Forums/Armchair-GM

Duchene hype

Créé par: Jay27
Équipe: 2019-20 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 14 mai 2019
Publié: 14 mai 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let's get this straight, I don't think signing Duchene is the right play. With that being said with all the hype about the Habs being frontrunners I thought I'd have some fun with entertaining the possibility.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 500 000 $
42 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
1800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
69 500 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ARI
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 000 000 $80 805 476 $0 $2 500 000 $2 194 524 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 7
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 7
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 7
748 333 $748 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 mai 2019 à 13 h 51
Sports and Tacos
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 601
Who says the Habs are the front runner?

Literately everyone thinks he's going to Nashville.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Jay27
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,104
Quoting: ThatGuy

I didn't say they were the only front runners but rumour has it that there are 2, the Preds and the Habs and Nashville is going to have to move out cap in order to afford him. This may all be false hype and as I stated I don't think it's the right play for the Habs but meh figured why not have some fun with it.
CaptainFlynnt et ThatGuy a aimé ceci.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 0
Habs
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 384

Sportnet (Elliot Friedman) reported Nashville and Montreal are the frontrunners, while also mentioning the fact that Nashville would have to move salary to get him, MTL would not.

Also to the thread starter, that is an overpayment for Duchene according to the contract projections at evolving wild (6 years × $7M). I would do 7 years × $8M max.

Edit:
By the way I really like that trade with Philly, assuming Juulsen's injury hasn't scared off potential suitors.
ThatGuy a aimé ceci.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Jay27
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
Sportnet (Elliot Friedman) reported Nashville and Montreal are the frontrunners, while also mentioning the fact that Nashville would have to move salary to get him, MTL would not.

Also to the thread starter, that is an overpayment for Duchene according to the contract projections at evolving wild (6 years × $7M). I would do 7 years × $8M max.

Oh its definitely an overpayment but to get Duchene in Montreal it'd take an overpayment.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 5
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
That is an overpayment for Duchene according to the contract projections at evolving wild (6 years × $7M). I would do 7 years × $8M max..

OTT already offered 8x8 contract, but Duchene didn't accept it. Hence he got traded. He's definitely going to get more as an UFA.

See here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-make-matt-duchene-long-term-contract-offer/
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 6
Habs
Quoting: Jay27
Oh its definitely an overpayment but to get Duchene in Montreal it'd take an overpayment.

If that is indeed the case then I think there are better options out there. Dzingel, ferland, skinner, zucarello, nyquist, etc. Lots of wingers they could get and just keep Domi at C.

I prefer Duchene, but I would be careful about overpaying for him.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 9
Sports and Tacos
I didn't say they were the only front runners but rumour has it that there are 2, the Preds and the Habs and Nashville is going to have to move out cap in order to afford him. This may all be false hype and as I stated I don't think it's the right play for the Habs but meh figured why not have some fun with it.

1) Ohhhh ok! I see what you're referencing to. I think the rumour is more fueled towards the fact that MTL really wants to add a center (Not exclusively Duchene). Whereas Nashville is rumoured to be going all in on Duchene (Trading away Subban, etc to create cap space for him).

2) why don't you think they should?
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 13
Habs
Quoting: BurgerBoss
OTT already offered 8x8 contract, but Duchene didn't accept it. Hence he got traded. He's definitely going to get more as an UFA.

See here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-make-matt-duchene-long-term-contract-offer/

You're pretty much proving my point. Ottawa definitely had to make an offer that was an overpayment because let's be honest, why would Duchene want to waste the prime of his career in Ottawa.

So the overpayment value is $8M. Even with the extra year he still didnt want to stay. In my opinion he knew he could still get $8M in the free agent market, so why stay in Ottawa.

You're looking at this as proof that he wants more money, I see it as even though he was offered a ton of money, he didnt want to stay in Ottawa.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 16
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
You're pretty much proving my point. Ottawa definitely had to make an offer that was an overpayment because let's be honest, why would Duchene want to waste the prime of his career in Ottawa.

So the overpayment value is $8M. Even with the extra year he still didnt want to stay. In my opinion he knew he could still get $8M in the free agent market, so why stay in Ottawa.

You're looking at this as proof that he wants more money, I see it as even though he was offered a ton of money, he didnt want to stay in Ottawa.

It can be thought about in many ways. But there's nothing that says that the my stance is incorrect.

I'll be extremely surprised if Duchene gets a contract anything below $8,5M AAV.
Jay27 a aimé ceci.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Jay27
1) Ohhhh ok! I see what you're referencing to. I think the rumour is more fueled towards the fact that MTL really wants to add a center (Not exclusively Duchene). Whereas Nashville is rumoured to be going all in on Duchene (Trading away Subban, etc to create cap space for him).

2) why don't you think they should?

Because high profile UFAs are almost always overpaid and on the tail end of their prime years. Only makes sense to me if a team is a contender and think that a UFA can put them over the top. Now I've been a Habs fan as long as I can remember but I honestly believe they aren't close enough to being a contender to justify this kind of signing, they're on the right path but not there yet.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 36
Sports and Tacos
Because high profile UFAs are almost always overpaid and on the tail end of their prime years. Only makes sense to me if a team is a contender and think that a UFA can put them over the top. Now I've been a Habs fan as long as I can remember but I honestly believe they aren't close enough to being a contender to justify this kind of signing, they're on the right path but not there yet.

Yeah, any free agent going to a Canadian team is going to be Overpaid due to the high taxes.

And maybe the Habs aren't a contender, but they're definitely not rebuilding especially with contracts like Prices and Webers. That said, I do think signing Duchene makes them a contender. The best thing with signing Duchene is that you're getting an Elite skater! So you know that he won't drop off a cliff in a couple of years in terms of his performance.
CaptainFlynnt a aimé ceci.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 39
Habs
It can be thought about in many ways. But there's nothing that says that the my stance is incorrect.

I'll be extremely surprised if Duchene gets a contract anything below $8,5M AAV.

Fair enough, but the point I'm trying to make is that would be an overpayment for the player he is. There probably are plenty of teams that would offer that, but they may come to regret it eventually ($8.5M isn't that bad, but $9.5M is pretty rich for me).
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
14 mai 2019 à 14 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Jay27
Yeah, any free agent going to a Canadian team is going to be Overpaid due to the high taxes.

And maybe the Habs aren't a contender, but they're definitely not rebuilding especially with contracts like Prices and Webers. That said, I do think signing Duchene makes them a contender. The best thing with signing Duchene is that you're getting an Elite skater! So you know that he won't drop off a cliff in a couple of years in terms of his performance.

I got to admit the elite skater argument is a good point and it would be interesting to see if Gally could reach that next level that I think he can playing with a center of Duchene's caliber.

We've pretty much spent the whole time talking about whether or not the Habs should sign him and for how much but what do you guys think of the lineup if it did happen?
14 mai 2019 à 17 h 48
Habs
@Jay27 if you look at my past couple teams these moves are exactly what I want to happen.

As for the lineup the only differences I had was keeping Tatar and Gallagher with Danault and playing Domi and Shaw with Duchene. Domi's a playmaker and Danault isn't a goal scorer.

I also had Kulak with Petry, but I had a 3rd pairing of Mete and Juulsen (my trade was Drouin and Reilly for Gostisbehere).
14 mai 2019 à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Jay27
@Jay27 if you look at my past couple teams these moves are exactly what I want to happen.

As for the lineup the only differences I had was keeping Tatar and Gallagher with Danault and playing Domi and Shaw with Duchene. Domi's a playmaker and Danault isn't a goal scorer.

I also had Kulak with Petry, but I had a 3rd pairing of Mete and Juulsen (my trade was Drouin and Reilly for Gostisbehere).

Tuna-Danault-Gally was a great line for us this year, but I got this theory and I may just be talking out of my arse here. I don't like Marchand for the obvious reasons but take away the cheap shots, the after whistle antics, the trolling and what do you got? A short stocky player who uses that to his advantage, battles hard every single shift and shows his skill at unexpected times. Remind you of anyone?

If you compare Marchand 3 years ago(when he was the same age Gally is now) to Gallagher they have very similar numbers. What changed for Marchand 3 years ago? He hit another level when he started playing with Pasta and Bergeron.

So my theory is that Gally has another level yet untapped. Give him Tuna and a high caliber center and this could be a #1 line that could do some serious damage.

Ps. I'm not knocking Danault whatsoever with this post, he's a solid player that I hope is a Hab for life.
15 mai 2019 à 18 h 24
Habs
Tuna-Danault-Gally was a great line for us this year, but I got this theory and I may just be talking out of my arse here. I don't like Marchand for the obvious reasons but take away the cheap shots, the after whistle antics, the trolling and what do you got? A short stocky player who uses that to his advantage, battles hard every single shift and shows his skill at unexpected times. Remind you of anyone?

If you compare Marchand 3 years ago(when he was the same age Gally is now) to Gallagher they have very similar numbers. What changed for Marchand 3 years ago? He hit another level when he started playing with Pasta and Bergeron.

So my theory is that Gally has another level yet untapped. Give him Tuna and a high caliber center and this could be a #1 line that could do some serious damage.

Ps. I'm not knocking Danault whatsoever with this post, he's a solid player that I hope is a Hab for life.

Marchand played with Crosby and was the MVP of the world cup, for me that was the turning point. Watching Marchand play, there is no way Gallagher will every be the same type of player in my opinion.

Marchand is a skilled, smart player, more of a playermaker. Gallagher is a hard worker that throws everything on net, but he has tunnel vision. I like Gallagher, I think Danault and him compliment each quite well. I don't see that connection between Domi and Danault.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage