SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Since im stuck in phoenix

17 mars 2019 à 17 h 59
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,866
****ing American Airlines.. last flight to Tampa is leaving as I speak and our planes engine is busted. So looks like I’m spending a night in Yotes territory.
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 2
Analytics are good
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 962
As a Canadian, all it took was 1 flight with AA to make me decide that I would never fly with them again
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
Quoting: PenGoater99
As a Canadian, all it took was 1 flight with AA to make me decide that I would never fly with them again

They won’t even tell us whether we should stay at the gate or get a hotel. They’re getting, according to the gate agent, “conflicting information”.
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet

Someone just asked a flight attendant and she replied “flip a quarter, idk what to tell ya”.

As soon as we were out of the tunnel and in the gate, the entire crew clocked out for the day
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 37
Analytics are good
Quoting: Hedman77
They won’t even tell us whether we should stay at the gate or get a hotel. They’re getting, according to the gate agent, “conflicting information”.

I had a flight from LaGuardia to Charlotte over the 2018 summer, it took them 40 minutes just to get an engineer out to the plane to see what was wrong with it even though LaGuardia is an AA hub.

They can't stick to timelines for ****
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
I had a flight from LaGuardia to Charlotte over the 2018 summer, it took them 40 minutes just to get an engineer out to the plane to see what was wrong with it even though LaGuardia is an AA hub.

They can't stick to timelines for ****

So our original departure time was noon MST. Now it’s been pushed back to 6P.

But “conflicting information” so who knows.

If it really is at 6 then I wouldn’t be home until just after midnight eastern.
Wouldn’t mind a free night in Phoenix honestly
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 43
Analytics are good

They also do this thing where they won't cancel a flight since they'll have to reimburse all passengers.

They'll "delay" a flight for 6+ hours but won't cancel it.
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2019 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
They also do this thing where they won't cancel a flight since they'll have to reimburse all passengers.

Update: the airline told us they’re looking for a new plane and new crew.

Which means that 6PM departure time was total bull****
17 mars 2019 à 19 h 3
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,759

AA sucks but Phoenix is a sick city - worse places to be stuck. If you're spending the night take a 20 minute Uber to Scottsdale. So many amazing bars.
17 mars 2019 à 19 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet

Quoting: joshelkin
AA sucks but Phoenix is a sick city - worse places to be stuck. If you're spending the night take a 20 minute Uber to Scottsdale. So many amazing bars.

Departure pushed back to about 8 and gate changed

honestly the North Korean state airline probably has better service than this
17 mars 2019 à 19 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet

I’m not at all complaining about the fact it’s phoenix, just the fact I’m not in Tampa yet
joshelkin a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2019 à 19 h 42
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,759
I’m not at all complaining about the fact it’s phoenix, just the fact I’m not in Tampa yet

Oh I hear you. I went to the expansion draft and my departing flight back to NY was cancelled because it was so damn hot (about 120 on the tarmac). Airplanes literally weren't dynamic enough to take off. We stayed an extra night and went to a sick outdoors concert. Best of luck
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
17 mars 2019 à 21 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
Oh I hear you. I went to the expansion draft and my departing flight back to NY was cancelled because it was so damn hot (about 120 on the tarmac). Airplanes literally weren't dynamic enough to take off. We stayed an extra night and went to a sick outdoors concert. Best of luck

I’ll probably write a list of all that went wrong today but long story short we take off in about an hour, and some members of my family will be contacting AA corporate
17 mars 2019 à 21 h 53
Analytics are good
I’ll probably write a list of all that went wrong today but long story short we take off in about an hour, and some members of my family will be contacting AA corporate

I forgot to mention their not so nice customer service (putting it lightly).

I had to spend the night in Charlotte since they couldn't connect me to Toronto even though they have such an extensive network of destinations.
17 mars 2019 à 21 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet

I had to spend the night in Charlotte since they couldn't connect me to Toronto even though they have such an extensive network of destinations.

Yeah I experienced their customer service first hand today
18 mars 2019 à 5 h 11
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
you should try flying the first flight out of Rome.

The bus won't get you to the airport before the first flights. So you are either taking a very expensive cab ride if you can even find one that early (made that mistake only once, no one wants to go out to the airport even if they are out at 4 am) or riding the last bus of the night out and waiting till morning for your flight.
The whole airport is people sleeping anywhere they can find a spot to lay down. If I could only post pictures on here. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. Must have been 1000 people sleeping on the floor for their 6am flights.
18 mars 2019 à 5 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
Quoting: pharrow

The bus won't get you to the airport before the first flights. So you are either taking a very expensive cab ride if you can even find one that early (made that mistake only once, no one wants to go out to the airport even if they are out at 4 am) or riding the last bus of the night out and waiting till morning for your flight.
The whole airport is people sleeping anywhere they can find a spot to lay down. If I could only post pictures on here. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. Must have been 1000 people sleeping on the floor for their 6am flights.

At bag claim in Tampa now.

In total it took 15 hours from original departure time to actual landing time. We could have flown from Phoenix to Tampa to Phoenix to Tampa in that time
18 mars 2019 à 19 h 3
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636

I stay on the airport hotel when in Rome. It's about 15 minute through the tunnel but it helps avoid the Rome traffic....though if you want to go "downtown" Rome it's still a long jaunt. Hard to believe that the food is cheaper and better in airport than at the hotel.
19 mars 2019 à 0 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: palhal
I stay on the airport hotel when in Rome. It's about 15 minute through the tunnel but it helps avoid the Rome traffic....though if you want to go "downtown" Rome it's still a long jaunt. Hard to believe that the food is cheaper and better in airport than at the hotel.

the 24 hour secnond level cafe is wonderful. But those Italian coffees are so small.
19 mars 2019 à 7 h 29
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
the 24 hour secnond level cafe is wonderful. But those Italian coffees are so small.

I can't understand those coffee drinking Italians. Having those small cups of bitter coffee and then they poor in mounds of sugar. I guess they are old world sophisticated and I'm just a raw colonial.
1 nov. 2019 à 12 h 35
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
****ing American Airlines.. last flight to Tampa is leaving as I speak and our planes engine is busted. So looks like I’m spending a night in Yotes territory.

The arena would be a nice place to go. There's never anyone there.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage