Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1883 000 000 $68 659 699 $0 $0 $14 340 301 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 11
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 989
If Mitch is asking for a crazy amount of money, do you think Dubas might convince Kapanen and Johnsson to take less?
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 155
Quoting: RangerWall92
If Mitch is asking for a crazy amount of money, do you think Dubas might convince Kapanen and Johnsson to take less?

Kap or Johnsson will take off... Dubas will only be able to afford one of em if Marner gets a pay day.
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 13
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Quoting: carterhart
Kap or Johnsson will take off... Dubas will only be able to afford one of em if Marner gets a pay day.

delete
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 14
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 989

Which one would be better for the leafs to get rid of?
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999

Kasperi Kapanen is a OS candidate, So why would he take less?
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 16
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Maybe the first thing to do is wait and see if the insiders aren’t throwing up sensational headlines for no good reason.
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 20
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
delete

Pardon me, but as a "diehard redwings ran", what do you know? Leafs will have zero cap space if they sign Marner for that... sooooooooooooo... explain??
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 21

I can't say which would be "better", but if I was the Leafs, I'd trade Kap's rights and sign Kapanen. They already have goal scorers in Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander... they need guys who play a game like Johnsson, who I think would be cheaper than Kap anyway
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 280

Well we haven't really heard much on their end besides some rejections from Johnsson. He rejected some ok offers, but I its not like either have been stated to have rejected great offers.
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 132

I don't believe either of them are affordable if Marner gets what he wants. Not without another big contract being moved out. And that will require Dubas accepting a sub par deal to move said contract.
29 mai 2019 à 9 h 53
Formerly Jamiepo

Kapanen would be the preferred player to move but Johnsson has Arb rights. May come down to who is cheaper.
29 mai 2019 à 10 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 50
Quoting: Jamiepo
Maybe the first thing to do is wait and see if the insiders aren’t throwing up sensational headlines for no good reason.

Hilarious how skeptical you are - what people like Darren Dreger are reporting isn't sensational, it's realistically the pulse of the negotiations between Dubas and Marner's camp. Dreger was accurate all along saying that Nylander's camp was asking for more than 7 million AAV and would hold out if he had to - which ended up happening. Bob McKenzie tweeted out Matthew's deal and term (within 100k of his actual AAV) a day before it was publically announced. These are credible sources, and just because some Leafs fans are delusional enough to think that Marner will sign in the 9 million AAV range doesn't mean the insiders are "secretly working for Darren Ferris."

Dubas overpaid Nylander and overpaid Matthews, so Marner's camp is capitalizing on this trend and Marner will look for the same. Personally, I don't think Marner is going to get Matthews' deal, but I also don't think he'll sign for anything less than 10 million AAV [unless it's a bridge deal].
29 mai 2019 à 10 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540
Quoting: rush5154
Hilarious how skeptical you are - what people like Darren Dreger are reporting isn't sensational, it's realistically the pulse of the negotiations between Dubas and Marner's camp. Dreger was accurate all along saying that Nylander's camp was asking for more than 7 million AAV and would hold out if he had to - which ended up happening. Bob McKenzie tweeted out Matthew's deal and term (within 100k of his actual AAV) a day before it was publically announced. These are credible sources, and just because some Leafs fans are delusional enough to think that Marner will sign in the 9 million AAV range doesn't mean the insiders are "secretly working for Darren Ferris."

Dubas overpaid Nylander and overpaid Matthews, so Marner's camp is capitalizing on this trend and Marner will look for the same. Personally, I don't think Marner is going to get Matthews' deal, but I also don't think he'll sign for anything less than 10 million AAV [unless it's a bridge deal].

I don't know if anyone is suggesting that Dreger works for Ferris, that seems pretty sensational. Dreger obviously works for himself, first and foremost. Then I'd say he works for his employer, TSN. What seems pretty obvious is that the bulk of Dregers "sources" are likely the agents themselves, and what is playing out is negotiations through the media in terms of trying to sway public opinion i.e. how far can Marner's camp take this? And it seems like Dubas has countered with using CJ to get their message out that the leafs will trade marner if this continues on.. Shanny himself has stated there is nothing to be gained by paying this out in the media. And yet, a few days later Dreger is trotted out...

Dreger and the rest of the media knuckleheads are doing what is best for them and their employers.. they're creating buzz, and clicks, and ad revenue given the amount people directed to their BS. I mean look at the cahnge of narrative and dialouge since yesterday when Dreger blew his magical smoke... That's kinda their business model, its how infotainment makes their quid. And its why we hear so much of this nonsense around Leaf players, and not, say, Point, etc...cause Toronto is a hockey crazy market and there is money to made on pumping out story after story 24/7.. people will eat that up here.

What I'd really like to see is some reporter/TV host ask, point blank, Dreger and his media knucklehead compatriots who exactly is their source? I'd love to see the deer in the headlights look from Dreger when confronted on his insider knowledge.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2019 à 10 h 37
Formerly Jamiepo

Being skeptical is hilarious? Don’t see the humour in that. I’m more skeptical about his sources than anything. This has nothing to do with marner’s ask. I don’t doubt that and it was reported earlier. Marner setting up meetings with other teams for offersheets is one thing I am skeptical of. Clearly coming from the marner camp but not Ferris or Marner.

As Side note I think your entire post is garbage. I’m not sure where you read all of that into my post but I don’t enjoy being strawman’d and then ridiculed for things I never said or implied.

I’m okay with the nylander and mathews contracts. The kids want to get paid and the issue of having too many good young players is certainly a good one. I’m sure dubas and Ferris will come to an agreement that will work mutually.
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2019 à 11 h 57
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
I don't know if anyone is suggesting that Dreger works for Ferris, that seems pretty sensational. Dreger obviously works for himself, first and foremost. Then I'd say he works for his employer, TSN. What seems pretty obvious is that the bulk of Dregers "sources" are likely the agents themselves, and what is playing out is negotiations through the media in terms of trying to sway public opinion i.e. how far can Marner's camp take this? And it seems like Dubas has countered with using CJ to get their message out that the leafs will trade marner if this continues on.. Shanny himself has stated there is nothing to be gained by paying this out in the media. And yet, a few days later Dreger is trotted out...

Dreger and the rest of the media knuckleheads are doing what is best for them and their employers.. they're creating buzz, and clicks, and ad revenue given the amount people directed to their BS. I mean look at the cahnge of narrative and dialouge since yesterday when Dreger blew his magical smoke... That's kinda their business model, its how infotainment makes their quid. And its why we hear so much of this nonsense around Leaf players, and not, say, Point, etc...cause Toronto is a hockey crazy market and there is money to made on pumping out story after story 24/7.. people will eat that up here.

What I'd really like to see is some reporter/TV host ask, point blank, Dreger and his media knucklehead compatriots who exactly is their source? I'd love to see the deer in the headlights look from Dreger when confronted on his insider knowledge.

Do you seriously expect journalists to publically reveal their sources lol?
29 mai 2019 à 14 h 30
Do you seriously expect journalists to publically reveal their sources lol?

No. I seriously expect journalist to have some credibility or they lose it. Otherwise we should just call a spade a spade and call them sports entertainers..

What I wrote was this...

I don't expect him to reveal his source. But I'd love to see him asked that question, cause his likely deer in the headlights response would show him for what he really is.. which is likely a shill for an agents position. It's not rocket science to comprehend what I wrote, rush5154.
29 mai 2019 à 15 h 42
No. I seriously expect journalist to have some credibility or they lose it. Otherwise we should just call a spade a spade and call them sports entertainers..

What I wrote was this...

I don't expect him to reveal his source. But I'd love to see him asked that question, cause his likely deer in the headlights response would show him for what he really is.. which is likely a shill for an agents position. It's not rocket science to comprehend what I wrote, rush5154.

I expect that every journalist covering an industry where discussions are withheld from the public would give the same, generic answer: I'm not revealing my source...

You're right - what you wrote isn't rocket science, it's intellectually lazy and nonsensical. All insiders, whether it's hockey (Dreger, Friedmann, McKenzie, Lebrun), basketball (Woj), football (schefter) all run the risk of speaking in the media regarding what they're hearing around the league. The reality is, fans have a vested interest in their teams and their players so any content that is relevant to that fan base will be disseminated in the media accordingly. Some markets, like Toronto for hockey, are more intense than others - but enough with the collusion talk that they're front men for agents. If that's still your position, you probably believe in the illuminati too...
29 mai 2019 à 15 h 59
I expect that every journalist covering an industry where discussions are withheld from the public would give the same, generic answer: I'm not revealing my source...

You're right - what you wrote isn't rocket science, it's intellectually lazy and nonsensical. All insiders, whether it's hockey (Dreger, Friedmann, McKenzie, Lebrun), basketball (Woj), football (schefter) all run the risk of speaking in the media regarding what they're hearing around the league. The reality is, fans have a vested interest in their teams and their players so any content that is relevant to that fan base will be disseminated in the media accordingly. Some markets, like Toronto for hockey, are more intense than others - but enough with the collusion talk that they're front men for agents. If that's still your position, you probably believe in the illuminati too...

Some markets, like Toronto for hockey, are more intense than others - but enough with the collusion talk that they're front men for agents. I love circular arguments that keep coming back to a faulty premise. As the intellectual giant that you clearly are, I'm sure you'll recall my first post to you where I wrote...I don't know if anyone is suggesting that Dreger works for Ferris, that seems pretty sensational. Dreger obviously works for himself, first and foremost. Then I'd say he works for his employer, TSN. What seems pretty obvious is that the bulk of Dregers "sources" are likely the agents themselves, and what is playing out is negotiations through the media in terms of trying to sway public opinion i.e. how far can Marner's camp take this?
which kinda spells out where I'm coming from on this..

I don't know how to make this any easier for you, but I'll try.. they are not colluding. Ferris feeds Dreger info that he wants to that benefits Marner's camp's position. Dreger reports on that cause his primary source of info are player's agents (see the just written rationale). Dreger creates a sh*tstorms, the public tunes in, comments are made etc, people head to TSN to see what the fuss is about. Dreger wins. TSN wins. Ferris gets to gauge the reaction... not. rocket. science.

But for the record I don't believe in the illuminati. .. nor do I believe that the media in general is some unbiased, integrity filled industry and that isn't working from a revenue model, which defines, in part, the "news" they report on. But that's ok rush, you just keep on believing that Fox News and CNN have your best interests at heart.. cause that's flexing the serious intellectual muscle that you have..
30 mai 2019 à 10 h 52
Some markets, like Toronto for hockey, are more intense than others - but enough with the collusion talk that they're front men for agents. I love circular arguments that keep coming back to a faulty premise. As the intellectual giant that you clearly are, I'm sure you'll recall my first post to you where I wrote...I don't know if anyone is suggesting that Dreger works for Ferris, that seems pretty sensational. Dreger obviously works for himself, first and foremost. Then I'd say he works for his employer, TSN. What seems pretty obvious is that the bulk of Dregers "sources" are likely the agents themselves, and what is playing out is negotiations through the media in terms of trying to sway public opinion i.e. how far can Marner's camp take this?
which kinda spells out where I'm coming from on this..

I don't know how to make this any easier for you, but I'll try.. they are not colluding. Ferris feeds Dreger info that he wants to that benefits Marner's camp's position. Dreger reports on that cause his primary source of info are player's agents (see the just written rationale). Dreger creates a sh*tstorms, the public tunes in, comments are made etc, people head to TSN to see what the fuss is about. Dreger wins. TSN wins. Ferris gets to gauge the reaction... not. rocket. science.

But for the record I don't believe in the illuminati. .. nor do I believe that the media in general is some unbiased, integrity filled industry and that isn't working from a revenue model, which defines, in part, the "news" they report on. But that's ok rush, you just keep on believing that Fox News and CNN have your best interests at heart.. cause that's flexing the serious intellectual muscle that you have..

It’s still laughable how you can infer that a NHL insider reporting on something through his media outlet (TSN) is the equivalent of starting **** storms. You do realize that their sources are not just agents - they’re front office executives as well. And if Dreger’s reputation is so volatile why does he keep getting information from front offices? That’s what you fail to understand - Dreger, McKenzie etc. have no vested interest in what a player signs for. They don’t receive a cut of the deal, they can’t receive HRR; all they’ll receive is what is already in their contract from their media outlet and employer = TSN. Nothing more nothing less. For someone who claims to fathom how media and reporting works there are significant logic gaps that you fail to reconcile.

Fox and CNN are both garbage - we’ll agree on that smile
30 mai 2019 à 11 h 11
It’s still laughable how you can infer that a NHL insider reporting on something through his media outlet (TSN) is the equivalent of starting **** storms. You do realize that their sources are not just agents - they’re front office executives as well. And if Dreger’s reputation is so volatile why does he keep getting information from front offices? That’s what you fail to understand - Dreger, McKenzie etc. have no vested interest in what a player signs for. They don’t receive a cut of the deal, they can’t receive HRR; all they’ll receive is what is already in their contract from their media outlet and employer = TSN. Nothing more nothing less. For someone who claims to fathom how media and reporting works there are significant logic gaps that you fail to reconcile.

Fox and CNN are both garbage - we’ll agree on that smile

Well, that's good that we agree that both CNN and Fox are garbage. |I tells me that you don't necessarily believe what the talking heads on the TV are trying to sell you and why they might have incentive to do that.

As to the rest of it... ugh. If you're not understanding my side of this discussion by now, there's really nothing that I can add without spending countless posts circling around your drain..

So, lets agree to disagree.

My position is that the majority of the media knuckleheads, and specifically Dreger, are disingenuous at best, and full of it at worst.

Your position appears to be that media knuckleheads don't operate from a position of self interest and exist merely to report the facts in an unbiased way in order to enlighten and inform the public in the name of the greater good.

I'm good with my take. Thanks for coming out, Rush.
30 mai 2019 à 11 h 20
Well, that's good that we agree that both CNN and Fox are garbage. |I tells me that you don't necessarily believe what the talking heads on the TV are trying to sell you and why they might have incentive to do that.

You’re more than entitled to having that opinion on sports media figureheads.

I’m not portraying them as purists who only report for the common good. My take is that they have a professional obligation to report on behalf of their employer. Obviously the better they do the more they get rewarded by the company - which is self-serving, yes, but I’m also not squirrelly enough to think that they’re selling their souls in return for compensation. If they operated that way, no one would trust their reporting and their journalistic reputation would be ruined and their employers wouldn’t re-up them for their next employment contract. In other words, I’m more in the middle of the spectrum that you presented. Clear?

As to the rest of it... ugh. If you're not understanding my side of this discussion by now, there's really nothing that I can add without spending countless posts circling around your drain..

So, lets agree to disagree.

My position is that the majority of the media knuckleheads, and specifically Dreger, are disingenuous at best, and full of it at worst.

Your position appears to be that media knuckleheads don't operate from a position of self interest and exist merely to report the facts in an unbiased way in order to enlighten and inform the public in the name of the greater good.

I'm good with my take. Thanks for coming out, Rush.
30 mai 2019 à 11 h 23

Were you trying to make a point there? It appears that you responded with nothing at all.. which is kinda the best response you've contributed so far in this thread. Thanks for that, Rush.
30 mai 2019 à 11 h 39
Were you trying to make a point there? It appears that you responded with nothing at all.. which is kinda the best response you've contributed so far in this thread. Thanks for that, Rush.

Well, if you’re failing to comprehend words that are sequenced into clear statements then it’s safe to say this exercise has successfully met the extent of your faculties. I’ll see if I can find you a promo code online for Lumosity
30 mai 2019 à 11 h 56
Well, if you’re failing to comprehend words that are sequenced into clear statements then it’s safe to say this exercise has successfully met the extent of your faculties. I’ll see if I can find you a promo code online for Lumosity

Um, yeah, no. Your post clearly had no words to comprehend.

But in going through my post that you were responding to I found a snippet that you embedded in my response to you.

I have a hard time trying to understand the point that you're trying to make when your text is right infront of me, let alone trying to make sense out of you when I need to go hunting for your reply. But now that I've found what you wrote... yeah, I still don't get the point of what you're trying to get across??

There's probably a bunch of 12 yr old kids that frequent this site that could teach you how to use that fancy dancy multi post feature. You should ask them how its done.

Or you could use that old school cut and paste/copy function to move text from one post to the next. It's easy. You just need to know the difference between right and left click...Let me know if you get stuck, I'd be happy to walk you through it..

Ciao chica
30 mai 2019 à 12 h 56
Um, yeah, no. Your post clearly had no words to comprehend.

But in going through my post that you were responding to I found a snippet that you embedded in my response to you.

I have a hard time trying to understand the point that you're trying to make when your text is right infront of me, let alone trying to make sense out of you when I need to go hunting for your reply. But now that I've found what you wrote... yeah, I still don't get the point of what you're trying to get across??

There's probably a bunch of 12 yr old kids that frequent this site that could teach you how to use that fancy dancy multi post feature. You should ask them how its done.

Or you could use that old school cut and paste/copy function to move text from one post to the next. It's easy. You just need to know the difference between right and left click...Let me know if you get stuck, I'd be happy to walk you through it..

Ciao chica

I'm not responsible for the coding behind this website - I clicked the quote function as I always do, not sure why it didn't register.

Not surprised you can't comprehend - you've routinely demonstrated a lack of understanding since this post originated. Glad to check in again when Marner signs a deal worth at least 10 million AAV smile

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage