Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

30 avr. 2019 à 13 h 50
Trade confirmed: Carolina Hurricanes - New York Rangers
Détails de la transaction
Les Hurricanes de la Caroline font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (NYR - #37 - Mads Søgaard)
Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (NYR - #41 - Noel Gunler) [Conditionnel]*
*Conditions: Si Adam Fox dispute au moins 30 matchs durant la saison 2019-2020, le choix de 3e ronde en 2020 deviendra un choix de 2e ronde en 2020.

Résultat: Adam Fox ayant disputé 30 matchs, le choix au repêchage devient un choix de 2e ronde en 2020.
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: 0 $
Les Rangers de New York font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Rangers de New York
Adam Fox · 0 $0 $0 $ (Droits de signature)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
30 avr. 2019 à 13 h 53
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,649
Wow, that's a lot to give up for Fox. They must feel that he's a sure thing.
30 avr. 2019 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
2nd + 3rd for a guy that said he wasn't going to sign publicly. Good Job Carolina
toque, ConnorMcHellebucyk, DDoverChucky and 9 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 13 h 57
Ducks Fly Together
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 80
What confuses me is why the Rangers would give up anything, when Fox could have been had for free on July 1.

Anyone have any insights?
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 3
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,578
Wow, great return for Carolina for a situation they had almost zero leverage over.

I wonder if Fox told the NYR he was open to signing elsewhere so they rushed to get his rights?
MoreOfAnIslesGuy et GMTD a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 8
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
Plot twist Adam uses the free agency loophole and signs in Carolina.
Crazy66, Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien, Predcam and 8 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 19
Crazy
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 234
Rnagers Dont Sign Him:
Terrible deal for the rangers they give up2 decent picks for a player that wont play for them
Rangers DO Sign Him:
Great Deal you give up 2 decent picks for a STUD
GMTD et THISACCOUNTISGONE a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 36
Buljujarvi
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,552
You can trade now? I thought you could only trade starting at the draft.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 40
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk

You can trade whenever you want. Even after the deadline. It's just that traded players cannot play for your team after the deadline
ricochetii, HabsForEver, CFMan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 41
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
This trade completely depends on if Fox signs with the rangers. It's impossible to know which team won yet
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 49
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Quoting: Oggsford_Blues
What confuses me is why the Rangers would give up anything, when Fox could have been had for free on July 1.

Free agency for college players is August 15
Oggsford_Blues et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 50
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk

You can trade at any time, the trade deadline is for playoff eligibility
ConnorMcHellebucyk, ricochetii, GMTD and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 14 h 51
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Modifié 30 avr. 2019 à 17 h 7

a) August 15th is the deadline to sign NCAA free agents.

b) Fox's rights don't technically expire until next year.

c) Given that he seems to already have proven that he's hit his ceiling at the NCAA level (120 P in 97 career games), he's probably eager to go ahead and start his pro career, but he said he would only sign with the Rangers. the Rangers obviously would want somebody like Fox, and they could have waited a year to sign him, but they'd run the (probably small) risk of some other team snatching him up, and that would also push any real evaluation of him back a year. if they want him in Hartford next year to evaluate and see whether or not he's as good as his NCAA numbers suggest, they need his rights in order to sign him. that would have given the Hurricanes some leverage in trade negotiations.
jonnymc26, Barathrum_Obama, Bflo_Soldier and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 16 h 28
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

Yeah, I don't get it. He's a NY native and he wants to be a Ranger from everything I've read and heard. Why trade for him? Does he still have another year of college eligibility? If so, that's the only reason I see why the NYR would make this move now. They must want him in their lineup next season. I'd appreciate some clarification from someone. Thx.
30 avr. 2019 à 17 h 14
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: Brian2016
Yeah, I don't get it. He's a NY native and he wants to be a Ranger from everything I've read and heard. Why trade for him? Does he still have another year of college eligibility? If so, that's the only reason I see why the NYR would make this move now. They must want him in their lineup next season. I'd appreciate some clarification from someone. Thx.

Speculation: A player dictating where he plays is a bad precedent to set for any team. If he gets what he wants, it's not going to be cheap. Carolina could have chosen to sit on him, and likely would have, but NY being willing to over-compensate them allows them to save face in addition to recovering the pick they used to draft him.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
30 avr. 2019 à 21 h 30
Quoting: ricochetii
Speculation: A player dictating where he plays is a bad precedent to set for any team. If he gets what he wants, it's not going to be cheap. Carolina could have chosen to sit on him, and likely would have, but NY being willing to over-compensate them allows them to save face in addition to recovering the pick they used to draft him.

I totally get it from the CAR perspective, but I'm still a little hazy on the NYR side of things.
30 avr. 2019 à 22 h 1
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
I totally get it from the CAR perspective, but I'm still a little hazy on the NYR side of things.

I do believe he has the option of returning for 1 year. Whether he does or not, he's a 2nd round pick, so spending a 2nd on him isn't a loss. It may be a wiser way to spend that pick, since they've had more time to scout him than you get with most players.
They already have an indication he'll sign and he's from NY, so the risk of losing him for nothing is minimal.
Getting him early can help avoid temptation and they can get him started on "their" development program, give him access to their resources and trainers and secure his development for this year.
A 3rd doesn't have a high rate of return either. It sounds like a lot extra, but it's largely an uncertain pick. If it becomes the conditional 2nd, you've already won. If he's playing in the NHL next season, it's because they've judged him to be worth two 2nds.
1 mai 2019 à 1 h 33
Quoting: ricochetii
I do believe he has the option of returning for 1 year. Whether he does or not, he's a 2nd round pick, so spending a 2nd on him isn't a loss. It may be a wiser way to spend that pick, since they've had more time to scout him than you get with most players.
They already have an indication he'll sign and he's from NY, so the risk of losing him for nothing is minimal.
Getting him early can help avoid temptation and they can get him started on "their" development program, give him access to their resources and trainers and secure his development for this year.
A 3rd doesn't have a high rate of return either. It sounds like a lot extra, but it's largely an uncertain pick. If it becomes the conditional 2nd, you've already won. If he's playing in the NHL next season, it's because they've judged him to be worth two 2nds.

I'd be willing to bet that he makes the Rangers opening night roster next season. That's the only way this trade makes sense to me. CAR is much deeper on defense than the NYR and Fox wouldn't make the Canes top six right away. Now that I think about it, this could be a really clever trade by the Rangers. And maybe they can finally give Shattenkirk or Brendan Smith the buyouts they've earned.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
1 mai 2019 à 16 h 59
Isles For Life
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 190

I feel like this will be like the Vesey situation. Buffalo takes a risk on trading for Vesey, and gets spurned. NYR is looking for young talent and if he does sign this looks like a fair deal for both sides; good picks without any leverage for Carolina and a solid top 6 forward for NYR. If he doesn't sign (as is what happened with Vesey), the NYR GM looks like a fool for taking such a risk, as the Buffalo GM did. NYR just wanted extra leverage and were willing to give up some picks for it.
1 mai 2019 à 17 h 57
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
I feel like this will be like the Vesey situation. Buffalo takes a risk on trading for Vesey, and gets spurned. NYR is looking for young talent and if he does sign this looks like a fair deal for both sides; good picks without any leverage for Carolina and a solid top 6 forward for NYR. If he doesn't sign (as is what happened with Vesey), the NYR GM looks like a fool for taking such a risk, as the Buffalo GM did. NYR just wanted extra leverage and were willing to give up some picks for it.
not a 100% accurate analogy. The Rangers aren't really "taking a risk" on trading for him because, as Pierre LeBrun implies in this tweet, Fox specifically wanted to play with the Rangers:

And the Rangers are already in the midst of finalizing an ELC:

MoreOfAnIslesGuy a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2019 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 865
I wish there was a change vote option...
3 mai 2019 à 19 h 2
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Yes, CAR did get something for a guy who they would not sign. But in a vacuum, that's a low price for a prospect as exciting as Fox. I think it's a fair deal.
3 mai 2019 à 23 h 13
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,213
Good for Carolina for getting value and people may think NY didn't née to make the move to get the player it always comes down to how he plays. If he turns into a top pair guy it's a small price to pay to insure you get him
7 mai 2019 à 13 h 21
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Get what you can for guy who won't sign.
8 mai 2019 à 16 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562

Wait a year and sign him as a FA or trade some picks, sign him and have him helping your team next year. How long will it take for 2nd/3rd to make an impact in the NHL, if they make it at all?
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage