Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

8 juin 2019 à 14 h 11
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: DDoverChucky
Turning a 1st into a 5th great job Winnipeg

He's an UFA that wasn't going to resign. They got a 5th for something that they shouldn't of got anything for.
weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2019 à 15 h 26
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Quoting: HabsForEver
He's an UFA that wasn't going to resign. They got a 5th for something that they shouldn't of got anything for.

I know that. My point is it's bad asset management
8 juin 2019 à 15 h 49
I know that. My point is it's bad asset management

I agree, but atleast they got something back. Most of the time teams give up quality picks and assets and let the players walk for nothing. Boston is going to lose Johansson for nothing, Carolina will lose Ferland for nothing, Dzingel + Duchene + Mcquaid for CBJ, Brassard for Colorado, Zuccarello for Dallas, Simmonds for Nashville, Nyquist for the Sharks, Karlsson for the Sharks. Every team that planned on going deep lost assets for pretty much nothing because they wanted to go on a long playoff run.
8 juin 2019 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
I agree, but atleast they got something back. Most of the time teams give up quality picks and assets and let the players walk for nothing. Boston is going to lose Johansson for nothing, Carolina will lose Ferland for nothing, Dzingel + Duchene + Mcquaid for CBJ, Brassard for Colorado, Zuccarello for Dallas, Simmonds for Nashville, Nyquist for the Sharks, Karlsson for the Sharks. Every team that planned on going deep lost assets for pretty much nothing because they wanted to go on a long playoff run.

When you look at what it took to get O'Reilly vs getting Hayes for just 1 year that's a problem. And this is the 2nd year in a row they threw their 1st for a rental.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
8 juin 2019 à 15 h 58
When you look at what it took to get O'Reilly vs getting Hayes for just 1 year that's a problem. And this is the 2nd year in a row they threw their 1st for a rental.

It's not fair to say that now. At the time, Buffalo gave up a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Former 1st round pick (had good potential), A 30 Pt 3rd liner, another 30 Pt 3rd liner. Looking at that, it's quite a package for O'reilly, If Buffalo knew how to draft and develop a player in the slightest, this trade would be a very big win for them. Also, Winnipeg did their best to sign Statsny last year. He changed his mind at the last second and went to VGK. After looking at what Hayes wants, I can see why Winnipeg didn't want to bring him back.
8 juin 2019 à 18 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Not a fan of Kevin Hayes. Wouldn't be upset if they don't sign him. Signing him for $6 million a year is a bit of an overpay in my mind. I don't see him as one of the top 75 NHL players under contract.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2019 à 14 h 3
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331

Not to mention they needed him for the stretch run and a Playoff appearance that was yes cut short but that is what happens when you pick up a "RENTAL" it's the go for it mentality wink
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2019 à 18 h 53
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
What was the logic behind this deal for PHI? Why give up anything for a UFA?
10 juin 2019 à 19 h 1
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

That's why the Coyle and MoJo trades worked out for BOS. They made the deep playoff run. MoJo was acquired for a late 2nd rounder; What a steal for BOS! Giving up 1st rounders for rentals rarely works out.
DDoverChucky a aimé ceci.
29 juin 2019 à 3 h 19
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Flyers might have over paid but Jets gave up a lot to get a player they didn't want to pay 7M+ so they lost this trade by miles just like Trouba one...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage