highly doubt Ottawa can sign “any” ufa.

yes any UFA for 12-13m will accept for 1-2 years.
9 juin 2019 à 14 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny

Fair points, although I do feel like values are hard to gauge on a lot of the players (Reider, Puljujarvi, Zaitsev, Miller) since they all seem to have fallen out of favor with their respective teams to some extent. Reider was thrown under the bus at the end of the year, Puljujarvi is starting to be seen as damaged goods with questions about NHL-level ability, Miller was healthy scratched (and Vegas is currently over the cap with 13th forward, 6th & 7th D and backup goalie positions yet to be filled) and Zaitsev has been the media's whipping boy but did show improvement in the Playoffs paired with Muzzin.
If the return in the EDM trade is Benning instead of Puljujarvi, cool, then they can skip the VGK trade.
Bracco has offensive value but it's largely as a playmaker and there isn't proof yet that his abilities translate to the NHL. Vegas needs to carve out space not just to get under the cap but to re-sign Karlsson.
BlastnyFromThePastny a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2019 à 14 h 15
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: athrin
yes any UFA for 12-13m will accept for 1-2 years.

Okay try signing panarin on an agm here, see how that goes over lol.

Besides to think they are going to overpay a ufa to hit the cap floor is a bit far fetched.
9 juin 2019 à 18 h 58
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
I really don’t think Kadri, Johnsson and a second-round pick is enough to get us Dougie Hamilton.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage