Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - Messages to the BOG

4 sep à 10 h 40
Rejoint: jui 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,224
I think we need to have the UFA signings posted in a thread. On the sheet is nice and all but there should be documentation on here.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
4 sep à 11 h 23
Rejoint: avr 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 151
Quoting: DirtyDangles
I think we need to have the UFA signings posted in a thread. On the sheet is nice and all but there should be documentation on here.

Thread posted
4 sep à 23 h 30
Calgary GM v4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,060
Given that this is an oddball year and things aren't normal, even for the game BOG might want to ammend the rules and timing that relate to UFA signings.
Mainly because using Dec 1st doesn't seem reasonable at this point.
And for the ease of everyone it should be mandated that teams post all UFA signings in the description of their team page withe term and at what point they become eligible to be traded...just so people don't try and bend the rules

UFAs signed in the offseason cannot be traded until the following dates based on the term of the deal. This includes UFAs that were extended before UFA bidding.

1 year UFA contract: Cannot be traded until December 1 of the season contract applies to.
2 year UFA contract: Cannot be traded until July 1 of the second season the contract applies to
3 or more year UFA contract: Cannot be traded until December 1 of the second season the contract applies to
6 sep à 16 h 23
Calgary GM v4
Regarding the Boston team.....
Since NO ONE has heard anything from the guy in literally months something needs to be done before more phantom trades with BOS get done.
This put the MTL GM in a bad spot because the team GM still hasn't come forward to confirm the trade, and still won't answer anyone trying to contact him.
If there's going to be rules, the BOG needs to enforce them when it right to do so.
Personally, I messaged AKY on May 29th....zero response in 3 months.

Activity Policy

Ideally every GM would check into CapFriendly every day. But we understand that life sometimes makes this impossible. If a GM does not respond to a post on their team page for 7 days, they will be replaced. If you are going to be away for longer than 7 days, you must inform the BOG.
Daryl, monops19 et TMLSage a aimé ceci.
6 sep à 21 h 07
Quoting: flamesfan419
Regarding the Boston team.....
Since NO ONE has heard anything from the guy in literally months something needs to be done before more phantom trades with BOS get done.
This put the MTL GM in a bad spot because the team GM still hasn't come forward to confirm the trade, and still won't answer anyone trying to contact him.
If there's going to be rules, the BOG needs to enforce them when it right to do so.
Personally, I messaged AKY on May 29th....zero response in 3 months.

Activity Policy

Ideally every GM would check into CapFriendly every day. But we understand that life sometimes makes this impossible. If a GM does not respond to a post on their team page for 7 days, they will be replaced. If you are going to be away for longer than 7 days, you must inform the BOG.

Messaged him 3 times since 7/26.....no response
flamesfan419 et monops19 a aimé ceci.
6 sep à 22 h 22
GM - Avalanche
Rejoint: déc 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,094
Quoting: GhostBear
Messaged him 3 times since 7/26.....no response

Funny. I have messaged him since 7/26 with no response also.
monops19 a aimé ceci.
8 sep à 9 h 19
Just a thought for next UFA season...

High end UFAs should all be listed in the first 1-2 days. This allows teams to have a better idea of their cap.
8 sep à 9 h 33
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,366
Just a thought for next UFA season...

High end UFAs should all be listed in the first 1-2 days. This allows teams to have a better idea of their cap.

counterpoint, say a team like mine has 16m in cap room... and i win both brodie and pageau on day 1 and have another winning bid for coyle (because im looking for a specific position) now im stuck with 2 of the same player because i had to have 1 of them. too much of an all your eggs in one basket kinda deal.
monops19 et eklund29 a aimé ceci.
8 sep à 9 h 51
Quoting: hanson493
counterpoint, say a team like mine has 16m in cap room... and i win both brodie and pageau on day 1 and have another winning bid for coyle (because im looking for a specific position) now im stuck with 2 of the same player because i had to have 1 of them. too much of an all your eggs in one basket kinda deal.

Fair point...then spread them over the first 5 days or so but there shouldn't be high end guys deep into FA.
monops19 a aimé ceci.
8 sep à 12 h 06
Calgary GM v4
I wouldn't mind seeing FA broken down even further. Do it by position.
Once all the names are given, group them by position and then break the positions down by days/weeks.
TBH, there's a way FA could be done in 2 weeks, just have to be willing to invest the time to make it work.
DirtyDangles a aimé ceci.
8 sep à 12 h 17
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 123
The reason I did free agency the way I did was more so to keep GM's engaged in the game, especially with covid going on. Originally it was a 10 day period but then I saw that there was 260 FA's so I had to extend it. I probably wouldn't do position based because then some people get screwed over when they bid for a position. If you do it with multiple positions it's easier to decide who you want more.
flamesfan419 et hanson493 a aimé ceci.
17 sep à 13 h 44
So 2 teams currently have William Karlsson on their roster...
monops19 a aimé ceci.
17 sep à 13 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 961
So 2 teams currently have William Karlsson on their roster...

Toronto hasn’t updated their team page
17 sep à 13 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 111
no boston hasnt updated... its been a week LOL
17 sep à 13 h 57
Quoting: monops19
no boston hasnt updated... its been a week LOL

Boston was gone for a month....came back to stir the pot....and then disappeared again
monops19 a aimé ceci.
17 sep à 13 h 57
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,366
Quoting: GhostBear
Boston was gone for a month....came back to stir the pot....and then disappeared again

i think its time we get someone else in the driver seat over there...
monops19 et Daryl a aimé ceci.
17 sep à 14 h 02
Leafs GM v4
Rejoint: fév 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,506
Quoting: Max
Toronto hasn’t updated their team page

Not true Maxwell
monops19 a aimé ceci.
22 sep à 22 h 04
Calgary GM v4
Just so we're clear, this is NOT a formal complaint. Simply just a thought so everyone knows.

If the BOG posts that one team WON a UFA bid, that team would assume they have signed a player halting any other potential dealings due to that fact.

Then the next day the BOG comes back and tells said team that they in fact did NOT win that players UFA bid, hence LOSING the player.
No problem, mistakes happen and I accepted the news from both the BOG and the other team who in fact won the player.

My minor issue comes from being told I could not submit a 1 hour late bid on another player from todays list.

It's not my fault the winning bid was posted in error, and now I've also lost out on potentially gaining back another player over 1 hour of time.

THIS is exactly where a more mature thinking BOG would've at the very least allow a late bid since NONE OF THIS IS MY FAULT.
TMLSage, krakowitz, monops19 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
22 sep à 22 h 34
Blues GM v4
Rejoint: nov 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,735
Quoting: flamesfan419
Just so we're clear, this is NOT a formal complaint. Simply just a thought so everyone knows.

If the BOG posts that one team WON a UFA bid, that team would assume they have signed a player halting any other potential dealings due to that fact.

Then the next day the BOG comes back and tells said team that they in fact did NOT win that players UFA bid, hence LOSING the player.
No problem, mistakes happen and I accepted the news from both the BOG and the other team who in fact won the player.

My minor issue comes from being told I could not submit a 1 hour late bid on another player from todays list.

It's not my fault the winning bid was posted in error, and now I've also lost out on potentially gaining back another player over 1 hour of time.

THIS is exactly where a more mature thinking BOG would've at the very least allow a late bid since NONE OF THIS IS MY FAULT.

If he wasn't going to make a bid because he thought he had a player but now needs to make a bid on a replacement player due to a BOG error, is there any reason why he shouldn't be able to bid on a player that hasn't even been posted yet? I didn't think this operation had to be super strict, especially when this all started with a mistake on the BOG's end.
hanson493 et Daryl a aimé ceci.
23 sep à 8 h 16
Modifié 23 sep à 8 h 29
Not sure how COL got Jumbo when I bid 1 year @ $2.65...

I also bid on Nick Holden but don't see him posted.
23 sep à 10 h 06
GM - Avalanche
Mentions "j'aime": 1,094
Not sure how COL got Jumbo when I bid 1 year @ $2.65.

If you can get Eklund to confirm it. I will remove him from my roster.
23 sep à 10 h 13
Quoting: TMLSage
If you can get Eklund to confirm it. I will remove him from my roster.

@eklund29 Can you please confirm this.
eklund29 a aimé ceci.
23 sep à 18 h 44
rangersandislesfan
Rejoint: mar 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,625
So, Bryce Kindopp is on my roster ... I have no idea how I acquired him. It may be a mistake, but I'm not sure ...
23 sep à 18 h 52
Justin_2t1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,709
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
So, Bryce Kindopp is on my roster ... I have no idea how I acquired him. It may be a mistake, but I'm not sure ...

UDFA draft
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
23 sep à 18 h 54
rangersandislesfan
Mentions "j'aime": 3,625
Quoting: Justin_2t1
UDFA draft

thanks

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question: