SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

Seattle expansion

14 avr. 2019 à 12 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 28
What is Calgarys plan for the upcoming expansion draft after next season. They have 5 quality defensemen signed past 2020. I cant imagine them protecting all of them. Woukd they be willing to trade one of Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki, or Kylington? If so what would be the value?
14 avr. 2019 à 12 h 30
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,464
If you have that many good NHL Men....maybe you protect more forwards and leave a number of defencemen exposed. Seattle can only take one. That's especially true if you have some of Dmen having similar playing value. My thought would be you leave Gio and Hanifan exposed. If you lose one of them, at least you opened up more cap room.
14 avr. 2019 à 12 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
If you have that many good NHL Men....maybe you protect more forwards and leave a number of defencemen exposed. Seattle can only take one. That's especially true if you have some of Dmen having similar playing value. My thought would be you leave Gio and Hanifan exposed. If you lose one of them, at least you opened up more cap room.

If your plan is to leave Hanifin exposed, what would his trade value be? I would guess Calgary would want assets that sont need to be protected like draft capital and/or players who are exempt from the expansion draft. The rangers have a number of interesting defensive prospect playing overseas now or in Canada that would not require protection. Would a Calgary be interested in NYR 2019 2nd rd pick and Nico Gross/Joey Kean/ Tarmo Reunanen?
14 avr. 2019 à 12 h 50
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ashaw9377
If your plan is to leave Hanifin exposed, what would his trade value be? I would guess Calgary would want assets that sont need to be protected like draft capital and/or players who are exempt from the expansion draft. The rangers have a number of interesting defensive prospect playing overseas now or in Canada that would not require protection. Would a Calgary be interested in NYR 2019 2nd rd pick and Nico Gross/Joey Kean/ Tarmo Reunanen?

If you trade Hanifan a you suggest, then it would have to be to a team that would protect him, and make him in their top three Dmen. So I don't expect the return would be equal to Hanifan's value as a player. Then the danger to the Flames is they have trade Hanifan, and might lose another Dman in the draft. Now they are down two NHL Dmen entering the season, assuming that the trade doesn't return an immediate NHLer. It's tricky. Folks at the last expansion got so paranoid that their club was going to lose a good NHLer. Well if have a good team...which as a fan you want, you likely are going to lose an NHLer in the draft and likely a good one.
14 avr. 2019 à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
If you trade Hanifan a you suggest, then it would have to be to a team that would protect him, and make him in their top three Dmen. So I don't expect the return would be equal to Hanifan's value as a player. Then the danger to the Flames is they have trade Hanifan, and might lose another Dman in the draft. Now they are down two NHL Dmen entering the season, assuming that the trade doesn't return an immediate NHLer. It's tricky. Folks at the last expansion got so paranoid that their club was going to lose a good NHLer. Well if have a good team...which as a fan you want, you likely are going to lose an NHLer in the draft and likely a good one.

Calgary is in a tricky situation because they are a legitimate cup contender and have 8 nhl defenseman on the roster right now. Do you keep them and tey to win a cup and deal with the ramifications of the expansion draft of do you try to minimize the risk and move one of these young defensemen for assets? Or you protect the 4 young ones plus Gaudreau, Monihan, Tkachul, and lindholm but you risk losing a quality forward or your captain there. An interesting decision for them to make.
14 avr. 2019 à 13 h 14
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Calgary is in a tricky situation because they are a legitimate cup contender and have 8 nhl defenseman on the roster right now. Do you keep them and tey to win a cup and deal with the ramifications of the expansion draft of do you try to minimize the risk and move one of these young defensemen for assets? Or you protect the 4 young ones plus Gaudreau, Monihan, Tkachul, and lindholm but you risk losing a quality forward or your captain there. An interesting decision for them to make.

Well they don't play 2021/22....so that two full seasons away. Good teams aren't even considering the draft now...they are trying to win now. And lots of player movement for all teams between now and June 2021.
14 avr. 2019 à 13 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Well they don't play 2021/22....so that two full seasons away. Good teams aren't even considering the draft now...they are trying to win now. And lots of player movement for all teams between now and June 2021.

You are correct. I thought the expansion draft was the year before. My mistake. I guess its farther away than I expected. Haha.
4 juill. 2019 à 3 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
What is Calgarys plan for the upcoming expansion draft after next season. They have 5 quality defensemen signed past 2020. I cant imagine them protecting all of them. Woukd they be willing to trade one of Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki, or Kylington? If so what would be the value?

I think it has the same rules as Vegas only Knights are exempt... So Seattle will only be able to take so many D-men or have to take minimal amounts at certain positions... I don't know how much other teams will know about who protects what or anything. I'm sure they can project, I think they could protect 8 skaters of any position if really worried or 7 forwards w/ 3 D-men... Flames lost Engellend last time who had his career year so I think will be alright this time too smile. Kings protected Forbort to give an idea what idiots they were letting a better player in McNabb get exposed among others wink. Calgary can always trade them something to have them take a certain player or avoid certain ones too... I wouldn't lose any sleep, I kinda like idea I had Seattle Chinooks though smile...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage