Forums/Armchair-GM

Playoff Lines I Would Prefer

Créé par: jimmmyg
Équipe: 2018-19 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 9 avr. 2019
Publié: 9 avr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
For the last month or so of the season, it has been tough for the Penguins to roll out steady lines dealing with injuries to some major role players. Minus Dumo & ZAR, Saturdays game against the Rangers was the closest they have had to a complete lineup since the Stadium Series game. I am sure it will look a lot different by tomorrow, but these are the lines I would like to see heading into Game 1.

The first line looked really good in spurts since the deadline, McCann cooled down after his absurd play in the beginning of March, but I think he plays a really smart game and he can fly so he is a great compliment to Sid & Jake's line. I would think we would see some good results against Barzy's line.

Rust-Malkin-Kessel has worked in the past, and as much as the team wants to break Kessel off of Geno's line I just think it's doing a disservice to the both of them. Kessel has been just fine and has been great 5on5, which Geno needs.

Third line might be my darkhorse this series. I have loved what we have seen out of Simon, Bjugy & Horny. Seems like they control the play and tempo whenever they are out there, and have even created some good scoring chances. With all the speed from our top6, this would be the perfect change of pace against the Isles 3rd line. I think they are much better than Filppula & Komarov, and this could cause some serious issues against 2nd and 3rd line when deployed correctly.

Fourth Line scares me the most. I am not sure any team has a better 4th line than the Isles. I think ZAR would definitely provide more speed and finesse playing with Blueger and Cullen, but I just have a bad feeling that they are going to get bullied. Martin, Cizikas are no slouches, either. They will make you pay around the boards and in front of Murray. Do whatever you can to handle the 4th line and I think the rest is very manageable.

D PAIRINGS:
Letang-Dumoulin is a given, obviously dependent on if Dumo is good to go or not. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be ready to go, but obviously best to play it smart if they want to make a deep run. Can't do it without him. If both of them can stay healthy, we will have a great chance at advancing.

Mattaa seems to still be getting back into the groove, but Schultz desperately needs him. Jack Johnson is anchoring yet another dman on the team, and Schultz was a huge factor in the previous cup runs. Please please please break up Schultz and JJ. Please.

Petterson-Gudbranson - because how can you break them up? They both have been rock solid for the past month, even with a few shaky games in between for one or the other. Scratching Petterson would be the wrong move, as he is a smart two-way dman. Guddy has been stellar, which is way off from what I expected to see from him. I really hope he continues to rise to the occasion,

I know that Jack Johnson probably will not sit, but how could you make a better argument for any of the other players? JJ has already anchored 3 of our defensemen in Letang, Dumoulin and now Schultz. He looked good with Petterson, but that eventually fizzled out as well. I think you either have to sit JJ or Gudbranson, and with how Guddy has been I just think you are shooting yourself in the foot. I love JJ as a depth D, but I don't see any argument that supports him getting a spot over the other guys right now.

Let me know what you think of these, obviously I am happy with whatever wins hockey games ;)

Go Pens!!
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de BUF
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $75 661 559 $0 $132 500 $3 838 441 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
734 167 $734 167 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
6 800 000 $6 800 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 5
650 000 $650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
DG
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
794 167 $794 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
650 000 $650 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
650 000 $650 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 avr. 2019 à 11 h 32
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
NYI 4th line is why I want to see Wilson on the 4th line instead of Simon on the 3rd line.
They need people who can bang back. It's also why I think you see JJ instead of Maatta.
9 avr. 2019 à 11 h 34
Phil Swift
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 104
it'll likely be a rotation of Maatta and Pettersson, Sully won't sit JJ or guddy. injuries will happen no doubt so they'll all get to play no matter what
9 avr. 2019 à 13 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 59
Quoting: pharrow
NYI 4th line is why I want to see Wilson on the 4th line instead of Simon on the 3rd line.
They need people who can bang back. It's also why I think you see JJ instead of Maatta.

Simon deserves to play. He gets a lot of hate for not being an adequate scorer but he's an elite possession player and he had a really good season defensively.
9 avr. 2019 à 13 h 12
Banni
Quoting: TheExpert
Simon deserves to play. He gets a lot of hate for not being an adequate scorer but he's an elite possession player and he had a really good season defensively.

they can't go out there with no physical presence.
9 avr. 2019 à 17 h 1
they can't go out there with no physical presence.

Already have ZAR, Horny, JJ, and Gudbranson. They'll definitely have a physical presence if Wilson is the odd man out. If they really need him, Blueger will sit. However, that's assuming that the lineup stays healthy throughout the playoffs, which is wishful thinking. He'll get a chance to play.
9 avr. 2019 à 17 h 57
Banni
Quoting: TheExpert
Already have ZAR, Horny, JJ, and Gudbranson. They'll definitely have a physical presence if Wilson is the odd man out. If they really need him, Blueger will sit. However, that's assuming that the lineup stays healthy throughout the playoffs, which is wishful thinking. He'll get a chance to play.

Zar may not play. I heard he was still day to day. Same as Dumolin.
I really don't consider Horny a physical presence. He isn't exactly a hitter, he's not big enough. He just takes a pounding in front of the net and people confuse that with physicality.

I have always been a big for of your best hitters being forwards. They have more room to rome and more opportunity to hit.
10 avr. 2019 à 11 h 22
Zar may not play. I heard he was still day to day. Same as Dumolin.
I really don't consider Horny a physical presence. He isn't exactly a hitter, he's not big enough. He just takes a pounding in front of the net and people confuse that with physicality.

I have always been a big for of your best hitters being forwards. They have more room to rome and more opportunity to hit.

Well, Horny does have 150 hits this season. I agree with what you're saying about his work in front of the net but he can lay the body in other areas of the ice. As for ZAR, this whole debate is assuming that he's healthy. If not, then Wilson will dress in his place.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage