Forums/GM Game 2019-20

2019-20 GM Game - Messages to the BOG

21 mar 2020 à 23 h 14
Calgary GM v4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,068
Quoting: BenAky
Hi, I really want to get into this. My twitter is @TheRealAky and I like the capitals and the devils a bit but any team is great.

We appreciate your interest, butt here is a proper thread to post this kind of message.
It's at the very top of the forum page.
23 mar 2020 à 8 h 39
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,441
Quoting: krakowitz
Has there been any discussion about moving the draft up? I can see the pros and cons of this, and I'm only asking out of the pure boredom that I have with school fully online and being "socially distant". I'm sure all the other college students in the game feel the same way. Not a big deal if it stays in late May or whenever we'd do it, but I'd be okay with it getting moved up a bit smile

Quoting: phillyjabroni
Are we still using regular scoring for March?

havent talked about draft date, we are including a 2nd draft as well to incorporate ncaa free agents as well as other non drafted players that are signing now.

We are still using regulare scoring for march. final day is as of march 11th. Been a little busy cuz im still working so rosters havent been input yet.
phillyjabroni et krakowitz a aimé ceci.
23 mar 2020 à 19 h 15
Blues GM v4
Rejoint: nov 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,740
Quoting: hanson493
havent talked about draft date, we are including a 2nd draft as well to incorporate ncaa free agents as well as other non drafted players that are signing now.

We are still using regulare scoring for march. final day is as of march 11th. Been a little busy cuz im still working so rosters havent been input yet.

Once the rosters and scoring is submitted, could we at least get the draft lottery done? It's important for a lot of us to know what range of players we need to be looking at in the 1st round.
24 mar 2020 à 14 h 31
Rejoint: mar 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,374
Quoting: krakowitz
Once the rosters and scoring is submitted, could we at least get the draft lottery done? It's important for a lot of us to know what range of players we need to be looking at in the 1st round.

I think we have everything in place to run the lottery, but all the lottery teams should be able to know the range they are drafting in based on the lottery right now. If you are outside the top-3, the best you can get is 1-3 and the worst is your current position -3.

I think it makes the most sense to hold off on running the lottery until the NHL decides how the rest of the season will be played out. Games could still be played that have lottery position implications.
24 mar 2020 à 16 h 36
Blues GM v4
Rejoint: nov 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,740
I think we have everything in place to run the lottery, but all the lottery teams should be able to know the range they are drafting in based on the lottery right now. If you are outside the top-3, the best you can get is 1-3 and the worst is your current position -3.

I think it makes the most sense to hold off on running the lottery until the NHL decides how the rest of the season will be played out. Games could still be played that have lottery position implications.

For the sake of the game, something should happen soon. There are no games going on so there won't be a scoring update. Realistically speaking, if there are games again, they won't happen until mid-May in all likelihood. The gap between the 16th place team (ARI) and the 17th place team (NYR) is quite large, so the playoff teams shouldn't change whatsoever, even if the league has a couple games to end the regular season. While there may be lottery implications based on those last few games, for the most part, we'd all like to run the lottery sooner so we can get a grasp on who to look at. For example, I have the best lottery odds, but I don't want to spend time trying to make a decision on who I'd take at 4 if I'll have pick 1. Other teams feel the same way. We'd all rather know now where we're picking so we can spend our time scouting the range of players we need to scout in.
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
24 mar 2020 à 16 h 37

i think we have decided that our season is essentially over. playoffs start in 7 days. i believe we will be running the draft lottery sometime shortly after with basically the march standings as final for lottery.
24 mar 2020 à 16 h 47
i think we have decided that our season is essentially over. playoffs start in 7 days. i believe we will be running the draft lottery sometime shortly after with basically the march standings as final for lottery.

Assuming we run the lottery and playoffs and draft in the coming weeks and the 2019-20 season resumes afterwards, would any outstanding scoring carry over into next year or would the idea be those games are voided for our game?
24 mar 2020 à 17 h 05
Assuming we run the lottery and playoffs and draft in the coming weeks and the 2019-20 season resumes afterwards, would any outstanding scoring carry over into next year or would the idea be those games are voided for our game?

Voided for our game. essentially if the season resumes the only meaning it bears is on contracts. also depending on how things go im not sure when ufa period will truly be as i dont think we can do ufa before the irl playoffs happen if they happen. draft can be whenever as our playoffs bear no resemblance to real life.
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
24 mar 2020 à 19 h 20
GM - Avalanche
Rejoint: déc 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,097

Why?
monops19 a aimé ceci.
25 mar 2020 à 10 h 43
Quoting: TMLSage
Why?

first reason... playoffs were set to begin april 1 anyways, so we are missing 19 days of games. its not like we are missing half the season. most of the season has already been accrued. second reason. it gives everyone something to do for the next couple months we can kind of extend the playoff voting and do less matchups at the same time. do the lottery, do our draft, and then hopefully we get a timetable on when the ufa period will truly be.
Daryl a aimé ceci.
29 avr 2020 à 12 h 17
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 123
Hello BOG,

I just wanted to extend my apologies. I wasn't a part of the voting and now realize my position is on the hot seat. I just would like to explain to you all why. Due to the pandemic I have been swamped with work to help pay for basic necessities. I moved back home with my family because it was my only suitable option. My mom received a reduced salary due to this issue, so I am working in hopes to make some of the money back. If you have any questions or need any more info please DM me. I'm starting to have the stress level of school and work decrease, so I will be more active.

best,
Max
flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
29 avr 2020 à 22 h 07
Additionally we couldnt think of a truly fair way to deal with undrafted player signings, that being said if your current team has signed that player you may sign them to your active team, IF You do not want to sign this player you can neglect to sign them and these players will go into some sort of lottery system where claims and a random winner will be selected.

I didn't think teams had an opportunity to sign undrafted free agents that signed until we had a system to claiming them. Are we now just using a waiver claim on guys who have signed and then after that closes, we introduce the lottery system? Or is it going to just be a lottery to sign guys?

And the plan is to use DraftSite for our autopick list like we have in the past or will another site be used?
30 avr 2020 à 8 h 50
I didn't think teams had an opportunity to sign undrafted free agents that signed until we had a system to claiming them. Are we now just using a waiver claim on guys who have signed and then after that closes, we introduce the lottery system? Or is it going to just be a lottery to sign guys?

And the plan is to use DraftSite for our autopick list like we have in the past or will another site be used?

To your first comment, if the team in REAL LIFE signed the undrafted free agent, you are entitled to sign them. If you dont want the undrafted free agent your team signed we are going to keep a log of those players and then will put THOSE and ONLY those into some sort of lottery. We have not decided if teams will be allowed to trade these players as the player wouldnt sign with that team IRL to be traded immediately.

@flamesfan419 made a list for autopick. im not sure what site he used, you can confer with him if you would like to see how he handled it.
30 avr 2020 à 11 h 12
To your first comment, if the team in REAL LIFE signed the undrafted free agent, you are entitled to sign them. If you dont want the undrafted free agent your team signed we are going to keep a log of those players and then will put THOSE and ONLY those into some sort of lottery. We have not decided if teams will be allowed to trade these players as the player wouldnt sign with that team IRL to be traded immediately.

@flamesfan419 made a list for autopick. im not sure what site he used, you can confer with him if you would like to see how he handled it.

Why wouldn't we just use a 32 team equal chance lottery and then do an undrafted free agent draft because we have 32 teams, not 31? That seems the easiest and fairest way to do it, since we don't really use IRL for anything after the season starts.
monops19 a aimé ceci.
30 avr 2020 à 11 h 27
Why wouldn't we just use a 32 team equal chance lottery and then do an undrafted free agent draft because we have 32 teams, not 31? That seems the easiest and fairest way to do it, since we don't really use IRL for anything after the season starts.

forgot about the whole quebec deal... hmmm ill get back to you.
30 avr 2020 à 13 h 10
forgot about the whole quebec deal... hmmm ill get back to you.

Yeah. I think it's pretty fair to give everyone an equal shot at every spot and then we hold a draft where any UDFA who signed can be taken. If a team doesn't want one, they can just pass on their slot. If teams wanted a certain player that got drafted, they can trade for them after the draft is finished.

There is a bunch of ways to do an equal draw. This website works: https://www.draftpicklottery.com/lottery.php or we could use a google sheet or something else.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 17 h 59
Rejoint: jui 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,236
I’m filing a formal complaint against Mike or TMlSage for creating an account to mimic mine on twitter then adding it to our group chat. Impersonating another GM...he can fk right off. I also believe that this behaviour should disqualify him from running for the BOG.

Corrected the forum
monops19 et Gronk a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2020 à 18 h 02
Justin_2t1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,715
I’m filing a formal complaint against DirtyDangles for taunting me.
23 mai 2020 à 22 h 32
Comment #s 1776 & 1777 in the general thread...are they not against the new policy? Just wondering if there is a double standard I need to be aware of.
eklund29 a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2020 à 22 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 123
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Comment #s 1776 & 1777 in the general thread...are they not against the new policy? Just wondering if there is a double standard I need to be aware of.

There was not an unanimous vote to impose a level 1 infractions on either of the GM's.
24 mai 2020 à 0 h 35
GMs are to treat each other with respect and are not to make comments that are in poor taste or offensive towards any person or group of people. This rule is subject to all comments on CF forums and in Twitter group chats and messages. If you don’t have something nice to say, it’s best to not say it at all.”

Can we get this paragraph in the “policy” edited so it reflects what is actually going to be punished?
24 mai 2020 à 0 h 46
Justin_2t1
Mentions "j'aime": 2,715
Quoting: DirtyDangles
GMs are to treat each other with respect and are not to make comments that are in poor taste or offensive towards any person or group of people. This rule is subject to all comments on CF forums and in Twitter group chats and messages. If you don’t have something nice to say, it’s best to not say it at all.”

Can we get this paragraph in the “policy” edited so it reflects what is actually going to be punished?

You dropped the n-bomb. Stop complaining and acting like a victim.
24 mai 2020 à 0 h 52
Quoting: Pointerr21
You dropped the n-bomb. Stop complaining and acting like a victim.

Didn’t and accepted my punishment. This is different but please go on...
29 mai 2020 à 8 h 21
Rejoint: avr 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 129
For my trade with Dangles i cannot seem to trade back my 2021 NYR 2nd round pick when i go to trade it doesnt show up on any as any of the teams picks. not sure this is a glitch on my team page or that once i trade a pick i cannot get it traded back to me. Please let me know how this can be fixed
29 mai 2020 à 12 h 10
Calgary GM v4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,068
Quoting: monops19
For my trade with Dangles i cannot seem to trade back my 2021 NYR 2nd round pick when i go to trade it doesnt show up on any as any of the teams picks. not sure this is a glitch on my team page or that once i trade a pick i cannot get it traded back to me. Please let me know how this can be fixed

Sorry if I'm out of line answering this, but I actually know the answer.....

There is no way to put your own teams icon back on your team page, as trades are based on the real life team pages when it comes to pick icons....and you can't trade with yourself.
So what you need to do is make an in game trade with any team to get an icon in that slot, but then very clearly indicate in your description that the icon represents the NYR 2nd and icon is just to show you own a pick in that spot.
monops19 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Soumettre le sondage